Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / 3D Minesweeper - Full Game - Source Available

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I decided to release this game at long last. It's been sitting on my drive for a few years. I've recompiled it for DBP rev6.

If enough people request the code - I'll post the full source. The game itself sits inside my standard shell. The same shell I used for 3DMahjong and some other games. It's pretty cool since it frees up a lot of time to concentrate just on your game design.

Anyway - The full game (YES FULL GAME) is available here... The game is Shareware!

LINK:

http://www.paulvarney.com
Tachyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 18:45 Edited at: 22nd May 2006 18:47
Hi, the game is superb, logics, textures, colors, gameplay (smooth camera etc) are all very professional like.
However, only thing I noticed was that sometimes when you click a block, that simply doesnt activate and you have to keep the button pressed about 10 seconds to get it register the clicking. EDIT: Oh crap, I read the help now and it was double click! Well usually you just click in minesweeper games, but this one is clearly unique

I would be realy interested in seeing the source, becouse it had some very helpfull functions like how you position the 2d text at the top of 3d block so that it appears correctly on the screen. The special effects would be nice to experiment with etc. Ofcourse, you can google the mine sweeper logics and 2d text positioning, but It would help if we could see them in one complete game
So count me in, how many left?

Hmm... how can a "full" non-commerial game available for free be shareware, isn't that freeware. And how does open source fit on them?

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 20:56
Neat

Theme park simulator wip boards
Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 21:43
really briliant! looks neat like a commercial game

Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 22nd May 2006 23:11
nifteh fx

I own Megaton Cat
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 23:28
Very nice.

@Tachyon - The text is not really 2D. It is just a 3D plain textured with a number graphic and as you rotate camera the plain is pointed at the camera.

Boo!
3Nigma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2006 23:57
Superb pice of softwear...pls post the code..I'm verry interested in it...

Knowledge belongs to the world...but not this time
Izzy545
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... I can't seem to run it. Says I need DirectX9.0c installed, but after running DXDiag I clearly have the latest version.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 00:11
You need the LATEST version of 9.0c - there are many 9.0c versions because of Microsofts stupid naming policy. All DBPro U6 exes now need it. Toddle off to MS and get it;

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

Boo!
Aslyum
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the feedback Hey, I'll be releasing the FULL SOURCE very shortly. I'm just tyding up another puzzle game first (I'm releasing that tomorrow). It too has lay around my drive for over 3 years at around 95% complete. I'll release the code in the next day or two.

Mineweeper also defaults to a high difficulty - I'd play it on a 2 layer level first to get used to it.

HINT: If there are 60 mines and 3 layers - there will be exactly 20 mines per layer

- AsylumHunter
[href]www.paulvarney.com[/href]
Azrael
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2006 13:47
Very professional!
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Very good!!! This is one of the very few games that I didn't delete after I played it for a while.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:22:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:22:17