Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / cannot open file 'libci.lib' compile error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 10:18
It has been a long time since I used dark sdk, but I thought I'd try finnishing an old project. When I try to compile I get the following error. I am working on a new pc since last time I installed...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

Direct X SDK & dark sdk are both installed, and I'm compiling with visual studio 2003.
any ideas?

Thanks!!

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 11:04
Are you using debug mode ? Do you actually have a libci.lib file ? If you do, is the pathing correct ?

Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Al:Tina wants me to pop out of her birthday cake, and guess what she doesn't want me to wear...
Kaiyodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2006 15:35
You probably don't need libci.lib, it's the old IOStream library. You should be able to ignore it in the linker settings ..

Project->Properties->Linker->Input->Ignore Specific Library : libci.lib

You will need libci.lib it of you're including any of these headers ..

FSTREAM.H
IOMANIP.H
IOS.H
IOSTREAM.H
ISTREAM.H
OSTREAM.H
STDIOSTR.H
STREAMB.H
STRSTREA.H

More info here ..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154753

Kaiyodo.
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 06:08
Oh thankyou kaiyodo!!! Thats exactly why I'm getting the error.

I'm using <fstream> so I can't disable it without getting a host of errors... Can I switch to the new IOStream library??? I didn't know there was a newer one...

The link you gave mentioned that one could use #include<use_ansi.h> to make sure that the new lib's are loaded, but it didn't help. I managed to find a libci.lib and link to it, but then I get a whole host of other errors. ->

And so on... It looks almost like I havn't installed the direct x sdk, but I did, twice, to make sure. Could it be that I'm not linking to direct x properly? - It is listed under libraries & includes in the VC++ directories list.

Thankyou again!

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 11:52
Do you have the DirectX libraries listed after the standard C ones ?

Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Al:Tina wants me to pop out of her birthday cake, and guess what she doesn't want me to wear...
Kaiyodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 17:05
As flappy frog says, make sure the includes and libs for the directx sdk are before the default visual studio includes. The platform SDK that comes with VC2003 only contains headers for DirectX 7 or 8 (I forget which), but the compiler will pick that version of d3d.h in preference to your installed sdk if it's before it in the Tools->Options->Project->VC++ Directories->Includes list.

I don't know about the new IOStream library I'm afraid, I've never used it. I was just aware that a lot of people had had probelms with that file missing when they didn't actually need it.

Kaiyodo.
shiny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:03
Your exactly right, it was due to the platform sdk's being in the wrong order! All working now.

Thankyou very much! I don't think I would have ever got it compiling without your help. - And it would have been a shame too, the game is looking great : ).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:30:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:30:35