Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V109 BETA - Public Test

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 18:40
Yes, download the latest beta, it comes with an example game using the new jump height gravity.

Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 18:52
another bug with the 7th beta, is that if i get a segment into the editor, it will be named segment library. (or is that supposed to happen?)

User of AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ CPU, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB Memory Graphics Card.
_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 19:24 Edited at: 4th May 2008 19:25
oh sorry my fault i dont want to post sorry

-Im sorry for my bad english-
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 19:27
Quote: "Once you have FPSC installed properly, your model packs installed, and the latest update in, I highly recommend you make a backup copy of the "FPS Creator" folder and put it away. If you screw the pooch or another update does, you can copy the backup over and be in good shape."

Good idea xplosys. I never even thought of that one. Would save me from having to re-install all the time.
Chris Ganuza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 20:02 Edited at: 4th May 2008 20:31
Thanks for updating the game again! It shows you dont do it for the money.

I just completely reinstalled my entire FPSC. I deleted the FPSC folder which was 4.04 GB

I just reinstalled the game. Before i get the new version back up, ill give you a comparrison on the performance.

Version 1.00

33 FPS in a level that had 9 segments and nothing else
It took 92 seconds to load the ww2 level, but i took out the lightmaps
The ww2 level ran with 10 Frames per second.

Version 1.9.7

35 FPS in the 9 segment room, plus itunes was acting up, which may have slowed it down
Loading the ww2 level with no lightmaps took only 36 seconds
And the ww2 level ran with a frame rate of 13.

Test one: 33-35
Test two: 92-36
Test three:10-13

CG
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 21:49 Edited at: 4th May 2008 22:26
Quote: "People tend not to read the text/information that accompanies the updates (important things like knowing that MP5 installs V1.03, or that you should delete all you .dbo files before updating to V1.09) and just click - click - click."

Or they read it and forget 2 years later.
Well, I forgot that MP5 installs v103 for two reason.
1) They have been out for a long time.
2) It is illogical to make a model pack force a reversion to the editor, so it was not something my brain wants to remember.
Model Pack 5 should not install v103 if you already have a higher version number, period. What sense does that make?

As far as deleting the .dbo files...I do remember Lee mentioning that somewhere now that you say something.
I have to wonder whatever happened to the good old command lines days when the update installer could have simply done a erase *.dbo in the directories it needs to.

Anyway I did read it before but I forgot, and it is important to remember that the updates do not fully install themselves.
It is also important to remember that buying an old model pack can ruin your editor if it has an illogical installer.
Now that you rubbed it in xplosys, I won't forget again.

Quote: "NOTE: Although the system should automatically update your BIN files, to make sure all the entity/segment changes take effect, delete all the .BIN files in your FPS CreatorFiles folder to ensure the FPE and FPS files can recreate new .BIN files to reflect the changes with this update."

@ xplosys
Is this what you are saying we didn't read?
Because it says .BIN files, not .DBO

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 22:35
Well, the DBO files are all created as faster loading versions of their accompanying model. They aren't necessary to use FPSC, and will just be regenerated if you delete them (Honeslty, it doesn't take long, I don't even notice an increase in load time)

It might just be a precautionary step taken for people.

Here's a simple method of deleting bin and dbo files for people who don't already know it. Open Notepad, and write this in it:

Now... save it, close Notepad, and Rename the file to "DelBinDbo.BAT" Make SURE you change the file extension to ".bat"

Then, put that in your FPS Creator folder (I wouldn't go putting this any other place on my computer), and double-click it to delete all .bin and .dbo files that FPSC would ever care about.

The one and only,

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th May 2008 22:46 Edited at: 4th May 2008 22:47
Conjured Entertainment,

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I had no particular person in mind when I posted that, it's just that I've been reading a lot of "It don't work!" threads.

I also see that mis-naming of segments in the library.

Best.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 23:09 Edited at: 4th May 2008 23:09
You could do what Plystire said (Which is very effective.) but if you don't know what your doing just download this program and it does the same same thing. Without the risk of messing something else up. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127248&b=21
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 23:10
@plystire

I never knew that you could run batch files with shell commands right out of windows like that.
I don't remember earlier versions of windows doing that?
You had to goto the command prompt first, whcih meant typing it all in the old way. (no copy/paste)
When did they do that; did that come with the PowerShell?
Thanks

Quote: "I had no particular person in mind when I posted that"

Your () looked as if you were stickin' it to me.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 23:42
@Conjured:

I'm not sure when it happened... for as long as I can remember, batch files could run DOS commands. I think the new version of "del" became available when Windows NT 2000 or something came out. Not quite sure.

