Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / TGC Comp: 13 Species [5/11 - 5/15] Final Entry Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 00:48
Well I missed this on purpose mine was too human, I am also on vacation without a computer so that didn't help anyways I vote for agent dink. Ruccus you should try to get that into tgc heroes.

I'm Pro grammer.
dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2008 17:07
well Agent dink gets my vote

Honorable mentions to bad wolf and spambergo.

I may not have one (or have gotten much in the vote category) but i know twice as much about zbrush than i did before fo i guess in that sense it was worth it.

That and the gremlins i have sent forth to your computers will ensure that i win next time.

BTW we should have a trophy icon that can go nect to the member's profile/ website/ email and messanger bar that links competiton members to thier victories. Winning competitions is always good resume material. It may not be Dom war or the CG Society but there are some good artists here.

warning i cant spell
dan958
Years of Service
User Offline
well i think me getting two votes is better than none

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 04:58 Edited at: 16th May 2008 04:59
Quote: "well i think me getting two votes is better than none"

I say aye to that!

Buy some new FPSCreator Ready Characters at:
http://www.freewebs.com/fpscharacters/
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 08:31
looks like voting's over, and if i counted right, Dink won?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 340 KB is a little big don't you think?
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 14:05
really ??? voting is over ???

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 16:30
Voting is over, and I will tally votes and confirm the winner at some point today. Once I sort out the voucher and everything, we'll also have the next competition up and running, so stay tuned.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 18:32
MikeS, just as an approximate date, when do u estimate the next compo to be ??? I appreciate it

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "MikeS, just as an approximate date, when do u estimate the next compo to be ??? I appreciate it "

When the winner sends MikeS a email he will post it up straight away and then it dates will be set to the most appropiate.

We are the cost of a world gone wrong.
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
i might have got no votes (mainly since i started 16 days for this post now) but i learned alot about reduction on models so i won in a way ^_^

mutalist 2.0 will be realesed as soon as i finish animations (completly restarted from scratch) (i hate animating...)

so congrats dink !!!!!

hope to see that in the store BTW what did you call it?

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't have a name yet. Dunno what I'll call it, thanks for the congrats, I haven't added up the votes myself yet so I hope you are right ^_^

I have a low poly version of it as well so you might one day see it in the store. That'd be sweet

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't mean to double post and I don't want to sound impatient. I'm just curious when I'll be contacted about the prize voucher I sorta expected it by now so I was just posting here to make sure that you guys haven't already tried to contact me and failed or something.

Kudos to Jasiek and Wolfman I liked both your models alot. It was hard to decide which to vote for.

Also, does the winner still get to choose the next competition's subject matter?

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 22:49
Good one Agent dink!
congratulations!!!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 00:54
Agent Dink 14 = 14 votes
Jasiek: 7 (+2*.5) = 8 votes
Wolfman: 2 = 2 votes
Dan958: 2 = 2 votes
Ruccus: 1 (+2*.5) = 2 votes
Dragon Assasin: 1 = 1 votes

Congrats to Agent Dink on winning the competition! I will be e-mailing you immediately with further details.

I'd like to thank all that participated and voted. I believe this was a record breaking competition since I've taken over the 3D competitions with 31 votes and 13 entries. There were also more page views and posts of quality than I remember seeing.

------------------------------------------------------------------
A few further notes about the competition:
Since this was the first competition involving prizes, I am revamping things a little bit. There will be a few subtle changes in the next competition, for I may need to rewrite the rules page.

When Ruccus dropped out, people started changing votes and this made my tally job twice as difficult. The format of voting is "I vote for _______." I should not have to interpret who is voting for who under what conditions. "I like" does not work either, I just want things to be clear so I don't make mistakes on my part.

Also, I will have to write rules on dropping out, and how one should do so, as well as how one should change votes. The (+2*.5) next to Ruccus and Jasiek's names means that of two votes, there was some ambiguity, so I just gave half a vote to Jasiek, and half a vote to Ruccus. Again, I am glad the situation of dropping occured, because now I can properly handle it. Fault on my part, not Ruccus's, so sorry to make an example of you Ruccus . Since Dink won by a fair amount, it made no difference regardless. But again, for the record keeping I am doing, that is how the votes will be totaled.

