Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / gameDentity™ - info, demo, screenshots, Game Profiles, TGC Communtity discount, the lot!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 14:45 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 19:58
REM Edited for version 1.00ee (08/03/06) update to the latest version 1.00 (30/03/06)
Well everyone, hello yet again , first off, thanks for all the feedback and thoughts given on gameDentity which has allowed me things to add for now and the future to make it better and more productive!

Anyway, gameDentity has now been officially updated from v1.00ee to v1.00 and includes the following new features:
User Profile music, free sample sounds, Info status bar, Import/Export (Load/Backup as mm0zct & Supremacy somewhat requested), shortcut to browse gameDentity directory, updated Help + Screenies, a nice selection of bug kills and more... Full features list http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/downloads/Read_Me.txt

gameDentity is developed in Darkbasic PRO, with the help of BLUE GUI as well as some great self-made functions and a few tablespoons of great community functions!

http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/index.html
Full Download(7.07Mb) & 1.00ee update(4.64Mb):
http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/downloads.html
More Screenshots:
http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/screenshots.html

Meet gameDentity:
gameDentity™ is the world's best & only Game profiler, catalogue, backup, transfer and sharing system!

gameDentity allows you to give family, friends and any user of your PC (even strangers) their own iDentity for virtually every PC game on (or soon to be on) your computer.

In layman's terms it means everyone has their own game saves & settings for any & every pc game played in the gameDentity system! And even if others don't use gameDentity, your game saves and settings are safe and unique, plus they won't interfere with the games standard default game saves & settings prior / after using gameDentity!

Many games (old & new) do not include a user profile system (practically all adventure games such as Broken Sword 1-3, Syberia 1-2 to other game genres such as Deus Ex 1-2, Worms Blast etc) and have various ways and places for saving game data & user settings. Not to gameDentity. Each game acts the same and saves in the same place every time, the current playing users very own user profile directory! After which everything remains in tack even if the game is run the normal method (outside gameDentity) after use!

Community Discount info:
30% discount Coupon code: 00133337
In addition to this, anyone from the community that uses the code will also qualify to take advantage of the second offer (80% discount off The Qube!), which means you get an extra offer free!

Feedback & other info
That's about everything for now, feel to give any feedback regarding the above. If you find any bugs, something you think would be a good addition, perhaps you have a Game Profile you want to add/tested etc then post it here or in the following sections of the website...

gameDentity Support:
http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/support.html
gameDentity Forum:
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=eseforums&showforum=6

Thanks in advance! Hope you find this tool fun & useful!

Leroy Frederick - Director / Lead Designer - ETERNAL SYNDROME™ ONLINE: www.ETERNALSYNDROME.com - “Play Your Emagination!”™
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 15:50
1). Is this made using a TGC product?
2). Have you trademarked all of those pieces of text, or just put TM in random places?

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 16:10 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 16:15
wHaT iS WiTh The ToGgLeD CaPs oN tHe WeBsItE ????

The forum is...whats the word im looking for.. oh,ya,Pathetic(tm)
it's reminescent of something from old school,underground,h4x0r wannabe,forums. Expect an email from 1990. They're going to want their style back.

The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 16:20 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 18:15
@John:
1). Sorry i forgot to say, It was made in DB Pro, a lot of the fantastic BLUE GUI as well as some great self-made functions and a few tablespoons of great community functions
2). Yep, only registered trademarks '®' require official registeration though, but I've removed one from my signature for your pleasue , I do have far too many at times! 2 things I love ™'s and smilies

Leroy Frederick - Director / Lead Designer - ETERNAL SYNDROME™ ONLINE: www.ETERNALSYNDROME.com - “Play Your Emagination!”™
The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 18:01 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 18:04
Sorry about the delay, computer crashed, connection locked out, keyboard exploded, monitor vapourised (btw, the last two didn't really happen, thank God!)

Right, @x1bwork:

I wrote a longer explantion of the caps thing, but then the above happened so, here's the short version, the product name has the D capitalised, I experiemented with the same idea on link buttons, didn't like it, convinced myself mixing it up would match the style, so i did. You'll either hate it or love it, but in either case you'll (should) be able to read it!

Regarding the forum, Invision Power Board has skins, so you can select the default from 'my controls' and be happy with it (i'll add more skins in future), other then that, you'll have to deal with (or not) my 'Pathetic™' 1990 forum skin, and if 1990 emails you, tell them they can't have it back!

@all:
By the way, you can see a list of Game Profiles via the downloads section of the website, maybe your game(s) there!

Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
i doubt the porpuse of such application, has all recent decent games have profile management, although i have no doubt it is a product of lots of hardwork, i dont see you making money on this, unless you really market it intensively, even thow, there is no demand on the market for such app,

neitherless, its my own only opinion, and im sure im wrong.

Good job anyway

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120....
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "tell them they can't have it back!"

I have a respect for dev's that dont flip out when I go off on a rant about their work

Ok,power to you.

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 20:25
Quote: " -DirectX 9.0c or Later (a must!). Click Here to get it.
-DirectX compatible Graphics Card with at least 8Mb and Hardware 3D Acceleration. Click Here to get one now!"

UHH one problem only cards with 64mb can handle dx9 and that's pushing it 128mb is probably the best to put there

The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 20:25 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 20:37
@Supremacy: Thanks for the comments ,

It depends on the sorts of game, for instance, modern adventure games (and pretty much all of them) such as 'Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon' has a terrible save system if you plan to have more then one person playing it on one machine, while at the same time classics like Dungeon Keeper or Deus Ex benefit from such a system also because they make the same assumptions!

Regardless of whether or not your game(s) have a Profile system (admitedly one of it's main purposes) it makes backing up and transfering game data and settings a doddle by keeping all this data in one convienient place!

