Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlitzTerrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2011 13:59 Edited at: 16th Jul 2011 14:02
JackDawson,

DBPro supports multiple functions with the same name, as long as the parameters are different (this is not available for user functions though).

If you use the 3rd parameter, it will call the seccond one. If you don't, it will call the first one.

Does it say "Already Building" ? If it does then that means you need to add a 1 at the end of build terrain. Or use a build loop. (The 1 tells it to build without the build loop).

Build loops were the way terrains had to be made a long time ago. I left it in for backwards compatibility but it is no longer recommended.

Everyone,

I'm guessing that a lot of people have been wondering where I've been, where the Blitzwerks website went and the future of Blitzwerks Terrain.

Well, its not what it looks like! Blitzwerks is not shutting down, the webserver just had a hard drive failure and I haven't put it back up. The reason for this is that its only job was to host downloads which TGC forums supports anyway.

My exams are over now and I'm in full time work. I have been working on another project which is why I haven't been able to work much on Blitzwerks Terrain recently. I have worked on Blitzwerks Terrain for over 3 years now as my main project and I would like to begin working on something else.

Blitzwerks Terrain is still fully supported. If someone has a major error I will do my best to fix it asap.

As for the future of Blitzwerks Terrain, I haven't binned my todo list. Update 2.03 is still going ahead, it will take a bit longer than expected though.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there.. and thanks for answering back.

Yes there is already a 1 there. I am using KISTech's source code to his infinate terrain demo that he is able to compile and get to run with your FULL version of your plugin. But he said it should build with your demo as well.

This is his code from the other link.

His EXE demo works, but when I go to compile it, I get that error that I explained to you earlier about. Others have made reference to your demo not working, so i'm trying to get something working with your demo with KISTech's source code. He says it should work with your demo.

Any ideas ?

"If you can sing that high, you must have been kicked in the crotch a little too hard."
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
I forgot to supply his ORIGINAL ZIP file so that you have his media with it as well. Its two image files under the \terrain\ folder that is listed in the source code above.

"If you can sing that high, you must have been kicked in the crotch a little too hard."
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 00:18
GOOD job, Kaedroho! And I'm BACK, folks! Kaedroho, How much did you say this was selling for, and WHERE can I get it?

CHECK OUT SOME MUSIC FROM MY NEW TECHNO CD! TECHNOKINESIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8KedfgVv0
ALSO, CHECK OUT MY NEW TECHNO CD AT Amazon.com!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 02:11
@Mugen Wizardry

www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2286

$40.99 Dollar
€29.99 Euros
£25 Sterling

Clonkex

Never lie -- The government doesn't like the competition.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 16:54
Thanks

Is there ANY way to load a blitz terrain, perfect it, then afterwords, save EVERYTHING into a DBO file which can LATER be saved as a PERFECT 3DS, or X file?

I REALLY need this feature.

Including textures, light, tiles, and the like.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 01:10
Welcome back Mugen!

Yep, that feature is available. Once finished editing, just call BT MakeTerrainObject. This will create an object for the entire terrain. You can then use save object on this object to save the terrain.

If you used the painting features, just do save image on the texture you loaded in to start with.

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 14:31 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 14:33
Hey there. Well I finally bought the BT Full version, and I keep plugging away at KISTech's demo. But it still does not work the way he has written it. So I am confused more then ever. In fact, anything to do with that command in BT fails in my compiles now. I have tried installing DX 7 , 8 and 9 and I have tried different ways to run this. Even his Demo no longer works from scratch. Am I missing something ?

Win7 64Bit

I also have the C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010 ( Both 32 & 64 Bit ) Redistributables.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 19:12
What's the main error you're having again?

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 19:37
Trying to save the HIGHLY detailed terrain as an X or 3DS file (Preferably X file)

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 19:40 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 19:43
You wouldn't happen to have a small example of how to save a terrain with SUPER HIGH quality to an X file, and KEEP the tiling, the texture map, the lighting, and the SUPER HIGH quality intact?

If so, that would be so wonderful!

I am looking forward to buying your plugin next week, @Kaedroho!

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 14:50
Also, @kaedroho, I'm getting a heightmap size is invalid, using a 1024x1024 heightmap. What's wrong with using a 1024x1024 heightmap?

Code:

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT http://imageposeidon.com/ !
JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
KISTech, here is a picture of the Error message.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 19:24 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 19:29
@Jack, post the code for the build terrain section. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is.

[edit]
Here is what the LoadTerrain function should look like in the Endless Terrain demo.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 19:43 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 19:51
I'm getting a black terrain. Why is that? I environment mapped it correctly, scaled it correctly, and the heightmap & envmap images are size 512x512.

