Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V109 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 02:36
Bloodhound & Davidek : Unless I get a side by side analysis (before and after), with an FPM I can use to reproduce the issue, it is very difficult for me to see the problem, which means if I change something I will not know whether it solved the issue or not. Ideally I need a before and after FPS rate, screenshots showing those figures at a location within the level, an FPM of that level using default media and emailed direct to lee@thegamecreators.com. Does anyone else get a significant slowdown from B9 to B10/B11, and if so, please provide the above. Currently I cannot reproduce this apparent drop in performance.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2008 04:24
i can have almost 50 ppl an only have 20 fps
it works grate for me =)
as in this vid i had over way way over 50
i sniped 50 an had meany meany others in rooms =)
i just wanted to go on a killing spree
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1926570151179775282

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 12:41
Is this video created with BETA11. If so, can you send me the FPM so I can reproduce the death fall bug issue, thanks I thought I had fixed that bug in a previous beta.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 16:17
Yes I have found the versions become more unstable as they go recently B9, B10, B11 each worse than the previous, but then I have complete instability because of non rendering portals. Difficult then to adjudge fps difference but the frame jumping or sticking and player movement has certainly been affected with player erratic movement getting worse.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 18:49
@Uman:

I keep seeing this "non rendering portals" issue, but I don't understand what it is. Can you please (or anyone) explain what it is and maybe post a FPM?

Thanks!

Your mod has been erased by a signature
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 18:56
Lee, Its too Late!!

I cleaned out FPSC (wiped it out)

Reinstalled it.

and it worked Flawlessly
I think it was just a setting I had in FPSC which it didn't like.
Of course its my fault.
The map was all stock BTW no custem stuff.
but.. o well its all fixed.

Thanks anyway Lee.

pain

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Negrul1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 19:19 Edited at: 16th May 2008 19:28
Ok, this may be a n00by question, and probably has already been answered but... how exactlydo you use the new jumpy height wotsit?
EDIT: Sorry, worked it out for myself!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 23:36 Edited at: 16th May 2008 23:37
Cellbloc Studios,

Non rendering portals in this instance I refer to as opposed to a general conception of them are simply non rendering segments or parts thereof. i.e. they exist in game level following compile but render erratically fluctating in and out of visibility in a simialr way that in some engines at least large scale entities ploygons can some times dissapear from camera view when at accute angles to player when close to very large entities. I think the latter is a DirectX issue.

I have no idea whether or not the two issues have anything to do with one another. It is in any case the portals I am concerned with.

Can I post an fpm. Sorry no can do.

A screen shot is attached.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I opened up FPSC and when logging into the store... it says I do not
have the latest version of FPSC. I downloaded the newest FPSC 1.9 beta again and installed, but it still shows the same message. Have you guys upgraded the store and have yet to release the newest beta or full version yet? I really want to buy without complications.

Astek

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2008 06:33
Quote: "Is this video created with BETA11. If so, can you send me the FPM so I can reproduce the death fall bug issue, thanks I thought I had fixed that bug in a previous beta."

My Vide?

AMSHNOK!!!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 11:03
A new version of FPSC has been released via the auto updater on the 17th May.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 11:36
Hey rick, did you get my email?

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 13:15
GOTH 1 SNIPER : This video you included in your post(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1926570151179775282)

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 13:19
Use the new CHECK FOR UPDATES item from the HELP menu to open the automatic update dialog box. Here you can check for the latest version and download it if detected. This will bring your store version up to the latest one, and so on for all future updates beyond V109

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 13:55
The auto-update worked. Thanks lee.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lee and Rick. I'm really loving the store and with the
models up for sale right now... I'm going to have a field day.

Astek

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 15:54
I really want tobuy some stuff, and i dont get any points till the 26th may (4000 points = my birthday prezzie)

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2008 22:28
Quote: "GOTH 1 SNIPER : This video you included in your post(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1926570151179775282)"

Ok map attached
Warning there are over 50 ppl in that map =) an i stil had 20 FPS

AMSHNOK!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 22:31
Wait... Do TGC people work on the 26th may? Because it's a bank holiday...

