Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Horror Mod - - First Ever Custom 3D Particle System, Particle Guns, Gore Headshots, New Blood and more...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 02:50
yes. Sorry, i was just surprised.

Knxrb. Talk on IM.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 02:54
Quote: "Please do this away from the forum"

Yeah that's what I meant, I hope you don't think I wanted it out here. I just thought that it was a given that they would take it outside the forum.

Back on topic: let us know when the mod's back on or if its gone!
(just made a rhyme for anyone who cares)

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:08
anyway... FPSC VERSION 1.15? meh...
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:17
Well I kept on playing with the test exe and blew up a guys head to overly large proportions(see picture). I found out that if you shoot the enlarged head you do not get a headshot unless you shoot the area where the original sized head was. Example: If I shot the guy in the helmet he would take normal damage, and if I shot him in the middle of his neck he would take the headshot. Also when the shells are discharged from the gun they all fly off in weird directions and some go slo-mo and float off.

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:34
why dont people use character shaders? seriously, coz made amazing shaders and people let their fpsc characters look like crap still. im just saying, whenever i see anything with characters it looks so bland, we have these awsome shaders lets use them in our pix and vids, cause right now im using a mac so i cant test any of this stuff yet, and it would be really helpful to get a good idea of what it will really look like with the shaders in example pics plus why dont you guys have you characters using shaders anyways?

(sorry if this sounds mean lol i just read it over and it sounded a little mean, i couldnt put my finger on why, but just know this is sent in a happy and curious mood )
also xrmd told me in an email (and i dont see why it would be a secret, so i think its alright to say) that if cranox mod is open script, he might try to possibly add it into this, and then we will be able to use bloom! just think of how much cooler our screenshots and vids would look with bloom and shaders

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:43 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 03:47
ya i agree, and if you succed in incorparating cranox mod in this , it will be completly awseom! cant wait for vids!
if you succeed in the blood tip this will be amazing!!

idea- make this mod open source, and every modifacation pays you a % of their makings.

idea- join with some other mod makers to make this mod even better

idea- more mutant options/ bloody limbs, bubbling limbs, twitching limbs, spazzing limbs, sqiurmy limbs, crawling (no legs)

idea- flickering flashlight

idea- new scripts based off where you are looking (possible with airmod)

idea- new horror enemy scripts

idea- wizzkid since you were making ragdoll for wizzmod, can you still make it for this mod?

idea- ply mod intergration

idea- ability to change view size, to change it like in halo where you seem big, or in condemned where its more realistic and you seem smaller.

idea- movement walk, so your screen bobs up and down when you walk.

idea- water puddles

idea- fog zones

idea- fuzzy tv hud zones

idea- flickering screen hud zones

idea - slo mo zones

idea - new horror decals

idea - new horror models

idea - new horror sounds

idea- player blood

idea - player screen shake when damaged

more to come

shadow666
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:48 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 03:55
Maybe some peoples computers cant handle them. The one I am testing on is old as sin, doesnt even support SM2.

Mutations dont work for me either, although no prob with headshots.

Might want to fix the screen stretching.

I cant seem to reload with R, but this may be that remove hardcoded keys thing Apple talked about in Apple Juice mod thread.

Enemies sometimes appear to have no texture, will take video to show what I mean. This may be due to me updating shaders to be compatible with BlueUM

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, I cant wait to see how this progresses.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 03:53
One more thing, if you have more than one of the same enemy in a level, only one can use the headshot, the others just die normally.

assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 10:41
nice mod, but without Ironsights something very important is missing, if they had been added, i would by the mod immediately.

the other sentence is right.
the other sentence is false.
-i am not a psycho!
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried and enemeies just stand still with you scipt

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 14:50
idea- wait a few months for the official release, theres still alot of potential for horror mod that just needs time

ps: sent you an email and im really confused about something

shadow666
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "idea- wait a few months for the official release, theres still alot of potential for horror mod that just needs time "

One big lol. If you could explain that, please go ahead.

--- Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 15:23 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 15:40
Quote: "This Mod Must run on Apple Juice Mod. That is why the keys dont work."

Incorrect, this mod does not run on Apple Juice Mod and never will run on Apple Juice Mod.

Quote: "One more thing, if you have more than one of the same enemy in a level, only one can use the headshot, the others just die normally."

Fixed.

Quote: "nice mod, but without Ironsights something very important is missing, if they had been added, i would by the mod immediately."

I'm going to try adding it in again.

Quote: "#1 Up/Down/Left/Right arrows dont work??"

Fixed.

Quote: "Sorry for the second post is there a way to adjust the frame rates i find my gun say "uzi" goes threw the clip way to fast."

Not currently but I may be able to add a command so you can adjust it.

Quote: "-Low resolution on testmode"

What do you mean? Do you mean the screen resolution?

Quote: "-Fov is at a wierd setting"

You can change it using the 'camfov=X' command.

