Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / TGC Comp: 16 Character Contest [8/24 - 9/27]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 14:50
Quote: "I do not like to see me surrounded in this type of discussions, but also I underwent an attack of deadhead, that I consider unjust and hurried, I hope that the forum does not follow in this line and all we help ourselves to progress in the development of modeled 3D..."

Deathead did not mean to say your model was plagiarized neo. He was pointing out it looked similar to the Khajiit, but from what I gather he wasn't accusing you, but then right afterwards was pointing out Dark Donkey had been using the model, so I can see where you might have gotten confused.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/109.jpg <-My favorite
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay look. It is not the model from turbosquid.

The image mentiond in a previouse post, and my orc are in fact the same model. I used it as a base model, wich i created. It no were says in the started post i cant use a base model, wich i created. It says this in neither this post or the final entry post.

I will never admit that i used that model from turbosquid. I never use turbosquid becouse its so slow. It my own model. That i created!. When i get time i will convert my model to triangels.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:01
Quote: "It no were says in the started post i cant use a base model"

Really?

I recall Mike S. saying:
Quote: "Sorry, can't enter anything that has been created in the past."

Methinks you just failed.

If the good lord had intended us to go outside or have a social life, he wouldn't have invented the internet.
www.threeswordsproductions.com
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:06
Dark Donkey, I've studied your Wireframe with the Wireframe from Turbosquid.
I hate to join the band wagon, but so many of the shapes are exactly the same, both models even have the same number of divisions.

Even if it turns out you did make it, you can't enter it anyway, because you would have made it before, which is against the rules.

If you can send me your character in .3ds format or .obj to:
BiggAdd(at)Hotmail.co.uk
I'll compare the two.

If you know you've downloaded the mesh, then just confess, you aren't going to get kicked from the Forums.

dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
The model is mine. i did not download it.

Quote: "I recall Mike S. saying:

Methinks you just failed."

In this post?

When i get time i will upload it again and hipfully it will work.

It dosent matter anymore i cant enter. And how do you know the creator of the model on turbodquid and i used the same concept image. I basicly created it again the image t´with a cube and smoothed it. If the creator of the turbodquid model did that then they would look entremly alike.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:23 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 18:24
Not entirely alike. There would be huge differences in the mesh. The fact the meshes are very alike, leads people to believe they are the same.
The very fact you are taking a while to upload a model, makes me a little suspicious.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:28 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 18:33
bac on trak and heres an update,

i camo'ed it in the sand, yeah sfx!
and neo your right you just cant help but play around with the scene ^_^

i plan on adding another set of legs at the back to make the movement more flowing,(the u shape on the feet is to move forward by a tentacle type thing,, sort of like the razer shell, foot, but with four of them, working in diangonaly opposite directions,

I aloso plan on adding claw's that look like oysters

A blind man once asked me to describe a color, I simlpy replied, you cannot describe a color, only feel it. The blind man became frustrated and angry so i camly said, that was red-Conor Bell
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:34 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 18:35
Quote: "In this post?
"

It's one of the common rules of these compo's. It's been in every single one. So no, you can't enter.

EDIT:

Oh and here's a quote from MikeS from the first page of this compo

So yes, you fail.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:35
That's pretty smart. I like that backdrop

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
ha ha ha.. ok..

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 20:45
Update. Only thr top of the shoes left to add a base texture.
Then I will start with the details.
This pic uses normalmap, thats why its so shiny

BUMP = Bring Up My Post

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The very fact you are taking a while to upload a model, makes me a little suspicious."

I have other things to do and im not on my main pc im on my laptop so i cant upload at the moment. I will have it up on saturday.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 23:10
Now I am done with the base texture. This is how it looks now. And I havent even started to add detail on the map

BUMP = Bring Up My Post

Attachments

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 23:20 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2008 23:38
Quote: ""Sorry, can't enter anything that has been created in the past."
"

Well it would be difficult to enter something that was created in the future. [joke]
Insanity Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 23:47
Quote: "Well it would be difficult to enter something that was created in the future. [joke]"

If you think about it, that's not hard to accomplish assuming that the model is made in the future, before the deadline Granted it won't be the future then, but it is now, thinking about it, so it counts xD

I can't help but say that

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/109.jpg <-My favorite
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 23:56
Ah but then you would have to go back to the future....hmm that sounds familiar ..er I think.
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 01:00
@Dark Donkey: If you can post the reference images you used to model that, and show that they are the same as your model and the turbo squid model, then I might be able to believe you.

