Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Vishnu Packer Official Thread

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 05:27 Edited at: 4th Apr 2012 05:29
Quote: "@Clonkex :- Most the time I don't give a damn about the grammar when im typing fast on a forum, you starting to get on my nerves and I know grammar pretty well when I need to use it thanks.

Get a life and start saying something productive on the forums or say nothing at all."

Wow, that's a bit of an overreaction... I try not to be annoying. Most people don't respond that way when I correct them (and I do it nicely every time, too). But since you clearly don't like to be corrected, I won't do it again. Sorry for being annoying .

Just for the record, I rarely correct people on their grammar and I do usually give more helpful comments. Things tend to irritate me more when I'm tired, and I couldn't just sit there and let those apostrophes be so cruelly mistreated

Please forgive me . The last thing I want to do is turn anyone against me.

Clonkex

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Clonkex :- Sorry bro you right about the grammar and I did overreact just got me on an off day.

I see it means a lot to you to correct peoples grammar and I see that you only trying to help.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 22:49
Guys, being I did purchase Vishnu Packer v9.0.exe,
First is this the latest version as I bought it a while ago,

I also have GameLancherFPSVishnu_Launcher_v1.0 and is this uptodate.

Next and the big reason for this post.
I have a 14 level game built and need to get it out the door. So
I used Vishnu Packer v9.0.exe and then the Vishnu Launcher.

Now when I went to test this before making a Installer for the game, GameLancherFPSVishnu_Launcher_v1.0 starts and the [b]tiny very tiny box for Vishnu Packer v9.0.exe starts to display and a popup keeps asking for a PASSWORD! [/b]It never did before.
How do I remove this annoying feature or turn it on and off?

AND what is the stupid password. I never saw anything that said password.

Life is a short trip to another world
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@bruce3371 :- I'm not seeing any issue with testing a built game with v1.19 but this problem has come about before with rolfys game and it ended up being fpsc at fault.

The fix rolfy did was to del the imageblock.bin file.

If you still have the problems maybe you could send me the game you having problems with for testing.

@Meows :- You did not purchase vishnu packer v9 as it is free and not sold anywhere.

First you need to be using vishnu launcher v1.1 that fixes problem working with vishnu packer.

The password is the password you set if you want your game to have a password, please read the manual that comes with vishnu packer and update vishnu launcher to v1.1

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 00:49
Quote: "The fix rolfy did was to del the imageblock.bin file."

I have imageblockmode set to 0 in the setup.ini file, which is why I use Vishnu Packer in the first place (the FPCS license requirement being that you protect media assets).

Thanks for the reply anyway, I'll have another go at building and packing, and let you know what happens

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 01:52 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 02:00
Quote: "@Meows :- You did not purchase vishnu packer v9 as it is free and not sold anywhere.

First you need to be using vishnu launcher v1.1 that fixes problem working with vishnu packer.

The password is the password you set if you want your game to have a password, please read the manual that comes with vishnu packer and update vishnu launcher to v1.1

Best s4real"

s4real, yes i looked through my emails and It was Launcher that I purchased. I did go to the web site and logged in but did not see the file download to upgrade to v1.1. nor a product list of purchased products, or are they on the Game Creators web site?

SO sorry for being confused. In My mind the packer is the one that is the most important so I keep thinking it is the one to buy, but I would pay for all 3 in a package

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 02:34
Quote: "s4real, yes i looked through my emails and It was Launcher that I purchased. I did go to the web site and logged in but did not see the file download to upgrade to v1.1. nor a product list of purchased products, or are they on the Game Creators web site?"

In your order history on our site (you log in and then click on the Profile link), you do have a download button for Vishnu Launcher. Those that purchased it before s4real released v1.1 have a (File Updated: 19 Dec 2011) by their button. That means their original file was updated to the newest version.

So if you downloaded launcher when you purchased (back in Aug 2011), but did not download it since then or when it was upgraded (in Dec 2011), then you need to do so and upgrade your version of launcher in case you are still running v1.0 and have errors.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2012 15:37 Edited at: 10th Apr 2012 23:47
Northern Fox.
OK so sorry no brain these days. I installed firefox and finally dnloaded version 1.1

Just a bad few days, tried the SmartpackerPro trial and it worked great so ordered the program and the paid version is loading the opening screen and when you click new game it hangs..
It seems it uses TCPSVS to make a session and for some reason it will not work on my system, Michael is working on it. and I have a demo that is supposed to be available for dnload today and not one packer ( well other than Vishnu_Packer_v9.0 ) is available that works flawlessly. But Vishnu_Packer_v9.0 screen is very unprofessional. SO u need the launcher to make it look better.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Meows :- What would u like to see to make vishnu packer more professional in your eyes ?