Quote: "-Flashlight reacts realisticlly yet the transition from lighting areas to unlighted areas is buggy especially at 0 ambience setting. (Altough the flashlight is way better than when i beta tested it for xrmod)"

I'll try and work on it a bit more.

Quote: "-when reloading if left mouse button is clicked the reload anim will re-play"

Fixed.

Quote: "-Bloodsplurts cause massive fps drops"

Unfortunately it does but it's better than my other particle blood fps (dropped to 10-15 fps for around 50 seconds). I'll add some commands so you can customize the blood therefore making the fps drop less.

Quote: "-Most enemies arent mutating for me"

It will only work with characters that have the correct limbs, some MP22 character won't work like the lobotomoy(has no arms) and the dogman.
From testing most of the normal FPSC characters work.

Quote: "I tried and enemeies just stand still with your scipt."

Make sure you are setting the scripts to the appear script and not the main. There will be more in the video tutorials later.

@john schwarcz:
I'll take your ideas on-board.

knxrb

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks matie! It helps

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 18:10
Good to see there fixed yet I dont think I'll be purchasing this one just yet, so it would be nice to see a second test/demo release.

[img][/img]

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 18:14
I have just finished recording the video tutorials and they will be ready for downlaod as well as a second testing exe with the bugs fixed in about an hour.

knxrb

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:08 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 19:14
Ok, I've been working non-stop today and the files are ready:

2nd Test EXE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?womy0wm4ny4
Comes with more pre-written scripts and some example terrain files.
Terrain files and scripts are all the same as in the video tutorials.
All bugs should now be fixed and the FPS has been capped to 60 to stop the double jumping and slow fall speed bug.

Video Tutorials:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lmmmn42qzjn

knxrb

Jewish dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:39
Hey man your mod is perfect. It's not too fast guys. It's great cause now we can enjoy just walking. But anyway, Hey Knxrb I sent ya an email, about purchasing your mod. Just to let ya know I only, found 1 bug. It was a gunshot sound, every time I passed by this one part it'd do just one gun fire. But even so I love this mod, it's great. Love having 10 enemies firing at once. Well hope to get an email from you soon. Have a great day my friend.

Koolio
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:49
Just did a test of this mod, Working alot smoother, And frame rates stayed at 64. Only droped a little when i fired my weapon.

Keep it up will be buying shortly.

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 19:53 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 19:57
2 things

i noticed the circle shadows for the characters and i think it would be scarier lol if they had the body shadows.

and also the vids were really useful except the speed was a little jittery so i could really see how the blood worked.

also how fast is it gonna be cause in my game im gonna be putting alot of enemies and entities in one level

shadow666
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 20:46
I really like this mod and it's nice that the bugs are being fixed. I've ran into another bug though.

I'm not sure if it's because of Vista, but in test game when I press TAB for game debug screen, the game freezes. When I put the debug screen away, I can hear footsteps when I'm walking but the screen is still the same.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 20:53 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 20:53
Quote: "i noticed the circle shadows for the characters and i think it would be scarier lol if they had the body shadows. "

Me too but the circle shadows are the default FPSC shadows

Quote: "and also the vids were really useful except the speed was a little jittery so i could really see how the blood worked. "

Glad you like them, it would be better if I had a better screen recorder though

Quote: "also how fast is it gonna be cause in my game im gonna be putting alot of enemies and entities in one level"

Well on my pc I can have around 10-15 characters, always active and get maximum(66) fps.
Why not download the test exe and give it a go?

Quote: "I'm not sure if it's because of Vista, but in test game when I press TAB for game debug screen, the game freezes. When I put the debug screen away, I can hear footsteps when I'm walking but the screen is still the same."

I don't really know what that could be It may be vista, no-one has reported that problem before.

knxrb

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 20:58 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 21:12
I've got vista, I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
EDIT: Tested and yeah the same thing happens when I press TAB.

dark peanut

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:20
Alright I tried out the Test version, here's what I found.

Everything appears to work great, I'm running XP and I've got a steady 64 fps.
For those interested, first I threw 6 Dogman characters into a small room, still had a steady 61-64 fps (awesome!). Then, I threw 12 Axe Brutes into a room, at the point where virtually all of them were trying to attack me, the fps dropped to about 44 for just a little while, which still is great anyways though.

I tried hitting tab to bring up the debug screen, that appears to work perfectly fine for me. Might just be vista.

Small thing I noticed was the resolution seems to be stretched in-game now, sorry if this has been brought up already, just didn't know if that was a problem on my end or not.

Also, a bigger issue. Everytime I run a test game now, it freezes FPS Creator. I can get around that to test everything by hitting control-alt-delete, and hitting enter on FPSC in the Task Manager; it's just somewhat of a nuisance.

Amazing mod though, I'll still surely be purchasing this soon.

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:35 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 21:38
Ok, the screen resolution has been fixed now.