Stig Design Stig Magne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 01:17
same here
and the rules is that the modell must be created after comp start and hop fully before comp end

sorry bad english

**StigDesign** cheap 3D Modell Pack`s at www.stigdesign.piczo.com (for Home&Comersial use)soon other aplication`s
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 19:57
Just some finishing touches, then I am done with my entry.

BUMP = Bring Up My Post

Attachments

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 18:56 Edited at: 5th Sep 2008 18:58
yay finished a walk aniamtion for her,
you can downoad here, ill try an upload to youtube aswell

4.2mb dl
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f921e65e037dd2f5d2db6fb9a8902bda

so what do you think?,

although i will make newer cycle which will be better, thanks to a little bit more planning and insite lol, i have attacks ,resting, bored, social, eating and a feew others to do just to get better at animation, considering this is my first go at it i think i done well

A blind man once asked me to describe a color, I simlpy replied, you cannot describe a color, only feel it. The blind man became frustrated and angry so i camly said, that was red-Conor Bell
Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi BIG Viking Games.. just a fast draw and idea.... i like make textures.. )

Attachments

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 07:06
Just let it be. Its blatantly obvious he downloaded it from TurboSquid. Just like all of the other times people were caught, they don't want to admit it. The fact remains that Mike S and the entire TGC board agree that he can't enter as he agreed to making it before the comp. I have a hard time believing he'd get any votes now, even if he was allowed to enter - that includes any future compos for quite some time as well.

DD: Heres the deal: All of the evidence adds up to you being caught plagiarizing. That alone is against the TGC AUP. If you did plagiarize, either apologize like numerous others have, and you'll find people will forgive you relatively quickly, or don't apologize, and stop entering these competitions. If you didn't plagiarize, and the models just happen to be unbelievably similar, big deal, its a competition with no prize on some internet forum against a bunch of people you dont know and will never know, right? So who cares. Move on.

Point is, stop fussing over it, and stop ruining the WIP thread with it. Its been settled. Let the serious competitors continue posting their work.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 11:35 Edited at: 6th Sep 2008 12:19
Quote: "hi BIG Viking Games.. just a fast draw and idea.... i like make textures.. )"

Nice, I will try to make a similiar like that

[Edit] I added some red colour to "him", I will add those cool lines later

BUMP = Bring Up My Post

Attachments

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 13:14
That's looking better already BIG ^^.

Here's a small update on mine:

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
random?

looks great, and damm you neo and your great photoshop skills!

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks lazerus.. (i not use photoshop)

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2008 20:27
My Work in Progress Entry:

Mercury: the Demon

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay here is my model in .3ds

Attachments

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
??? my god, what do you use neo?

must know the secret of amazing textures agggggg

Bonjour!, you cheese eating surrender monkeys!
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 13:23
@Dark Donkey:

Sorry dude, it's the same model. Too bad you denied it to the end. ><

The head has some slight vertex modification, a subdivision I think, and the big toe was smoothed out as well because in the original it's just a cube. Everything else is exactly the same topology but scaled slightly. What really gives it away is the face, I don't think the head is very well made to be honest, and yours looks exactly the same, kinda looks like he's wearing a mask (no prominent nose).

The probability that you just happened to make a model with exactly the same topology as this one, with all the same shapes, is about the same probability as looking at a black hole through a telescope and seeing a little man in a nightcap wandering around looking for the light switch.
*courtesy of Douglas Adams*

dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Uh, well you all might think im mad but im not admiting defeat yet. I know i made it and there not the same. I would like to see a larger image so i know you didnt just clone mine. And im goign to do my own comparison.
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. Well ive compared them. And yes they are the same. I dont understand i rember macking it with a concept image from the blue prints. Anyway i can probably never convince anybody. So then i say goodbye.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 14:27
You gain more respect from us (or at least from me) by telling the truth than just disapearing.
Your choice.

BUMP = Bring Up My Post
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 17:36
Anyone like how my demon guy is turning out? The wings were easy, but that whole torso and back took a while to get right.

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 17:50
The wings are a bit too thick. Take all of the outside edges on one side of the wing, and move them up or down a bit. That'll make the wing thickness go down and allow you to play with the other side's edges a bit to make them differ from the first side's... If that makes sense.

dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 18:04
Man i missed all the good stuff anyway im going to slightly change the dirextion in which i am going, with the help of zbrush... here is the current sculpt, which i wull burn to a normal map for the sub division level that has 4800 polygons

BEHOLD THE DEATH WORM

warning i cant spell

Attachments

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 19:24
Thank you RUCCUS, I'll fix that and post an update. I'm not sure if I want to make the legs or arms now. I'm probably gonna do the legs.

