Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkPro's - What do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 16:32
OK, I'll model the barn. I'll make the main barn with two floors, windows to board up, haystacks, cranes, traktors, and other farming components.

Then a big door leading outside to the material for boarding up, a second small barn outside and some animals and trees. Of course everything is surrounded by a fence.

How should we make it with the big door? Only open when you have to get material? A special force field protecting us from the invadors?

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
I was actually thinking a house and a barn, but a barn and shed like structure should work. Animals? Maybe not necessary. Unless they do something, I don't know if they add anything except more work. I'd rather the core premise was working before the addition of ancillary special effects or animations. For the door, it can be secured from the inside, but not the outside. So if you make a trip outside, there's a chance of enemies wandering inside - though most likely if they were around, they would track to the player.

I'm not sure about the fence. The enemies have to come from multiple directions, and unless they are hopping the fence, they have to get/walk into the scene and not magically appear.

But, regardless of what I'm typing, go with whatever vision you had.

Enjoy your day.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 01:44
special forcefield? this is a budget game lets just use a plank of wood to bolt the door shut :p
doors need to open inward.

i think latch is right leave tractors and animals (dead for scares and no animation) to auxiliary team members.
i also that the stronghold being the farmhouse makes more sense.

good luck with modelling, im on holiday next week so ill join in when i get back

TGC Forum - converting error messages into sarcasm since 2002.
Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 16:23 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 16:24

Just saw this team. I know I am a noob, so don't worry guys.
A couple things.

Smartguy shouldn't be allowed in, he's already committed with a DarkNOOB Project.

How about a name still along the lines of darkbasic? DarkLEGENDs or DarkELITE, etc.

And I agree, no entry challenge. But you are going to have to be harsh with this team, and that's the difficulty. To decline people is rather hard to do...

Time is money. I just ripped you off.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
The DarkNOOBs team was a great idea. A few intermediate to advanced programmers would help lead those less experienced in coding to finish a project and to learn something along the way. It helps newbies get a handle on programming DarkBASIC and the reward was a completed game of some sort. The interest that held it together was the learning for the new programmers, and actually being able to complete something they could call their own. The leaders were just that, leaders. They had the opportunity to manage a project and be the main source of help/information.

This team's focus, it seems to me, would be on the completion of a project with less emphasis on teaching. Supposedly, the projects that this team embarks on would be a bit more advanced or perhaps more complicated than a DarkNOOBs project so therefore the weeding out of participants might simply be "who can accomplish what?"

No doubt, people would come and go and the project would ultimately be completed by 1 or 2 dedicated coders if it gets completed at all. Therefore, anybody that thinks they are up to the challenge of helping out would be welcome in my opinion. Unfortunately, people do come and go, and being let down after relying on anyone that doesn't finish what they said they would, is a bitter pill to swallow. But is it better if a more advanced coder says they would have a complete physics system ready to go and never get around to it, or a less advanced programmer says they'll have a story line typed out and ready and never get it done? So having a team of all advanced coders or a combination of advanced and less advanced really doesn't make much of a difference if the individuals on the team are committed to getting a game finished.

The current project is really not very solid. It's not really even a project yet as there is absolutely no organization. There seems to be a bit of interest here and there. I've mapped out a whole series of possibilities and processes in my mind of how to put most things together, but that may change once I see the environment that TheComet is working on. At this stage, for myself, I just want to see some basic design or hear some concepts of what might happen in the game. As this is a first project for the team, I would like to keep it as simple as possible in terms of function and goal - but I want it to play well and look good in the end. Pretty lofty goals for a team that doesn't really exist!

Quote: "Smartguy shouldn't be allowed in, he's already committed with a DarkNOOB Project."

Hopefully Smartguy knows his limits and if he cannot manage his time appropriately then he should make the decision to finish one committment before starting another. Otherwise he'll be viewed as unreliable and he'll let someone or all down - so that's on him or anyone else that decides they want to help. This isn't a paid gig so people will come and go; sometimes for legitimate reasons, sometimes for just laziness and anything in between.

So, nothing has happened yet. Nothing is off the ground, this thread is still more of an idea than anything solid.

With all that being said, who has interest in tackling the first project? An FPS staged on a farm where there are 2 structures, a house and a barn/storage area. The goal is to survive and keep out an enemy (that hasn't been decided on) by killing everything that moves and boarding up/baricading the windows. Even if you posted interest before, do it again now so there is an idea of how many people. And if you have a particular skill set or interest in what you might like to do on the project, list it.

Enjoy your day.
No Time To Code
Years of Service
User Offline
You can count me in, I'd put my skill set between noob and intermediate. As I stated earlier, I would be glad to work the more "mundane" code, models, etc. to free up the more advanced programmers to handle the more complex task. I'd just like to get some experience working with a team.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:11
I'm in, I'd put my skill level at advanced, and I am good at making non-animated models, and working on hardcore complex functions (waypoints, lock points, bone animation, multiplayer, physics, particles, etc...). I too wan't to get some experience on working with a team.

TheComet

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 00:13
been thinking and I think at least for the time being ill sit this one out

I love the project, but between school, work, etc I dont even have time for the projects im doing now, adding another one to the list just isnt a good idea right now

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 00:41
I'm in but like I said I'm off for a week on sunday.
I'm pretty good at most things: coding, music, even artwork (although I don't have any software atm). The only aspect I have no experience in is modelling.
but music and coding are my strong points.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 00:51
Instead of DarkPros or DarkLEGENDs or DarkELITEs you should call this group 'the Mods'. It can be by invitation only and would then include only the proven best of the forum. Oh, wait...

Come see the WIP!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 01:21 Edited at: 29th Aug 2009 02:09
Great that all those people are interested!

Both TheComet and Obese have outlined earlier in the thread some ideas of things to include or work towards. And Caleb had a suggestion for the farm. I'll list them first and then talk a little bit about what I think are applicable to the simple FPS, and perhaps what I believe would be the priorities to get things rolling.