The game freezing may be because it's a test exe. I've added code that stops build games etc.. and that may be interfering with it somewhere.
I'll take a look.

Thanks for testing, glad you get a good fps with lots of characters

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:42
circle shadows- so do you think you might be able to make normal character shadows in an update?

i would downlaod the test but my mac hasnt been finished upgrading so ive been using a mac

ps: this mod is awsome! lol

shadow666
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:56
Quote: "Ok, the screen resolution has been fixed now."

Wicked, sounds great man.

And yeah I'm not overly overly worried about the freezing thing, takes 2 seconds to get around it anyways, so I'll just wait and check out the full version for that one.

Oh and I almost forgot, the mutations - I can't find one enemy that mutates. Not entirely sure what is generally supposed to happen, but no characters appear to change with that script. I tried MP4, MP21 and MP22 characters, none seem to work.

-Cheers

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 21:58
Can you try the default FPSC characters?
For characters that don't have all required limbs it is best to make a custom script for each character you want to use mutation with.

I may make some at a later date for the MP22 characters.

knxrb

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 22:06
Going to try the new EXE now

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 22:18
Hm, well I tried using a default character, and still no progress. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong though, is it as simple as applying the script to a character's Start field and then testing?
If not that I apologize, I tried reading the Help File however when I open it, I just get, well, here's a snippet

Definitely could very well be a problem with my PC

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 22:19
Uh Braden are you sure you have Adobe Reader?

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 22:22
Exactly what I was going to say
knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 22:30
Ohhh man, LOL

Recently had to format my harddrive, I guess I haven't quite remembered to reinstall everything.

Thanks guys

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:04
Everything is great now, but the characters still won't random mutate for me. But that's not a big deal. I would just like the screen resolution to be better (but you already said you fixed that) and iron sights. Then it would be amazing.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:08
Yes I've fixed the screen res, it was my attempt at making it have widescreen support but it's obviously failed

I will try and add AirMod tomorrow.

knxrb

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Random mutate wont work yet, and the blood is black. Apart from that evereything works great. 50 enemies in one room, np!

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:17
Quote: "50 enemies in one room, np!"

Woah, that's better than my tests

Quote: "Random mutate wont work yet"

Only for standard characters in my tests.

Quote: "the blood is black"

That's the ambience lighting, try turning on your flashlight and then shoot a character's head. The flashlight will light up the blood red.

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:22 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 23:29
can we get some vids on the blood cause i still cant test it on a mac and the other vid was a lil choppy, lol.

idea- make the blood reflective/ have a shader

shadow666
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:26 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 23:27
Well I have a couple more bug reports:
-Blood splatters show up black (no matter what ambiance)
-If you press "0" to holster, repeatedly tapping it will make the animation keep on playing.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:38 Edited at: 30th Jul 2009 23:38
Quote: "-Blood splatters show up black (no matter what ambiance)"

I'll give you the same answer as above:
That's the ambience lighting, try turning on your flashlight and then shoot a character's head. The flashlight will light up the blood red.

Quote: "-If you press "0" to holster, repeatedly tapping it will make the animation keep on playing."

That's a new bug. I'll look into it, although why are you repeatedly tapping the '0' key?

Quote: "can we get some vids on the blood cause i still cant test it on a mac and the other vid was a lil choppy, lol."

That's my screen recorder, I'll make another video of the blood in a game using Fraps.

knxrb

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:39
I have one suggestion: Since this mod has a flashlight, why not make a battery for it? It pretty much kills the mood if you can keep your flashlight on whenever you like.

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:42
It can be done easily through scripting, I deliberately left it out as some users may not want a battery for the flashlight.

You can make a simple battery script using the flashlight=X command.
When you want the battery to run out just enter this command: 'flashlight=0'.
This will turn the flashlight off and will stop the user turning it on again using the 'F' key until the 'flashlight=1' command is used.

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2009 23:56
could you put shaders on the blood? like make it all shiny and goey and could you edit it so they arnt circles but instead like actual goo

also are you going to be making flashlight scripts? (like flicker, battery, etc)

idea- premade horror shader thatl make enemies look dark, fleshy, bloody, and scary

shadow666
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Expect a buy soon, even 100 SS'ers in one roo mwasnt a problem Except from them acting a bit silly

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 00:03 Edited at: 31st Jul 2009 00:03
@john schwarcz: I won't be meddling with shaders as I don't know how shaders work etc..
I'm currently looking at dynamic soft shadows and it looks like I'll be adding those in for now.

@rakker126: Great

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 00:08
what are soft shadows?

shadow666
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 00:12
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
One question though: how can i make them mutating. Even the standard soldiers wont listen

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 00:16
Hmm, it should work for all standard FPSC characters.
I'll make sure that nothing in the source code is stopping it

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 00:18
can you make it possible for us to add shaders manually to the blood just like adding it to entities ?

shadow666

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:07:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:07:56