And lastly, I should be able to tally votes fairly quickly, but please allow a few days after the competition for things to be set in stone. There's lots of communication via e-mail(which means slow ), plus I'm a university student who's very busy!

Enough on that, keep your eyes and ears open for the next competition!

(Formerly Yellow)
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 01:07
on a further not can you or whoever place a post saying *voting may now begin * similar to this time. (ie state in the rules voting does not begin until judge says vote /or something)

Also at this point state which entries don't fit into the challenge requirements (in this case ruccus' human /inhuman moderator) that would also clear up some ambiguity.

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 01:12
I will from now on state when voting begins, that is fine.

As for me saying which models do and do not fit the requirements, that's really up to the users as far as which model they vote for. I do not want to be the judge of telling who is and is not allowed to participate after they spend a lot of time on a model. What I can do however, is give users a guide as to what criteria they should cast there vote. For example: How well it fits the competition theme, polish, etc.

I'm open to any more user suggestions before the next competition as well!

(Formerly Yellow)
Spambergo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 04:29
Congrats to Agent Dink... a nice looking, original species. Nice models all around. At least I got an honorable mention vote, thanks Dragon Assassin! Looking forward to the next compo, assuming that my summer job hasn't started by then.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 05:23
Quote: "I'm open to any more user suggestions before the next competition as well!"

A compo based around spaceship modelling(smaller ships / large ones), space stations, stationary weapons/structures(in space), planetary surface structures, futuristic hand-held weapons, ship/station interiors, ship mounted cannons/turrets, escape pods etc, these would all be very good modelling compos . Oh and they are all things I need to make for my game, strange correlation.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
You know what dark coder? I wasn't sure how I wanted the next competition to be themed, but that sounds pretty fun... I'll think about exactly what it should be about and send it off to MikeS.

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 09:19 Edited at: 18th May 2008 09:21
hmm Agent Dink, can you also consider having the next competition based on one of the following themes: pieces of equipment, machineries (like a mechanic robot), apparatus, appliances, gadgets (like super heroes' ones), or even better, MAKE YOUR OWN SUPER HERO or REPRODUCE A KNOWN CHARACTER !!! I'd really want to see one of the last 2 in action it would be cool to create our own super hero or to reproduce famous characters like Mario or Sonic, Batman, etc.

Alsan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 16:16
Congrats, Agent Dink, very deserved victory.

I hope I have time to take part in the next challenge, too.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2008 16:38
I might enter the next compo. We'll see. Good job Agent Dink!

dan958
Years of Service
User Offline
gratz to you, and woooooh, i didnt come last, lol

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 19:00
My votes werent counter

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 18:28
dont worry roxas, you only got two votes, one from Tha_Rami's girl friend and me...

(Teh kitty in teh waterz ftw.)

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 11:03
HEY !!! let's make the next compo about "Create your own LEGO character" !!!!! what do you say ??? I think it would be great and also allow noob users to model

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2008 17:46
Better Idea, and also you get a better score for the more cartoony it looks

Dared1111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 23:16 Edited at: 28th May 2008 23:19
Oops too late.

Where can I get the codes. I know how to build it with codes. GET IT. I HOPE U UNDERSTAND. DUHH
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 08:09 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 08:11
Next competition will start this weekend. No word on whether there will be a prize or not yet. But I hate to keep things just sitting still, so I'll set everything up on Friday with official details.

[edit] Sorry guys, I'm going to have to push back the deadline a little bit. Been very busy with finals, but will have everything full steam the next weekend. In the mean time, keep practicing your skills!

(Formerly Yellow)
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 19:35
good good . even though I didn't enter the last compo I did actually model to about 70% completion. Even if I don't complete a model I learn something every time. Next time I'll complete it honest

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
ozmoz
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice job

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:38:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:38:17