Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 05:46
Quote: "Wow. A few SPAS-12 fans, huh? Not too hot on them myself but I'll consider it since I can easily fit it to my updated shotgun animation rig.

What is the desired stock format for SPAS-12? Classic top-folding stock ot fixed rifle stock like in the first Matrix movie (lobby shootout)?"

Top Folding

Victory Is Imminent
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 07:01
If Airmod gets weapon swapping, all of them, but especially the M4/M16, AK's and the RPK. Also the silenced M9 and dessert eagle.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
You, bond1, and Jon are without a doubt the most gifted artists on the TCG forums. Beautiful work.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:20
Too bad there aren't more.

lol, no offense

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 05:42 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 05:43
Thanks, Maniac Modeler.

Quote: "Too bad there aren't more."

More what? If you mean weapons, these will be compatable with model packs 9 & 10. At least as far as having the same hands and general look/feel goes.

---

There's a new AirMod 0.6 video on youtube worth seeing if anyone has yet to. Shows fully functioning SCAR with iron sight and grenade modes. It's truly extra modes. NOT three different weapons strung together. One .X file and one gunspec.txt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGqfUt1TM0

I don't have the latest .exe yet so I can't make videos featuring alt fire but I do have a version with working additional attack animations which is awesome with the melee weapons. There is also blocking which works against NPCs with modified melee scripts. I'll try to get a short vid up for that in the next day or so (or convince Airslide to post one because I don't have any melee characters).
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:24
I'd hate to be a COD4 noob and go off requesting every weapon in COD4. So I won't. But I third? the G36C, it's like my favorite gun ever A scoped/silenced/both version would be cool too. Good luck with these, and BTW, MP9 is in my hitlist

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 08:12 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 10:23
G36 series will be comming. I'm doing something else with identical ergonomics for Airslide anyways. Probably start on it this comming month.

For special AirMod enhanced versions of old weapons, the AKs and shotguns will be first in line. Then possibly some of the pistols if melee altfire becomes possible. M4s and M16s are unfortunately low on the totem pole right now because the way they were built/textures means a lot of rework to get iron sights looking really good.

edit: Don't want to double post but Slayer_2, I see your post on subscription email even though you're slapped and it's not visible here yet. The answer is yes and no. There are alpha sorting issues with FPSC and how it runs on different hardware. I sent Airslide a P90 with see-through magazine that rendered one way on my machine and another way on his. It's not an issue with things like optics because everything is the same group/mesh but with ammo you have several small meshes within the bounding box of a larger, transparent mesh and the rendering gets confused about draw order.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 08:16
With Airmod couldn't you have a clear magazine for the G36C? And see the bullets disappear one by one? That would be awesome.
Slayer_2

[img]
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 13:04
No, your weapons are great and there are plenty. I meant too bad there aren't more great modelers on TGC.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 14:51
Quote: "G36 series will be comming. I'm doing something else with identical ergonomics for Airslide anyways. Probably start on it this comming month.
"

That's good, EAI, but don't push yourself too hard. Probably the only thing I didn't like about MP9/10 is all of the M4 variants. They were all basically the same gun, except for added grips, scopes ect. Don't do the same thing with this... too much.

Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 21:31
Too good for page 2.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Heart Stops. WOW.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 13:38 Edited at: 9th May 2008 13:49
Quote: "Don't do the same thing with this... too much."

I'll try. But you know me lol. Oh, BTW, I've set up slide-lock pistol reload animations like you wanted and will be including that as an option (as well as AirMod iron sights and Ply's Mod Dual-wielding) on future pistols and re-releases.

UPDATE MAY 9, 2008

M-249 S.A.W.

Reloading animation video on YouTube

Shown using a 2048x1024 map. Can be crushed down to 1024x1024 and will stil look OK but suffers a bit in iron sight mode. This model actually has two iron sight animation sets. One is like what is shown in the above image. The other is looking directly through the rear peep sight.

Big thanks to KeithC for hooking me up with some reference photos and guidance which simply couldn't be googled.

nevermind the typo in the pic lol
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 14:40 Edited at: 9th May 2008 15:27
Oh my [mod edit]. EAI, you are a legend. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this. Oh, and thanks for the new animations for the pistols. It's amazing what you can get done around here just for asking nicely. *hint, hint*

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 14:44
Very nice, EAI! I love how the player flicks the one bulet away before reloading, 10/10!!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 18:37
Quote: "I love how the player flicks the one bulet away before reloading"

It's actually a link from the belt, not a bullet.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. I'm gonna buy that.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 00:58
Me too, does it have to be in the store? cant we still get modelpacks?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 05:09
Quote: "Oh my [mod edit]."

Sorry 'bout that, mods.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Errant, animations are looking great.