TheComet:
* Bone Animation
* Lock Points
* Waypoints
* Light Mapping
* Menu(s)
* Various DLLs
* Flexible Control Methods

Obese87:
Barricade
There needs to be a location to defend from, this location requires:
* Multiple entry points
* Destructible defenses that can be re-built
* Unlockable areas that provide both advantages and disadvantages.
* Special items that need to be activated before use
Enemies
* Several types (eg fast, long range, armoured)
* Preference to unguarded or exposed entrances

* Scenery

Caleb1994:
Quote: "when you go to the barn the get "supplies" you have to literaly carry them back. so you can't fire when you are carrying them(or maybe you carry stuff with one are but you can only fire with a pistol or something) just a thought."

I realize that TheComet's original list was in regards to creating an RPG but I think the list is applicable to most 3D in general.

Bone Animation - While this would be cool to implement in DBC, I see it as a project in and of itself. There are ways to "fake it", but they can be fairly resource heavy. For example, you could rig a mesh in a 3D modeling program with a skeleton, animate it, then step through each of the frames and save each frame as a model in the current pose. You then load in all of the individual poses as separate objects in DBC, convert them to meshes, delete the original objects, then use CHANGE MESH on a single object limb 0, page flipping through the stored meshes. There are variations where you only animate limbs using a similar method (tentacles for example) but the overhead is still pretty costly.

A DLL method could also be implemented. The DLL would need to be able to load in an X file (or any other 3d file type that has skeletal animation), play through the animation internally, then output the poses at each frame to as a DBC compatible mesh in a memblock. Within DBC, the memblock would be converted to a mesh and then CHANGE MESH would be used to page flip/animate through the frames as they wer sent from the DLL.

In both cases, there has to be a conversion step of some sort to a DBC compatible mesh. The first method uses too many resources for a single animation (unless it is small) to be applicable to multiple animated objects. For 10 objects with 40 frames of animation, that would be 400 meshes hanging around in memory. Not to mention figuring out the timing for each object. So, I think Bone Animation would have to be a project in and of itself; to figure out the best methods to implement while being the least taxing on system resources. So, no bone animation for the current project.

Lock Points - The head of a character turns towards an object of interest as the character walks by. A neat effect - not necessary for the FPS.

Waypoints - An excellent idea. Could be very useful for the FPS. A series of paths coming from multiple directions lead to the accessible areas of the house/barn. Enemies randomly choose a path to follow. High Priority

Light Mapping - Overall atmosphere effect. Medium to low priority.

Menu(s) - Interaction with the user - high prioity

DLLs - as needed. It would be great if most things can be accomplished without the need for DLLs.

Flexible Control Methods - low priority - Assume anyone running the program has at least a keyboard. Additional control interfaces (joysticks, pads, etc) could be implemented as a library but as a later addition after the core of the game is complete.

Obese87's suggestions were more about the detail/functioning of the FPS.
Multiple entry points - High Priority. Ties into the actual scene design. So, we need a scene!

Destructible defenses that can be re-built - High priority.

Unlockable areas that provide both advantages and disadvantages Depends on a lot of things in the core design. How do the levels increase in difficulty? How well has the baricade building/tearing down work? How good is the enemy AI? Low priority to come later.

Special items that need to be activated before use Low priority to unnecessary.

Enemy Types (eg fast, long range, armoured) Medium Priority after the core design. Let's see if we can get an enemy to a window before tweaking it's attributes

Preference to unguarded or exposed entrances - Could be limiting. This kind of AI could allow the player to leave one window exposed because the enemy would tend towards it, and just blast them as they come. I think the waypoint system to get to any windows or baricades would be more effective, and once past a baricade or if the player is outside, the enemy tracks to the player. This would also mean that the enemies can be tearing down barricades in areas the player is not even aware.

Scenery Ties in with light mapping and general scene design

Carry Supplies - hinder shooting - It's an interesting idea, but I don't want the game to be impossible where there are too many limits imposed on the character. Not being able to fight is an unnecessary death sentence. The trip to the storage area itself should be enough to heighten the peril. I'd say this could be implmeneted if the AI and the overall play seems to allow it, but I'd consider it low priority to unnecessary.

There's a whole series of things that ultimately need to be done, but I'll list a couple that I consider to be the core:

1. The scene has to be built. We need a 3d environment with at least place holders for the house and the barn with the correct dimensions and positions.
2. A waypoint design system that can create a series of paths to the accessible areas of the house or barn.
3. Multple camera modes - An omni-camera that can be positioned and moved anywhere for viewing/testing the environment, and a player cam that shows the Rats eye (first person) perspective.

The entire project can be approached a couple of different ways as well. We could design a level editor complete with waypoint designer. Or we could just code the game for itself. We could even use a level designer like any of the ones listed in the DBC showcase - but that could mean everyone getting up to speed with the use of those programs.

Those are some thoughts. Any opinions or comments?

Enjoy your day.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 01:46
Nice list, Latch!

I'm still working on the map. Won't show until it is finished.

I think every math command we use should be calculated using a DLL, especially with waypoints, because DBC math commands are 100000 times slower than a DLL.

Bone animation is going to be very hard, since I almost know nothing of the X format. Maybe leave that out for a start, we need to get the basics implemented first.

I'm glad this is taking off. Thank you Latch for helping out with starting this, and thanks to everyone joining.

TheComet

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 02:06 Edited at: 29th Aug 2009 04:28
Quote: "I think every math command we use should be calculated using a DLL, especially with waypoints, because DBC math commands are 100000 times slower than a DLL."

I dunno about every math command. You have to include the time it takes to call a DLL function. Now for things like trig, or multiple calculations or loops of calculations, I can see a DLL being faster. But for adding two numbers together, I can't see it. Even the distance formula isn't enough of a saving to warrant a DLL. Do you have any examples of math calculations in DBC vs a DLL where you have found this to be true?

