Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Powerloader Aliens like - free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 20:02
Hi.

I modeled this alien like powerloader for my game and decieded to share it with the community.
I use this as a static entity, so i had to take care of the poly count (about 1100). Its not very detailed because of that.
Also i know that my texture is not the best ever, i need to improve my texturing skills.
It free for any use.
I only attached the .x modell and the tga texture, so you can resize, remodel or retexture it if you want to. (if you retexture it, maybe you can release the new texture)
Hope it of use for the community.

greets

torti

Bicos aim dschreman, mai inglisch is not so well

Attachments

Login to view attachments
torti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 20:03
and here is the download

Bicos aim dschreman, mai inglisch is not so well

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 20:11
The model looks really good, but yes, the texture could be a bit better. Thanks for the contribution! If I ever end up retexturing it, I will post it here.

Prince
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks good torti... texturing as you said needs little more work.. but you are surely better than me I've just started 3D modeling
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 21:08
Thanks torti,

Nice model.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 21:15
Hmm, why do I think Halflife?

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 21:18 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 23:04
nice, but as you said the texture needs some work, i cant texture at all though, so i still think its an awesome contribution!

Must refrain from slang type!
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a good model,,but if I am not mistaken,,didnt someone already make one of these a few months back? I know they did bcause I downloaded and tried it. Just a thought...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 22:03
You're thinking of Locrian's Mech Weapon (for the weapon modeling contest); this one is different, and looks to be for a different purpose.

-Keith

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 23:37
Yeah this ones more like the deal in the movie Aliens. Moving cargo or what not. Good job on it though. Saturate the texture a lil so it's not so bright looking, and that would probably help loads without doing much at all to the texture. Lil ware and tear wouldnt hurt either.

Good contribution though, congrats.
Loc
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 00:26 Edited at: 12th Oct 2006 00:27
You know what would be a neat idea.... is to saturate the texture like locrian was saying and if someone was willing to animate this thing to walk back and forth and maybe do a turn then scale this down it would be a great toy...if anybody remember the movie short circuit then you know where I am going with this... no this aint johny 5 but still the idea is the same

Besides Aliens I see things like this at the fleamarket all the time

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 01:19
Me being a huge Alien fan, and having the AVP2 game, and owning the ROM for Aliens the Arcade Game, must comment. first off, I like it becuase it's alien like. you get a cookie. second, some reccomendations.

I don't think it should be Quite that tall, even if you resize it, it looks a little stretched. the textures not too bad, but could stand a little improving. I think there was a few more bars in the part where the human goes to hold them in more, and I believe the bars were yellow.

Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:59:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:59:58