Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I cant catch a break

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 00:44
Well, first my computer stops working, and I lose all my work, only to find out that indeed it was still there. However, this work has been once again wiped out. Why? Simply becouse I didnt partion my disk correctly, and wiped windows out, along with all my files. So now im back to square one. However perhaps this is my chance to go back to c++ and actully learn it. And the one bright side is, I now have linux on my main comp. So, once again, and for good this time, Mayor is now nothing but a memory. Thanks for all your support of my projects, no matter how n00b prone they were,

Jase

If you're so smart, why are you reading my post?
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 01:06

jk jk

I'm sorry about your lost game.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 03:57 Edited at: 9th Oct 2005 04:05
Hopefully your mistakes will help newbies to learn to make a backup of their code and media every day.

Newbies... buy a flash drive (and their pretty cheap now) and copy the entire projects directory at the end of each programming day.
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 04:34
But what if "The Man" decides it's time to test his Electro Magnetic Pulso-o-matic?

*tries to think of witty and original signature*
*fails*
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 05:22
Then we're all screwed. It won't matter even if we have backups on a CD because all the computers won't work.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 06:20
Quote: "Hopefully your mistakes will help newbies to learn to make a backup of their code and media every day."

Experience is the best teacher unfortunatly .

Blog is death. How? NO idea. But is murder. REVENGE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:56:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:56:47