Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V109 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So everyone can draw only the wall parts of segments except me? Have you tested it? Or at least could someone test it? Please?
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 16:27
I tested it and I can just draw the wall part of a segment. So I don't know why you aren't able to.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 16:41
Ah, the new Beta fixed all my issues with Decals, However sometimes areas with more then 5 DYNAMIC entity's in it, will not render entity's at all.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 17:10
The window frame issue has been fixed for BETA9.

Macgames : Cannot action. Please provide a step by step of what you are doing to draw a wall segment without the floor, and a screenshot of what you get. Provide the same detail for your save crash issue, thanks. The character sizing is correct.

GOTH 1 SNIPER : When you uninstall FPSC you also need to manually remove temporary files. Go to the default location of C:\Program Files\The Game Creators after your uninstall and delete the FPS Creator folder as well. You can also try locating and deleting the associated registry entries if you want a COMPLETE fresh install.

narcoman : Your shot looks amazingly like Vista, which is not supported by V109. The migration version will be the first version to support a Vista operating system for the X9 product.

The Toasty : It is likely something wrong with your installation, as this issue has not been reported elsewhere. Perform a complete re-install and try V1, then apply BETA8 and compare.

For those new to beta testing, reinstalling FPSC is a very common activity, largely to ensure the test is true to the latest version and not relying on leftover files form previous work in progress binaries. If you are not comfortable reinstalling FPSC a few times, best to avoid beta versions! Remember to manually remove leftover files for a completely fresh install of FPS Creator.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
narcoman
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "narcoman : Your shot looks amazingly like Vista, which is not supported by V109. The migration version will be the first version to support a Vista operating system for the X9 product."

im using xp sp3 with vista theme
Macgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 19:04 Edited at: 8th May 2008 19:06
Heres the image for the wall problem. I select a segment, press the "draw wall segment only" or something and it draws the floor segment at the same time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 20:10 Edited at: 8th May 2008 20:21
To Andrew121:
You said "I am getting really ticked off, because every time i update i do not notice any features. For example the light mapping still hasn't been fixed. Ive installed and reinstalled a couple times following everything that everyone told me, but nothing."

I am sure that someone would be able to help you if you included the following in your post

1) What new features you are looking for. (Lee has said that these updates are to add fixes for a lot of the previous issues)

2) What are you using lighting for exactly. (Tell what your trying to do and how you want to use the lighting and then tell how it is not working)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
To The Toasty:
You said "Wow. BETA8 sucks. I'm getting a minimum of 7 FPS in a room with on door and one light. And that's all there is in the level."

I made a room with one light and a door and nothing else. I got 38 FPS.

----------------------------------------------------------

To Macgames:
You said "So everyone can draw only the wall parts of segments except me? Have you tested it? Or at least could someone test it? Please?"

I laid down ground and tried to draw just walls using the feature that is meant to draw only walls. It laid down the wall and the floor on one side.

I deleted the ground and tried to draw just walls using the feature that is meant to draw only walls. It laid down the wall and nothing else.

When I tried to add ground on both sides of the wall, the wall was deleted in favor of the ground.

I then tried to lay down some floor to match the wall it laid down the floor just fine on what would be the inside wall.

On the outside of the wall it turn outside of the wall into the same as the inside.

Then I tried to lay ground on the outside of the wall and that worked fine, but the outside of the wall was was returned to being the outside type of wall. It also started a new segment.

Then I tried to lay ground on the inside of the wall and the wall was deleted in favor of the ground.

I then laid down floor for a room and drew walls and it drew only walls.

My conclusion is that you can only draw just walls on no ground or on a room floor.

Is there anyone that has a different outcome?
-------------------------------------------------------------
To Prince Of Darkness:
You said "Ah, the new Beta fixed all my issues with Decals, However sometimes areas with more then 5 DYNAMIC entity's in it, will not render entity's at all."

I made a room with one dynamic light and 6 dynamic entities. All of the entities and the light worked just fine.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 00:00
Quote: "To Prince Of Darkness:
You said "Ah, the new Beta fixed all my issues with Decals, However sometimes areas with more then 5 DYNAMIC entity's in it, will not render entity's at all."

I made a room with one dynamic light and 6 dynamic entities. All of the entities and the light worked just fine."

