Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / CorePak Vol. 2 - - Weapons Animation Video!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:34 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 02:28
Download Video Here:
>>LINK TO FILEFRONT (18mb)<<

Hi,

im tired, so this post may come out a bit sloppy.

OK, i haven't posted much about corepak vol. 2 in a long while, some older members may be aware, but i shall fill in for the newcomers now:

CorePak vol. 2 is the next installment of my model packs for FPSC, volume 1 contained 35 static entities, it can be purchased on my website... http://www.redcore.uni.cc ... Volume 2, is a dedicated weapons pack, after the lack of new weapons for FPSC, to clarify, here is some information:

-16 Weapons, Fully animated, with and without hands
-27 Weapon and Ammo Entities
-3+ Hand variations for all weapons
-5 Segments (also includes Pillars for each segment)

And to those kind individuals who purchased volume 1 as well, they will later receive a character bonus pack when ready

All of this for the fixed price of: $20.00 (USD)

2 Random Screenshots, for those who like quality over videos...

UPDATE!!

if your lazy like myself, and dont wish to scan the thread for pics, here are some enw ones with the new hands and the updated M249 and Deagle animations

NON UPDATE:

I am aware of some problems with a few animations, as followed:

1) Deagle animation, the gun should cock back when firing, also when reloading, obvious really

2) M249, right, i haven't played a game with one of these in for a while, im a bit iffy about the way i done it, i am almost certain something is pulled up somewhere, i am going to look further into this, and may have to redesign the model a bit *sigh*

3) M249 again, simple error, where you can see the end of the arm on the screen on the put-away animation

4) FN SPR A4 (sniper) needs to go down a bit more on the put-away animation.

I couldn't get sound working with the video capture, sorry, i tried an array of programs no success, i have all the files completed, huds, gun specs, yadda yadda, all i have is to edit some reload sounds, im currently using some placeholders to get a feel for the sounds. The actual shooting sounds are done, and they sound VERY hard hitting, especially with Butter Fingers "Sensei" Ally scripts, its like a full blown hectic war in FPSC

you'll be aware some animations are better than others, thus, you can see my progress in animating, i started with a little experience, on the famas, compare that (as well as its texture and model structure) to something like the Eliminator M4A1 and you see some aggravating differences.

Same with some others, like the M249, it saddens me to put a 512 texture on such a big gun, you can really see my early flaws because of this, you may see some alternative larger detailed textures made afterwards

I try to make a good final product, i have rid things in the past, just to satisfy myself, though i stand by the fact that this is a great deal for $20

and i know most people are satisfied with the looks of even what i consider earlier models, so its good to let them have what they want.

Tell me your thoughts, comments, criticism etc.

and for god's sake, THE FPS IS SLOWED DOWN DUE TO THE VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE, I WAS GETTING 30+ ON MY LAPTOP

Enjoy, I hope to be releasing next week

-Jon

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:53 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 02:53
AWESOME!!!!!!

$20!!! It's a deal, can't wait, thanks man.

Visit raptorgames.net for games, movies, and other stuff
I am the only person who runs it. Sign the guest book!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:54
cheers buddy

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:55
Jon- The screens look great man! And anyone who has been around for a while knows that your the resident god when it comes to this stuff. And the 20.00 USD is a very fair for the buyer and unfair to the creator price. Thank you.

RF
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 02:57 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 03:28
No Problem buddy, its good practice need to learn to lose before i learn to love (although, technically, not losing, damn my feeble mind)

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:24
Outstainding Jon! I have one suggestion though.

you should have two versions of Corepack for sale, one with the character and one without. becuase i kind if like that zombie character you made a while ago, but not enough to buy Corepack 1 just to get the characters. naturallt the character version should cost more, but it should be available to those who want it.

_Ken sent me
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:31
I envy you, Jon, for your texture work and animation. You must spent a long time on the animations. If I wasnt so tight, I would buy the pack.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:34 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 03:36
fine, its free to either volume 1 or 2 buyers, i couldnt care less, i know some people care about them, i just want to give them to those who deserve them.

thanks for the comments

edit:

ah, cross posted with higgins...

