Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / NINJA SCROLL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 02:09
theres some process called make final that packs all your files into one executable. The problem with that is that i dont know how i can get the game up on my site since the file transfer limit is 5mb and the game is obviously going to be pushing 20's. But with individual files i can divide the game into roughly equal sized files and load them one by one.

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 03:31
what i coded out basically is DB Stds version of file packing - only difference is DBpro will compile like that

I'd suggest making a training village, and try to keep it 3rd person
just get the actions you want to include in the game in this training village after that we'll all be in a better position to help

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 04:25
well... erm..... the demo on my site was basically my concept for the training village, and it does contain all the actions , attacking, using weapons, climbing, swimming etc, the config is kinda xtensive but managelable. If you read the readme then it describes all the buttons. I'm working on the user interface now (using visual basic).

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 04:38
hmm... is it an update from what there was, i still have version1
ah heck i'll just check.

packing final doesn't pack all the files you use, its actually quite odd ... it will package anything within the sub directories, however it will only allow you to use what is in the original directory where it was built (if that makes any sense)
i personally prefer the method i described over that anytime

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 04:41
guess i'll use your method then. the game still on the site is the old one, i'm still working on the new one and i doubt i'll put it up untill i finnish the entire game. So.. from the demo..... what do you think (apart from speed as i have sorted that problem out)?

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 15:38
I've decide to make a 1 player combat option on my game (from the splash screen), thus you either have the choice of playing the missions or going straight into the fighting. Since the missions are large and have low fps (30fps on my computer), i am trying to get the combat part as high as 40fps or even 50fps so at least if the missions don't run smoothly on your computer then the combat part will. There will be 8 people to choose from and 4 stages (all people and stages are featured in the game).

In my next post or two i'll put some shots up and update the pictures on my sight as well as write more about the combat option.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 04:21
Ladies and Gentlemen (though i doubt there are any ladies in here), i have finnished my 2 player (man versus computer) versus mode, the A.I took a while to do but i got through it in the end, found this neat way to easily alter my enemy A.I from easy to difficult, below is the result of playing the game on difficult.

as you can see, my computer opponent is seriously kicking mu ass, maybe i should not have made it soo hard. The demo will be up on my page soon so watch out, i'll keep you informed.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 04:18
moving around the level is very slow, especilaly for a ninja. It feels like i'm underwater and there's no run function.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 04:22
heh, what's the spec of your computer? Thats one of the reasons i am making this versus mode, so that at least the people with lowe spec computers can still enjoy the versus mode of the game

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 23:01
you really gotta stop using Geocities
looks interesting - be good to see it in action

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 23:23
I've finnished the combat engine as well as 2 stages, i think i'll put a small demo on the site soon. and yeah whats so bad about geocities? i haven't really got a choice, i'm a crap html programmer and don't know any other good sites.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 23:27
Lycos... european versions (^_^) very nice'n'free hehee
my site is currently bouncing between my UK account and my Server - stupid bugged T1 lines

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 15:01
The Ninja Scroll: Versus Mode Demo will be coming out soon. Think of the versus mode as an attatchment and not a standalone. There will be 9 characters to choose from (only 2 in the demo) and 4 stages to battle in (1 in the demo). each character has two unique moves as well as primary moves (forward, backwards etc) and evasion techniques (flip right and left). more information can be found on my site:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/hexgear/fw_ninja_scroll_versus.html [/url]

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 04:11
Ok, in this kinda game, do you think it would be better to:

- show the viewer, i.e. an object representing the enemies range of view (like in commandos, tha green triangle that enemies have that shows where they can see) or

- hide it, it makes the game look ugly and weird

which do you prefer?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 05:46
probably best and easiest to make it like MGS... where you can see the FOV from the guards on a small radar kinda thing.
If you make it look a little like the Ninja's head with closed eyes then it'll give off the impression that is isn't really a radar but his ninja stylee skill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:25:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:25:00