Also, this is a DBC project. We should try and do as much as we can with DBC commands. If we need to use DLLs that's fine, but I would like to avoid starting with a DLL simply because we can. We should be thinking of ways within DBC code to optimize what we are doing. We should be watching polygon counts, texture sizes, redundant loops within loops, pasting images instead of redrawing them with drawing commands, using offscreen bitmaps for redraws and refreshes whenever possible, but limiting the use of off screen bitmaps until necessary. Avoid function recursion, and function within function calling. Consider that every DLL we use has to be included as an additional file to manage. It may not be a big deal, but it increases the overall size of the ditribution and it just adds more to manage. I'm not against using DLLs, but I think it's more of a second step than a first step. An exception to what I'm saying might be Sparky's Collision DLL. I say that because this is a shooter. And ray casting is perfect for gun fire. I can't think of an equivalent method in DBC off hand that would return the collision object, the point of impact, and the reflection of the colliding ray. Though, as I'm typing this a couple of methods come into mind using MAKE OBJECT COLLISION BOX and perhaps Dark Dragons line of site ideas.

Though I think we should keep the scope of this project small - a single environment (for now) with the goal of staying alive - that doesn't mean that the coding won't put pressure on our brains to come up with the best methods we can.

Enjoy your day.
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 21:32 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 21:35
I would love to be part of this project! Sorry i didn't respond before, our internet went out so i wasn't able to get on for about a week and a half.

I am not sure where i would gauge my skills. I would say i know how to code pretty good it's just when it comes to outputting ideas it never goes well lol

I really like the way this is turning out. i think i have cot up with everything(lots of posts since last visit) if we can get this started it sounds like a really good game!

i would be willing to(TRY and) take on anything you threw at me as long as it is more geared toward coding then to media. not so good with the media aspect.

I know you said we don't want to use them now, but if we ever do decide to need dll's i can help that. i have gotten pretty savvy with c++ lol

New Site! Check it out \/
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 00:14
no offense intended caleb, ubt Im not sure you are ready for this level of codin yet, ur still a little new to coding

but thats not my call, im not the head of this project

Irojo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 02:14
Smart Guy, that seems a little harsh. In many ways, you too aren't high level enough for this.

Caleb is actually very good with 3D, in addition to other grounds.

Don't forget that you don't have to be perfect at everything. I'm sure they'll be happy to have someone who can't make a character jump, but can make perfect GUI, and is excellent at controlling files.

Time is money. I just ripped you off.
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 03:04 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2009 03:15
Hey now i am pretty sure that i have been on this board longer then you and have had db longer then that ha no offense taken.

Irojo:

Thanks, ya i agree. the team doesn't need abunch of people who are perfect. it needs people with different talents. that's what a team is, a group of people with different talents that come together to accomplish what one person with one talent couldn't do.

oh! question. since we are on this topic, did i read there is no "try-out" Project?

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been trying to think about what could be done while TheComet is working on the basic scene. There still is no formal organization to the project. I'd like to hear some opinions on creating a level editor for the project. It's possible to just create the FPS itself without a level editor, but in the long term, would a level editor help to design additional scenarios? Would it be a helpful too to the project or would it just be additional work and a distraction from getting anything done? What does anyone think? The level editor would be specific to this project. What I mean is, the goal wouldn't be to make a level editor that could do everything for any kind of 3d world design. It would include features like:

* loading objects from disk
* placing the objects in the scene
* drawing the waypoints for the enemy
* setting the starting location of the player
* maybe setting available weapons
* managing the scale of objects so everything is relative
* saving the information so that it can be loaded into a
program with a single function call

Again, it may be possible to use an already created level designer like MagicWorld. Take a look at any of these DarkBasic level deisgners and see if any of them may be useful. If the learning curve for the operation of the editor is too great to make it useful, then we can either design a custom one, or use none at all.

Level Makers

Enjoy your day.
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 06:18
I think it might be useful later BUT at this point i think we just need the basics of the engine done. because if you create a level editor and then try and create the engine around the level editor is hard(speaking from experience ) so i think maybe someone could maybe get started on some basics of the level editor but a lot of it like selection of weapons and waypoints are going to depend on how the weapons and waypoints are going to be stored in the game and used in the game. otherwise if we do it wrong the hole level editor is going to have to be changed.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 16:52
I actually already have a Waypoint editor, the plugin is just not complete yet. I'm in for the other editors if no one else is.

I am VERY limited at free time. The barn is going to take a while longer than you all expected, I'm very sorry. But work is more important, so the world wants it...

TheComet

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 17:11 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2009 17:24
Quote: "I think it might be useful later BUT at this point i think we just need the basics of the engine done. because if you create a level editor and then try and create the engine around the level editor is hard(speaking from experience )"

Makes sense. Though the only thing I was thinking of a level editor for would be to add objects to the scene and create the waypoints. Controls, hot spots, collision, any of that type of thing would be in the engine design. So I agree that we should hold off on creating a level editor for now and see how things start to pan out.

There are going to be a lot of time constraints because of school and work for a lot of people. This is also a quarter end month and that means busy,busy,busy for a lot of jobs. It's also moving into the holiday season which means even more time constraints. We'll see how things go.

Ok. I'm gonna try out one of the premade level editors and add a couple of the objects that come with DBC as placeholders just to see how easy it is or isn't to use one of the editors to create the scene and to get something to tinker with. I know a lot of people are kinda waiting around for things to do - but this is still what I would consider the brain storming phase and any ideas that anyone has please feel free to post them. But hopefully nobody's feelings are hurt if their idea is not included in the project.

Other things that are needed or will be needed are models. A good weapons cache would be great. If anyone is willing to model or find public domain free to use weapons (textured), that would be great.