Quote: "I envy you, Jon, for your texture work and animation. You must spent a long time on the animations. If I wasnt so tight, I would buy the pack.
"

thanks for the kind words Higgins, animation wasnt as long as texturing, and after a while, becomes almost organic keyframing obvious tweens, i'll make a tutorial later on when i have time

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:37 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 03:38
Yes. Yes. Yes.

That's got my $20.

I'm very very tempted to switch to your guns for FOTF... ir at least have them in FOTF multiplayer...

Really top work jon. I love the select animation for the deagle.

and the sniper rifle has real weight to it.

I kept smiling to myself at how many nice little animational touches you had. Wish there'd been sound dude.

I dont care what you say about some of your stuff being sub standard. These are some of the best weapons I've seen available to indy devs, especially at that price. Turbo squid you'd be looking around $50 a piece... in all honesty, you're raping yourself for profits selling to us!!

*edit*

and thanks for the sensei comment, I'd love to see a vid of a battle with some of those guns!!

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:43
Any tutorial you can make Jon would be extremely usefull

RF
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 03:57 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 04:04
thanks Butters,

ive seen too much inspiration i guess, just making me feel small, heh

i love the selection for the deagle aswell, its the one animation i remember from CS:Source which literally stopped me playing the game for a while and keep selecting that weapon to view it 'fling' around again So that was a neat addition, rather than just 'pulling it up'(as sad as that sounds)

another little unique bit i wanted to do was the throwing of the knife from hand to hand in the idle animation, but that made attacking at the wrong time really awful

if i get sound working, i'll make another video, though i doubt it, i tried every method, might need to test on another computer when i have the time

@ Reality Forgotten

ok, will do, ive got a random quick one that popped into my head a second ago about symmetry and Lathe modifier, i'll do that later (yay for weekends)

must be off now

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 04:05
Hmm - I was going to buy Model pack 4, but this - this is SSSOOOO got my money!

AND IT'S GOT A P90!

HEAVEN AT LAST! Or, rather, hell, as more destruction, but that's besides the point

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 04:14
OH MY GOD THATS INSANE! The animations are incredible! You have my $20 . Now I have a delema... Weither to use your beautiful guns,or try to personlize my game with my own.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
5hunter6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 04:38
Wow!!!!!!!1 Thats amazing! Im getting it the second it comes out! Nice job!
Skywalker
Years of Service
User Offline
This is an amazing peice of work, even though I think your a little dispointed with the final product everyone on these forums is probable amazed great job!

cheers!

u would understand if u knew my name was Luke
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 06:04
Quote: "fine, its free to either volume 1 or 2 buyers, i couldnt care less, i know some people care about them, i just want to give them to those who deserve them.
"

That's really nice of you Jon, my already high opinion of you has gone even higher! I just have one question though, are you just including the Zombie i mentioned, or all the characters?

_Ken sent me
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 06:10
I just watched your video and its amazing! if you have as high of quality of sounds as you do textures and animations, I'll buy! just a question though, wasn't the fire rate kind of slow for the jackhammer? it is an automatic after all...

_Ken sent me
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 06:40
Try AutoScreenRecorder 2.0 for your videos.
It runs smoother and uses less CPU then the memory hogging Fraps.
And it's free.
The video was excellent BTW you did a killer job on the weapons.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Fantastic stuff, Mr. Fletcher! Anims look very nice too.

Your pack is very feature-rich and a steal at $20.

Best wishes for your success on this.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 09:02
Super nice Jon. Good luck with this. Some real nice work( and allot of work)there.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks really great, you should email Richard Davey so he can include this in the next newsletter.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 11:55
WOOOW nice i l000ve that laser And i wish i could model as good as that

Nice one seriously

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 12:48
Nice. Only thing I don't like is M24's animation. Bolt don't move enough backwards.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 16:10
here goes...

Quote: "Hmm - I was going to buy Model pack 4, but this - this is SSSOOOO got my money!

AND IT'S GOT A P90!