I need to fix this in order to complete the LandScape Generator.

the part to look at:

Yes, all the images exist in their proper folders

Thank you guys!

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 20:44 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 20:46
KRISTech, yes I am already using that code. No change.

Here is the whole code I get from your ZIP file. Oh and your EXE demo file you have already compiled no longer works either. And I do not know why. It used too. I am using same OS.

As for libraries I am not sure whats up. But I get the same error on your demo EXE file now as well.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 06:13
Here is an update to the Endless Terrain Demo.

I didn't actually change anything, but it's compiled with the latest U7.7 release candidate, which is why the previous EXE wouldn't run on Windows 7. It was compiled with U7.6 which wouldn't work because of Microsoft's patch in Service Pack 1.

This takes a while to split the maps up, but it works on my machine.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 06:18
Here is an update to the Endless Terrain Demo.

http://www.kistech.com/portals/3/downloads/EndlessTerrain.zip

I didn\'t actually change anything, but it\'s compiled with the latest U7.7 release candidate, which is why the previous EXE wouldn\'t run on Windows 7. It was compiled with U7.6 which wouldn\'t work because of Microsoft\'s patch in Service Pack 1.

This takes a while to split the maps up, but it works on my machine.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey KISTech, thanks for the fast reply. Well the original EXE demo worked on my windows 7. But since I have got rid of the demo copy of DarkBasic Pro, and installed the REAL paid for version, the EXE demo no longer works. The source code has never worked for me. Strange as that is.

Your NEW ZIP file I just downloaded and I tried and I still get same Error. I tried to compile your code and still get the same black screen where it says "Separating Maps.." and then I get that same error.

Its happening somewhere AFTER the text of Separating Maps. I just don't know which command it is that causes the error.

As for 7.7.. Do you have a link to that, because I am only seeing 1.0761 and there is no 7.7 for me. I have looked on this website and that version I have says its the latest version.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 14:38 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 15:13
Ok, I found the link to the Release Candidate on this forum by searching for it.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180294&b=1

But, same error. It just refuses to run. It has ALWAYS compiled the code. But the source code never wants to run because of this error.

EDIT : So you don't think I'm nuts, I took another screen shot. Remember, this is what I have been getting since before I bought ANY of this software. Also too, remember, before I bought the software, your DEMO exe worked at one time. And all of this has been on my Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate Edition Windows. The OS has never changed.

EDIT2: I believe it has to do with this command. I think this is where the error occurs.

BT BuildTerrain Terr(tt).id, Terr(tt).objid, 1

According to the BT Help PDF it has this to say...

"2.2.02 BT BUILDTERRAIN
This command builds a terrain. The ObjectID must not be 0 and must be unused."

I am guessing here.. but is this supposed to be in place of that instead ?

"2.2.04 BT CONTINUEBUILD
This command generates sectors for the terrain currently being built. You can change the
number of sectors it builds each call by using the BT SetBuildStep(2.2.01) command."

Although your saying it compiles on your machine. So I guess it has nothing to do with any of it. Its confusing.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 15:43
Just incase you didn't see my post, Kaedroho, here:

Quote: "You wouldn't happen to have a small example of how to save a terrain with SUPER HIGH quality to an X file, and KEEP the tiling, the texture map, the lighting, and the SUPER HIGH quality intact?

If so, that would be so wonderful!

I am looking forward to buying your plugin next week, @Kaedroho! "

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
@ KISTech Hey bro. I am going to re-install my Windows 7 from scratch and see if your DEMO runs with just the basics. And if it does, I'll get back to you. I'll see if I can nail down what is causing it to not work as I install the updates. If I find it, I'll obviously report it here.

If it doesn't work at all, then there is something I am obviously missing that you have and I don't. ( If that is the case, I did have it at one point because the first time I ran your demo EXE it worked. )

Keep in mind, I have never ever been able to get your source code to work by me compiling it.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 16:37 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 16:39
Jack, let me see ur WHOLE demo. I'll take a look at it.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 17:45 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 17:47
@ Mugen Wizardy hey bro. Its not my demo, if your reading this thread you would notice above that its KISTech's "Endless Terrain" Demo. You can get the ZIP file directly from him in just a few comments above.

He is able to compile it. But I have never been able to compile his source code. His demo worked until I installed a Paid for copy of DarkBasic Pro. Which makes no sense since the EXE Demo he has should not be talking to DarkBasic in any way.

I am thinking it has to be a DLL file issue somewhere. So I am currently backing up my computer and reinstalled a fresh OS. And I'll see if I can narrow down this "bug".

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 18:36
How about getting the latest Blitz Terrains DLL?