Just one note for people... be careful with that. Don't go doing something stupid like, "del /s /f *.*" and then putting it directly on your C:/
It's a rather effective way to **************** your computer.

The one and only,

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 00:14
lol, plystire.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 02:38 Edited at: 5th May 2008 02:41
Quote: "... for as long as I can remember, batch files could run DOS commands."

Yeah, I know that. I didn't forget that one.

I meant when could you run a bat file from windows GUI.
It was always something I had to do with the CLI.
Anyways, good info to know, thanks.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I've come across what I think is a new issue, after installing V109 BETA 7 I noticed a few graphic problems, mainly light mapping on the overlays and some characters not appearing correctly (they appear as floating guns). To attempt to resolve this I deleted all of the .bin, .dbo and .dbu files. When I rebuilt my level the FPS had dropped from a consistent 18 FPS to 1-4 FPS. I then uninstalled BETA 7 and reinstalled BETA 6 to see if this solved the problem and now none of my levels will build (the editor crashes at the loading from .DBO and .DBU stage). I'm backing up and reinstalling at the moment but wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th May 2008 18:23
Resopnse from Lee concerning texture issue V109_B7.

Quote: "Hi,

AK47 will be back in BETA8. Let me know of other MP5 issues.
Best Regards,

Lee"

narcoman
Years of Service
User Offline
V109_B7 glas problem

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Update on invisible entities,

Only those trigger by a zone are invisible, those that spawn from the start work perfectly.

Strange, I've emailed Lee, not sure now through if this is a B7 issue or an older one I've not noticed before.

Frame rate issue solved by reinstall..
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 17:14
BETA8 is now uploaded for you to continue your tests. The missing JPG texture issue should have been resolved, but if there is anything else V109 is doing wrong than V108 did right, let me know soon as we are close to finalising this version now.

Please ensure a complete bug report from the V109 BETA versions otherwise I cannot reproduce the problem and no change will be made in respect of the report. Thanks for the feedback!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 17:23 Edited at: 7th May 2008 18:30
To Bloodhound 2: I am sure that it was the fact that people wanted to help that got your answer. You posted on Posted: 3rd May 2008 at 13:39 and then again on 4th May 2008 at 07:50. People might have been looking into your issue. I am one that always tests things before I post anything. I have learned that an untested idea is a socially dangerous thing on a forum. These things take time to get a handle on sometimes. It might take a few days to get the answer that you need. Polite reminders work and don't get you a bad reputation. I for one would be happy to help you if the request is a polite one. I don't post much because I work, am running my business and working on game ideas. People just get busy is all. If you have a question just click the "email" button at the bottom of any of my posts. If I can find an answer I will be happy to share.

Have an awesome day!!

EDIT:
To LeeBamber: that is spooky. you must have been uploading the update as I just typing my post. LOL!!

Thanks a ton.

EDIT #2:

I downloaded and installed update 8.

1) Lay down some ground.

2) Place a window segment.

3) Test the level.

4)You will find that they window is just what you placed and where you placed it.

5) Go back to the editor and delete the window sement.

6)Test the level.

You will find that the window frame still there.

It also happens with doors segments.

If a wall segment is placed where the window or door segment is it will over write the previous segment. If the wall is deleted the frame of the door or window is gone.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 18:28
I tried v109 beta 8 on my two finalised games and they worked fine.
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 18:29 Edited at: 7th May 2008 18:29
lol about time you added that new program Lee Great addition
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
As my post indicated, in order to see this bug you must you must test a new level that has been created with this update.