You might want to consider signing up for a free Vimeo account. You can upload videos at up to 1280x720 resolution and stream it high-def. Plus people have the ability to download the source video directly as well.

Everyone knows Youtube, but it sucks showing all your hard work on a heavily compressed 320x240 video clip. Plus the store supports Vimeo as well.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 10:17
Oh, EAI, BTW, here's something that's a little off-topic. In the stages of MP9/10, you showed us a Barrett with explosive ammunition. How did you do that?

Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay! Machine guns ftw!Looks awesome.

Signed, Zeldar
.....what?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 22:07 Edited at: 10th May 2008 22:09
Thanks for the new coments. I really like that SAW

Quote: "You might want to consider signing up for a free Vimeo account."

Thanks, Bond. I might look into thatwhen I get a chance. I'm using dial up, so I really can't be uploading high-def videos anyways and windows movie maker sort of makes things look crappy before YouTube even gets a hold of it lol. Thanks for reminding me about videos though. I need to get the latest GCS version and do video for the melee weapons. Not to mention figuring out how to edit item details.

Quote: "Oh, EAI, BTW, here's something that's a little off-topic. In the stages of MP9/10, you showed us a Barrett with explosive ammunition. How did you do that?"

The Toasty, that was the XM109, right? I never released it but can put on my laundry list of old/unreleased models to clean up. I didn't release it back then because FPSC used to be so crash-happy about semi-automatic flak weapons (it still is but less-so and easier to overcome either due to more stability or I'm just more used to tweaking flakspec now).

As for "how to do that", all you need to do is, in gunspec, add a line that says Flak = X. X is the directory path for whatever flakspec you want to use. I had a custom flakspec that was set for relatively flat trajectory and high speed.

The biggest problem with semi/full auto flak weapons is that they either don't all explode if there are more than three in-flight and they can chain detonate in the player's face. Not to mention you can cause FPSC to crash.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 10th May 2008 22:18
maybe airslide can fix it,cool weaponry,but bazookas are missing and dual wield guns

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "maybe airslide can fix it,cool weaponry,but bazookas are missing and dual wield guns"

If Airslide adds bullet masking to Airmod, I'll make an RPG-7. I'm not really sure why I've neglected rocket launchers.

I have no plans or desire for dual wield guns under the current system. However, I'll be supporting Plystire's code in any future pistols I release or re-release (from MP9/10).
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 00:16
Quote: "However, I'll be supporting Plystire's code in any future pistols I release or re-release (from MP9/10). "

That will be great.

Quote: "The Toasty, that was the XM109, right? I never released it but can put on my laundry list of old/unreleased models to clean up. I didn't release it back then because FPSC used to be so crash-happy about semi-automatic flak weapons (it still is but less-so and easier to overcome either due to more stability or I'm just more used to tweaking flakspec now).

As for "how to do that", all you need to do is, in gunspec, add a line that says Flak = X. X is the directory path for whatever flakspec you want to use. I had a custom flakspec that was set for relatively flat trajectory and high speed.

"

Ok, i'll give it a try.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 00:43
Great models, can't wait for them to appear somewhere
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:31
Around how many polys are these guns? They look fantastic.

Also, you aren't going to license them for FPSC only are you?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Black Terror
They range between 2000 and 5000 triangles. That includes the hands/arms and ejected brass, etc. I think the SAW ended up at 4770. They're not super low poly but have enough detail to still look good and not too dated if it takes someone a year or two to complete a project. I also subscribe to the belief that the weapon in an FPS is the player character and as such, should be allotted the same budget that would be reasonable for a 3rd person character. And no, these aren't only for FPSC use. You can use them in whatever you can wedge them into.
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 10:12 Edited at: 11th May 2008 14:20
im loving the SAW.great work

Edit.......

i bought model pack 9 and 10

Victory Is Imminent
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 16:13
Ok, great. I was hoping they were around 5000 triangles so I could use them in my game in Leadwerks. Most of the guns we are getting for it are around 5000 polys without hands (we need a modeler/animator to get the guns game-ready)

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
These are really looking sweet! Anyway, I just went on the TGC Store, and realized that I need a commercial agreement to use the stuff I buy. Will you be allowing that? Thanks!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600 x 120
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will you be allowing that? Thanks!"

I don't think I have a choice

I believe it's a requirement that all authors offer the commercial agreement. All you need to do is check a box or something, as far as I know. I think TGC has the seperate agrement thing to limit their liability.

-----

Repost from the AirMod thread:

For the benifit of the users now using the GCS and have downloaded/purchased any of the melee weapons I have up there, here are AirMod 0.6 Beta compatable gunspec.txt for the weapons which have multiple attack animations:

SHB24 (nightstick)
3 attacks, 1 block

Butterfly Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

Chef Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

Combat Knife
2 attacks, 1 block

There are some other weapons I have on store, but they do not include extra attack animations. To update those weapons you need only uncomment the block animation and (under the range command in ;GUN Settings) add the following:

The settings in the above snippet can also be added to any of the other melee weapons found on the GCS store or melee weapons you may already have to get rid of the bullet hole and give them a more dynamic feeling!
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline

words cannot describe what thee models have done to my modeling ego

my god your good, you deserve all the praise from this site...