We also need some good looking old boards for the baricades and such if anyone wants to start tinkering. Eventually a formal list of tasks/goals will be created - maybe an actual project document describing the goal and the tasks/subtasks, but for now, let's take a look at what we can get our hands on to see what tools we have at our disposal.

Enjoy your day.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 17:38
Argh........Guys, i'll be watching the thread, but lets just say, that i'll only have access through the library and my psp. Comp Died 2 nights ago, its in need of my repair.......*sigh*....Luck much, And i'll support anyway i can.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 18:42
Wow, Any chance I could join the team?

I'm kicking myself that I missed this thread, but I've not been online here much in the last few weeks (Dark Dragon has my sympathy, I know what it's like when your computer fails )

Anyway, Rzerx mentioned you ought to show off your skills with a program you wrote - Lightning Limbs and Lightning Lights are my calling cards

About the level editor:
Quote: "It would include features like:

* loading objects from disk
* placing the objects in the scene
* drawing the waypoints for the enemy
* setting the starting location of the player
* maybe setting available weapons
* managing the scale of objects so everything is relative
* saving the information so that it can be loaded into a
program with a single function call
"

It sounds to me like you're after something similar to the FPSC Map Editor. Without any CSG commands, it might be a little awkward when it came to punching in Windows or Doors through a 'segment', but I think it could be done in DBC.

What if the segments were built out of cuboid limbs? When two segments were put next to each other, any walls/limbs in the way could be hidden and the illusion would be a single wall. care would have to be taken in aligning the objects or cracks might appear in the wall, and doorways and windows would have to be "custom" segments, but I think those would be the only potential problems.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Hope they're of some use!

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 19:10 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2009 19:28
Quote: "Wow, Any chance I could join the team?"

Of course you are welcome to join! Right now, everything is in a feeling out state. Just gathering a bit of info, seeing what's what and general ideas of how to proceed in making a simple FPS.

Quote: "It sounds to me like you're after something similar to the FPSC Map Editor. Without any CSG commands, it might be a little awkward when it came to punching in Windows or Doors through a 'segment', but I think it could be done in DBC.

What if the segments were built out of cuboid limbs? When two segments were put next to each other, any walls/limbs in the way could be hidden and the illusion would be a single wall. care would have to be taken in aligning the objects or cracks might appear in the wall, and doorways and windows would have to be "custom" segments, but I think those would be the only potential problems."

Those are interesting ideas but maybe for use as a complete level editor project.

I think anything as elaborate as that would be a bit of overkill for this project. I envision the models being made in a 3d modeling program as complete objects. The only facilitation the level editor would provide is the placement, scaling, and saving of the scene and drawing of waypoints in a manner that could be loaded back into DBC with a single function call.

I've been trying those other level editors from the TGC Show Case section and to me, the interfaces are just too complicated to get anything done.

A level editor isn't even necessary. But, a scene is still needed and TheComet has voiced he may not have a lot of time to work on things.

Enjoy your day.
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 18:23
Quote: "I've been trying those other level editors from the TGC Show Case section and to me, the interfaces are just too complicated to get anything done."

I know, I remember when I was a newbie tring to get my head round level design. I think I came down on Blitzbasic's Maplet for indoor level building and MagicWorld (DBC showcase) for outdoor work. It worked rather well, although I always struggled on scale.

The main limitation with Maplet is the seemingly small draw area, I think I just made my 3d levels far too big! Texturing isn't wow, but I had a BlitzBasic program called Decorator (can't find a link, but I've got the installer) which seemed to take care of that.

Not sure if those might be easier to use. I'm not quite sure yet what kind of scene you want - indoor, outdoor, or both. If we're going with the farm idea, I'd say maybe use Maplet for the building interiors, maybe MagicWorld for the exterior and try blending themt ogether in something like Lightning Lights (or is this just getting to complex? )

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and try blending themt ogether in something like Lightning Lights "

A shameless advertisement for your product!

Actually I was trying out lightning lights earlier. The version I have is when you were still testing it and it's labeled lightning limbs 1.2 grid demo. It's dated 27/04/2008 . Is that version up to date?

Enjoy your day.
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 13:41
Quote: "A shameless advertisement for your product!"

I know...

I think my website might have a slightly more recent version, but I really can't remember. The grid demo was just something I was trying out to help improve object placement, I don't think I'd have changed any other features though.

LL is something else I'm hoping to rewrite (maybe transform it into Lightning Levels,as you suggested a a year or so back), but I want to get some other stuff in DBC done first - after tinkering with DarkWindows in DBPro, I want to try adding data types to DBC using a pre-parser. Not sure how much luck I'll have, but it might be an interesting idea.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 01:12
How is the map coming along? That seems to be what is holding us back. Couldn't we just start working on a basic engine to walk around on a matrix. if we are going to use a matrix as the ground, but i have heard they are slow. we also could just make a large plane for the ground. either way create the basic player controls and stuff that way when we get the map we can just plug it in and there we go!

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 02:38 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 06:00
[ModEdit]

Latch, *sighs* is it too late for me to... Could I...

WINNER list:
Brick Break, Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 06:02
Its a good job I put you on post moderation Brick Break, it seems you can't be trusted. This is twice I've had to edit out your hate messages.

I've extended your slap by a month! Now I guess you can hate me too!

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 06:19
@BiggAdd- I wasn't even on post moderation when I initially got out of that ridiculous ban! What gives? Was it Jeku's idea?

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 07:05 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 07:14
No it wasn't Jeku's idea. It was my idea. After you returned from your ban, your little comment
"Quick comment: Thraxas>Jeku. 1337 5p34x FTW."
in this thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=2&t=157422
Just showed me you couldn't be trusted. And considering you posted more of the same crap when you were on post moderation (and even now), just confirms my theory.

This is not 4chan, nor is it yourewinner.com

If you can't post anything constructive or you have nothing pleasant to say, just don't post at all.