I said Sometimes, and since not every PC is the same, and not everyone has the same bugs... Its unlikely someone else has it. I have not been able to re-produce it more then 6 times though, it stopped when I installed the TGC store*.

*=Its not released yet, so please don't ask me where to get it.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 00:47
Er? Why is this coming from Korea about the TGC Store and Newsletter?

http://megamix.co.kr/?mid=gdesign&category=456&document_srl=879

Your mod has been erased by a signature
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 01:24
Quote: "Build a test game...doesn't matter what you build.Any crap level will do."

Uh...build a test game...does the mean "test game" or "build game"?

Quote: "Just make sure you select new game when you build and not any previous setting you used."

New game?

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To Prince Of Darkness:
your post didn't include any of the details that your last one did. If it had I would not have replied to it at all. It seemed as though you were seeking verification. I did my best to reproduce your issue. If you make a rhetorical post please just say that is the case and I won't respond. That way I don't step on any toes.

To Cellbloc Studios:
It just mentioned the store once. No details.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Macgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Incense. I hadn't tested out all the combinations. You obviously did, so thanks. Ill keep this in mind. But can we say if this is a bug? "Draw only walls" is supposed to, well...

Quote: "My conclusion is that you can only draw just walls on no ground or on a room floor.
"

It would be nice to draw only the wall part on everything.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:38 Edited at: 9th May 2008 17:58
I would say that it is not a bug but it is an inconvenience. It would really help to be able to draw only walls. There is a tool for that in FPSC but as far a I can see it only does half the job. It only draws walls on floor tiles or on nothing at all. If there is ground then it insists on laying floor to match the wall.

One could try to use the entity maker to make segments of just wall. Making segments manually is not that hard either.

Good luck.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 17:56 Edited at: 9th May 2008 18:01
You cannot mix base segments on a single tile, so you cannot have the floor of segment A and the walls of segment B. The base segment is selected and then you can choose whether that segment should hide or show its walls. A feature to mix base segment parts is possible and something we can look at after the migration version is underway. It may increase build time slightly, but perhaps it would be a worthwhile cost for the additional flexibility it would bring.

Bloodhound, I have replied to your email as requested.

narcoman, email me your problem in detail and we can bounce the solution between us for a possible BETA10. I cannot reproduce your issue currently.

Prince Of Darkness, I will need more information than that to reproduce the issue A step by step guide on how to recreate the problem using default media, plus a screen shot to show how it should be and one to show how the latest beta changed the behaviour.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 18:10 Edited at: 10th May 2008 09:16
To LeeBamber:
Sounds good to me.

Are you also going to work on callable lifts as well? then there is the issues with multi player like if one player opens a door, the other player still sees the door as shut. Then there is collusion on open doors......

OOoops! I got off topic again I'm bad for that these days it seems. My bad.

One step at a time I suppose.

Thanks Lee,

EDIT:
I am not sure if this is a bug with this update 109-9 or not. Whenever I turn shaders on the level is dark with or without light mapping. If I leave shaders off the level is lit just the way I intended.

EDIT 2:
Never mind, my bad.
Is that just with this update or has that been an ongoing thing?

EDIT 3:
I laid some ground and added the WW2 radio. I then tested the level and it ran fine. I then deleted the radio from the level. I tested the level again and the radio was still there. I have stated the exact conditions that this issue can be recreated under. Can someone please varify this for me?

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 02:55 Edited at: 10th May 2008 02:56
My bad again. Double post.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 19:26
Bug:

When using the level "terrorstrike", using the default rifle, when you zoom in to shoot, fire one round, it will continue to make the "one shot" rifle sound until you fire another round from the gun. Always I have tested it "inside" the building.

Repeatable Level:
10 - Always

Jak Pennin
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently updated and all was fine and dandy until i got model pack 10... now it just stays on the loading screen even when it says its ready

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war ~Shakespear~Julius Casear~Act 3~Scene 1
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:13
@Cellbloc:

This has been an issue with automatic firing weapons since V1.0

It's been dealt with in modded versions of the engine (However unclean it may be... it's better than having it loop the sound forever). Perhaps Lee can fix it in the next Beta? *wink wink hint hint nudge nudge cough cough slap slap*

The one and only,

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:38
lol thats one way to drop a clue Plystire.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 02:46 Edited at: 11th May 2008 04:17
I must be pretty lucky not to ever have had to deal with that issue. I started using FPSC at V1.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th May 2008 03:42
Quote: "This has been an issue with automatic firing weapons since V1.0"

I've never had the issue either. Could it be related to a particular sound or board chip?