I also had no issues with games that I built earlier on.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Macgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 20:16 Edited at: 7th May 2008 20:25
hey I seem to have a problem with V1.09
I cant only draw the wall part of a room segment it also draws the floor

Beside that, I still cant save my projects without FPSC that (sometimes) crashes. Sometimes it works, and sometimes, well it wont respond anymore

Attachments

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2008 20:24
only found too bugs

one as incense the window fram is not showing
as you can see here

But here you can see the the fram is there but not showing

and the 2nd bug is the floor sounds.i used the same room the 1st room floor sounds worked good but for the 2nd room no sounds
then i tryed on 4 rooms the same but 1 room sounds where good the 2nd room faded a little bit.The 3rd room fased more then the 2nd room then the 4th room had no sound

I tryed thes thing more then one time to make shore the it wasent just me

but other then that I LOVE IT i can put almost 40 ppl in my map with only a 7 fps drop
Macgames
Years of Service
User Offline
also one question: is this normal?

Attachments

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 20:43
GOTH 1 SNIPER Do you have shaders on? If so try it with it off. If not no Idea
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2008 20:56
yes shaders on but be4 i never had any porb with shaders

BUT NOW I HAVE A BIG PROB i wat back to v1.8 an yes i backed up my files but when i went to the game I have been working on for 9 MONTHS ITS DID THE SAME TO THE WENDOWS WTH happend

this is after deleteing the v1.9b then puting the files i backed up an then installing the v1.8

( months of work wasted)
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:00
It's something to do with the shader. Just turn it off and try it.
narcoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:02 Edited at: 7th May 2008 22:04
i cant build my game see pict with the 1.09 beta8

Attachments

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:12 Edited at: 7th May 2008 22:32
WHAT im trying to say is i never had this prob with 1.8 ok..

NOw i Uninstalled EVERY THING REPET ===>>>((((EVERY THING))))<====

Now i have v1.0 installed ((((REPET EVER THING WAS UNINSTALLED THEN INSTALLED V1.0))))

Shaders are off REPETE ((((SHADERS ARE OFF))))

but that up date is till messing up
Just see pix the is from v1.0 REPET THIS SCREEN IS FROM V1.0

(((REPET EVER THING WAS UNINSTALLED THEN INSTALLED V1.0 AND SHADERS ARE OFF.))))
Must i repet what im trying to say?Is that good english?
(((REPET EVER THING WAS UNINSTALLED THEN INSTALLED V1.0 AND SHADERS ARE OFF.)))) that screen shot is from the v1.0 after uninstalling every thing to do with FPSC thats model packs addons
EVERY THING UNINSTALLED. But still the crap from the v1.9b still want to carry over some how an REPETE I UNINSTALLED EVERY THING
but the crap still wasnt to do this

Edit:This is with shaders on BE FOR THE V1.9b UPDATE ((((REPET BE FOR THE V1.9b)))))
Shaders on b4 the 1.9b Update

As you can see the shaders where on
((((REPET BE FOR THE V1.9b)))))

((((REPET BE FOR THE V1.9b)))))
After the update an every thing uninstalled (((REPET AFTER THE UPDATE AN UNINSTALLED EVERY THING AN THING REINSTALLED EVERY THING.))
this screen shot is from v1.8 AFTER UNINSTALLING EVERY THING THIN INSTALLING v1.0 THEN v1.8
((((REPET this screen shot is from v1.8 AFTER UNINSTALLING EVERY THING THIN INSTALLING v1.0 THEN v1.8)))

((((REPET this screen shot is from v1.8 AFTER UNINSTALLING EVERY THING THIN INSTALLING v1.0 THEN v1.8)))

What im tring to say is that the v1.9bbeta carryed over some some how even after uninstilling every thing then reinstalling the FPSC then the v1.8 update
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:20
When using the New Beta's It's best to test it on a new level. Because things change from version to version. Example. You built a game using 1.07 and then Updated to the newest beta. Somethings are just different from each other so things won't work right.

Tips for Testing the Beta's:
1)Make a new game. Don't use older Levels. Use Stock media. (Then Model Packs after you know Stock works.)
2)When a Bug shows up. Think first what could fix this bug.
Example: Door Texture not showing up it's just a white texture. Well first thing check to see if there is a texture, then check the .pfe to see if the texture matches. Ect...
3)After trying to fix it yourself then Post asking for help.(Don't be lazy when testing.)
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:21 Edited at: 7th May 2008 22:28
To GOTH 1 SNIPER:
My issue is not the same as yours. I can see the window and door frames. It is after I delete the window or door segment that I have the problem. The frames are still there. At no time are the window and door frames invisible. It is the fact that they should be gone and they are not.