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 01:49
Wrong. On my new PC it doesn't work. They take on 100% alpha then and well they are still there, they are invisible.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 17:52
I have to congrtatulate you on doing all of this to FPSC, lee, the TGC store is a great little add-on and the variables system works well, if a little.......indirect....

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 15:13
big porblum. I dont no if it is just me but v1.09 doesnt load if you have full lightmaps and full textures! I need these to be all the way up so my custom textures can be seen. Is is somthing im doing rong or is ita problum in v1.09?

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 21:10
GP, those settings tend to be affected by your computer. When testing a game, just go to the minimum settings. The actual build will do the complete settings, but the Preferences tab just affects your test games.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 22:08
For some reason I can reload when i am standing still but can't reload if I am moving.If I need to reload I have to stop moving first.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 22:41
@FredP:

Sounds like Lee changed the input commands to use Scancodes insteads of keystates.

This was the reason I made my own script command called "keystate=X Y" (Ex. keystate=33 1 to check if the "F" key is being pressed). Scancode don't allow multiple keys to be checked at a time. Keystate can check any key for if it's being pressed.

I'm not certain about this, it just sounds like that's what's happening.

The one and only,

GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 00:45
Well I was trying to load my level into a game, and I had it going all day and it didnt finish.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 00:54 Edited at: 22nd May 2008 10:32
I too can't reload when moving now. Kinda crazy when you are on the run from zombies!

edit: :-(
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 13:34
This was changed so the reload would not interfere with other gun functions, but I agree it should reload during the walk/run section of the gun function. Will be changed for V110.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 16:59 Edited at: 22nd May 2008 17:11
Yeah, and don't try to change weapons while shooting either.
Holding down the mouse key when you hit a key for a different weapon causes it to lock the gun from changing.
Then you have to hit the '0' key to unequip it before you can change to another weapon.

Quote: "I too can't reload when moving now. Kinda crazy when you are on the run from zombies!"

I usually swap weapons on the run because its faster than reloading.
I usually do that when I get low on ammo instead of running all the way out.
Hence my glitch when swapping weapons on the run while firing.
But it is no biggie for me though, since I can stop shooting for the one second it takes to hit that other key.

Quote: "but I agree it should reload during the walk/run section of the gun function. Will be changed for V110"

I can't thank you enough for all of the hard work you do to bring joy to all of us LEE.
So, thanks again.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 17:11 Edited at: 23rd May 2008 04:50
The new version is great. Tried one of my stock-only levels, and it was speeded up quite a bit. The new, more realistic falling is great too, but it comes with some issues. When throwing a held object towards the floor (left click), the item sometimes go through the floor because of the force from the throw combined with the increasing fall.
Other than that, the recoded gravity is awesome. It feels like you're actually throwing things now.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 18:11
Haven't actualy had a look at ths yet, due to being in a state of Ply's mod happiness....(variablleesss..Vvvaaarrrriiiaaabbblllesss!)

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
The new official updates feature variables too, you know.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:28
Well, yes, but limited usage.

I am not saying that v1.09 is not the way to go because there are a lot of other great things about v1.09 that Ply's Mod does not have; and that is only because Ply's mod is based on FPSC v1.07 -- the latest source code that had been released.

Ply's Mod (variables):

* Not just a hundred variables but hundreds of variables.
* Variables are not numbered but have names.
* You can use variables for numeric huds.
* More arithmetic available than just add and subtract - Multiply, Divide, and Mod

Not only that but you can:

* Set the Maximum Weapon Slot
* Add and subtract Entity Health
* Trap the player's Mouse Click
* Manipulate player movement.
* A timer for individual entities
* A start and stop menu so that you can pop up a menu for player selection
* Provides a synchrate to adjust maximum frame rate -- I have set it at 38; a nice comfortable speed without it doing damage.

Ply's mod v1.07 will have even more and if and when the source code for 1.09 comes out I'm sure he will implement his mod version into that source code.