Vishnu packer not designed to be a launcher and has a clean and simple launch and exit system.

best s4real

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 03:15 Edited at: 11th Apr 2012 03:17
Apart from the little hiccup I've had with Vishnu Packer (which s4real knows about), I've found it to be extremely user friendly, and by using the built-in customising options, you can make a very nice, professional looking packer/unpacker/launcher for your game.

I haven't bought Vishnu Launcher, (I find that Vishnu Packer meets my needs more than adequately), but I have no doubt it would make an even better looking launcher for my game. I also use Vishnu Lock for the password/security features.

IMO s4real has made a very nice, usefull set of applications, which no FPS Creator user should be without.

Muchos kudos to s4real!!!

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 00:34
Quote: "@Meows :- What would u like to see to make vishnu packer more professional in your eyes ?

Vishnu packer not designed to be a launcher and has a clean and simple launch and exit system.

best s4real"

Well it really is not for me to say, however I would love to see the screen 10 or 20 pixels smaller that the Launcher screen. So they would blend well when using both.
I bought SmartPackerPro and am not a happy camper. I think your product is a lot better with the options available. Smartpacker just does not like any of my computers.

Now i need to get the other piece of your product line the encryption.

I would also request a special feature, the ability to pack 5 FPSC games and have them run one after the other.
With the light shading the levels have to be really small and this would allow for a full sized gaming experience.
worth 50 bucks?

Last item.. HOW oh HOW do you reset the password box in the launcher? I accidently clicked it and now everything i pack asks for a password and i really need it turned off.

Oh yea, i sent you a small donation. Hint Hint

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I also confirm that when building with Packer and then with the Launcher, games will ask for a password. I didn't set a password. Is this a bug?

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Meows
Like I explained by mail we didn't encounter this problem before with any of our customers.

We are still investigating the issue so please give us some time.

@Astek
Do you mean you have packed a Smart Packered executable with Vishnu? We didn't test but can imagine it is not compatible.

Back to Vishnu...

Smart Packer Pro - Distribute games and applications
V-Packer for Games - Compress your game files into one executable
Flash Packer - Pack your Flash movies
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Meows :- It's not possible to run 5 fpsc game one after the other, build them as levels, I get confused what product you tlking about half the time as you keep saying launcher and then packer, make sure you talking about packer in the packer thread and launcher in the launcher thread please.

@ASTEK :- What steps are you doing to pack a game as vishnu packer is not designed to be packed in an other product.

To pack a game with vishnu launcher you should :-

1. make your game.
2. pack your game with launcher.
3 pack the launcher packed game in vishnu packer.

If you are doing this :-

1. make your game
2. pack your game with vishnu packer.
3. Pack your vishnu packer game in vishnu launcher.

Then vishnu packer will not work as vishnu packer is not designed to be launched from another program at present.

You will be asked for the password.

Vishnu Packer will prob not work with smart packer pro or v packer but why would you want to pack a packer in a packer in the first place.

best s4real

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you are doing this :-

1. make your game
2. pack your game with vishnu packer.
3. Pack your vishnu packer game in vishnu launcher."

Yeah. I was doing that. Thanks for the heads up.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 22:44 Edited at: 12th Apr 2012 22:45
Quote: "@Meows :- It's not possible to run 5 fpsc game one after the other, build them as levels, I get confused what product you tlking about half the time as you keep saying launcher and then packer, make sure you talking about packer in the packer thread and launcher in the launcher thread please.

@ASTEK :- What steps are you doing to pack a game as vishnu packer is not designed to be packed in an other product.

To pack a game with vishnu launcher you should :-

1. make your game.
2. pack your game with launcher.
3 pack the launcher packed game in vishnu packer."

s4real, thank you for the reply to Astek, even though Northern Fox sent me a email some time ago on the order to use them, I could not find that email and this really helps.

So when do you use the encrtpt program? Before packer or ???
Sorry too as I intermix the products

Now yes there is a way to make a wrapper, I made one once years ago with Delphi 4 where you could run a exe and after that finished the next ran and so on.