Don't forget:

3.15 Being a customer of The Game Creators gives no right to being allowed access to our forum.

If you continue on your silly mission to post crap and spread messages of hate about users/mods. You will be banned, and don't think for a second using a proxy will fool us... "Sergey"

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 07:20
And this is coming from the guy who is working on a site called atomic waffle? Look, if I post in Geek Culture, you know it's all a joke. If I post here in the actual DarkBASIC section, you can expect complete seriousness and courtesy. My comments on Jeku are just out of spite and anger, like you might expect from someone who was banned for a whole month over nothing. I could have spent my summer developing games with DarkBASIC, but instead I spent it listening to the new Michael Jackson CD and cramming my face with pop tarts. I just want my life back!

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 07:24 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 07:33
Quote: "My comments on Jeku are just out of spite and anger"

We don't want to hear your opinions on members thanks!

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.

3.12 We do not tolerate 'trolling', the process of posting inflamatory messages for the sake of starting an argument, or being plain obnoxious. thanks!

Quote: "And this is coming from the guy who is working on a site called atomic waffle?"

Your point being?

For the record..... Jeku wasn't the one who banned you. And you weren't banned over nothing.
Seriously if you keep this up, you will spend a lot longer "listening to the new Michael Jackson CD and cramming my face with pop tarts". The only person you can blame for your actions on this forum is yourself.

We are only here to moderate people who can't abide by the rules. Simple as.

Quote: "Look, if I post in Geek Culture, you know it's all a joke"

This is the point. Geek Culture isn't there for you to post whatever you please. This entire forum has rules which you have to follow. We can't treat you any differently simply because you want to goof around. Go somewhere else for that.

BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
As much as I would enjoy pulling this back on topic, I have to ask:

@Brick Break:
Quote: "I could have spent my summer developing games with DarkBASIC, but instead I spent it listening to the new Michael Jackson CD and cramming my face with pop tarts. I just want my life back!"

Why would a forum ban prevent you from programming? You aren't that bad so you don't need people to hold your hand, you could very easily have just practiced what you know.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 08:22
Quote: "Your point being?"

Well, hello mr. 4chan.

Quote: "Jeku wasn't the one who banned you."

Quote: "Go somewhere else for that."

That's what Geek Culture is for!

Quote: "As much as I would enjoy pulling this back on topic"

That was mean.

Quote: "you don't need people to hold your hand"

That's the thing- I'm very unstable. I just can't go on without words of encouragement, or at least some reward- something to keep me going! I have dumped so much of my life into programming, and even more into stupid forums like this, just to see my hopes and dreams fade away.

I could go on a long monologue about my life and how I have only failed because I stopped trying etc. etc. I'm caught between anger and regret, and some other miscellaneous feelings. There's really not much else I can say, except tread lightly on rotten boards.

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 11:37
To who was Brick Break's last hate post directed?

Please, Brick Break, if you have something to contribute to this team, do so with a good attitude, but you sort of hijacked my thread with your hate messages, causing a huge disruption. Keep your problems to yourself and discuss it privatly with a moderator per e-mail. Thank you

TheComet

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 14:25
Quote: "To who was Brick Break's last hate post directed?"

One of the mods.

Sorry for hijacking your thread TheComet!

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 00:39
So is this debate over? Can the mods leave now? If you want I can make a flame thread over in Geek Culture, but I'd rather pretend everything is going perfectly in my life. (BTW I did read over some of Jeku's posts and decided he's really a nice guy, it's just that I have something against the look of his avatar... It just makes me so mad when I look at it!)

@TheComet- I didn't know this was your thread, but if it is then you're the one I should ask about joining the team. Wait- this is a team request thread, isn't it! Who's leading this thing? I would nominate Latch, personally, but it is your thread I suppose. Is there any particular project you guys are working on? I would love to help however I can. Can I help? Is there anything you need done?

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:26 Edited at: 9th Sep 2009 05:29
There hasn't been a lot of brain storming going on by participants - could be a factor of availabble time, could be because the idea as is, is fine and we'll see how it goes, could be because people are worried I will trash their ideas (I hope not!), could be people are waiting for the next step. Whatever the case, I guess the brain storming phase is over and we'll just go with the farm/defend FPS as has been listed, and let it evolve as need be.

I actually sat down recently and started writing a design document. I approached it two different ways.
1. An outline with each step/phase listed out and details to follow
2. As a project table, with specific tasks assigned on a time table

In both cases, I found myself drifting off to unconsciousness after typing a few words. I found the process that incredibly boring. Every time I sat down and started to hash out a few ideas, the next thing I knew I was eating a sandwich and watching the idiot box. However, it would be a very good idea to get a formal plan done.

No Time to Code, you voiced a willingness to do the mundane. How do you feel about taking a stab at a design document? This type of thing grows as the game develops. Initially, we need a general organization and lists of:

1. What is the project? It's name, it's genre, it's setting, it's general description
2. Who's on the team? What are their roles? These will get defined and change as the project develops.
3. What do we need? Editors, graphics, sounds, music etc.
4. How will code/media be exchanged? Where do we store stuff? How do we maintain it?
5. What kind of time line are we looking at?
6. What's reasonably in scope? What's out of scope? What's on the back burner for later implementation? - By scope I mean, what is the bare minimum it will take to get things up and running?

That's the generics. The howto, what to do, and division of labor comes next.

But for now, take a stab at this, if you will.

For general submission of code, we need a specific organization. Submitted code should be in the form of procedures (subroutines) and/or functions that can be run independently and easily implemented as modules or libraries.

Though a pain in the butt to maintain but very useful, we should have a document that lists the variables, the image numbers, the object numbers, the memblocks, bitmaps, etc., that are used and their purpose so that coders aren't typing over each other's toes, and we can track down resources much easier. This can later or sooner possibly be included as an appendix in the design document. This can also inlcude the model list, image list, texture lists, etc.