I have to admit that I'm still kind of torn between which to actually use. Although I have revised the first three levels of my current game to use Ply's Mod v1.06. However, I really can't use it until Ply's v1.07 because of at least two features I will need to make it a playable game. FPSC v1.09 has one of them but lacks in other areas. Since this is not and will not be an intensive shooter game and because I've found work-a-rounds regarding some of the issues found in FPSC v1.07 I'm not concerned about a lot of those bugs that have been fixed.

** We are not Alone **
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:29
I'm downloading v1.09 now. We are on our way to the conclusion, boys, get ready.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:34
@AI
Quote: "We are on our way to the conclusion, boys, get ready."

I wish I could say that we are but . . .

LeeBamber
Quote: ". . .it should reload during the walk/run section of the gun function. Will be changed for V110."

If I have interpreted Lee's other messages, this is not the migration version but version 1.10. I still believe the migration version will be v2.0; but then what do I know?

** We are not Alone **
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 23:41
No, it' going to be V1.1

[img]
GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 00:38
Lee, what about the light map thing?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 01:01
I have found that if I leave the ambience at 25 then the blood decals work great.Any lower and the blood turns black.
I am sure the running and reloading bug is minor and will not take much to fix.Lee already knows what is causing it and how to fix it.
When you run FPSC it automatically updates (which is cool) if you have the latest beta download.
BTW if you are using a mod other than FPSC you probably don't want to download and install the latest beta but I am hoping you already knew that...
There are some issues which Lee for one reason or another cannot address until a certain point for one reason or another (you can read through the pages of posts to find the discussions).
I think that at some point or other FPSC is going to become the monster we all knew it would be...and not just because it eats all of your pc's resources.I think that because if you have to use v1 before all of the fun stuff got added you would know what I mean.
Look how far FPSC has come since its initial release.
It's the ones trying to mod the source code I feel sorry for.Unless they have an autoupdater like FPSC for the source code (which wouldn't be a bad idea...) there's no way they can keep up with Lee at this point since Lee has the luxury of sneaking updates in via autoupdate for FPSC.
Now if you'll excuse me Guitar Hero is calling...

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 01:12
Slayer222
Quote: "No, it' going to be V1.1"

That could be but Lee said this in the FPSC Classic and Beyond thread:

Quote: "FPSC V2 Update - major features from X10 after DirectX9 migration work, mid-2008 (perhaps sooner)"

So, that's what I'm going by. Also, it is well known that V1.x is the version that will have the source code available and I believe Lee said that the migration will not have source code available. I hope I'm wrong on that but I don't think so.

** We are not Alone **
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 02:57
I think in algebraic numerical values, v1.10 would equal v2.0, because with a decimal, to keep it short, v1.1 would be v2, v1.11 would be v2.01, and so on so forth.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 03:46
Quote: "I believe Lee said that the migration will not have source code available. I hope I'm wrong on that but I don't think so."

You are wrong, thank god Lee said he will be releasing the source again after migration, however you will need to own several DBP plugins (DarkAI for example) in order to compile it. Not a problem for me because I've already got virtually every plugin on the site

I know some people will complain, but quite frankly all the plugins going into FPSC are superb and if you can't bother buying them you aren't ready to get into programming. Simple as that. The FPSC source code is as complex as a Wolfenstein-3D secert level...times ten

Quote: "I think in algebraic numerical values, v1.10 would equal v2.0, because with a decimal, to keep it short, v1.1 would be v2, v1.11 would be v2.01, and so on so forth. "

Eh? Did you finish school boy? 1.10 would not equal 2.0 - 1.10 (you can drop the zero btw) is 1.10. As simple as that. The second 1 is in the tenths place. In, say, 1.09, nine is in the hundreths place. To get 1.1 you increase 1.09 by 0.01. To get to 2.0 from 1.09 you'll have to increase it by 0.91. Big difference.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:06
@Airslide

I think I do remember reading that. Actually I have no problem with having to purchase the plug-ins. Everybody who uses DBPro has to buy them. In fact, I already bought them because I do have DBPro.

@FredP

Quote: ". . .since Lee has the luxury of sneaking updates in via autoupdate for FPSC."

