Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fenix Mod Offical Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
but the bad thing is that now everyone will use the 3rd person and you know...But i know my game was the first one to use it so i really appreciate what you are doing and as i said i will comercialize your mod......

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 15:20
Great Mod...testing it and is lovely!

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 17:27
Features sound damned good.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 18:48
I had a problem with headshots not removing the character's head, but it did play the sound. 3rd person script only made the character shake in place. I am looking forward to the finished product though.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 19:59
just switched to this mod from AJ. must say in terms of features it is MUCH better. airmod... flashlight... all of it.
the only bad thing i can say about it is that the frame rate isn't as good as apple juice's, but it's still much better than stock FPSC.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 20:04 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 20:04
Quote: "I had a problem with headshots not removing the character's head, but it did play the sound. 3rd person script only made the character shake in place. I am looking forward to the finished product though."

Make sure you put the third person script on the enemies/entities main slot. Also make sure that the destroy script has "removehead" some where in it.

Quote: "just switched to this mod from AJ. must say in terms of features it is MUCH better. airmod... flashlight... all of it.
the only bad thing i can say about it is that the frame rate isn't as good as apple juice's, but it's still much better than stock FPSC."

Thank you and yes at the moment I do not have any frame rate speed ups but I do plan on adding some.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 20:10 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 20:48
Quote: "Thank you and yes at the moment I do not have any frame rate speed ups but I do plan on adding some."

thanks! i must say i prefer this to AJM simply because it has better features. that, and the mod leader is slightly more mature. (no offence apple slicer it's just i am a bit annoyed with you just randomly leaving)

and just a quick question: are we allowed to release games with this mod? sorry if someone's already asked this but i don't want to crawl through 11 pages of posts to see if someone has, and there's nothing about it on your main post.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 21:41
Ahaha looks like keeping the flamin sig was a good idea

Anyways so just an update on testing...I have not noticed anything yet or im just blind and not focusing too well. Seriously tho it feels bug-free to me and im loving every minute of it!

There was one thing tho...
I was looking forward to something in AJM that i think would make this mod 200% better. The ability to shoot off limbs. A system similar to knxrbs headshots yet being able to shoot off every part of the body. In my opinion it may not be ragdoll yet its something. And from what i've seen in horror mod people love blowing people to bits

Anyways keep it up!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The ability to shoot off limbs. "

Well its a good thing that Knxrb might give me his limb code.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 22:08 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 22:26
Oooo lucky me....actually lucky EVERYONE if that happens lol

EDIT: BUG REPORT
-when crouched in third person the entity being seen in the 3rd person view dissapears. My guess it the player is being moved below the ground.
-when crouched with the player body script, if you look uop you see the upper body of the player. Not sure if this is what you intending it to be but i believe this must have been meant for the player legs not being able to look up and see the rest of your body
-When using a gun with ironsights if you hold the right button it'll loop in and out of the ironsight till you unclick.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 22:15
Yeah, very good

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 22:19
does this mod have prone? it just looked to me like when i had crouch i was a little lower than usual, it was probbably just me though.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 01:22
Hey sent on invite on IM.

I have begun development of my own mod for fun since I have a lot of free time and your mod has influenced me that it doesnt take time to learn how to code, or to produce something amazing.

So im adding you on msn so we can help eachother out and learn together

Btw major question. I have added one WIKID timer system in 20 or so minutes and the framerate has gone from 34-40 all the way to 450-680.
Now I have no idea to cap it so if you have any idea how lemme know

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 10:33
Sync Rate 60

Or if it has timers you can leave it at that, and modify everything to run off the timer.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
wgat do the timers do?

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 13:11
timers are used to increase the speed of a game. fps will rocket up using this. BRAVO CYCLONE! ("bravo" english word)

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "("bravo" english word)"
it is being used in greece aswell ohh ok i though timers was for time and such things

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 13:37
they are, (correct me if i'm wrong), timers make entities dissapear and re-appear at certain times so they aren't there when they aren't needed. (being seen and such) at least i think that's what it is.

Quote: "Quote: "("bravo" english word)"
it is being used in greece aswell ohh ok i though timers was for time and such things"

quote quoting! anyway, i'll think i'll go have a cup of tea...

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 14:21
grrrr.... i don't know if this is the mod or not, but my test game keeps crashing on build.
it just says the application has encounterred a problem and needs to close at random points on the process. i fixed some problems but... it might not be the mod.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 14:59
Timers play animation speeds based on how long they take, not how many fps there is. Thats how it was explained to me, must be something other than timer that gave you the FPS increase, because as far as I know they dont.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 15:25
they do!

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 16:01
Ummmm can we keep this thread on topic please? I've already talked to hockeykid about this and he helped me out. Set sync to 40 and now the mod feels even faster than horror mod lol(i dont mean to light a flame here knxrb just find it funny how in 20 or so minutes i got lucky and have a nice timer system)

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 16:38 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 16:41
Quote: "they do!"

No, they simply don't do anything to the fps!

Timer Based Movement means the following -> Objects always move with a constant speed and their animations will play with the same speed, too, because the object doesn't move with the same speed on all fps without any further modification.

Without a timer-based engine everything will run slower if the fps is under the determined sync rate, and if it's higher then the opposite will happen and the game plays way to fast.