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 18:45
its not a dll error.

BT BuildTerrain Terr(tt).id, Terr(tt).objid, 1
It's this line for some reason...

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:06
I think the issue is the line above that.

Terr(tt).objid = Find Free Object()

The command Find Free Object() is part of the matrix1utils, which might be causing a problem if my version is different than your version.

Add this function to the end of the source.

and then change that line to,

Terr(tt).objid = FreeObj()

and see if that fixes it.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I tested your code, and as I suspected it does not work. It still comes up with same Error. I STILL beleive you have a DLL that the rest of us do not have.

And yes, I have the Whole Bananza package. AND I went and baught the FULL version of BT. So I must be missing something else that you obviously have that I do not.

What DirectX do you have installed ?

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:21
Nope

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:28
DirectX - Everything pertaining to version 9.0c.

BlitzTerrain DLLs - Dated March 24th, 2011.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:34
Working on it.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried DX ( 2007 ) and no go. But I do have installed DirectX 11 and I have not tried installing the 9.0c SDK or runtimes. I'll give that a go and see if that makes a difference.

I also have the C++ 2010 DLLs with updates. I have only the 64Bit version of the C++ 2005 DLL and I have no other DLLs installed.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:38
I think I know why. I remembered Kaedroho actually mentioned something about not being able to use Blitz Terrains inside a function.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:39 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 19:43
Well trying to install anything 9.0c was a bust since directX 11 comes with Windows 7 by default. And 9.0c refuses to install. However if your running Windows 7, then you should also be on DirectX 11. So how are you running 9.0c ?

EDIT : I just realized that 9.0c comes with DirectX 11.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:41 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 19:42
@ Mugen Widardry Yea I read that also, but keep in mind, KISTech and I have already been over this and he CAN get it to work he says. He even says it compiles just fine on his end. So its not the BT DLL according to KISTech. We Are trying to find the common denominator here that you and myself are missing that he has.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:44
Here's my code so far:

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Mugen Did that work for you ? Because that crashes for me. I got a different BT DLL crash this time with your code.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:53
Here's as CLOSE as I can get it without crashing:

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:54
Although for some reason, the camera's position is going haywire. I'll leave that to KISTech. I got it this far

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:57 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 20:02
@ Mugen bro, I appriciate you trying to help here, but all your code did was eliminate BT. We are trying to find out what KISTech has that we do not. He says he CAN get it to run. So altering his code will not solve anything. We need to find out what he has that we do not.

EDIT : He has either a Plugin or a DLL library that we are missing.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 19:59 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 20:00
Now, if someone could please tell me why my terrain is completely black, when it should be textured with an environment map, that would be GREAT!

Here's the code:

and uh, no it didnt. i made it so it loads ALL texture data into the function

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:05 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 20:08
Actually you did. you see you are correct that you are loading the textures and such. But your not building the terrain which is why we can see the text with a blue background and no terrain. you bypassed the BT Build terrain command.

As for your project, can you supply the whole project with the pics into a zip file download and i'll test it out ?

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:06
Sure thing man!

And I'll see what I can do about your project. I just saw KISTech reading a topic, so he should reply here soon

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:09
@MW,
From the code above it looks like you didn't texture the terrain yet, and since you are only using this to produce a finished image of a terrain there's no need to use the TerrainEnvironment feature.

After you've built your terrain, use the DBP command TEXTURE OBJECT, objid, imgTex.

@Jack,
Try this, http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:11
Um, the terrain environment is for my update for the Landscape Generator I'm working on bringing to the X64 / Windows 7 and below PCs with a tremendous speed fix I added myself

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
@ KISTech, yes that is the link I tried for the 9.0c and it will not install do to the fact that I already have it installed because it comes with DirectX 11 by default.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:20 Edited at: 15th Aug 2011 20:20
@ KISTech Although, I am curious if the BT Plugin is requiring a DLL we might need that you might have ?

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:28
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit too.

What does it say when you try and install?

If the date of your BT DLLs match mine, I've got all the same stuff you do. (as far as I know..)

I'm looking back over the code now to see if I missed something.

@MW, Oh yeah, the texturing of the terrain is done by a shader in that. So it's possible something you've done has disrupted the settings for the shader.

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:30
@KISTech, I have not messed with the shader. I am uploading the entire demo to filefactory now, then will post it on my LandScape Generator thread, and will post a link here

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 20:37
I'm not saying you messed with the shader. There are variables in the program that impact the shader. A small change to some other part of the program can impact what a shader does, including the lighting.

@Jack,

In the 2 lines that say CREATE BITMAP, change the 2 values in both of 4096 to 256 and see if that helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:35:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:35:51