That sneeky Lee.

BTW, I don't know how old you are and of course I'm not asking you but my brother-in-law who is 56 has gotten hooked on Guitar Hero. He had bought it for his youngest boy who is still at home.

** We are not Alone **
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:15
Oh God. I'm sorry, I wasn't really thinking when I was typing. And no, I didn't finish school, I'm on the brink of high school.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:26 Edited at: 23rd May 2008 04:27
LOL! Actually Airslide, they have to skip though. I sure don't want to wait another 90 updates for the migration.

[img]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:40 Edited at: 23rd May 2008 16:23
I'm 40 years old.I got GH3 as a gift a few weeks ago...it's more addicting than WOW.Now I have all of the GH games and Rock Band...and I am eating Ramen noodles...lol.
Now my other half is ticked because GH4 is coming out soon...

On topic...
I was unhappy at first about having to buy plug-ins but if you are modding the source code you should have these plug-ins anyway or be acquiring them.I don't know if I am going to get DarkLights or DarkPhysics when I purchase my next plug-in.
What sucks is there's so many of them it's hard to choose which one you want to purchase...Airslide has one heck of a budget or he's been buying them since day one.
I am glad they are keeping the source code open (and if you are too cheap/can't afford the plug-ins there's probably some crazy way to disble them...if you dare.Heck,I think Lee disables them by accident from time to time...just kidding,Lee).I think the community development approach to FPSC that Lee and TGC are going with is great.

Quote: "LOL! Actually Airslide, they have to skip though. I sure don't want to wait another 90 updates for the migration."

What would be really funny is if Lee snuck the migration in via the autouploader.I wonder how many people would notice.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 05:31 Edited at: 23rd May 2008 05:34
Quote: "Airslide has one heck of a budget or he's been buying them since day one."

I think I bought the Enhancement Pack, BlueGUI, Unity and TextureMax all at the same time. Never got Nuclear Glory because I use Sparky's DLL. I got extends sometime shortly after it came out. DarkPhysics and DarkAI I bought in a bundle (I think ) and I got DarkLights as soon as I heard about it. I got DarkShader (more of an app) sometime in there, and most recently bought Enhanced Animations. Don't have DarkInk (just came out and no use for it) or the 2D kit. Haven't really looked into PurePlugin, but might later.

Okay back on topic

EDIT: Oh, and just FYI, not a lot of people seem to realize this but I'm a DBP user first FPSC user second Don't use the DBP boards very much though.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 11:00
Quote: "I'm a DBP user first FPSC user second Don't use the DBP boards very much though."

It would seem that that's just the way us FPSC Modders are. I mean, we spend all of our time messing with teh source code and almost 0% of the time playing with FPSC, save for the time it takes to test the damn thing.

Quote: "I was unhappy at first about buying to buy plug-ins"

Man, I think I must have re-read that part at least 10 times before I realised that it HAS to be a typo or you changed your mind about the wording half-way through typing it.

The one and only,

jack frost knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Im having 2 problems with FPSC V109.

1. When i check for updates, and it finds a new version available, i try downloading it but it says "Could not create local file".

2. When i try testing the game, i get to "Saving and optimizing world" and it gives me a runtime error 106.

Please help.

MY system:
Velocity micro-
4GB RAM
2.3 Quad core
ATI Radeon 3870 (DDR4) 512MB
gooses
Years of Service
User Offline
Upgrade v1.09 fps x9

My Spec dell 1520, 1.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, vista basic (yes i know rubbish spec!) lol

i tried to upgrade and all the items on the left hand tool bar go mad! out of lign - eg. the add entity will have a image of colonel x?
Am i doing something wrong?
Is it the low spec of my laptop?
pls help...
Thanks
Chris.
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 15:37
I cannot uninstall V108

The advice is to uninstall any previous update before installing latest one. I currently have V108 installed but I cannot find it listed in Add/Remove Programs to be able to remove it first.

Can I just install V109? or how do I remove V108 manually?

I am running Windows XP SP2.

Press key '1' at anytime to re-record your message.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:19:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:19:03