Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / community functions dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 17:43
Well Chunks, I think that is the original sans html.

IanM has done a wonderful job on his. I've been using his array, string, timing and lookup functions.

I'm also using others .dll's like Diggsey's and D3D. If I weren't afraid of spending money right now (being unemployed really bites) I'd purchase EZRotate as it will probably solve some of the problems I'm having. I'm working around them but it would be a cleaner approach and probably faster.

Steele

http://www.lanningsoftware.com
Your source for Games and Entertainment
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 19:41 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 19:54
There is a free version of ezrotate somewhere on the forum , its a bit lighter on commands but it might contain the ones that may help you.

I will have a look see if i can find it .

EDIT : found it !
http://www.gametoolshed.com/EZrotate.html

Attached is the keyword file for ezrotate.

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 20:26
Hi all I have added 2 new commands , iif command which returns either a true or false value depending on the test value which steele requested and Ianms pixel perfect collision .

thanks to you both for your functions .

windows vista ultimate.

Attachments

Steele
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 21:07
Thanks again. Here is another little routine that I keep remaking that others might find useful. It makes a proper case.

x$ = Proper_Case(y$)

ex.: Print Proper_Case("chunks chunks") gives "Chunks Chunks".

http://www.lanningsoftware.com
Your source for Games and Entertainment
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 21:31
Hey Chunks,
I love the NormalMap function in this dll, but i wondered if you could advance it a little more?

eg. add a parameters such as intensity? so the higher the intensity the more bumpy it will look in a bump map?

i dunno if this is possible, but i thought i'd ask

also

any chance of a make heightmap command? cos i cant work out how to do it all, I think (im probably wrong) its just a 4bit image? so it only displays white, black and some inbetween shades?

Yours
N3wton

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 23:10 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 00:45
funny you should say that about heightmaps i was thinking about making a little app where you can convert from a texture to heightmap and also paint one , i will get back to you on the normal map command .

Looks like the community funcs is back in progress again , i will add everything as soon as i get chance .

EDIT: oops i just noticed you mean heightmaps for shaders and not the advanced terrain type , i will research what happens in a heightmap and get back to you .

EDIT2: I have just updated with the fix for the normal map command and i have added proper case function.

chunks

windows vista ultimate.

Attachments

N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 03:24
Thanks allot, the normal map height param is perfect

and i think the heightmap procoble is the same, as for a terrain the dark bits are low and the light bits are high, the same applies for when adding to an object with a shader. I mean at the moment I just use a gray scale image, which works just really badly so its the absense of color that makes it work, which let me to believe it to be a low bit image

Yours
N3wton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:37:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:37:55