The sync rate is only(!) higher because some mods have an uncapped sync rate, that means the fps can go as high as the computer can, thus the timer based movement won't make the performance better...wouldn't that be too easy?

However, the mod already has some neat features, I'm waiting to see more cool additions from you, Hockeykid.

-Doomster

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 16:42
oh... whoops.
sorry

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "grrrr.... i don't know if this is the mod or not, but my test game keeps crashing on build.
it just says the application has encounterred a problem and needs to close at random points on the process. i fixed some problems but... it might not be the mod."

If you are still having this problem could you please try using another mod and tell me if that works.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 19:12
ok. well, the problems stopped for now, but if it happens agin, i'll switch back to AJM for a bit, see if i get the same problems.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ok. well, the problems stopped for now, but if it happens agin, i'll switch back to AJM for a bit, see if i get the same problems."

Ok sounds good

If anyone else has any bugs then please come forward and tell.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if anyone else already said this, but the 3rd person moves your character around and gets him stuck in the wall sometimes whenever you turn. When you crouch he dissapears >.>
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When you crouch he dissapears >.>"

woops forgot to fix that.

Quote: "I don't know if anyone else already said this, but the 3rd person moves your character around and gets him stuck in the wall sometimes whenever you turn"

Yes this is because its unfinished as I stated a few posts ago.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 21:04
I have all of the right scripts in the right places but they still seem to not work. When I first copied the .exe into the folder and ran it, it crashed. I ran the V115 update with the mod .exe in the fpscreator folder and I was able to test play but scripts did not work properly.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey hockeykid can you tell me how can i make the flashlight to turn on by pressing a button?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 21:34 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 21:35
Quote: "I have all of the right scripts in the right places but they still seem to not work. When I first copied the .exe into the folder and ran it, it crashed. I ran the V115 update with the mod .exe in the fpscreator folder and I was able to test play but scripts did not work properly."

The first time it didn't work was because you didn't have update v1.15 .When you upgraded to v1.15 it overrode the mod with the stock fpsc engine, re download the mod and put the exe in again.

Quote: "Hey hockeykid can you tell me how can i make the flashlight to turn on by pressing a button?"

Here you go when you press F it turns on then when you press it again it turns off.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks hockeykid you are the best

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:15
I have tried multiple times re-copying the .exe but each time i try to test play I get this (see attached photo) with the cursor frozen in the center of the screen.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Nikas, that can happen even in stock, all you have to do is hit alt+tab till you get to the game
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have tried multiple times re-copying the .exe but each time i try to test play I get this (see attached photo) with the cursor frozen in the center of the screen."

Hit alt+tab.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 00:27
Thanks, it worked. Can't wait to test out all of the features.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 01:08
Does this have great speed? if so i'll use it!

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Does this have great speed? if so i'll use it!"

At the moment no speed ups have been put in (or at least no major ones) but Ekipshi seems to be getting some good frames so it wouldn't hurt to try.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 01:37
Ok.
A shame AJM is dead.
A cryin' shame.
Anyways, do you plan to add speed ups?

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyways, do you plan to add speed ups?"

Yeah in the future.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
the fps are great and it is fast and an lagy the flashlight is awsome...dude wow.......

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 04:32
Believe me Hockeykid is not going to leave out a timer system as he has already been working on one. Plus hes been really busy with something really amazing so lets not pressure him.

Btw sry i suddenly got off msn earlier...big storm in my area blew power out for hours and hours. Tornado watch as well first i've seen here but its passed now. I hope to assist you with the "feature" tomorrow. Hopefully nothing else pops up.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 05:01 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 05:01
It looks like this is coming along very well, hockeykid. Looks like everybody who has contributed to this thread is pleased.

Hockeykid asked me again if I would be willing to merge with Fenix. I had to say no because I truly believe that the merger would not actually help either. RPG is really a specific type of design and doesn't need all the bells and whistle that a pure FPS game can use.

What is really neat about Lees upgrades to 115 and then 116 is the fact that it will make it a lot easier to use different mods for different types of games. If you want a pure FPS game then use Fenix mod. If you want a horror game, then that mod would fit the bill and so forth and if you want a purely RPG with a FP perspective use RPG mod -- if you dare.

-----------------------------------------------
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 05:32
I like the way you think instead of having numerous features i rather have mods that specialize in certain things. Meaning there good at what they do and can produce quality features for there category instead of randomly added features that have nothing to do with anything.

I like Fenix since it has a little bit of everything that makes a fps unique. And with features such as player body and third person people can take there fpsc to the next level for even more unique games

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i WANt my game to be the only 3rd person game........

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 06:21
The glory of scripting mods is they allow many types of games.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 06:31
If i could, well request a feature.
What I noticed that airmod lacked is a command to disable crossairs while in iron sights. I never licked have crossairs shown in iron sights. If its possible it would be really cool. Great mod.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If i could, well request a feature.
What I noticed that airmod lacked is a command to disable crossairs while in iron sights. I never licked have crossairs shown in iron sights. If its possible it would be really cool. Great mod.
"

Yeah ill look into it after finished with this new feature.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 06:43
There's something about your mod that I like. You see if I posted that request in lets say, the project blue thread I would of probably never had gotten a reply.
Keep up the good work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:21:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:21:29