Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Horror Mod - - First Ever Custom 3D Particle System, Particle Guns, Gore Headshots, New Blood and more...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 22:55
I found a rather annoying bug, in test game, I can bring up the window to alter the settings (blood and FOV and what not), pressing M. However, if I alter anything, hit N to save and return to my map, it's totally messed up. I can't move, jump, crouch or anything. What's goin' on there?

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 22:58
Hmm, strange. I'll look into it.

knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:06
Alright, thanks man. Did you take the original Horror Mod pro off of MediaFire? I was going to download the older version again and use that for a little while longer, do you think you could re-upload it? If not, or if it's too much of a hassle it's ok.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:15
I take all old versions off MediaFire
A user on the forums has given me 1GB of hosting for me to use for Horror Mod so I'll start uploading there and I'll keep the old copies

knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:55
Thanks, sounds good man. Let me know when I can go and download the older copy again, would be appreciated

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 04:50
hey could you put in a cloth system too?! that would be amazing to be able to have cloth! i think airmod se might or was going to have it, by the way, which version of airmod are you trying to put in, i recomend SE

oh and theres a cloth and particle plugin somewhere in the game creators forums

shadow666
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "think airmod se might or was going to have it, by the way, which version of airmod are you trying to put in, i recomend SE "

No airmod SE was not going to have it (as far as i know) and he can't put in airmod SE without the source.

Quote: "oh and theres a cloth and particle plugin somewhere in the game creators forums"

He has dark physics it does all of that.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 05:13
oh ya the airmod guy may be releasing the source he said on one of the threads
and what does dark physics do exactly?

shadow666
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and what does dark physics do exactly?"

Its a physics system, allows cloth blowing pieces off things etc..

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 05:42
so why do no fpsc mods have cloths?...

shadow666
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so why do no fpsc mods have cloths?.."

Because its extremely hard physics is a lot of calculations and what not.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 06:39
ahhh i misunderstood i thought dark phyisics had premade ones

shadow666
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 12:44 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 12:48
Hmmm... AirMod and 1.15... Im gonna have a look at the two sourcecodes and have a go at intergrating them both into eachother

WWW.ARENAS4146.WEBS.COM
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 15:10 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 15:17
I've already added cloth to Horror Mod. I'm now just finishing the final touches for maling your own.
I'll might upload a video later if I can find it

Also if I can successfully add DarkPhysics then all objects with physics will work with the cloth, so throwing an object at the cloth will make it move etc..

Quote: "Hmmm... AirMod and 1.15... Im gonna have a look at the two sourcecodes and have a go at intergrating them both into eachother "

If you succeed I might buy it off you if I can.

knxrb

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 15:41
Yummy! Cloth

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 20:07
thats amazing!!! can we color it too? (bloody cloth yay!) lol

and it gives me an idea! ... could you make swinging lights! that like swing when you shoot them, and could be connecting to directional lights making the light swing to!!!! man that would be amazing ... but hard as hell lol , fear 2 is the only game i know that has that, but then again.. not even fear 2 has cloth

shadow666
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 20:08
Quote: "can we color it too? (bloody cloth yay!) lol"

It's textured, so just make a bloody cloth image and give the cloth that texture.

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 20:59
sweet! cant wait!!

Quote: "could you make swinging lights! that like swing when you shoot them, and could be connecting to directional lights making the light swing to!!!! man that would be amazing "

is tthis possible in fpsc?

shadow666
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 21:03
Not sure but you can blow out lights when there hit or shot.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 21:04
It is perfectly possible and I may add directional lights.

knxrb

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 21:54
Cloth sounds great, and directional lighting would be amazing. Just curious though if v1.3 has been tampered with? I just noticed as well, what's been bugging me is that the resolution has been messed with again. When I play a map (test or build game), the resolution is stretched again. Not as much this time, but definitely noticeable.
Is the download for the older version up anywhere yet?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 21:56
The camera fov is the default 75.0 so it shouldn't be stretched and I can't upload the older version yet.

knxrb

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 21:57
Quote: "you can blow out lights when there hit or shot."

how?!

Quote: "It is perfectly possible and I may add directional lights."

does this mean we will be able to do
Quote: "could you make swinging lights! that like swing when you shoot them, and could be CONNECTED to directional lights making the light swing to "
?!

shadow666
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 23:59
I have moved to use Project Blue but if (when) you get weapon physics (AKA iron sights and recoil), I will move back to this, particles and directional lights and all. Very nice!

Revelation leading to my psychosis and inspiration.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 00:21
BOO project blue sucks! lol jk project blue is a respectable culmination of mods, but i have more fiath in horror mods, (if it succsesfully adds airmod then it has iron sights and reciol, i think)

shadow666
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 00:53
Here, I had a shot I took from a map of mine a while ago. This is when I had FPS Creator completely un-modded. I took another shot of the same room, with Horror Mod v1.3, and while the differences are small, there is a clear sense of stretching in the FOV. I tried to show this with a comparison, you can take a look...