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 19:44
Nice model dragon assasin,that reminds me anyone played with Spore Creature Creator yet LOL.
Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi dragon assasin ..
4800 polys?... you count correct?..

dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 20:43
that image is the highpoly sculpt that i will use to make the normalmap, like what john fletcher does, that model would barely work in 3ds max at the 1.3 million polygons that make up that resolution version. The low res that i will burn it to is 4808 polygons (roughly) i would go one subdivion higher but that one is 19000 so i cant... but now i have to paint it,

warning i cant spell
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 21:15
Really nice, dragon assasin!

BUMP = Bring Up My Post
dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 21:47 Edited at: 7th Sep 2008 22:52
yeah the normal map came out good too though it doesent quite "Pop" like jon flectcher's stuff who deserves a gold star for uberness ness and being so uber as to convince me to bleed the money for zbrush

whats more is zbrush is Crazy fast i only started that model yeserday morning and worked on it all day

EDIT: at xeno below me, im talking about the plain untextured mesh, look at his orc to see what i mean, the ring just comes out of nowhere, though that might be reliant on the camera angle still as i have said before this site has been better for my 3d works than anything else

edit: down to Alucard
Most likely, the normal map starts looking bad after a certain point for me (around 80 intensity in max ) but it never really gets that pop like i see on jon's stuff

warning i cant spell
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 22:20
Mr. Fletcher uses his amazing texture work skill along with the bump map to make things really 'pop' out.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2008 22:31
Quote: "EDIT: at xeno below me, im talking about the plain untextured mesh, look at his orc to see what i mean, the ring just comes out of nowhere, though that might be reliant on the camera angle still as i have said before this site has been better for my 3d works than anything else
"

That's because his normal map's intensity if higher than yours.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 00:49
And in all of his renders he uses uber cool light rendering.

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi. lazerus i see your concept and your 3d model.. they are the same?? i make a fast draw of your concept. is that correct.?

Attachments

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 18:24 Edited at: 8th Sep 2008 23:51
looks good neo but i planned something like is,,
i love my art teacher for making this look freakin awsome

ps, he did this a while ago for me as part of a small project i was working on

-(although i never made it in a modeller, i rekindeled the the idea again and found this old pic from the project sadly this is all i could find -_-

as you can see i dont have the skill to do that justice at the mo,so am goin put it off for a while, while i get better at 3ds max.
i hve actually started work on it though since i was bored, ill make a thread when i make so headway

the pic has been tagged by someone else which i find very offensive so i will tell jhon about that aswell, i think i know who done it on to of that , look at the area left of the red and youll see where his signiture was

i have four sketchs of t the one i uploaded was of the face area, one of my first , the other three are currently in my gcse marking folder till july, i might go commando and take my samauri suit i made back lol

ps neo i was aiming more for a organic approach as the pic suggests, sort of sea organics, shells ,jelly, bio-luminesences that sort of thing

Bonjour!, you cheese eating surrender monkeys!

Attachments

Neodelito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 06:33 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 06:34
Mmm.. now i know your idea... i add somes lines..

Attachments

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2008 22:13
Quote: "This pic uses normalmap, thats why its so shiny."

No offense, but that normal map looks quite wrong? did you use the Photoshop normal map plugin?
there's a problem with the plugin itself, the problem is that it'll create a Shiny map, and not a true normal map.
I know, nVidia has the crappiest of Photoshop plugins...
the reason why it creates a shiny map is because no matter what, it wont generate the alpha map and put it into work, it'll just create a false channel layer named alpha. but it doesnt work...

anyway looking AWSOME guys =) cant wait to see the final result.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 18:16 Edited at: 11th Oct 2008 18:18
Omg! youre models are GREAT!!!!

[/quote] Sorry dude, it's the same model. Too bad you denied it to the end. ><

The head has some slight vertex modification, a subdivision I think, and the big toe was smoothed out as well because in the original it's just a cube. Everything else is exactly the same topology but scaled slightly. What really gives it away is the face, I don't think the head is very well made to be honest, and yours looks exactly the same, kinda looks like he's wearing a mask (no prominent nose).

The probability that you just happened to make a model with exactly the same topology as this one, with all the same shapes, is about the same probability as looking at a black hole through a telescope and seeing a little man in a nightcap wandering around looking for the light switch.
*courtesy of Douglas Adams*[/quote]

that isnt the same model, i can see a lot off differenses

Quik, Quiker than most

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:22:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:22:58