Best.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Good thought xplosys. Definitely something for people that have that issue to look into.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 05:13
I'm still getting black entities (from Model Pack 17 and spawned from trigger zone). What do you guys think is up with that? My speed is also WAY down... But I have a cruddy PC anyway. Here's a screenshot of the entity in the full build.

Wraith Games... Play Harder

Attachments

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 07:31
I've had the looping auto-fire sound bug for every automatic weapon I've used. It's caused by shooting a single bullet with an automatic weapon (Quickly left click). The firing sound will then loop until you shoot again.

I must say it's very annoying, especially when trying to conserve ammo with an automatic weapon. I do single shots all the time in FPSs with automatic weapons. Since all enemies of the same type have a certain amount of health, I count how many shots it takes to kill them (if a head shot isn't possible), then just click that many times. In FPSC, if it's an odd number of shots, then this bug forces you to use another bullet just to shut off teh looping sound.

The one and only,

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 20:28
Quote: " There are no longer any X files exported to the standalone final game
"

Sorry lee but there are X files in my final standalone games..

Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 00:07
Hey Darek! What are X files?
Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 00:07
Hey Darek! What are X files?!
BMB
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I must say it's very annoying... this bug forces you to use another bullet just to shut off teh looping sound."

I'd have to say I agree with that. I always thought it was because I'm running Vista though since I never noticed it before I switched last year (then again I got FPSC right before I got Vista in the first place so I didn't test it much before to really find out I guess). But since you say you've had this issue all the way back in version 1.0 then I'd say it really does need to be fixed... All this time I thought it was only me, and now that I know people playing my games will also get this it does become a problem.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 01:35
Quote: "Hey Darek! What are X files?!"

X files are Direct X 3D model files

Wraith Games... Play Harder
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2008 02:25 Edited at: 12th May 2008 02:27
the same bug with all the v9s is where some if not all of the floor walking sounds wont load.
i even copyed all the floor sounds to the game folder still wont load it works in test game but after the build it wont work
all i can say is just leave the v9 be an we just use v8 cuz i dont have as meany probs with v8. v9 is just 80% bugs.its like every time you say you fixed something in v9 you just messed it up even more. Im sorry to say that but its true

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th May 2008 02:44 Edited at: 12th May 2008 02:46
V1.09 is in BETA. That means it's not finished yet. Whenever you add new features, they must be tested and anything that goes wrong has to be fixed. It's a process that has to be completed, and it involves volunteers to test and report the issues.

I know that you know this, but it sounds like complaining. TGC is always between a rock and a hard place. If they update and add new features, some complain that they don't work (even before they're finished) and if they don't update for a month, people complain that they don't care. I'm glad it's not me. LOL

FPSC is miles ahead of what it was when I bought it. I for one am very pleased with the progress it has made, especially at the cost to me ($0.00), and I look forward to the new features we will see in V2. They will probably take a lot of work and time, but again, be well worth the price.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll get to the important issues in time. Let's at least wait until the update is finished before we say it's messed up.

Best.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 03:58
BMB, Plystire:

That's all fine and dandy that it's been in since the first version, but since Lee is fixing "bugs" and it's been there since "v1.0", maybe it might be a nice time for him to take a quick peek at it (which is why I brought it up).

If we don't mention the bugs that we encounter, they are not going to get fixed.

Maybe Lee will see Plystire wink wink and look into it.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2008 04:28
@xplosys what im trying to say is the one bugs the most ppl talk bout they just over look it what they NEED to do is forget v9
an just work on v2 or what ever they want to call it
.The why i see it is why even use FPSC with v9 cuz your just going to work hard on meany thing then find out at the end nothing is the way you put it.
The game is nothing with the sounds.when you walk YOU HERE NOTHING
then why even use it

The v9 is just makeing more more more more more must i go on probs

I think when they make the betas they never do any thing with thim
all they proly do is make one room an test an walk for bout 10 secs
Truley they need to test it as we do then they can see it for thim selfs
But oh well
Im just going to use FPSC just to make the maps then inport thim to DBP cuz the FPSC Engine is just a wast of my time

AMSHNOK!!!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 16:07
BETA10 pending. Post your woes with BETA9 as a step by step of what I need to do to reproduce remaining problems.

