Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V109 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 02:44
The testing old stuff bug is nothing new.

It's been there since V107, since I get it too.

All you gotta do is force the engine to redo the lightmaps some way (add a segment spot, delete a segment spot, reposition a light).

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 06:01
What it's doing is using the DBO/DBU universe files of a previous build. So, two possible ways to do this. One is as Plystire said because adding or deleting a segment will force a rebuild of the test level and create a new set of DBO/DBU universe files.

This issue began in v1.07 because Lee was apparently trying to find ways to make testing faster by using previous DBO/DBU files. However, a rebuild had to take place when there was a possible change in the portals or lightmapping. What I have done is take a segment room already in my level segment library and put it on the outside of the usable map to force a rebuild. The next time I need a rebuild I then delete the segment. However, I have begun using the second option. I delete all of the files located in the levelbank\testlevel folder. This is where the test level Universe files are kept. That way I don't have to keep messing around with the map and possibly cause another problem.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 15:16
Funny, I've never had this happen before, only using 1.09B2 but thanks fot the tips guys.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 16:30
I have an error with v1.09B2. When I turn on bloodonfloor=1 and test a level, when I shoot an enemy in the legs facing the floor, a pop-up saying "blood on floor now" comes up. When I press Enter, the game goes back to the editor and crashes. I'll also put this in Bug Reports.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 21:07
AI, I don't believe it is really a "bug". As a programmer I know what Lee was doing and he forgot to take out the message box and subsequent code when he was testing whether or not blood on floor works. The message box is just telling him that the code is working. For now you probably need to just set the bloodonfloor flag to 0. I will let Lee know about it.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 21:08
Hmmm....that's what I thought it was.....

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 21:20
Is recoil going to be added? Just a tilting of the screen or something?

And why is the FPS capped at 38fps?

Robert F
User Banned
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 23:32
Quote: "a pop-up saying "blood on floor now" comes up"

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Sounds like Lee has some debugging remnants left in his code.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 05:57
ROLFAMO!

ROLFAMO!

ROLFAMO!

Lee needs to work on that a bit

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I have yet to freeze or crash with the new update

Thanks LEE

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 20:15 Edited at: 14th Apr 2008 20:18
ACTION 2 - Added new flag BLOODONFLOOR in SETUP.INI, set to one to cause blood to hit floor

When i put that to 1 i get an error saying

Blood over flow now

what i do rong

Blood is GOOD ever flow of blood is BETTER

nvm i see the post up there by F l a t l a n d e r

Ok i will wait
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 01:51
"overflow" could mean a variety of things. One of them being what you were thinking of.

Another meaning to overflow is that an array size has exceeded to amount of alloted memory thus being a "memory overflow".

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 03:17
sorry i mean blood on floor now
thats the error nvm
TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 17:00
All updates are related to the internal engine capabilities .. I've faced a pb don't know if it will be fine to resolve it or not .. just an idea. When running the compiled game (.exe file) It works .. my point that another session (instance) of the game can be run too sometimes it run in the background this increases the load on the PC and it slows down the game speed .. I discovered this when my child was playing with Letters Kingdom game he double clicked the icon double thousand clicks

My request is to dissallow more than one instance to be run from any compiled output game.

don't know if this is really interesting to be checked or not

Techno VaLLeY
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 22:03
Yay once this is out of beta, im ganna start work on an FPRPG. Variables are all you need, even if they are in objects. I could always have a load of rocks somewhere and give them all the variables... cant wait

Thanks very much lee, all ive ever wanted were variables and now they are here

ty
Tyrano

Prepare for an epic battle between Good and Neutral!
Astro Chickster
User Banned
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 12:17
What's a variable?

Must... kill... husband...'s obsession with star trek!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 13:11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2008 00:57
timerbased or no? im too lazy to read the features...

Play the games the masters play: MKZn and 3-B promo

http://www.3bpromo.tk
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2008 06:12 Edited at: 17th Apr 2008 06:14
Quote: "timerbased or no? im too lazy to read the features..."

In the migration which will be v2.0. Versions 1.09+ will not have timerbased.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting a weird bug... When I place two weapons near each other, they move away from each other. A picture is attached. I made a smiley face of pistols and I'm comparing it to in-game.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 05:39
It's not a bug, it has happened ever since v1. Why this happens, I don't know.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To xyzz1233,
Quote: "I'm getting a weird bug... When I place two weapons near each other, they move away from each other. A picture is attached. I made a smiley face of pistols and I'm comparing it to in-game."

This happens with dynamic entities. The engine sees the bounding boxes as to close or invading each other. When the items spawn in it is seen as more then one object in the same space. The objects then separate violently.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 10:36
That's not a bug, like the others said. In fact, it was intentionally coded into the engine for Weapons and Ammo entities (Not just dynamic entities)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 16:18 Edited at: 20th Apr 2008 16:20
I agree that it is not bug.

I have had it happen with all the entities that I have used.

It keeps me from doing silly things like accidentally placing things inside other things.

I have however placed things together on purpose to make different types of consoles and such.

Anyone can test this by adding 2 items in the same place or really close. When the level starts they will shoot away from each other. If the items are set to static that will not happen. Of course, you don't want to set weapons to static or you won't be able to pick them up.

Pretty easy to test it and it might be amusing.

But back on topic. I still have had no issues with this last update.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know... I just find it annoying when the player needs to start with more than one weapon, and I need to put a few extra clips of ammunition for them to pick up. Oh well...