For example, last weekend while visting a family members house, i was able to bring a few games, copy the user_profiles data and go. Loading the game data from another machine was easy as all i had to do was show gameDentity where the game(s) exe file was (no looking for all those game save folders and copying/pasting the data to each folder! ), prior to this i would either have forgotten to copy certain game saves or ended up with older/the wrong game saves which is useless if you wanna continue from where you left off and you ain't backed up in a while.

Add the fact that you can run all your games in one convienent place (admitedly, they may be better [/b)dedicated[/b) Game listers) and the price starts to look more then fair (even without the discount).

So programs only do one of the many things gameDentity does (even if they may do some better) for the same price, sometimes more!

@x1bwork:

@Sunrise 3D: Is that fact?

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 20:40
Quote: "@Sunrise 3D: Is that fact? "

Yep i had to buy a new graphics card just to play rct3 my 8mb wouldn't handle dx9

The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 21:57 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 22:11
@Sunrise 3D: Wow, i'll have to update that then (i've got rct3 too! landmark game!), i've always been blessed (bought) newish graphics cards so i guess i kinda based it on the DBPro box system requirements and the older games I made Game Profiles for such as Dungeon Keeper.

EDIT: Hmm, i had a quick google on 'directx 9.0c requirements' and it seems to vary between 64Mbs (as you said) and 32Mb, this seems to be from various games sites for various games, so i'll update it to 32Mb's, after all, gameDentity isn't rct3 (you do need a sexy graphics card for that game! )

Added in the To Do List, thanks for that knowledge Sunrise 3D

EDITED Again:

Does DBPro 5.9 programs require DirectX 9.0b or 9.0c, the sys requirements on dbpro product page says 9.0b and 16 MB for graphics card? I'm gonna go with this if no one says otherwise

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 22:12
dx9 won't work on all cards that are 32mb but it will work on some that's why i said 64mb

Glad i could help don't want an angry mob outside your house do we

The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 23:00 Edited at: 9th Mar 2006 23:02
Point taken

Quote: "Glad i could help don't want an angry mob outside your house do we"

No we don't, man, i hate when us devs get angry mobs outside the house! Hazard of the job!

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 23:05
Quote: "No we don't, man, i hate when us devs get angry mobs outside the house! Hazard of the job!"

lol

Supremacy
Years of Service
User Offline
well you convinced me, maybe its just me since i dont play many games, neither do i share my pc often, although, if you want an interesting ideia, think about this assumption:

-i though to myself this "The 1nteger" program is great ! its clearly hard work in there, so....why the hell do i think it wont sell well and why dont i like it ??

-i came up with this awnser: portability !
it suckx that u have to cary it around, and how does the license works ?? if i go play to a friends pc, must he have the program or can i give it to him ?

hmmm....theres clearly a problem in here, so i had this ideia, that would make me like your program 5* times more, why dont you make it a web service? it would be inedit !

just imagine, you open up an online account where you can upload all your save games, manage them, trade/exchange them, from anywhere ! in any pc ! you just need an account !

sounds nice hun ? if by any chance this rings you a bell, if you need some help or something, just send me a mail.

Honestly, this ideia starts off in your devs and raises it a bit, i do think you would be better off with a system like this.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120....
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2006 19:42
unfortunately this would require i fairly high bandwidth server with lots of webspace, which probably couldn't be covered by the profit made by selling it.
back to the actual program, sounds like a good idea for some games. i haven't read it thoroughly but maybe a "write game saves to flash disk" button to quickly put all your game saves on your usb drive to take to a friends like a console memory card. of course you would need a button to transfer them back off as well.
maybe an internet transfer thing like suggested but using direct transfer over the internet.

http://ccgi.lochviewwest.plus.com/design1
AMD athlon 64 3000+, 1GB ddr400, abit kv8, 400GB total hdd, ati radeon 9800se 128mb, 2x17" tft(@1280x1024).
The 1nteger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 19:54 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 20:25
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't replied in a while, been busy completing the new version of gameDentity, marketing and loads of other stuff, anyway, gameDentity has now been officially updated from v1.00ee to v1.00 and includes the following new features:

Copied from first post:
Quote: "User Profile music, free sample sounds, Info status bar, Import/Export (Load/Backup as mm0zct & Supremacy somewhat requested), shortcut to browse gameDentity directory, updated Help + Screenies, a nice selection of bug kills and more..."

Get more info on gameDentity from top post or website (both of which have been updated), thanks in advance!

Website: http://www.applications.eternalsyndrome.com/products/gameDentity/index.html

@Supremacy: Basically, to use gameDentity in all it's glory on other machines you have two options

1. Retrieve your license on the other machine
2. Get 2+ licenses (which is heavily discounted for with portability in mind.)

I may be changing the price and multi license discounts to make this even easier then it already is, in any case, if for instance, it's decided that you get 2 licenses for the standard price, you'll probably qualify for that free license later on (don't hold me to this though, i'm speaking off thought, we'll see what happens next update)

Regarding a whole online system thing, sounds like another project all together, although if your offering, i won't complain, perhaps features in exchange for product

Although i think a nice feature would be a ftp upload/download function (as suggested by mm0zct), but i think i'd need some kinda virtual directory viewer.

@mm0zct:
regarding the ftp idea as said above
Quote: "nice feature would be a ftp upload/download function (as suggested by mm0zct), but i think i'd need some kinda virtual directory viewer."

But, i do have a new feature that makes it easy to export/import your game/user profiles anywhere to/from your hard-drive! But this function is in beta (because of the copy_directory function i believe) so test it out and let me know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:09:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:09:47