-cb_

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:01
@ EAI: When're you gonna get more guns in the store?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Eventually. Sorry I can't be more speciffic. I'm in the progress of updating MP9/10 stuff before I put some of it on GCS. The new weapons still need VWEAPs and entities to be built. So much to do. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself. Actually, I wish that pretty much all the time.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:21 Edited at: 16th May 2008 22:23
If I buy this, you don't think I would have a problem subdividing it right?

5000 faces is about half of what I wanted, but the price is probably going to be good. Anyways, if I subdivide the gun and arms, I won't have a problem with bones or animations, correct?

Edit: What is the texture size and are material maps included? (if not I can make my own)

Thanks.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:23
Off topic:

Black terror, have you emailed rick yet? You would be a great addition to the store

On topic: EAI, your weapons are looking great. Cant wait for you to upload the guns.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:38
No I havn't, I can't even use MilkShape 3D anymore because i lost my registration code.

But I am working on buildings that I will send him soon. I am currently making some Arab buildings and textures. I wish it wasn't such a pain in the azz to make models game ready. Much easier to just import a .X and assign it a texture.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If I buy this, you don't think I would have a problem subdividing it right?

5000 faces is about half of what I wanted, but the price is probably going to be good. Anyways, if I subdivide the gun and arms, I won't have a problem with bones or animations, correct?

Edit: What is the texture size and are material maps included? (if not I can make my own)

Thanks."

Depends on if you you have a way to convert .X to an editable format and retain animation. I'm relisting one of the melee weapons on GCS to be a free item, so you should be able to download that (once it's re-approved) to test with. I can tell you straight away that just adding a subdivide modifier will not give good results. It will take an amount of effort.

Texture sizes vary a bit. Hands are all 512x512. Weapons are mostly 1024x1024 but some of the new ones will be 1024x2048. Supoporting textures vary in size for things like ammo and accessories. The weapons I put on GCS will all be full 24bit or 32bit, if alpha is required. So, they should rez-up ok without having nasty DXT compression artifacts. There will be no shader maps included. This may change if I ever start doing media for X10.

Hope that answers your questions. Leadwerks looks quite amazing, really. From what I saw in the last newsletter.

Quote: "words cannot describe what thee models have done to my modeling ego"

Sorry 'bout that.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:52
Yes, Leadwerks is great except it's system requirements are as harsh as X10's.

I'm a little upset that material maps aren't included but I have people that can do it for me.

How much would I have to pay you if I sent you a model of a gun and you added hands, and animated it? They might require a new texture map for the hands though, 512 is pretty small for next-gen engines.

You can contact me in MSN if you have one. Thanks.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 22:54
Quote: "Yes, Leadwerks is great except it's system requirements are as harsh as X10's."

But LW does not have customer support...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
My rate is USD $275 per day. One day minimum, 50% up-front for custom work. I am booked up/busy through the summer though.
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 23:10
uggh, I was hoping a little cheaper. I'll tell you if I ever need you, I dont know.

Yes Leadwerks has fantastic customer service. You just need to signup on the forum.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 11:11
You really do charge a lot, dont you?

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 11:13
You can clearly see why though

Excellent work Errant, looking forward to seeing these in the store.

Paul
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 11:42
Quote: "You really do charge a lot, dont you?"

*Sigh* the gameing buissness cost's alot, stop whining, back a few years ago on this forum a model that is low res, badly animated, and not moddeled properly would go for £50, butters, me and other people are trying to get this around you're head, If you want a model, then you better have a big wallet full of money. Its the only way you're going to get this stuff.

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 15:09
Quote: "You really do charge a lot, dont you?"

You should see what bond charges...

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 16:18
Tell me!

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 16:32
Quote: "*Sigh* the gameing buissness cost's alot, stop whining, back a few years ago on this forum a model that is low res, badly animated, and not moddeled properly would go for £50, butters, me and other people are trying to get this around you're head, If you want a model, then you better have a big wallet full of money. Its the only way you're going to get this stuff."

They expect things to be either free or cost around 2 cent/ 1p. These models are extremley good and in the real industry you have to pay around £50 per model probably more. People take for granted the value of the price things are sold over here at TGC. The model packs are amazing value, and so is the store compared to what you'd have to pay in the real industry. That said if you want someone to make a custom model(s) of these standards you have to be prepared to pay alot.

Anyway, good stuff Eraant AI, keep up the good work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:44:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:44:28