Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Pokemon Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 22:25
It honestly looks like a bunch of shaders at the moment. Not sure what to make of it.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It honestly looks like a bunch of shaders at the moment. Not sure what to make of it."

The level is only using diffuse lighting, DOF, LightShafts, and a Glow Effect. You can say a bunch of shaders too.
Garion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 11:30
I agree with Xenocythe, I can't see anything being done besides taking evolved's shaders and copy pasting them into the game. If you'd have made the shaders by yourself that would be more convincing but this... nothing yet to show, really...
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 16:20 Edited at: 9th Sep 2009 22:05
Quote: "I agree with Xenocythe, I can't see anything being done besides taking evolved's shaders and copy pasting them into the game. If you'd have made the shaders by yourself that would be more convincing but this... nothing yet to show, really..."
I could drop in my own shaders, but then you will lose the dynamic shadows. ( Only reason I chose to use his deferred shading ????? )

Quote: "If you'd have made the shaders by yourself that would be more convincing but this... nothing yet to show, really..."

So basically your saying if you use any plugins for dbpro or dbpro itself and make something excellent your supposed to say "I'm not impressed because you didn't make it."?
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:37
That's not what he's saying at all. It's just about what's ready for a W.I.P. post, and what is not ready. From what I can tell, you have a couple model's loaded, and a few shaders applied. That's not nearly enough for a W.I.P. post. I see that you've made some functions for trainers/pokemon/etc., but even that isn't much work. It still seems like an idea to me.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:43 Edited at: 10th Sep 2009 00:47
Quote: "That's not what he's saying at all. It's just about what's ready for a W.I.P. post, and what is not ready. From what I can tell, you have a couple model's loaded, and a few shaders applied. That's not nearly enough for a W.I.P. post. I see that you've made some functions for trainers/pokemon/etc., but even that isn't much work. It still seems like an idea to me."

Do you want me to upload the engine so you can review it and tell if it is okay?

Quote: "I can't see anything being done besides taking evolved's shaders and copy pasting them into the game. If you'd have made the shaders by yourself that would be more convincing"
This sure sounded like it to me.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 04:21
Quote: "Do you want me to upload the engine so you can review it and tell if it is okay? "

A demo showing full functionality of the engine would be fantastic, yeah. Then you could prove to everyone how much work was really put into it.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 20:05 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 01:40
Quote: "A demo showing full functionality of the engine would be fantastic, yeah. Then you could prove to everyone how much work was really put into it. "
Okay then, I will prepare a demo allowing you to use all of the following commands:

Pokemon Commands
Pokemon Creation Commands
Level Commands
System Commands
Player Commands

Edit: Okay all I got to do is add fix the bars and add more features to the GUI then make a level setup program.

Edit2: Almost finshed the level setup program

Edit: Have a screenshot of it in action. Check it out!
Now all I got to do is to get it working with the engine and then fix up the GUI, and a demo will be up in no time.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 03:41 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 04:11
Okay finally finished my Pokemon Level Setup Tool will be available to download in a few minutes . (Just got to add formats)

If wondering what this tool is supposed to do, it makes adding your own level to your games easy. All you do is run the tool, create your export file, then load your level, load and apply textures to your level, then save your level, and finally using my pokemon engine, use the command PR_AddLevel(ObjectN,ImageN,File$,File2$) to get into your games already shaded and if you have dark physics, collision already setup.

Edit= Here ya go.
Almost forgot to tell that I used a map made from evolved's mapscape, so I know it should be 100% Compatible with maps made with that program and 3D World Studio, but should still work with others.

Attachments

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 17:02
Just a question, is the depth of field able to be modified like with a slider or something? Because from the looks of that image, it's pretty dense.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just a question, is the depth of field able to be modified like with a slider or something? Because from the looks of that image, it's pretty dense."

Since I'm using evolved's deferred shading, I'm not sure how to do it.
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 14:02
Post the shader in a code tag and we'll tell you.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 16:32 Edited at: 13th Sep 2009 16:42
Quote: "Post the shader in a code tag and we'll tell you."

Nevermind, I think I figured it out.
But, getting ready to upload the source code to my engine.
Then I would get this demo finished (Going to cut the demo into parts, first demo is going to showcase the pokemon data handling and commands including the GUI).

Edit: Source Code is attached (May be messy right now).

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 01:48
Looks pretty clean.

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 23:14
Just so as you know, even if you give this away for free, it's still copyright violation. You probably don't need to worry but it's not good to go along with the idea that you're safe because it's free.

