Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official FPSC Migration Discussion Thread

Author
User Banned
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 05:50
comn guys give him sum slack, its a hard job

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 13:10
so what new stuff is migration gonna have, im talkin about stuff that even x10 doesnt have

shadow666
McGee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 20:22
I hope they include Airmod in the migration. Recoil and iron sights are just too cool Plus there are some useful scripting additions in there.

"If you were a man I would punch you, I'd punch you right in the mouth"
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 20:34
oh an here are some recomendations for migration to implent, should be almost easy because of airmod

1: the particle smoke, are we gonna be able to adjust it?

2: can you plzzz make a new blood come out of an enemy when you shoot it, it would be awsome if you made it like fear 2 blood, alot of it, an going everywhere (for mature games only of course lol)

3: can you make a script that combines the exploding with alot of gore, so when you kill an enemy he explodes with gore

and most importantly, and probably hardest to create but i need it so badly an i think it would be awsome 4: i need a trigger zone, but not the average trigger zone, instead of walking into it to trigger/create something you havto look at it instead .

exmple: you are walking down a narrow dark hallway, unknowingly you step into a trigger zone that creates the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone behind you, as you move foward you walk into a sound zone, causing a creepy scream, with nothing in front of you, you automatically look behind you,unaware you just triggered the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone, which spawns a scary zombie right in front of you, which you dont realize until you turn foward again and piss your pants lol

this will probably take alot of scripting but with airmod i hope it is possible

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 02:35
you know, actually i only need that last one now, lol it would be really awsome if someone (or the migration people) could make this for me/us
i thought of a way to do this, but i dont know if it is possible
make your charecter continuisly (spelling) automatically shooting an invisible bullet (not affecting your real guns and bullets) and since it goes straight, when the "invisible bullet" collides with "trigger zone" it spawn "what want it too"
i dont know if its possible, if it is , can some one please help me, thank you

shadow666
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have a suggestion for the migration. It's a general objective that I think should be thought of a lot during migration. User customization.

FPS Creator is designed to bed user friendly, and for the most part, it is. However, there are some critical aspects that are missing that, if attended to, will make FPSC an amazing game making product.

First and foremost is how custom media is created. Anyone who wants to make a game will probably want to bring media outside of FPSC into it. At current this, in my opinion, is very difficult. With things like Entity Maker, Firma and FPS Creator Toolkit, it has become easier, but, what FPSC really needs is an inbuilt, powerful system for making custom media. This system should be accesible from FPSC (like the TGC Store) and you should be able to select your model, it's texture and import straight into FPSC, easy-peasy.The important feature would be that this software would be optimized for FPSC, so, it would allow you to select options to give the object/segment a normal map effect, or whatever, instead of importing your media and having to fiddle with the .fpe.

If a system like this were set up, I am sure that creation of media would become so much easier - it would be a quicker, faster, less frustrating proccess. FPS Creator would become a much better tool for game making.

What do you think?
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
i aggreee with patrick tew we need a built in custom model importer

ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree also!
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Great. Perhaps if we give this idea a lot of attention, we could get Lee to take a look, maybe have it implemented!

Fingers crossed.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 05:12
As a new name, I think that it could be somethin' like, 'FPSC Pro', or somethin'. All of the ideas are really good. Glad someone made this thread.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 12:38
Just thought I'd mention that V1.15 has been released onto the website, and that Lee is working on releasing the V1.15 source code. It seems from now on he's going to be giving the migration a bit more attention

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 20:01
Quote: "Just thought I'd mention that V1.15 has been released onto the website, and that Lee is working on releasing the V1.15 source code. It seems from now on he's going to be giving the migration a bit more attention"

YES! YES! THAT YOU GOD YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

This... is... awesome...

Wait, no.

This... is... UNTITED!

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 22:13 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 22:14
Quote: "FPSC Pro"

It's not really 'pro', it's just an indie, easy-to-use game "dev" tool. Just call it FPSC v2 and we're even.

woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 22:58
its not worth the wait....unless i get to be a walrus...or a bear...or some cake

fear my udder of doom!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 01:30 Edited at: 25th Apr 2009 01:33
I know FPSC isn't what you'd call 'Professional' (although it is pretty good), but it just sounded good. Maybe FPSC 2.0 kinda like the Leadwerks Game Engine 2.0.
By the way....
Quote: "exmple: you are walking down a narrow dark hallway, unknowingly you step into a trigger zone that creates the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone behind you, as you move foward you walk into a sound zone, causing a creepy scream, with nothing in front of you, you automatically look behind you,unaware you just triggered the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone, which spawns a scary zombie right in front of you, which you dont realize until you turn foward again and piss your pants lol"

THAT IDEA IS SO COOL FOR HORROR GAMES!!

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 02:24
migration dude, check out the blue somthing mod , its really good i hear, and you should try to strike a deal with the makers to get it into the migration

shadow666
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 08:17
"exmple: you are walking down a narrow dark hallway, unknowingly you step into a trigger zone that creates the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone behind you, as you move foward you walk into a sound zone, causing a creepy scream, with nothing in front of you, you automatically look behind you,unaware you just triggered the "look at- instead of walk into" trigger zone, which spawns a scary zombie right in front of you, which you dont realize until you turn foward again and piss your pants lol"

Actually, using Ply's mod, this is already possible. I think he included an action called 'RtPlrY' or something like that, which caused the player to be forced to look in different directions.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 04:29

ok im sorry , but you dont kno how much you just helped me, thanks so much , does this turn the player, or does he just blink to looking at that direction (thank you thank you thankyou)

shadow666
RoxasXIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 07:39
I think it should have a Microsoft XNA export method, to allow us to play our game on XBOX 360. This should be easier since the xbox controller feature has already been made.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 08:44
john: it will turn the player

Quote: "I think it should have a Microsoft XNA export method, to allow us to play our game on XBOX 360. This should be easier since the xbox controller feature has already been made."

