Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3D World Studio / Cartography Shop v4.1 importer for DarkSDK - (free)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 03:39 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 12:39
Hi all, long time no see!! Anyway, since I've been out of the picture for a while, I've been busy busying away on busy things such as job, family, viewing fantastic pictures of CattleRustler's new sprog (Congratz buddy!!!), and of course, my own little projects such as XScape, which is still on the go. Anyway, during my dev time for XScape, I moved everything over to the DGSDK. The core, the plugins, and of course my CSM map importer which was currently only available for DBP users. Well, not any more!

This archive provides the static .lib file to link with your DGSDK applications, and the header file. Compiled using Visual Studio.NET 2003. It also contains the compiled example with the room map and textures which is contained in the Resource folder.

Now this version does not contain any documentation since the header file pretty much describes all the functions available, but suffice to say, they are practically identical to the ones in the DBP version except for a few minor differences. First off, property functions return strings as consts, so don't go casting them to modifiables and tampering with the values as this will more than likely b00m your app. All functions are prefixed with 'csm'

If your a hardcore C/C++ veteran, this stuff should be pretty straight forward. The DBP documentation is available online from my website, so if you know the name of the function you need help on, just find the appropriate DBP equavalent on the site and it'll describe pretty much what the library function does.

Lastly... this is a free distribution. Josh has had 3D World Studio out on the rampage for some time, and this pretty much surpasses Cartography Shop in every way possible, so no need to keep cooking the same meal!

Enjoy folks!!! Any queries, post here, or email to the usual address.

Your friend, Paul.

[EDIT] Spellings

Home of the Cartography Shop - DarkBASIC Professional map importer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 13:30
cool dude! i havent seen you in a while!
i had a quick question for you, how do you specify different textures for different faces using a memblock mesh? do you have some sort of secret that the rest of us dont know?

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 13:53 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 13:58
I think it is called texture limb() after the mesh is made. Though I could be wrong.

[edit] Actually he just seems to be saving the image indexs and applying the texture with set blend mapping on.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 16:24 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 16:24
@re faze

Plus, with the new 5.8/9 update, multitexturing is pretty straight foraard now. If you can find the narive format importer (another thread here somewhere), download the ZIP file and examine that code, it does multitexturing in that one as well.

Paul.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 03:41
Oh by the way... I've dropped the price of the DBP importer by 50%... lol, forgot about that

Paul.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 04:13
Make sure and send Rich an email with link and pricing. Hopefully he'll put it in the newsletter.

Assuming they get the new collision system in DBP 6.0 I'll update the example to use only DBP commands. I will also be updating it for NGC v4 (when done) which is coming along nicely.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 06:33
I've spoken to Richard personally.. & sent email... At the end of the day, the importer was alot of work, hence still sold.. but the lib for DGSDK required the MSDEV tools which costs cash... My point is that I want to be a friend to everybody and hope that all the good guys get what they need.. but I can't give it all away for free otherwise I'll be living in a pool of moss! So hopefully, all the people who have supported the original importer, and need the DGSDK version, will get a good deal. I'll do my best to support all my exisring customers by forwarding the 3DWS importer when I've completed it But it will be a while

All I can say is.. I'm doing my best to support what I can so far

Paul.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 07:40 Edited at: 1st Mar 2006 07:41
so if im understanding this correctly , your making an individual object out of each face in the native code importer and in the c++ importer your making limbs out of each face and linking them into an object by group?

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 18:47
In the native version, I was creating individual objects per face since each face can have a unique texture. Also, I didn't limb the objects. This was ok for that version at the time, but the C++ one does use limb'd meshes. Each DB object represents an individual group. Obviously groups can have sibling groups as well, so they are also represented as limbs. The general idea is that if your map does not contain ANY groups at all, the map will be made up of one DB object. If you have one or more groups, each group is represented by a single object. If groups are children of parent groups, these are represented as limbs of the parent object.

Paul.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2006 19:10
kewl. i can get to work now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:06:53