Remarks/Comments:
Comment everything! Though a few standards need to be set. To make a comment of multiple lines, more than 2 as a general rule, always use REMSTART and REMEND and indent the actual comments:

For single line comments, use the REM statement:

Do not use the inverse quote ( ` )for remarks. Only use it to comment out lines of code. This way we can tell what is problem or experimental code versus information about code.

Procedures/Functions/Variables:
Start all procedure/subroutine labels with an underscore _ . That way they are easily identified anywhere in the code. If a function name is made up of multiple words, add an underscore between the words. Try and avoid using the underscore in variable names. That will help differentiate arrays from functions.

Try and avoid using long variable names. The longer the variable name, the more likely a misspelling can occur and be almost impossible to find as a bug in thousands of lines of code.

DarkBASIC Classic is a case insensitive language. That means it treats lowercase and uppercase as the same:
BIG=10 is the same as big=10
FOR a=1 TO 20 is the same as for A=1 to 20

It can get very confusing if there are varying cases in the code; especially for keywords. I personally can't stand typing in uppercase unless I have to. It's just an extra key to press or not to press. Consistancy here would make the code neater, but people have habits - so I'm not sure if it should be a mandate or not to use caps and/or no caps.

Code Format:
All code should use block indentation format. That means when you start a code block with
IF
ELSE
FOR
SELECT
CASE
WHILE
REPEAT
DO
OPEN FILE
FUNCTION

the next line that follows, if part of the code block, should be indented. Indentation/tab size should be 3 spaces.

Avoid multiple commands on one line. It can make debugging a nightmare and it looks sloppy. A few short commands make sense, but a string of commands on 1 line makes no sense:

There's no reason for the above nonsense. And there is something wrong with the line. Can you find it quickly? Now image it's lodged between 100 other similar lines.

@Caleb1994
Quote: "Couldn't we just start working on a basic engine to walk around on a matrix. if we are going to use a matrix as the ground, but i have heard they are slow. we also could just make a large plane for the ground. either way create the basic player controls and stuff that way when we get the map we can just plug it in and there we go!"

Sure. Why not? Though it's not the matrix's speed I worry about. It's the texturing. A matrix loses 1 pixel in between tiles and for any kind of repeating texture, except perhaps a solid color, you can always see the seams of the tiles. For functionality and eas of use, a matrix is great. For the look of the environment, I have never been impressed with a matrix. But that's not to say don't use it as a testing environment to try out different engine methods. Go ahead and build a movement engine. As I perceive the project I would say keep this in mind:
1. There will be an actual animated player character that will walk around and raise, lower, shoot, and reload it's weapon.
2. You'll need to be able to put the camera at the player's eye level and be able to see and aim the gun as well as move both player and camera around.
3. You'll need a testing mode and/or a 3rd person mode where the camera can be anywhere and independent of the character so that we can objserve the player's interaction with environment (to make sure they aren't walking through a wall or something and are at the correct height in the environment and their animation is playing correctly.

I have been designing a house and I based the interior height on 8 feet (2.44 m) or 8 3d units. However, this will be scaled up about 10 times so it will be 80 3d units high. Therefore, eye level for the character should be about 54 to 57 units. But the scaling may change depending on how things look. Anyway, with those preliminary figures in mind, you can set up the camera view and the movement speed. You can use primatives as place holders for the real character.

@Robert The Robot
TheComet is working long hours and may not finish designing the environment, or his waypoint system. I have in mind a waypoint system that shouldn't be too difficult to implment.

Based on the X and Z dimensions of a 3d environment, a 2d X Y bitmap, scaled to any size, perhaps 256 x 256 , is created on which one can use the mouse to draw a line from a start point to an end point. The line's x and y values are stored in an array along with it's path value. The distance between recorded points can adjusted to be ultra fine and precise, or with large gaps to be general - this can be applied to how the line is drawn.

The goal would be to draw multiple paths that can lead to various entry points of the house. There are maybe 10 entry points, There could be say 5 to 10 different waypoint paths that lead to an individual entry point making possibly 100 paths. Each enemy would be randomly assigned a path.

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at this? I can help if you get stuck.

@Obese87
We need a path finding system to track the enemy to the player when the enemy and the player are inside of the house and then when the player is outside of the house. The enemies will use a waypoint system to find the windows to try and get in. luke810, Nanogamez Guy and Alien all have dabbled in this for DBC. Alien's is super fast, but only implemented in 2d. Perhaps you could loook into any of these methods and see if you can adapt them so the can be used in our project. We would need the enemy to figure out the fastest route to get to the player while avoiding obstacles. Also the enemy needs to go up stairs if the player is up stairs. Care to tackle this? Here are the links to those path finding systems:

Alien 001

Nano A*

Luke810 A*

And I've read on the forum that there are DBC A* path finding systems in the code base, but I haven't looked there yet.

@All
I don't know if we should post code/media here or not. What does anyone think?

Enjoy your day.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:29 Edited at: 9th Sep 2009 05:33
@Brick Break
Quote: "I could have spent my summer developing games with DarkBASIC, but instead I spent it listening to the new Michael Jackson CD and cramming my face with pop tarts. I just want my life back!"

mmmmm pop tarts

[edit]

@Latch
Sure thing, I'll have to do a bit of reading up on that first though as it's something I haven't done before.

That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:34
wow, we have a new record latch rant, very nice, heres ur mug of accomplishment:

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 05:45
RuneScape uses A* just for player control. Doesn't that suck? No freedom!
/off topic

Anyways, a dynamic pathfinding system that isn't locked to a collision grid or waypoints would be ideal. It could be done using raycasting to plot a route around obstacles to the player, and use a simple waypointesque function (which I'm making by the way) to actually get there.

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 06:51
OK, here's my function. Didn't have a chance to test it because I'm all worked up right now, what with my stupid family etc etc.

