Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 01:32
I asked him on IGD what his nex weapons might be, and I think from memory that it might be the P226. Just a guess, though.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 05:54
Oh no! Warren will leap on that like it's solid gold I'm not a pistol fan, excepting the G18 and Deagle, which own noobs. But any of EAI's weapons are good!

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 06:00
Who's Warren?

Anyway, I like pistols. Especially now that they have slidelock animations.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the new comments. I'm happy people are liking what they are seeing and enjoying the truncheon (yes, Slayer, you can upload your re-texture here if you wish).

Speaking of solid gold

I'm going to finish cutting the video for this after get done posting. There will be three versions sent to GCS very soon: Regular, 2-tone color from MP9 (with some minor texture improvements), silver and gold. I'm pretty pleased with how the engraving turned out. It's pretty amazing what you can do with a couple of Wingdings!

Quote: "So, the M249 has disappearing ammo capabilities? So if Airmod adds that feature, it'll work, right? Even CoD 4 and BF2 don't have that feature."

It has the limb/object naming convention Airslide and I agreed on for the feature as well as the function calls in the gunspec. I think the only game I ever saw with visually depleting, belted ammo was SOF. It'll be delicious if he can get it to work.

Quote: "You'll keep us posted about new things in your shop, right?"

Yes. But I'm not really going to post about what I'm uploading until I'm ready or very close to ready to upload. Don't want to promise things I can't deliver, if possible.

Quote: "any ETA on your next weapon Errant? "

Deagles starting perhaps as early as tonight, then the new, classic-looking 1911A1. After that I transition from big-bore to intermediate pistols, meaning the P226 and M9s. The Shotguns will be next: ehnanced 870MCS and JSCS Breecher from 9/10 plus the new 870P. I'm going to try to get as much uploaded to GCS before the next newsletter as I can. But I won't be taking any shortcuts on quality to get there.

Quote: "I have some weapon ideas in a list"

Thanks. I'm always willing to listen to suggestions. Almost all the ones you listed have already been penciled in-on my long-count list. AI, I've appreciated all the suggestions you, Slayer and others have given me over time.

Quote: "Errant, have you got any tips on modelling hands? Because I just keep going wrong."

OpFor, there's a thread in the Skunkworks board on my old forums about hand theory/modeling. I think you're one of the very few humans with access to that board. Most of what I discuss in there holds true even though there are several things I've needed to modify over time. It should be a decent starting point though. As always, feel free to contact me directly if you have an urgent problem.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 09:30
OMG. That is so freaking awesome. And I noticed that it's using slidelock anims as well.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next weapon. Also, for the new Deagle, could ou make a different sound for it? The default on eis really annoying.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 09:41 Edited at: 24th May 2008 09:48
I might try to tweak the sound a little. My PC has no sound card, so no audio fidelity. Gunshots are fairly difficult to make even decent quality and it's even harder on automatic weapons because of playback bugs with FPSC.

Oh. And yes. Pistols uploaded to GCS will default to slidelock reloading. There are actually four different reloads including single-handed/arcade-style/Ply's Mod dual-wielding reload, classic mp9/10 style manual chambering reload, slidelock reload and tactical reload.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 09:46
Wow. That's gotta suck.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 12:32
Thanks Errant. I'm looking right now.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Changes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 16:27
NICE! when will this be released?

jamie
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm gonna buy that too.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 20:08
SWEET! Deagle man, stylish and .50 cal, what more do you want? A quick question though, do you need MP 9 to use the Deagle? Or is it stand-alone? The gold Deagle is a must-have if you want to be a truly stylish terrorist leader Just make sure you single-hand it Glad to see you support the mods. You know what might be a good idea for us Airmod users out here? The bullet disappearing thing but for that first bullet in a magazine of a gun. So if you reload when theres a bullet left, you can see it, and if you're totally empty there'll be nothing there. Truly, all I want is some more sniper rifles, as a Barret just doesn't cut it for anti-personnel combat. Getting hit by one would probably gib whatever limb it hit. Also the kick-back would probably send the gun flying out of your grip.