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Having the player be able to start with more than one weapon, as an option, would be a great addition.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 19:15
There's a trick to it, look in my profile under FPSC Chat.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 19:20
Quote: "Yay once this is out of beta, im ganna start work on an FPRPG."

Oh my god. Allowing FPSC to be capable of first person RPG's is going to be massive. Imagine sitting down to create your own FPSC DeusEx

You would need to take a fairly linear approach to the world due to the FPSC map size. You can't return to previously visited areas unless you duplicate them in the level structure so level design would be a interesting challenge.

Actually implementing all the objects / NPC's / puzzles / stats and just trying to make things as interactive as possible is very exciting and will allow for a real step up in whats possible with FPSC gameplay mechanics.

Games like System Shock 2 / DeusEx and Bioshock have all shown what a few variables can do for your first person shooter.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 00:31
Quote: "Oh my god. Allowing FPSC to be capable of first person RPG's is going to be massive."

ZOMG!!!! Who'da thunk it?

Didn't I mention something like this the very first time I released my mod with variables?

Quote: "You would need to take a fairly linear approach to the world due to the FPSC map size. You can't return to previously visited areas unless you duplicate them in the level structure so level design would be a interesting challenge."

Didn't I fix that with a new scripting command?

Quote: "Games like System Shock 2 / DeusEx and Bioshock have all shown what a few variables can do for your first person shooter."

Yet, everyone is way too fixated on Bloom/Water/HSL/HDR/Parallax/Relief/DoF/<insert some other shader here>/etc.
to give it a try.

Oh well, live and let live, I suppose. Guess it won't matter anymore once the migration occurs, everything I've done gets put into V2, and then my name fades out of people's memory like a temporary tattoo on the palm their hand.
I thought people wanted a more powerful FPSC... not just an FPSC that made things look good and played like crap.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 02:51
Quote: "and then my name fades out of people's memory like a temporary tattoo on the palm their hand."

Ill never forget you,.. The one and only, ~PlystirE~

Victory Is Imminent
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 03:18
Who's Plystire?

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 07:20
Errr, what's your name, I hope Lee doesn't forget you.

Uhhh, I've seen the word plystire around the forums. Does anybody know what it means?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 09:34
Nuuuuuuu!!! It has started already!

At least fuzz will remember me.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah a noob, hi plystire, you seem familiar, but welcome to the TGC forums.

lol.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 21:34
Make sure to read the stickies

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 23:41
Quote: "Ah a noob, hi plystire, you seem familiar, but welcome to the TGC forums."

When welcoming someone who has just joined, they would be a "newb" and not a "noob". Big diff, right Slayer?

Quote: "Make sure to read the stickies"

Hey I MADE one of the stickies, so no need to tell me.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 23:52
Wow... Okay... Anyway.... I cant seem to get the beta working. I can't even get 1.08 working... can someone help? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=128157&b=28
I really need the new update. Oh yeah, hi Plystire

Wraith Games... Play Harder
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
lol plys, and I apologize for using the incorrect term for newb, I'm a noob now because I spelled it n00b. lol (slayer that was a joke not anything offensive to you).

and wraith, I don't know...

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 00:51
V109 BETA3 is now available from the first post in this thread. All features requested from V109 now in there except the biggest and thus last remaining feature; increased loading times.

To implement this last feature I am going to experiment with an idea I have to lump the entire collection of images from the standalone executable into a single image block and then load the images as requested directly from memory. This will eliminate the disc swap delay right away, and might even prove a cleaner way to handle a large quantity of similar textures internally by sorting them for faster location of reused textures. Finally this feature creates a natural hiding place for image files, and will make any compression and encryption options much easier to implement. More than half the disc space of a typical FPSC executable is texture data, and should provide some loading time reduction. I may also look into additional data block techniques for other media such as WAV and BIN files if this techniques proves successful though this will probably go into the migration version.

For those experiencing problems with installing the BETA versions, I suggest you make sufficient backups of your files and then re-install FPS Creator from scratch remembering to manually delete any rogue files that may exist in the default installation folder after the uninstall, that the registry is clear of FPSC markers and that the computer has been reset before reinstalling. I also suggest you only attempt to use the beta versions if you are comfortable with the beta process.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 00:58
I'm checking this out now, Lee. Will edit or post back when I'm finished testing.

Oh, and the reloading sounds on the weapons for MP9/10 are messed up (the assault rifles, shotguns, machine-guns and revolvers); the sounds for the regular pistols are fine.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 01:03
I think my problem might be the installer... The files don't show up on my program list, but they do in the editor loading screen (Whitch is as far as I can get)... What do you guys think?

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 01:09
Mine works perfectly, I'm not sure about yours, WS. Maybe try a reinstall?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 01:15
puppy of kosh: the only thing that you did offensive to me was spell my name without a capital S But I can take an insult

Lee: Good luck and Godspeed with that. I know I'm not the only one dying to hear more about V2
Slayer_2

[img]
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 02:34
Wow... I can's even seem to uninstall it (I feel useless). I keeps telling me that there is a fatal error, or something. I'll have to search the boards about THAT now... BRB!

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 02:41
Uh..... Guys.... What's a catastrophic error!?!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 02:49
Usually means that it failed miserably at what it was trying to do.

What method are you using to uninstall? I usually uninstall FPSC through the control panel program.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 02:51
Mine doesn't even work, it justs acts like V1.08...

[img]
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 03:45
Dang... I just had to use a factory restore... Wish me luck

Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 03:58
Wen I click on test level with V9 Windows says it encounters a proble an need to close, that's why I'm using V8 by know ):

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:32:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:32:31