Maybe I'm just being anal, but it's been bugging me that it's visually there, and that I can't even change it by pressing M and altering the FOV pitch (because it locks the player up). Thought you should know.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 01:18
it looks like lod sorta to me, and stretches in the outside and thins in the middle

shadow666
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 03:04
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing John, because the bridge looks thinner in the Horror Mod shot.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 06:26
i think it looks cool, in fact i would recomend making it more severe, so that when your standing next to things they look really big and close, either way it looks really cool! what segmants were those?

hail horror mod!

lol ps: sent you an email knxrb

shadow666
lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 06:58
Quote: "it looks like lod sorta to me, and stretches in the outside and thins in the middle"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that DoF(Depth of Field)and not LoD?

AFAIK, LOD is when the model is 'toned down' in quality the farther away you are.

I'm scared of bugs. I mean that in more ways than one.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 07:13
oh yea your right

shadow666
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 08:00 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2009 08:07
Either way, it would be nice if the depth of field was similar to default FPSC, in Horror Mod. It always used to be until v1.3. I personally believe however you should just leave FoV and DoF alone in Horror Mod, and if people do wish to, such as John, alter it, then they may do so on their own preferences in-game.

- Cheers

@ John - No, Horror Mod does not support iron sights, the only actual integration from airmod was FOV and camshake. And, the segment was in MorphTactic's superb Hive Pack in the GC Store.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 08:19
ohhh custimizable dof and fov! lol that would be awsome
and i meant horror mod is trying to add airmod,

shadow666
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 16:01
Hey Braden, I've attached a script for you to hopefully fix the FOV problem. Set it to a dynamic object or light and it should make the FOV the same as default when the level starts.

I'm currently working on a fix for the problem

knxrb

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 21:47
Wow thanks a million man! It works great, actually it leaves just a smidge of it there, but now it's like it has this balance between looking right, with a neat little effect. Anyways, thanks again man

- Cheers

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 22:03 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2009 22:07
Glad it worked

Also here's another offer with GameStarter:

knxrb

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 01:49
Ughhh nows where i wish i had some cash to spend

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you explain how the screenblock function works? I've found the commands in the help file, but although I tried, I simply can't get any of these to work.

Can't find anything via Forum Search

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 21:57 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2009 21:58
Hey knxrb had an idea for the mod. Using your headshot system could you potentially alter it to affect the limbs of the entities. Such as being able to blow off arms,legs etc? If you can get it to work than you should some how find a way to up the feature to the next level and have the limbs actually get blown off and be visable on the floor as a dynamic or static entity.

Btw if the limb thing is to hard to do or you dont care to do it, than I still believe you should some how have the head of the entity visible after being blown off. It would really help out with having the headshot be all the more believable. Plus i believe this limb feature could really improve your sales and obtain many more buyers like myself.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:02
I'm currently looking into the feature for blowing limbs off etc..
I can make the limbs come off, the hard bit at the moment is making seperate objects of the limbs that can be around the level.

knxrb

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:03
If the head popped off and had no visible damage to it... wouldn't that be more of a Neck Shot?

The one and only,

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:04
Lol, yeah I suppose it would be

knxrb

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:06
Ahaha yeah ply i guess your right even tho it would still look better than having the head vanish. Than again it could have disintegrated with a laser beam

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:08
If only CSG wasn't so CPU intensive, then you chop out parts of the head based upon the "impact" the shot had on the head. If it was strong enough, the head would just be gone entirely.

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 23:52
The only issue would be if you shot the thigh/upper arm, and got a rayman effect when the forearms are floating around...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 01:16
Btw not sure if you have already done this, but I think its best if you fully intergrate airmod .6 into it.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 15:45
Quote: "The only issue would be if you shot the thigh/upper arm, and got a rayman effect when the forearms are floating around...
"

Lol, no that wouldn't be a problem. I would make it remove the hand and lower arm as well etc..

Quote: "Btw not sure if you have already done this, but I think its best if you fully intergrate airmod .6 into it."

As I've said before, if someone gets the AirMod source in v1.15 then I might purchase it off them to integrate but I am no longer trying to integrate it myself. There are just too many problems trying to get it into the v1.15 source.

knxrb

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 15:52
My apologizes i didn't think it was that hard since ply and hockeykid managed to do it.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 15:55
Quote: "My apologizes i didn't think it was that hard since ply and hockeykid managed to do it."

No problem, I'm going to see if I can buy it already in the v1.15 source.

knxrb

Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 19:12
knxrb.

could you plese check your email??
i have send you a mail.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:48:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:48:14