That would be cool, but unless we get permission from microsoft we wouldn't be allowed to distribute the games.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 20:17
thanks and im thinking of maybe striking a deal with microsoft if my games good enough

shadow666
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 20:45
Yeah right then im the USA president and im the richest guy in the whole world.Only three games made in FPS Creator got published and they were really top notch.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 00:42
i mean, if this is good enough, maybe like a deal, they sell controllers 5 bucks more, and it comes with my game, wont be much money but since there is only one developer it could cash in a lil

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 01:45
oh and will migration have ragdoll ?

shadow666
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "oh and will migration have ragdoll ?"

Yes it will, the migration will have most of the x10 features.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 02:24
will the source code be released, and i heard it is intergrated with a few mods, which ones? thanks

shadow666
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 10:19
You know its extremely easy to find this information out yourself.
No Fpsc game will be published by Microsoft. Striking a deal with them is hard enough. Messy business

DarkBASIC Pro. Teh awesumness
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 10:22
sorry my bad ill check, and its worth a shot, i bet demon sons game can get something outta them

shadow666
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 18:41
The V1.15 Source Code is now available.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149698&b=1

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 20:12
Yay. Now we can get updated mods

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 18:42
Woohoo! Next post to keep this thread alive!

I had one of the best ideas ever. You know how some of us want separate game modes in the one exe? I got this idea:

"If there was a flag on any enemy character to variate its intelligence depending on what difficulty flag was set then boom! difficulty options!"

E.g Intelligence Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Difficulty Flag

Pentium 4 2.61ghz 1.5gb DDR 333Mhz RAM NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS AGP 8X
Endangered City. An Endangered Species
Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 03:47
Hey, now thats somthin!!!

-Yours Truly
Butterkiss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 04:54
Hey What about naming it Fps Creator Blue?
Or like somthing

B1
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 08:01
how about get blue into the migration. migration is open source isnt it, (but the price would probably go way up)

shadow666
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 10:53
Seeing as the migration is a free thing I don't think they will put it in at all...

DarkBASIC Pro. Teh awesumness
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 11:22
Rampage,we havent seen your Rampage Mod,maybe you could show it...

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 15:33
Well I'm sure Airslide could implement the mods into the migrations source code. They would still be charging of course but we would have the features in the migration.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:00
blue mod + migration=top notch game creator, nothing could beat that
but we can only hope

shadow666
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:35
Quote: "blue mod + migration=top notch game creator, nothing could beat that"

Every other semi decent game engine could beat that. Definatly not on the price though.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:37
Comparing Cryengine and FPSC with mods? Pfff you are talking like you never seen DX9

A.K.A. chargerbandit
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:19
lol , well guys, if you look at common games like fear and doom, we could easily beat them with migration! sure, it will be hard, and it wont be a halo in graphics, but think of the potential. the possibilities are endless, the only thing holding migration back from making top notch games that are sold everywhere, is the fact that almost every fpsc user uses the same matirial, but if a team got together and created their own matirial (matirial is reffering to models and segmants , etc) they could make an amazing game, especially with all these amazing mods

lol oh and one question in migration, i know the x10 version will have ragdoll, but will the x9 also? (sorry. this is my last ragdoll question )

shadow666
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:12
The Migration is the merging of the 2 engines into 1 final product. We will get all of the features X10 currently has.

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:39
Quote: "We will get all of the features X10 currently has"

well theres some exceptions, like we dun get gui instancing (100+ enemies....) and a couple others, unless your running of the x10 part of the migration of course

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 04:06
exactly , is ragdoll one of the exceptions ? and how many enemies can you have on average in migration, without any lag, (i know its impossible to tell now, but if you were to guess) thanks

shadow666
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 04:19
Quote: "exactly , is ragdoll one of the exceptions ? and how many enemies can you have on average in migration, without any lag, (i know its impossible to tell now, but if you were to guess) thanks"

It really depends on your specs on how many enemies you can have. I think rag doll is one of the exceptions but don't quote me on it. Sorry about the rag doll.

Anything is Possible!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 04:30
thanks rob , and about the ragdoll oh well, will the x10 version have it?

shadow666
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 04:47
Quote: "will the x10 version have it?"

most definitively

my taste in music isn't weird, its just so amazing your ears haven't quite adapted to it yet.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 05:03
yay

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 06:12
just wanna put it out there, top 3 mods - blue mod, efx, and wiz (when it is done) i think, if lee, or whoever is making migration, could make some migration ultra mod, with migration+all those mods, they could probably charge over 150$ , they would be able to make so much money, and we would be able to make such amazing games, unfortunatly this would be hard/near impossible, but if achieved it could mean fpsc users could create the games you see and EB games.

shadow666
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:04
At the moment I don't think WizzMod would ne a necessary addition atm, at leasy until it gets more features. In my opinon, the migration 'cauldron' should look like this:

FPSC X9
FPSC X10
Lemur 2
Blue UM
EFX Mod (Optimised)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:25:50