[img]
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 20:26
Quote: "Getting hit by one would probably gib whatever limb it hit"

You listenin' Airslide?

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 21:37 Edited at: 24th May 2008 21:39
Quote: "A quick question though, do you need MP 9 to use the Deagle? Or is it stand-alone?"

Everything uploaded to GCS is stand-alone.

Quote: "Just make sure you single-hand it"

Any weapon set up for Ply's Mod compatability can be edited by the user to run only the single handed animations. However, it means only the single-handed reload animation could be used, which might look sort of campy. (But that sounds like what you're talking about )

Quote: "The bullet disappearing thing but for that first bullet in a magazine of a gun"

The visible bullet mesh is named to facillitate that feature. Not only would it be visible/not visible when reloading but on the last round fired, you wouldn't see it being chambered. I didn't think about setting up the gunspec for it though. There is tactical reload animation included. I believe Airslide has that feature penciled-in for AirMod 0.7. Whith that activated, if you are just topping off your ammo, a shorter animation will play that is simply swapping magazines withought the slidelock or slide-racking and the bullet is visible in the magazine when you remove/replace it.

The XIX SE video is on youtube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITkPi4_IX0

I'm in the process of uploading to GCS. The Gold one made it through the upload process but the 2-tone one is being troublesome. Trying the silver one soon. So, there might be a delay before all three are available.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 22:44
Sweet, no offense, but the sound sucks Still a must buy though.
And about the bullet-disappearing thing, you lost me at facilitate Can't wait for more of your boot-rear weapons.

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
No offense taken. Hopefully, before too long, people will be able to sell sound effects on GCS. I figure there must be some talented sound engineers out there who actually have the proper equipment/software and would like to make a few bucks.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, like I said I'm gonna buy that.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 02:36 Edited at: 25th May 2008 03:07
Quote: "The Gold one made it through the upload process "

Are you saying that it's already released? I don't see it.

EDIT: Tactical reload, you say?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 03:32 Edited at: 25th May 2008 03:34
Quote: "Yea, like I said I'm gonna buy that."

Cheers

Quote: "Are you saying that it's already released? I don't see it.

EDIT: Tactical reload, you say?"

It still has to be approved. Don't think they make approvals much if at all over the weekends. I'll try to re-upload the other two tonight.

Yep. You read correctly
If we're lucky, there will even be an empty state so you can run around with the slide locked back, whacking on people, untill you pick up more ammo.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If we're lucky, there will even be an empty state so you can run around with the slide locked back, whacking on people, untill you pick up more ammo."

Wow, that would be...intense.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 03:38
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wow, that would be...intense."

Totally. The animations are included and tested. It's pretty cool. There will need to be some minor gunspec alterations made if/when that feature comes online.

Uh-oh. Page 9... Better have something new to show/announce soon lol
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 05:26
Page 11 for 30 posts a page me I better get some points NOW

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 05:37
Hurry up and approve that Deagle TGC! Damnit!

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant.
I almost cried when I saw your deagle's.
Man, I love that gun. I always wanted to make that gun.
Amazing work.

Also, being a butterfly knife owner myself(multiple 4+ lol ), you should make some variations of yours.

Keep it up and give us more eye candy!
-MM
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 10:25
I've got a modified Sporting12 sound that suits the Desert Eagle, but I dunno if i'm allowed to upload it here.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 10:34
Oh, BTW. I've altered the gunspec for the MK.XIX in MP9 more to my liking. The muzzleflash still sucks, but it's better IMO. And the firing anim is also better IMO. Here you go:

AOTD Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice! I hope you will put them up for sale. Because im willing to spend money on these!

First project coming soon.
Scif. Base game
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Well what can we say but this is great as always.

Blah,blah, blahblah blah lol awesome.

Best s4

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 12:05
I said before that he standard muzzleflash sucks for the Deagle cos' it doesn't suit it. So here's one i've made myself. Sorry for hijacking your thread, EAI. Screen in next post.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 12:05 Edited at: 26th May 2008 12:06

Attachments

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 20:22 Edited at: 26th May 2008 20:25
All three XIX SE versions have been uploaded now and are awaiting approval from TGC.