HEAVEN AT LAST! Or, rather, hell, as more destruction, but that's besides the point "

Cheers buddy!

Quote: "OH MY GOD THATS INSANE! The animations are incredible! You have my $20 . Now I have a delema... Weither to use your beautiful guns,or try to personlize my game with my own."

thanks! theres no harm in learning yourself while your at it, so take a shot at mixing your own weapons

Quote: "Wow!!!!!!!1 Thats amazing! Im getting it the second it comes out! Nice job!"

hehe thank you

Quote: "This is an amazing peice of work, even though I think your a little dispointed with the final product everyone on these forums is probable amazed great job!

cheers!
"

thanks, im not dissapointed, merely sympathetic (as sad at that sounds) for some of the weapons having not as good animations/textures as others, but they're still nice, and all that matters is that you guys like them

Quote: "That's really nice of you Jon, my already high opinion of you has gone even higher! I just have one question though, are you just including the Zombie i mentioned, or all the characters?"

all of the characters, with zombie variations

Quote: "I just watched your video and its amazing! if you have as high of quality of sounds as you do textures and animations, I'll buy! just a question though, wasn't the fire rate kind of slow for the jackhammer? it is an automatic after all..."

thanks, at the moment, (for some sounds) i am using some placeholders from CS: Source (obviously not in the final product, duh), i have got them into place, all i need to do is try my best to generate a sound as close as possible, heh

i dont know about the fire rate on the Jackhammer, i dont think its automatic, rather, semi-automatic, as i have done, an automatic shotgun would be a bit insane dont you think? I'll install FarCry later on, and have a look, ive found myself wanting the view those landscapes again

Quote: "Try AutoScreenRecorder 2.0 for your videos.
It runs smoother and uses less CPU then the memory hogging Fraps.
And it's free.
The video was excellent BTW you did a killer job on the weapons."

that was one of the screen recorders that i tried, and it lagged like hell and produced a crappy video, heh fraps produces a much better video, but thanks for the tip, and ofcourse, the kind comments

Quote: "Fantastic stuff, Mr. Fletcher! Anims look very nice too.

Your pack is very feature-rich and a steal at $20.

Best wishes for your success on this."

thank you, EAI, im glad you like the animations, thanks for the kind words, good luck with developing your weapons aswell

Quote: "Super nice Jon. Good luck with this. Some real nice work( and allot of work)there."

Thanks for the kind words Locrian, the quantity (not that such is important) almost overcomes the orgininal weapons, there are 18 stock weapons

Quote: "Looks really great, you should email Richard Davey so he can include this in the next newsletter."

thanks Bond1, way ahead of ya, emailed him at the start of this topic, shame it was on a friday, might not get a quick reply, but we'll see

Quote: "WOOOW nice i l000ve that laser And i wish i could model as good as that

Nice one seriously"

thanks, yeh i thought that laser was pretty neat too, i was thinking perhaps to make it really long, and have the crosshair as a red dot, what do you guys think?

or should i go with a more traditional crosshair, easier to see

Quote: "Nice. Only thing I don't like is M24's animation. Bolt don't move enough backwards."

Thats an FN SPR A4 by the way, the bolt action may not be the same, but thanks for the comments i'll see what i can do

-Jon

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 16:39
Wow Jon I have watched the video and I must say the animations are sweet. Perfect. Great job I hope you get loads of sales. You deserve it. Good luck.

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 16:54
cheers buddy

no sign of Keith, need i say his opinion on the M249 would be helpful, or too specific we'll see..

i think there was an M249 in Farcry, very late in the game, since that can just about run on my laptop, i think i'll install it now and get playing!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 17:24 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 17:49
What do you need to know about the M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon)? The thing that is "going up" may have been the top of the feed tray for the ammo belt (it is released by two buttons on either side of it in the rear, by the neck of the butt-stock...then it goes up towards the barrel end).

I haven't had a chance to see your video yet (curse you dial-up); but I'll try to get to a high-speed computer.

-Keith

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:28 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 19:29
Jon, can we see some pics of the diffrent hands?

EDIT: I'm also working on a DBP game that would use these nicely...