GOTH 1 SNIPER : If you are still in the beta test, apart from the window frame issue which has been fixed, and the silent floor bug which I have confirmed for BETA10, is there anything else wrong with BETA9 for you? I gather you had an issue when you tried to step back to BETA8.

Thanks all for the continued testing. It all helps!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 17:28
Using: Latest shop beta

When right clicking on an entity, the scrollbar for the properties is disabled and can only be reenabled by moving the mouse wheel.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 17:30
Nickydude : Report interface bugs direct to Paul as he currently has control of that source code. If the game engine blows up in your face, that's by bit

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 17:31
Which one's Paul? Where's his email address?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 17:33
Never mind, I already have it.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 19:13
BETA10 uploaded with more fixes. I think I am ready to release very soon, so let me know if you have lingering V109 specific issues!

AOTD Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

First project coming soon.
Scif. Base game
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:43
Lee:

V1.0.9 BETA10 - 12/05/08
------------------------

* Spawned entities in FULL SHADER MODE that use alpha now become visible (fadein)
* If you delete a static entity, universe now rebuilds properly
* Moved material detect of segments after BIN load (solves silent floor issue)
* Fixed bug causing muzzle flash to remain just after zooming in
* Automatic weapons no longer have a repeat-fire bug, code added to prevent
* Gun selection no longer locks when change weapon, then quickly reload
* Added PICKUP.WAV to Items folder as some scripts relied on this file
* Added FLAK USAGE FLAGS so only load in flak which is actually used

Thank you! I have only found about 2 more bugs. I will make sure I can repeat them each and everytime before I submit. They all had to do with sound (basically hearing repeating sounds coming from the room next door).

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:46
I dont mean to keep naging but found more bugs
1: if you have more the 5 characers in a lvl only 2 will shoot
2:with the other 3 or more they just stand there Some times they will move to you then just stand an if you hit them an they fall they will just lay there an some times the one thats on the ground will start following you sliding on there backs

I tryed it with dif characers it will do the same
i tryed it with just 2 characers an every thing was good
I tryed it with 3 characers an 2 worked fin but the 3rd did nothing but twitch

Yes you did fix the floor sounds ty That was just buging the crap out of me

AMSHNOK!!!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:51 Edited at: 12th May 2008 22:51
Quote: "1: if you have more the 5 characers in a lvl only 2 will shoot"

That's always been the case, you have to have 'Always Active?' in the properties set to Yes.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 22:58
@GOTH 1 SNIPER:

Using the default models (I don't have any model packs), can you please post your map so I can also verify it on my machine?

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2008 23:23 Edited at: 12th May 2008 23:31
Un...Ok but you wont have all the models in my map
Edit: Oh now i understand
Ok its attached

@Nickydude if i do that you can only have 5 in the make then cuz that makes a big FPS drop

Im not going to worry bout it ill just go back to v8

AMSHNOK!!!

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 23:51
Quote: "@Nickydude if i do that you can only have 5 in the make then cuz that makes a big FPS drop"

You can just spawn the enemies when needed (that's in my guide).

Quote: "Im not going to worry bout it ill just go back to v8"

Unfortunately the 'only 2 out of 5 shooting' is in all versions, including V1.08.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2008 00:39
no in v1.08 8 out 0f 30 will shoot
an what im trying to say is they wont do any thing if there is more then 2
ok say i have 3 guys in my map i shoot the 2 guys the 3rd guy will just stand there wile im shooting him in the face

AMSHNOK!!!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 00:41
JUST SET ALWAYS ACTIVE TO YES! Watch this: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yf50Yo6p7_0

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 01:08
@Slayer222:

I noticed that the youtube was made about 5 months ago. Can you please download GOTH 1 SNIPER map, change the "Active To Yes" and try it? Maybe the new beta versions are not saving the other stats passed of 2 dymanic entities or something. I'm going to try when I get home from work (about an hour)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:10:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:10:43