Thanks for sharing your modifications, Toasty. Truthfully, when it comes time to get my own project underway, I will more than likely be using/modifying some of the MP6 flashes and sounds. No worries about hijack. I get a fair amount of joy from seeing end-users tweaking the media to their liking. On a side note, I was like, "WOW" when I saw in one of Slayer's videos that he was using an alternate hand texture.

Maniac Modeler, let me know what sort of alternates you'd like to see. Feel free to attach a pic of your collection if you want. Thanks for the coment too. I think the DEagle was one of the first WIP FPSC models I ever showed on this forum. Hard to believe that was almost two years ago.

Thanks, S4

AOTD Creator lol, Thanks. Hopefully several more will be up in the comming weeks.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 00:05
Quote: "Thanks for sharing your modifications, Toasty. Truthfully, when it comes time to get my own project underway, I will more than likely be using/modifying some of the MP6 flashes and sounds. No worries about hijack. I get a fair amount of joy from seeing end-users tweaking the media to their liking. On a side note, I was like, "WOW" when I saw in one of Slayer's videos that he was using an alternate hand texture.
"

Thats fine. Now all we have to do is wait on TGC aproving these things!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 01:04 Edited at: 27th May 2008 01:05
I made an alternate hand texture? Oh yeah, that sci-fi Halo style one. Didn't know there was a VIDEO of it Decent things with tweaking become good, good things with tweaking become great Hurry it up TGC!
Slayer_2
P.S. Whats the cost for this one?

[img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 06:40 Edited at: 27th May 2008 06:40
TGC! Hurry up and get your ____ together

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 13:42 Edited at: 28th May 2008 01:15
I'd say the hand-held cannons* will be coming soon, as TGC have approved a few more items.

*Duh, desert eagle!

EDIT: OMG. I am not happy. I wake up, get on my computer, open the store to buy Errant's Deagles, which should have been done AGES ago, I see that there are about 5 new items for sale, then what did I see.

Hmph.

BUTTERFLIES! WHY OH WHY DID THEY HAVE TO BRING OUT BUTTERFLIES BEFORE DESERT EAGLES!
Ok, i'll stop my ranting now. Sorry if i've offended anyone.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 12:55
WOOHOO! DEAGLES ARE OUUUUUUT!

Caps off. Soz for th edouble post, i'm just soooo excited! Errant, i'm buying them both and giving them 5.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL!

Ahh... sorry about the delay. The delay was my fault. I was an idiot and forgot to include the textures for the entities.

Thanks for buying and rating! Are the new reloads OK with you?

Working on the P90 now. Don't think I've ever seen a weapon with a more ugly iron sight view.
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 21:54
yeah nice gun though, wanna see the dual weild

do you have any wireframe shots, i wanna look at your model design

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 22:51 Edited at: 28th May 2008 23:45
P-90! Awesome. now I'm down to 70 points Deagle's nice, working on a gold texture for the default one.
Slayer_2
P.S. My gold Deagle

[img]

Attachments

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 01:33
Quote: "Thanks for buying and rating! Are the new reloads OK with you?"

They are freaking fantastic. And it's good to hear that you're working on P90s now, it's the last gun I need for my game, unless you're gonna finish any of the SCARs anytime soon.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 03:04 Edited at: 29th May 2008 05:44
I need an AK-47, hint, hint
Slayer_2
P.S.
New video finished, IT OWNZ!

[img]
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 04:10 Edited at: 29th May 2008 04:15
Cool! The Desert Eagle is out! Once you get the P90, SCAR, and M32 out, I'm gonna buy some stuff, probably the SCAR, P90, M32, Combat Knife, and M249... BTW, I have the Mark XIX from MP 9, or 10 (can't remember). You said that you'd upload the MP 9 and 10 AirMod upgrades for weapons that don't have modified geometry, and therefore don't need new UV maps. Does this apply to the Deagle from MP 9/10?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 05:45
New video in post above! Short and simple. Oh and a bit gory/violent

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice video but I almost feel sorry for those thugs lol

Quote: "Does this apply to the Deagle from MP 9/10? "

Yeah, it does, actually. I need to find a way to distribute though. Files always get corrupt when I try to upload to Apollo.
Thanks for letting me know your priority needs. I hope to get to the M32 soon as there's really no special AirMod anims needed. I just need to make the VWEAP and sounds.

