Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BBB Gui Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 01:58 Edited at: 27th Apr 2011 02:00
Quote: "I have a bug to report. The below command does not have any effect when called. "

That command works ok but you are calling it with the wrong values. I modified a plugin a little bit so now your values should be ok.

Quote: "EDIT
This works in a rich editbox, though not in a normal editbox..."

That command is only for use with rich editboxes

Quote: "EDIT 2
Im getting lots of very strange errors involving the rich editboxes. Im having all ascii character values being displayed in my output box, and I can physically see that the two editboxes contain the exact same data, both data unseen and seen in the editbox to the user. Other than that, the only other modifications to the code is the editbox type, and this is resulting in errors regarding detecting the number of lines in an editbox, the current line which you are on, and position of the cursor ect...."

I will need the example code and example ascii text to replicate this problem

Quote: "EDIT 3
I would appreciate it if you were to try to add the cursor select"

What do you mean by this, i don't understand?

Quote: "and perhaps a colour change of selected text to normal editboxes. The issues im getting with rich editboxes Im finding are much too vast, Thanks again"

This can't be done, at least not easily, thats' why rich editbox were 'invented'. Simple editbox allows text display for everything else you need to use rich editbox-> that's why it's called rich, it allows a lots of different text formating

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That command works ok but you are calling it with the wrong values. I modified a plugin a little bit so now your values should be ok."

It was working fine when i called it in rich editboxes.

Quote: "I will need the example code and example ascii text to replicate this problem"

I'll and you on msn and share with you the code for my program, its in early development of the GUI so I'm not incredibly protective over the source currently.

Quote: "What do you mean by this, i don't understand?"

I was wondering if it were possible to add cursor commands into the normal edit box.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2011 23:35
I i modified the plugin again, it should work in editboxes and rich editboxes now

Quote: "I'll and you on msn"

i added you

Quote: "I was wondering if it were possible to add cursor commands into the normal edit box."

which/what kind of cursor commands, be more specific

Attachments

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2011 00:23
Brendy boy

I saw a post about

Quote: "

[quote]is it possible to make multiple windows such as the DB Pro one?"

no, that is not possible and since that feature is not gui related it will never be part of this plugin.

[/quote]

would it rile be such a bad option to add ?

I know its be been a trip to do what you have dun to this point

If a thought is Just a thought ~ so whats the main thought ?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "which/what kind of cursor commands, be more specific"

Commands which set the current position of the cursor. Commands to change the colour of text between two character indexes would also be very useful in a normal editbox, though I understand issues as this is what richeditboxes are for (would prefer it in the normal one though)

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2011 01:47
@Arenas
Quote: "Commands which set the current position of the cursor."

don't know if this is possible, can't find anything in msdn help

Quote: "Commands to change the colour of text between two character indexes would also be very useful in a normal editbox,"

this isn't possible

@Resourceful
Quote: "would it rile be such a bad option to add ?"

i already have the plugin which alows that, but it's only simple rendering: textures [2 layers, only one blending effect], shaders, simple transparency effect. Everything else is not possible and it would require A LOOOT of additional coding to make it possible.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2011 14:41 Edited at: 3rd May 2011 14:43
EDIT: Just read back through and realised I should've checked first...

Quote: "I was wondering if it were possible to add cursor commands into the normal edit box."

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Brandy boy, I don't think that your set cursor position command takes into account the new line characters, would it be possible for you too add this back in as it makes it easier to modify selected text using character references in the string which match the set selected text character indexes. Thanks

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 18:18 Edited at: 5th May 2011 18:20
Can anyone help me to get some web browser data?

All I want to know is when a web browser is clicked on and then the current web page it is on after the click.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: No funny answers please like, "Look at the address bar..."

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 16:33
Quote: "Can anyone help me to get some web browser data?"

Take a look at the web browser example, line 110:

The message DISPID_BEFORENAVIGATE2 is sent when user clicks on a link inside a web page, you can get that link with webbrowser get event string(0) command.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 13:56
Thanks for that @Brendy boy, I'll give that a try and let you know if I have any more difficulties!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 16:25 Edited at: 20th May 2011 14:40
I have been trying to get it working but I'm finding it difficult using the code I have. Clicking on the browser doesn't seem to do anything... Could you take a look at the code and point me in the right direction?

Full test project attached...

