Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / UPGRADE 6.0 : first of many beta versions released

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 02:30
Hi Guys,

After many days of bug fixing, and general housekeeping, I am ready to release the very first beta version. Technically, it is more of a pre-alpha release given fully half of the reported bugs are still out there causing trouble, but it keeps my number system simple.

Find the file ready for download here:
http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/DBProUpgrade60-Beta1.zip

Please ensure the following guidelines are met:

1. Backup everything you hold dear before proceeding with this BETA
2. Download and install the latest December 2005 version of DirectX 9.0c
3. Read the Upgrade6_0.txt text file in the root folder before posting on this BETA, as it may contain corrections you need to know about and have a good familiarity with the 9 pages of bug reports before posting new ones. It will make the going a little quicker!

Most of all, have fun, and if it starts to feel like work, step back to your previous version, sit back and relax. We will get the job done, any extra help is a bonus

Geek mode on. Two small 'not quite features' in U6.0 is the extra parameter in SET DISPLAY MODE which allows your applications to VSYNC perfectly at your monitor refresh rate (for smooth applications and games) in both windows and full screen mode. The other taster is that shadows will now work with animated bone models under a VS_2_0 shader if you set the parameter to GPU mode. If you want to see it up close, check out Compiler\effects\stencilshadowbone.fx after you have installed the beta. Geek mode off.

Additionally, we are working on the help this upgrade, so welcome reports which want more information for certain commands, for example the mysteries of SET BLENDING MODE ON, and the like.

Go Code! Have Fun! Be Happy!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 02:55
any .NET support yet?

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 09:17
Quote: "Two small 'not quite features' in U6.0 is the extra parameter in SET DISPLAY MODE which allows your applications to VSYNC perfectly at your monitor refresh rate (for smooth applications and games) in both windows and full screen mode."

VSync? Why don't you give us something useful like Anti-Aliasing?!

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 14:28
Fantastic!

Quote: "any .NET support yet?"

I second that

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2006 14:30
What is it with you .Net lovers ?

Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Smoke me a computer chip, I'll be baking breakfast.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 00:24
its the present and the future
.net sdk & plugin ability would be grand

FREE Automatic file updates for your distributed Games and Apps - see Program Announcements Forum - DBP Demo
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 14:56
Its convoluted and not needed

Anyhoo - Lee, it might be worth checking the activation system. Quite a few people seem to be having problems with it now.

Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Smoke me a computer chip, I'll be baking breakfast.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 15:01
Quote: "Its convoluted and not needed"

Try working for a software development company like Fujitsu, IBM etc. It saves them a pretty penny. Anything but Java or .Net is not even entertained.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 01:23
sorry to have steered this thread away from its topic...

DBP 6 beta!!!...

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2006 08:52
Quote: "Try working for a software development company like Fujitsu, IBM etc. It saves them a pretty penny. Anything but Java or .Net is not even entertained. "

Poor people!

Quote: "DBP 6 beta!!!..."

Its the bizz... Apart from the activation problem

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 19:44
Can you post something reproducable in the Bug Forum and I shall take a look. Activation issues tend to get solved via out Support Mail facility with some basic steps like ensuring the firewall is not blocking the comms or our server is running at 100%. If there is some way I can work with users having activation problems during U6, I can certainly make life a little easily, even if it is just a more informative error message. Please do not post bugs here, I would tend to ignore them

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:30:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:30:41