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:32 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 19:35
ah, ok, thanks for the tip, well i think im way off, i just "put the bullets into a hole" lol, but i think i get it now.

edit:

cross posted with Airslide, i'll post the hand variations soon, no worries, im actually quite sorry for not making them earlier on, and leaving most people's judgement on these ones.

i'll make the others in a bit.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:52
The feed tray cover operates just like a .50 cal's does; if that's any help.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Jon, check out chapter 3 of the M-249 field manual at globalsecurity.org for detailed info and some helpful diagrams if you're interested. Search for "FM 23-14"

Oh, and the jackhammer is indeed full auto. Plus the drum can be used as an AP mine LOL
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 19:58
great work jon i cant wait! ill have to be doing a lot of work to get £10.52 so thatly be hard

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:08
Quote: "Jon, check out chapter 3 of the M-249 field manual at globalsecurity.org for detailed info and some helpful diagrams if you're interested. Search for "FM 23-14"

Oh, and the jackhammer is indeed full auto. Plus the drum can be used as an AP mine LOL"

ok, cheers for that, i'll have a looksy

about the jackhammer, huh never knew, just seemed slow enough to be semi automatic. hah, also didnt know it could be used as a mine aswell, handy

Quote: "great work jon i cant wait! ill have to be doing a lot of work to get £10.52 so thatly be hard"

heh, thanks

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:19
ok, ive had a look, i got it WAAAY wrong, i knew it was wrong in the first place, it looks like im gonna have to rip apart that model a bit to get it looking right.

i'll do some editing now...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:22
The hinge of the Feed Tray Cover is on a spring. I used my left thumb and index finger (I'm right-handed)to push both buttons (to open it).

-Keith

NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 20:45
Wow Jon! The guns look exceptional and the price is very generous. I hope you have many sales.

-NIK

(Mod Edit)
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 21:44
Thanks NIK, im glad everyone is liking so far

thanks aswell Keith, will be good info for animating the hands

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 22:59
*Repeatidly slams head into wall to contain impatiance*

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 23:01
careful there!

Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 23:02 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2006 23:03
*CRACK* Too late! *clutches hold of bloody mess that was once face*

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 04:33
heh,

almost finished upgrading the deagle, ive altered it alot so the back is able to cock back, and its got a nice new shiny texture

i'll post details later on, probably tommorow, i now have to re-animate it (including that flick at the beggining!!)

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 12:28
Coul we please see the different hands please jon

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 14:32
not quite finished yet, sorry

i wanted to finish the animation fixes first but i have left the hands too long, so i'll do them now, and catch up with the animations later on.

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 14:33 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 14:37
oh cool cant wait

EDIT- did you get my email?

(\__/)
(O.o )
Saker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 15:30
Very impressive ... Try to increase the number of polygons in hand ... Wouldnt affect
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 15:34
no, what was it about?

progress on new hand:

im basically retexturing the first one, but without all that nasty burn, then i'll make a black skinned variation, then perhaps one with some camo on the arms... however that may look a tad weird without any geomertry looking like clothing, it would look "stuck to the skin"

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:03
it was about making a model of a person cus on your website it aid if you would like a model of yourself contact me, so you did it for Adam Duva (A4PrOdUcTiOnZ) and i was wondering if you did it for free or if it costs.

By the Way the 2nd hand looks good.

(\__/)
(O.o )
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:27 Edited at: 24th Sep 2006 16:30
i did it for a small cost of $50.00 with a 'tip' of $10 which i handed over full ownership etc. etc.

but i dont have any time for requests right now, im working busy on this pack in my free time, and i have college assignments (my first one is modeling a character)

edit:

update:

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 16:29
ohh well i wouldnt be able to afford that cus im only a kid and i wont be able to earn that much quickly

(\__/)
(O.o )
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 18:01
no worries

update:

after playing Farcry a bit, i really liked the glove with the white bit on the palm, looks pretty nice, rather than overall black:

(top of hand isnt done yet!!)

hehe, looking much better than the other hand so far

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:45:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:45:01