But as luck would have it my husband won't let me install any programming tools on his machine which is a XP ( it would interfere with his playing Everquest and Rift. and my win7/64 i do the install and the files are never where VisualC++ thinks they should be and it's been a year or so and I have yet to sort it out.

Maybe it is time to try and fire up my old XP box and get a new battery for the banged up laptop and sort out SmartPacker.

Quote: "
@Meows
Like I explained by mail we didn't encounter this problem before with any of our customers.

We are still investigating the issue so please give us some time.

mrniceguy"
Bless you MrNiceGuy, I absolutely love the Trial version. It did everything quickly and looked good doing it.
I think the FPS version should really have a icon changer built in.
My first thought was I wonder if Game Creators made this product as they forgot to but in a Icon Changer in FPSC for the games ppl make.

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 07:15 Edited at: 6th Aug 2012 16:02
please how do you use the command line to give the program the password?

OR any other way to pass the password to the program so the password box is not displayed?

Oh my gosh I actually figured it out.
Run('D:\009\TIH34.exe')
_WinWaitActivate("Password","")
Send("**********")
Sleep(100)
Send("{ENTER}")

Now to get text into the data file/
*hugs*
NorthernFox and S4Real

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 16:31 Edited at: 6th Aug 2012 16:35
My I show something?
using Vishnu Launcher and Vishnu Packer

I am looking at IndieGames to try and sell this game.
I uploaded it without any security other than 7z had
but I was told by IndieGames, I should have better so I went back to The only program that I know will run on any machine
Vishnu. So I had to totally recode my Install and after
3 all nighters I found the (I hope final) answer.

I run my installer where all 9 game files with 2 to 6 levels in each is put in the proper directory's 3.7Gigs worth extracted with 6, 7z encrypted files. Then to run the game I use my game master to run the games where they have to finish the previous game levels to play the next.
Here are the second game screens.

First opening screen

The user starts play

I show the password screen above here but in real play
it is hidden.

Here is the packer screen opening

And the Launcher screen

And Finally a game screen

Well it looks a lot better In real life these are
tests after all. Yes I could us just 7z and such but
Vishnu Launcher and Vishnu Packer just look and work better.

Thank you s4real and NorthernFox for this program

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 20:11
PS If you are updating please make them work with the RPGMod please. You can not find the file in the rpgfile dir to add the contents to the next game.

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Meows, when the game's ready to be sold at Indie Games will you post a thread? I'd love to support a fellow FPSC designer there.

Sorry again.

Eugene
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
UPDATE :-

Been a while but vishnu packer is still supported and sorry for the lack of updates but real life has been busy.

everything is on hold until the release of windows 8.

Vishnu packer has been re-written a few time now over the years and there could be the chance it will be again for the next update depending what need updating or any new features needs to be added.

Best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2012 00:06 Edited at: 27th Nov 2012 04:52
Update :-

Vishnu Packer v10 will be starting on in the next few weeks .

best s4real

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2012 00:55
Great to hear s4real. I look forward to it

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@DennisW :- Thanks.

Vishnu Packer v10.

1. Fixing some known issues with game no unpacking due to high cpu usage.

2. Full windows 8 support.

3. More features will be shown further in development .

best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline

Updated Vishnu packer to V9.1, this is a small update to give support for windows 8 and fixes some known issues.

Fixes Drag and Drop in windows 8 and some windows 7 machines.
Fixes config.ini file not been written in Windows 8
fixes high cpu usage when unpacking game.
Fixes Game not unpacking on some machine

Best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the multi post.

Well as you can see vishnu packer is still going strong after all these years and has had many re-writes and many changes but one change I'm thinking of bringing back is the option to have it full screen.

Back in the old days vishnu used to be full screen but was changed to be a small app with launch and exit.

Some other option I'm thinking about it to have no box at all and just have please wait on your computer then auto play the game so there no unpacking bar at all just a sign saying please wait unpacking.

Another option is to have a choice of protection you like, example would be that you have 3 options from low, med and high protection.

Low protection would be that the game would unpack once and not unpack anymore once it has.

med would be it unpacks once but uses more protection methods and high would it unpacks everytime.

These are a few ideas

feedback wanted

best s4real

Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
mentored1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2013 02:08
@s4real -

Hi there! Great work and kudos for continuing to support Vishnu apps you made. I've been away from FPSC for some time and Vishnu seems like a great solution for a few projects I'm working on.