Anyways, just a heads up/ status update here.

The P90 will likely be released in four versions (est.200pts/each):
P90SE - enhanced, single gun with AirMod and Ply'sMod animations
P90SDSE - same as above but has a silencer
P90DUAL - basic dual wield with minimum mod enhancements
P90SDDUAL - same as above but with silencers
I will try to finish and upload this weekend.

The SCARs Mk16 and Mk17 are a bit up in the air at the moment untill AirMod is further fleshed out to support ammo distribution and a way is found so that the rifle/GL combo weapons do not default to being full auto grenade launchers when loaded into unmodded FPSC

I can still do the classic style setup where the rifle and grenade modes are their own weapons (no alt-fire mode) in the meantime. The problem with that, however, is that it means I'll be trying to upload two weapons worth of files at a time to GCS and I doubt my dialup can pull it off. [whining about dialup]It's actually pretty annoying that I need to have FPSC installed to upload anything. Were that not the case, I could just use an internet cafe.[/whining about dialup]

No-GL versions of mk16 and Mk17 can also be done. I think it should also be possible to use the 3D scope zoom developed for the XM8.

I need potential buyers to let me know what their SCAR priorities are so I know what I can back-burner.

M32 needs VWEAP and reload sounds. I'm on the fence about attempting 3-D scope or going with only standard style. I can always update to a higher standard at a later date and anyone who purchased through GCS can simply re-download the assets.

OK... In two weeks, I'll be taking a development hiatus while I relocate. I won't be taking my PC with me so it may be a full month (hopefully not more) before I'm up and running again. I'll try to get uploaded what I can before that time. Thanks in advance for understanding on this matter.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 13:33 Edited at: 29th May 2008 13:34
Quote: "I doubt my dialup can pull it off"

Doesn't everyone hate internet providers? I set up mine for a 5GB limit, and then they change it straight back to 256kps. *******.

Quote: "I will try to finish and upload this weekend."

WOOT! You know i'll buy em' all.

Quote: "I need potential buyers to let me know what their SCAR priorities are so I know what I can back-burner."

Well, i'll be implementing AirMod into my game when a stable version is released, so the ones with Gl's may be needed. Whatever one with the GL that is most up to scratch would be fine.

Quote: " OK... In two weeks, I'll be taking a development hiatus while I relocate. I won't be taking my PC with me so it may be a full month (hopefully not more) before I'm up and running again. I'll try to get uploaded what I can before that time. Thanks in advance for understanding on this matter. "

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Good luck moving.

Sorry if this is a bit of a mouthful, but still, thanks for the awesome guns!

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
we should all bow our heads when we see his post

we are not worthy

amazing models
why don't you sell them on turbo squid???

you would make a killing!
seriously my god

cant wait for the store now

i am proof
there is no god
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 18:10
Quote: "Nice video but I almost feel sorry for those thugs lol"
Well, they were in my way And I had a custom Gold Deagle

As for all the news, P-90's sound fine to me.

[img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 07:16
I was bored today.

[img]
TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 08:36
My God, Errant AI. I'm completely speechless. I thought you had the desktop titanium excalibur on your hands! (Referring to 3ds MAX) How could you do such textures with MS Paint? SketchUp is quite limited for me, but how can you do that?

I use AutoCAD to model my buildings, doubting me. I have Sketchy on my arsenal, and 3ds MAX 8 but I don't know how to use it.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 14:09
He was joking. He uses Photoshop and 3DS Max.
Quote: "How could you do such textures with MS Paint? SketchUp is quite limited for me, but how can you do that?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:14:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:14:57