Please tell me if it works. Put it in some blanket code if you can. Again, sorry I couldn't test it. I'm on the team now right? Let's go with that.

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 08:01
Great list, Latch! I really appreciate your efforts, since I don't think I am a leading type of guy...

The farm is half done, no textures yet, I just have a landscape, a fence around everything, the barn roughly modelled and a few hay-stacks lying around...

As usual, time is against me, so it is still going to take some time...

TheComet

No Time To Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Latch, thanks for taking the lead on this!

I will start working on a design document today. I have some ideas for the scene/mood of the game. I'm going on vacation next week but I'll put something together and post it before I go. When I get back I can add to it and make changes based on the team's comments and suggestions.

Quote: "We need a path finding system to track the enemy to the player when the enemy and the player are inside of the house and then when the player is outside of the house. "

I did an A* algorithm demo that I was going to post if we needed to submit samples of our code. It's designed for a 3d world but it only pathfinds along the X and Z axis. If anyone wants to see it I can post the code. I would just have to make a few changes to let it work without external media.
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 18:52
@Latch
Quote: "Though it's not the matrix's speed I worry about. It's the texturing. A matrix loses 1 pixel in between tiles and for any kind of repeating texture, except perhaps a solid color, you can always see the seams of the tiles."

Really? I've never seen that before, I'll have to go looking...

Quote: "And I've read on the forum that there are DBC A* path finding systems in the code base, but I haven't looked there yet."

I don't think there are any, actually, although I haven't sifted through the DBPro sections yet.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to tackle the waypoint system, and I've got a couple of ideas of my own. Instead of storing every pixel of the bitmap that's on the waypoint line, can't we just store the start and end points coordinates, and then calculate the line that fits those points?

Also, I was thinking - maybe instead of a bitmap, the waypoints could be drawn over a 3d matrix to tie in with Caleb1994's stuff. I'd just need to know how big a matrix to make (or leave that to the user to decide when the waypoints get defined).

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 19:40
So, I'm not actually contributing to the project? What about my code snippet? Is that what Latch meant by waypoints? I have some great ideas involving waypoints and raycasting to find the shortest route to a target. Should I work on that?

WINNER list:
Thanks for the help!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
@Robert The Robot
Quote: "@Latch

Quote: "Though it's not the matrix's speed I worry about. It's the texturing. A matrix loses 1 pixel in between tiles and for any kind of repeating texture, except perhaps a solid color, you can always see the seams of the tiles."
Really? I've never seen that before, I'll have to go looking..."

The following example creates a texture with a white stripe to the left of a blue stripe on one side of the texture, and a red stripe with a white stripe to it's right, on the right side of the texture. I've blown up the image in the program so you can see it clearly. When you are done looking at it, press ENTER.

Once the texture is applied to the matrix, you will notice the white stripes disappear on the edges of the tiles. If it was texturing without eliminating a pixel, then the white stripe should be two units wide in between the tiles, but it doesn't get painted at all. Steer with the mouse, move around with the arrow keys.

Quote: "Anyway, I'm more than willing to tackle the waypoint system, and I've got a couple of ideas of my own. Instead of storing every pixel of the bitmap that's on the waypoint line, can't we just store the start and end points coordinates, and then calculate the line that fits those points?"

Of course use your own ideas if it makes more sense. What I envisioned in the system I mentioned was that the spacing between the drawn dots would be adjustable, either by the speed of the mouse movement or by a set distance. If the speed of the mouse was used, then very fine increments in the way points could be set for tricky to navigate areas, and for huge spans (like a straight away on a race track) faster mouse movement allows a greater distance between the way points.

As far as just storing a start and end point, if I understand what you are saying correctly, then the entites would only move in a straight line from start to finish. But if you are saying a waypoint is being set every time the mouse moves say 5 units so there is a uniform distribution of points, then that ties back to an option in the waypoint system I was trying to communicate.

Quote: "Also, I was thinking - maybe instead of a bitmap, the waypoints could be drawn over a 3d matrix to tie in with Caleb1994's stuff. I'd just need to know how big a matrix to make (or leave that to the user to decide when the waypoints get defined)."

Three things:
1. I don't think we should use matrices in the final game
2. I think the way point system should be based on a world coordinate grid, and not a fixed object/matrix grid. For example, if the total dimensions of the scene was 1000 x 1000 units in the X Z direction, any scaling to a way point system would be based on that size. So if a bitmap method was used, a 250 x 250 sized bitmap would be a 4 unit separation of possible waypoints.
3. Drawing with a mouse in 2d is simple to implement. The only thing needed is a scale drawing surface of the 3d X and Z . And simply by changing the scale, you could create waypoints for any 3d environment.

But again, use whatever method you think is best. This is a team effort and though of course I'm in LOVE with my own ideas, it doesn't mean they are the best way to approach a problem! Ultimately the waypoint paths should be stored in an array(s) as lookup tables for fast implementation.

@No Time to Code
Quote: "I will start working on a design document today"

Great!

@Obese87
Quote: "I did an A* algorithm demo that I was going to post if we needed to submit samples of our code. It's designed for a 3d world but it only pathfinds along the X and Z axis. If anyone wants to see it I can post the code. I would just have to make a few changes to let it work without external media. "

As there is a team member that has already coded this type of thing, perhaps you two should exchange ideas.

@TheComet
Quote: "The farm is half done, no textures yet, I just have a landscape, a fence around everything, the barn roughly modelled and a few hay-stacks lying around..."

Excellent. I will, however, continue to model an environment as well - hopefully just so we can have something to look at as soon as possible. Any chance we could get a model of the landscape, or at least it's dimensions relative to the structures so we can start thinking about sizing the world/characters/ speeds of movement, etc.?

@Brick Break
Quote: "What about my code snippet?"