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude you possibly can't make this game because if the guys from nintendo discover your making this game your going to get sued. Try making a game that's more orginial than pokemon when it comes to battle monsters like of what yugioh did or any other childesh game that comes to mind.
-Just my 2 cents

Im a making a game soon..
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 15:22
Quote: "Dude you possibly can't make this game because if the guys from nintendo discover your making this game your going to get sued. Try making a game that's more orginial than pokemon when it comes to battle monsters like of what yugioh did or any other childesh game that comes to mind.
-Just my 2 cents"

If he doesn't intend to sell it, the most he can expect is a "Cease and desist request", which if he follows, everything would be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 22:48 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 23:00
Also, what is Nintendo going to get from him if they sue him? It's a free game, actually an engine, and it takes time and effort and cost to hunt someone down and kill, erm... , I mean SUE them... It's going to cost them much more than what they are going to get from him. So don't worry...

I have seen about a million re-makes out there, why would Nintendo pick the ol' master13 among those other games?

@Master 13

I have absolutely no time, and I apologize for not being able to complete your requests. My power supply failed yesterday, and I have to write my messages at work. My computer is so old, that the power supplies needed are almost impossible to get. I guess it's time for a new computer...

If it helps, I could send you the charizard model, but it is un-textured and un-animated, basically where it was at the last screeny, maybe with a few tiny improvements. Don't feel downhearted, I'm sure you'll find someone else that can animate it. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience...

TheComet

TheComet

TheComet

EDIT : Now why on earth did TGC decide to post my name 3 times?

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 23:45 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 23:54
I'm not going to be on my computer for awhile too, because my monitor blew out and because I'm going to be in school. But, when I have time I will continue on the demo.

@ NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Thanks for the feedback!

@ Insert Name Here & @ TheZachadoodle & @ Grandma
Thanks for the copyright information!

@ TheComet
It's okay . You could just send it to me and I will find someone to animate and texture it. Thanks for your help too!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
I will be able to get back to working on this after christmas.(When I get my new monitor)
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2009 04:39 Edited at: 29th Sep 2009 05:00
So, do you want a Blastoise model to match that Charizard? I'd be happy to make one. I expect I'd be done in a week and a half or so since working on something for too long at a time kills me inside. So do you want animations? If so, I've heard that Blender doesn't do well when exporting animations into DBPro.

Great progress on the project by the way.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be great if you could create some pokemon for me!
Thanks!
Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
i would be up for making some as well. what have you already made? im kinda bored at the moment any way.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)
YavinB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 18:54
Is there going to be demo or something like that for The Pokemon Engine?

YavinB
HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2009 19:55
On page one in one of your pictures, how did you do the shadows, are they live?

Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 00:46 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 00:47
Well, I tried my luck at modeling a Blastoise and it didn't turn out so well. The shell was so hard to get proportioned, the legs looked weird, and the cannons on the back looked very out of place (even for pokemon standards).

So I scrapped that and thought "Well, if I can't make a Blastoise for him, I might as well make something.". So the end result is a Voltorb. Texture and .x Model attached in a zip.

Enjoy.

Tell me if there are any problems with the model and I'd be happy to do my best and fixing it.

Attachments

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there going to be demo or something like that for The Pokemon Engine?"
Yes, there will be a demo. Just waiting for a new monitor.

Quote: "On page one in one of your pictures, how did you do the shadows, are they live?"
The shadows were created using Evolved's Advanced Lighting System, and they are live shadows.(Fully Dynamic Lights too.)

Quote: "Well, I tried my luck at modeling a Blastoise and it didn't turn out so well. The shell was so hard to get proportioned, the legs looked weird, and the cannons on the back looked very out of place (even for pokemon standards).

So I scrapped that and thought "Well, if I can't make a Blastoise for him, I might as well make something.". So the end result is a Voltorb. Texture and .x Model attached in a zip.

Enjoy.

Tell me if there are any problems with the model and I'd be happy to do my best and fixing it."

Okay thanks!
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 00:50
Quote: "Okay thanks!"

No problem.

But when you use the model, make sure to raise the smoothing on it. I didn't realize how weird it looked until I loaded it up in DBPro to test it out.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No problem.

But when you use the model, make sure to raise the smoothing on it. I didn't realize how weird it looked until I loaded it up in DBPro to test it out."

Okay
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally got a chance to look at the model! And It looks Great!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
While waiting for my new monitor, I'm going to make some changes to the first menu, rewrite the code to the engine so it will be more cleaner, and then get a bluetooth adapter so I could add support for the wiimote (@ TheComet I know how bad you want this feature). And if anyone has any other features they want me to add in the engine, let me know.

Also the Evolved's deferred shading will not be integrated into the engine because somebody may not want to use it, but I would include it in the download.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 13:49
Just include an on-off switch for the deferred shading!

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just include an on-off switch for the deferred shading!"

