Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / __~* Vaelore *~__ 2D Platform action ! ! __

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2007 21:51
@Deathhead~ Very nice. Yeah np, enjoy xD

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 10:34
~~Update~~

Like promised here's the Concept Art! well..at first it was a drawing and I was going to scan the drawing but couldn't get access so anyways I made a replica of the drawing with paint

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 12:50 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2007 12:51
Quote: "Very nice. Yeah np, enjoy xD"

My Bro gave me Idea to keep it Because he said "Make it in 3d and use it in a game later on" so i thought about what he said. So I did go by his word.
And is that a toaster on the enemies head? P.s. I can whip up a enemy which you can use.

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 22:17
Quote: "My Bro gave me Idea to keep it Because he said "Make it in 3d and use it in a game later on" so i thought about what he said. So I did go by his word.
And is that a toaster on the enemies head? P.s. I can whip up a enemy which you can use."

Ok, and no that's not a toaster on his head. The drawing is better than the Paint Drawing so watever lol

And no thnx. Your style is very different than mines

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 22:34
It looks like it hurts a lot if you get stepped on by those guys. Looking forward to seeing them in the game.

BTW do you have a digital camera? cause you could take a picture of concept art next time...

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 22:45
Quote: "It looks like it hurts a lot if you get stepped on by those guys. Looking forward to seeing them in the game.

BTW do you have a digital camera? cause you could take a picture of concept art next time..."

Lol, it won't hurt. Because it's just fabric on their helmets it was very late when I made the picture, the helmets are suppose to look like a knights helmet lol. I'll make sure to fix that in-game.

Yes that's what I use a camera, but my *cough* dad *cough* says he needs to do something with it so I wasn't going to wait for it (cause I was already 2 days behind schedule).

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 23:10
I mean if they step on you, not the other way around. Their boots look pointy.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Their robot football players or soccer if you live in america

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 00:45
We have uploaded a new screenshot now, demonstrating a new platform and some more particles including simple rain. I hope it's the last one of this screenshots, because we want to concentrate on the editor now and set up the animation-sytsem (which will probably work with real-time-animated-bones, and that's imho much harder then animated sprites , anyway, the bone-system is already finished, but we have to implement it, and hope that it doesn't slow down the game because of very much angle-calculations etc...), so the next ingamescreenshots might come in some weeks or later.

Screenshot here:

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2007 03:40 Edited at: 26th Aug 2007 03:48
A bone based 2D animation system sounds cool, come to think of it this whole game sounds cool. And just a heads up if the angle calculations slow it down do NOT cache sine, cosine, tangent and arctangent values in arrays, people say it is faster but I've timed it and it's actually slower.

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2007 05:37
Quote: "A bone based 2D animation system sounds cool, come to think of it this whole game sounds cool."

Thankx I'll let Mr Koh answer your question, since he is the one creating the Bone-Based engine.

NEWS
~~~~~~~

Some of you might have noticed that we haven't been posting alot of updates lately. This whole past week Mr Koh and I have been waiting until I had enough money to buy a router for my computer. Ok so I finally got the money I needed and bought the router, but I'm having trouble with the Customer Service (Roadrunner lol)So hopefully tomorrow the LAN will be activated. So hang tight everyone, I will be posting updates once the LAN is hooked up.

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2007 14:02
Quote: "And just a heads up if the angle calculations slow it down do NOT cache sine, cosine, tangent and arctangent values in arrays, people say it is faster but I've timed it and it's actually slower."

Thanks for the tip, but when I tested it in past the array-method was faster.
Maybe it's different on each computer, who knows... Will do some more tests later...

-----

Made a new test, seems as if you're right.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Some of you might have noticed that we haven't been posting alot of updates lately. This whole past week Mr Koh and I have been waiting until I had enough money to buy a router for my computer. Ok so I finally got the money I needed and bought the router, but I'm having trouble with the Customer Service (Roadrunner lol)So hopefully tomorrow the LAN will be activated. So hang tight everyone, I will be posting updates once the LAN is hooked up."

Good to hear. The concept art you did in paint was amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing those enemies in action.

Bone based 2D animation system sounds tricky, but if you pull it off, it'll look really good.

Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2007 00:14
Quote: "Good to hear. The concept art you did in paint was amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing those enemies in action.

Bone based 2D animation system sounds tricky, but if you pull it off, it'll look really good."

Thanks

Great news! I've got the router to work! Time to get some work done

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:05:48