Your code is a distance check, and no doubt, something similar will be implemented for any number of functions in game. As it stands, and considering the state of the project at this point, it can't be readily applied to anything as there isn't anything to apply it to.

Quote: "I have some great ideas involving waypoints and raycasting to find the shortest route to a target."

Sit down with pencil and paper and work out your ideas. Keep these things in mind:
1. The shortest distance isn't necessarily the best route. If an enemy is downstairs directly below the player then the shortest route is through the floor. However, the enemy should manuever to a stairway and try to move through accessible channels to get to the player.
2. There are basically two kinds of waypoints:
a. Dynamic
b. Static
2a. Dynamic - the path is created on the fly based on the changing position between two points. This tends to be more processor intensive and if handled poorly or applied to too many entities at once, can slow things down.
2b. Static - the path is created ahead of time and stored in a table (array). This is fast and only subject to the lookup time of the next point in the path.

Once you have your ideas together, converse with Obese87 and see about hashing out the ideas into code. Also reference the path finding links I listed a few posts above to see if there is useful information to glean.

Enjoy your day.
No Time To Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:00 Edited at: 10th Sep 2009 00:32
I put the following together today (at the expense of my real job)

DESIGN DOCUMENT

Project: DarkPros first project
Working title: Eight Hours Till Dawn
Genre: 3rd person action/shooter/horror

Team Members: Latch
Caleb1994
Robert The Robot
Obese87
TheComet
Brick Break
No Time to Code

Game Setting: Date: October 31, 2009
Time: 2300 hours

Opening scene:
"So much for making the conference on time now" grumbled Frank and he trudged down the dark country road, gas can in hand. He had hoped to make it to the next town, about 20 miles away before refueling but his luck ran out about half a mile back. Now, as he walked through the chilly October night, his only thoughts were to find some gas or a phone to call for help. "Luckily it's a full moon so I can at least see where the heck I'm going", he thought. Eventually he saw a wooden fence, partially overgrown with bushes on his right. "There must be something nearby" he thought as he walked along the fence. Sure enough, as he came to a break in the fence he spotted an old farm house about 500 yards on the right. He would have thought it was deserted except for a light in the upstairs window. "Looks like there's somebody home" he thought as he approached the house. As he walked across the gravel courtyard he stepped over a pitchfork laying on the ground. As he mounted the rickety wooded stairs he heard a dog bark in the distance. His
knocks on the heavy wooden door reverberated across the courtyard. "Please let somebody be home" he thought as he continued to bang on the door. Off to his left he heard a rustling in the bushes. "Hello?", he called, "My car ran out of gas and I need to use your phone.". There was no answer but the rustling noise increased in intensity. "I just need some help", Frank called, getting a little nervous. Just then out of the bushes walked a figure. Silhouetted against the moonlight Frank could tell it was a person but something didn't look right. As the figure shuffled toward him, the light caught it's face. The figured appeared to be human but it's face was twisted in a horrible grimace and what appeared to be blood covered it's mouth. It's eyes seemed to look through Frank as it opened it mouth, let out a guttural scream and began to advance toward him. As Frank started to run back the way he had came, he noticed another figure running toward him from that direction. Panicked, Frank looked around and spotted a shed off to the right. As he took off running toward the shed, he could hear the creatures feet on the gravel as they pursued him. He ran into the shed and slammed the door behind him as the creatures screams echoed into the night.

I know the running out of gas thing is a little corny, but then again, I'm not a writer . This scenario does lend itself to a couple of objectives for the player:
1. Find gas and get back to the car and/or
2. Survive the night against the zombie onslaught

This could be presented as text before the game or, if we get really ambitious, we could animate this scene and show it as the game intro.

Some ideas for Tools/Media Required:
Music: Moody atmospheric
Sounds: Ambient - crickets, dog bark, boards creaking, owl hooting
Action specific - Footsteps (on grass, gravel, wood), zombie noises, boards breaking, glass breaking, gunshots, bludgeon sounds (axe, shovel,hammer, etc hitting zombies), screams, grunts (pain and exertion), fire crackling

Models:
Player with Animations
Zombies with Animations (2-3 different types, sizes, etc)
Shed
Farmhouse
Weapons - Ax, pitchfork, shovel, wooden board, gun, flame weapon(?)
Environment objects - Trees, bushes, Tractor, wooden boards, flashlight, lantern

Code: AI/Pathfinding system
Level editor
Combat engine
HUD/Player Inventory/Damage to shed/player health
Menus
Particle effects (smoke, fire, etc)
Player movement/attack engine
Camera movement engine
Lighting
Collision
Change Levels - More zombies, harder to kill, different objectives, different scene, etc.

Data storage: I don't know what resources are available on this forum for storage. I know we can upload code but I don't know the best way to maintain a centrally accessible 'database' of code and documents. Does anyone have a website where we could host this information?

Document variables, object numbers, etc
Quote: "Though a pain in the butt to maintain but very useful, we should have a document that lists the variables, the image numbers, the object numbers, the memblocks, bitmaps, etc"
I agree with Latch that this is essential. I use it in my programs because it gets confusing so I can imagine what it would be like with multiple coders without this document. We could assign a range of numbers for different object/image types up front and then keep a list of what number goes with each object image as they are created. Example:

Scope: Minimum would be to create a system for placing/saving/loading objects, models (player, zombie and shed), zombie AI, player attack, ability to repair damage to shed, HUD, exterior of farmhouse
Backburner - Interior of Farmhouse so player can enter with additional challenges TBD

Timeline: Hard to say it this point but I guess it good to set one as a goal. As a start I'll put it out to those already working on something if they have an ETA.
OBese87 - Pathfinding
RTR - Waypoints
TheComet - Farm/barn models
No Time To Code - I could probably have a good library of sounds/music after vacation (2 weeks)
I would say the object models are not as time sensitive as the basic engine since we can probably use placeholders for the real models for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:10:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:10:06