Okay!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 03:18
Wait... it's that easy? There wasn't some serious problematic reason why it couldn't be implemented with that much ease?

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wait... it's that easy? There wasn't some serious problematic reason why it couldn't be implemented with that much ease?"

It is easy, but I didn't want to put it inside of the engine because
it makes the engine take longer to compile.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 04:32
Great work Master, maybe you should update the OP a bit.

WizMod Developer.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Great work Master, maybe you should update the OP a bit."
What does OP mean?
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 07:35
Opening Post, I'm pretty sure. Glad you like the model, and I hope to see some awesome updates, soon.

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 07:43
Yeah, Opening Post is what OP means. This looks great BTW.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Already started recoding the engine, and while I'm doing that, I'm going to try to add a message, shop, and trading system.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 03:56 Edited at: 14th Oct 2009 03:58
Check out the new command list.
On Page 3, but soon I'm going to update the opening post so, you won't have to search around.
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 03:42
I had a few minutes of free time and decided I'd do a little modeling. A diglett was the first thing that came to mind and here is the outcome.

Download attached.

Attachments

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2009 03:48 Edited at: 19th Oct 2009 03:49
Alright Lets Go! That looks excellent!
Adding a new system that I not going to reveal yet until I get it coded.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 00:38 Edited at: 20th Oct 2009 00:40
@ Happy Cheesecake
Loving the models you made.
But I want to ask if you could model this one for me to:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regirock_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
This will be even better if you could get this one, because I had trouble trying to model that pokemon. Thanks again!

(I can see why you won the 3D Model - Best Model.)
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 01:19 Edited at: 20th Oct 2009 01:41
Thanks a lot for your kind words of flattery.

I'd be more than happy to give this 'Regirock' a shot. It's a slightly bigger project than diglett or voltorb so it could take me a couple days or so. I'll be sure to have it to you soon, though. Texturing this bad boy will be the hard part... I'm just glad I can help out this cool project.

Good luck with the coding, God knows I couldn't help with that portion.

P.S. Do you notice those thin black lines around each face of a rock on Regirock's body? Those could take a few hours to do in the texture for me, but the quality of the model could drop without them. First I'll do a version without the lines and show it to you, and if you give me a thumbs up on it, we'll leave it at that.

CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally got some time to use my computer, going to make some updates to the thread soon. I also still haven't forgotten about a demo using the engine, but this time I should be able to get it out quicker (Now that the engine can be used on other computers.)

Quote: "Thanks a lot for your kind words of flattery.

I'd be more than happy to give this 'Regirock' a shot. It's a slightly bigger project than diglett or voltorb so it could take me a couple days or so. I'll be sure to have it to you soon, though. Texturing this bad boy will be the hard part... I'm just glad I can help out this cool project.

Good luck with the coding, God knows I couldn't help with that portion. "

Thanks again!

Quote: "P.S. Do you notice those thin black lines around each face of a rock on Regirock's body? Those could take a few hours to do in the texture for me, but the quality of the model could drop without them. First I'll do a version without the lines and show it to you, and if you give me a thumbs up on it, we'll leave it at that."

Okay.
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Update the opening post.
Also trying to get a Global Illumination System in this engine, static
though, but will require a lightmapper and the ability to use cubemaps. And, you will have to pick between the two (Meaning you can't use the deferred renderer and use the global illumination renderer at the same time.)
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Added new features (including ability to have wild pokemon) made a quick list:

- Ability to level up, evolve, and manage pokemon moves for trainer pokemon and wild pokemon.

- Name Input System (Allowing you to type text using an onscreen keyboard.

- Message, shop and trading system

- Dark Lights compatibility (Trying to get this into the engine)

Also still working on a demo, and I finally figured out how I'am going to do it. So expect something soon!
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 05:24 Edited at: 1st Nov 2009 05:28
Made some more updates to the engine:

- Can now evolve pokemon 5 times instead of just 3

Here is the difference in the old code to the new code.

Old

New

As you can see it is a big difference in the code.

Also I could probably make a quick demo, meaning I might not be able to fit the GUI in there, but you will be able to play with a couple of pokemon commands. So if you want me to get out a quick demo or put a lot more time into it?
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2009 20:37
A quick demo would be nice, but I think you should put more time into it. And sorry about that regirock, I started on it about a week ago, it got deleted somehow, I started back, computer shut off for some odd reason and I lost it, then I lost my sanity, and nearly exploded. So, I'll still try my best to get it to you soon.

Quote: " Can now evolve pokemon 5 times instead of just 3"

Holy jeez, that's pretty cool. But I can't recall any pokemon that evolve 5 times. I can't even think of one that evolves three times.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:22:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:22:52