As for your ideas, the protection levels seem like a fantastic idea (anything that allows customization is good); also, the option to have just a message show and then auto-launch is perfect (perhaps allow message customization?).

I'm looking forward to using Vishnu and will gladly donate if it meets my needs.

Take care!

"We believe whatever we want to believe."
-Demosthenes
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 10:44 Edited at: 13th Feb 2013 10:47
@s4real

Hi! I am interested by your application. I have a question: can I attach txt file to a compiled DBP exe so it will be loaded in to DBP exe without staying in any temp folders? DBP have compress&encrypt ability for attached media, but it unpacks all data to the %temp%\dbpdata\media

*** Merry Chuckmas! ***
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 15:21
I have posted a one level game with Vishnu Game Launcher and Vishnu Packer.The download is here so you can see them in action. I also used FPSC 1.20.15 Beta

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " have posted a one level game with Vishnu Game Launcher and Vishnu Packer.The download is here so you can see them in action. I also used FPSC 1.20.15 Beta"

Would do but get an error on the page saying This download link has already been bound to another user. Please request a new link from the file owner.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

best s4real

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2013 02:03 Edited at: 15th Feb 2013 03:10
Ok Give it a try now I belive I have set right now.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes that worked looking good.

best s4real

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2013 15:45
Thank you s4real. I was thinking that in the new version of Launcher that if you combined two of the things from packer. 1 the way it packs the media and 2 the icon changer. It would be looking good.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
MTC Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 15:15 Edited at: 17th Feb 2013 15:24
Hi s4real,

I'd like to ask if it would be possile to add a feature that would record hours of use then delete the game or disable it somehow.

It would be great for creating time-based trial periods of a game.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm looking forward to using the Vishnu suite and will gladly donate if it meets my needs.

Tom

www.tomansuini.com
Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 18:01
When I make the launcher for the game...
It looks all normal, I go to the "Packaged Games" folder and start the launcher...
It loads up, everything normal... but when I press "Launch" button... nothing happens! D:
Simple as that... nothing happens.
Does this happen with someone else? '-'
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd like to ask if it would be possile to add a feature that would record hours of use then delete the game or disable it somehow."

I will look into adding a trial system.

@Belacios :- Is it possible to upload your packed game and will see whats goig on.

best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Today I have stop support on all Vishnu products so there will be no more updates to Vishnu packer.

Wish to thanks to the people who supported this product over the years but I feel its time to move on to a new product for the future.

best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 23:55 Edited at: 21st Aug 2013 00:23
UPDATE :-

Well I said I wasn't going to update this anymore but I have updated it today.

Version 9.2 is an unofficial release being the product is ended.

Whats new :-

Direct x9 check before starting if not there it will exit with message.

Improvements on performance and stability.

So download and enjoy as this maybe the final version.

If your game or packer has no launch or exit text or the game does not launch this is due to the anti virus software on your machine.

Due to how vishnu protects your games anti virus software see it as a virus or threat, this is only just come about due to how anti virus software now see behaviors.

Many products give false positives with this system and its a pain on people making software.

best s4real

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline

New version updated last one had some bugs.

This version has a new default music as the other I thought was getting old.

Best s4real

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 05:45
Thanks s4real I downloaded it and will install. I new you wouldn't let your hard work on your packer just die. I think you have a lot of time in it.

Again Thanks

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
AGK Community Tester
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Dennis W for the comment, I felt it could not be left as it was.

best s4real

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 20:22
Thanks for the update s4real as I do use this and your "Launcher" probably the most out of all the products I've bought. It's always there and they work.
best
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Keep Vishu alive and donated and get your rewards.

Donate here :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21

Best s4real

Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
ToRRent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 17:30 Edited at: 9th Oct 2013 17:31
Hello s4real, i use your great tool and some players have problem with unpacking game correctly.
When some players click on launch button then fpsc crashing with error (DBProTextDebug.dll StackHash_0a9e)

Is there any solutions for this ? Antivirus off, directx9 installed, few free memory.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ToRRent :- This is a common problem if they have not got certain files on there machine.

A few tips to make sure people can play your game.

Before packing the game add the two dlls Ive attached to this post in the same dir as your game.exe, windows 8 needs these to play.

Also right click the game.exe and tick the run as administrator.

Pack the game in the latest version as it checks for direct x9 is installed.

Hope this will help.

Best s4real

Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ToRRent
Years of Service
User Offline
It helped Thank you.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ToRRent :- Glad it helped.

best s4real

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:01:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:01:02