To Woolfman:
Can you think of anything that might cause my issue? Can you think of anything that the user can do to fix it? If so please share. Before answering please read my original post on the issue. If you do not read that post then you will not understand the issue. If you don't understand the issue then it would not be possible to offer useful input.

Thanks

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2008 22:35
Just look at the post agen you will see the pix be4 the update be4 the v1.9b an you can see that i have the shaders on
but now i uninstalled every thing the started over new copy of FPSC an the v1.8 i still get the same bugs from the v1.9b carryed over some how
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 23:02 Edited at: 7th May 2008 23:04
incense: I get the same problem as you. So it would be a bug that we can't fix on are own. The Delete/Remove Window/Door segment tool is not working correctly. It's something that Lee would need to know about.
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
you notice that almost nobody uses shaders (i think) because they are so glitchy so how about not using them at all

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
"incense: I get the same problem as you. So it would be a bug that we can't fix on are own. The Delete/Remove Window/Door segment tool is not working correctly. It's something that Lee would need to know about."

That's what I figured from the very start. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being lazy.

Thanks

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 00:29
Lol I'm not the one who is judging the lazyness, thats for each person to decide.

As for shaders... Well I'm still waiting on Version FPSC 2.0 till I give up
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To Dude232:
I never use shaders. I have run games that use them and games that do not. I have seen screenies of games that use them and others that do not. To tell the truth I can hardly tell the difference if there is any at all. I have no clue what the big hub-bub is about shaders. I think that there are people that use them just to say that they do. Then there are people that say that they see a difference. I have shown games to people that have them and another version that does not have them. I didn't tell the people what game had them and what game didn't. I did this on a brand new PC with all the updates and a great graphics card and an older one. I then asked what game had them. The results tell me that even most experienced gamers really can't tell. So I agree with you. Why have them at all?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 01:32
You can tell if a game has shaders by the shiny "metallic" look that most objects have.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2008 01:54 Edited at: 8th May 2008 02:44
the shaders bring out the walls more.
shaders dont give the wall that flat look it puts more detal in the walls an objects

say you have a rock wall with no shaders it wont look bumpy like a real brick wall
with shaders on gives it more of a real look

Here thes 2 screens have shaders on

and thes 2 screens have shaders off

As you can see there is a big dif with shaders on
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah tons of weird spots all on the floor and walls which is why i dont use shaders...

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 8th May 2008 02:57
Dude232 ya i found away around that.

The room in the screen shots was a qick build room just to show the dif of shaders on an shaders off

to fix the walls an floors just put a light bout 1/2 of a inch off the floor an 1/2 inch from the wall
the same if you have a big room with top, mid bottom

it mite sound to much but it looks grate when you do it
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it looks better without. Unless the way that you found to make it look better really makes it look better in major way.

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 03:53
Shaders do make a big difference. But ya guys are going a bit off topic. Try and keep this one about the 1.9 beta's.

But ya want to talk about shaders make a new thread.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 04:09
I don't know if this has already been mentioned,

but whenever I go to build game, my lightmap quality is 10. I change it, reload my map, build it again. It goes back to 10. I change the level, change the quality, save, reload, etc, it still doesn't work.

Andrew121
Years of Service
User Offline
I am getting really ticked off, because every time i update i do not notice any features. For example the lightmapping still hasn't been fixed. Ive installed and reinstalled a couple times following everything that everyone told me, but nothing.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
k

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 09:54
Quote: "I don't know if this has already been mentioned,

but whenever I go to build game, my lightmap quality is 10. I change it, reload my map, build it again. It goes back to 10. I change the level, change the quality, save, reload, etc, it still doesn't work."

Change whatever you want in the setup.ini file...in your case it would be the lightmap quality.
Build a test game...doesn't matter what you build.Any crap level will do.
Just make sure you select new game when you build and not any previous setting you used.
After you build the game check your setup.ini file.It should now reflect whatever changes you made to it.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 11:49
Wow. BETA8 sucks. I'm getting a minimum of 7 FPS in a room with on door and one light. And that's all there is in the level.

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 11:58 Edited at: 8th May 2008 11:59
Quote: "you notice that almost nobody uses shaders (i think) because they are so glitchy so how about not using them at all
"

I use shaders like:

Bump,bumpent and bumcuberaplhareflecta and it makes games look better..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:14:39