EDIT: Any help on this would be much appreciated, I'm hoping to use this as part of next month's TGC newsletter article for the AppUp developers group. It could be some good publicity for BBB Gui if anyone can help me?

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2011 14:47
Sorry to triple post but can anyone help with my question above?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2011 21:51
Quote: "Sorry to triple post but can anyone help with my question above?"

once again, sorry for ignoring you, i'm swamped with university stuff

I posted the solution here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=184718&b=1

Synth_Cecrit
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a possibility to set an Alpha value for non-layered windows?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2011 22:01
Quote: "Is there a possibility to set an Alpha value for non-layered windows? "

no

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 03:41 Edited at: 24th May 2011 05:08
Is it possible to get the OPEN FILE DIALOG() to select a folder instead of a file?

Is there a special filter I can use for that?

EDIT:
I read up on msdn, and it seems you can't do that with the OpenFileDialog. There is a FolderBrowserDialog method which can do it. Any chance you could add a command for that?

I don't know if this is of any use to you, but this is the link I found: FolderBrowserDialog

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 05:52
Quote: "Any chance you could add a command for that? "

Yes, i already planned to do that but i got distracted with other stuff and forgot. You'll have to wait a month though, because i don't have time at the moment.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 07:19
I'll just have to wait then...

I created a small work-around for it in my program where I just select a file in the target folder, and then the program strips away the filename from the path.

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 14:51
hi enderleit

could you please post the work-around code you created ?

If a thought is Just a thought ~ so whats the main thought ?
enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2011 15:45 Edited at: 24th May 2011 15:47
Sure, here it is...

GG_VCSPath is a STRING that will hold the final path.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2011 12:29 Edited at: 25th May 2011 12:32
I can't get this to work:

Is that because it is the Main Window, or am I doing something else wrong?

EDIT: Well, I kind of fixed it by using hide/show window, but still...

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2011 02:24
I saw your 3D modeling proggy and the screenshots, but there's no program to DL and try!? I like the look of the GUI for that program, but still trying to get BBB_Gui to work.

No specific errors as I'm going through all of them as you've posted them... Working on a GUI for an MMORPG for home-based character creation and encryption system for the client system... (I hope it works...)

Let me know when you get your 3D modeling program up and running for release. Thanks.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 20:49
@ Enderleit
Quote: "I can't get this to work:
+ Code Snippet

minimize window MainWin
execute file GG_GourcePath, GG_Options+GG_VCSPath, "", 1
restore window MainWin

Is that because it is the Main Window, or am I doing something else wrong?"

What exactly is the problem?

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2011 20:03
The window doesn't get minimized.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2011 20:31
Quote: "The window doesn't get minimized"

did you set the MainWin to correct window handle? Can you post the whole code?

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2011 08:38
I changed the code so it no longer uses that, but I set it like this:

MainWin = get dbpro window() : set main window MainWin

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 10:54
Thanks for this plugin. Really great.

I've had a couple of issues though and I wondered if you could help. Firstly, when I update the text of a label in the main loop each cycle, I notice that it flickers. Is there any way to avoid this?

Also I find that it is very slow to close program after the X in the top right hand corner is clicked. I use the following code:

The event is caught eventually but the longer the program has been running, the longer it seems to take for it to respond. It quickly gets up to taking 20 seconds or more to respond. Any advice on how I can fix this? Thanks.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 19:35
Quote: "when I update the text of a label in the main loop each cycle, I notice that it flickers"

No, to minimize flickering update the label only when the text changes.

Quote: "Also I find that it is very slow to close program after the X in the top right hand corner is clicked. "

without seeing your whole code i can't say what could be causing this.
If you have lots of labels whose text you update every loop -> that could be the cause of the issue

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2011 23:27
Quote: "No, to minimize flickering update the label only when the text changes."

Thanks for the hint. I've implemented this and it is now considerably better although it still flickers a little.

Quote: "without seeing your whole code i can't say what could be causing this.
If you have lots of labels whose text you update every loop -> that could be the cause of the issue"

It's quite a big messy program so I'm not sure how practical it would be to show you the whole lot. I don't have many labels but I do have a lot of menu items. Could this be causing the problem? If so is there anything I can do about it without removing some of them?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 02:54
Quote: "It's quite a big messy program so I'm not sure how practical it would be to show you the whole lot. I don't have many labels but I do have a lot of menu items. Could this be causing the problem? If so is there anything I can do about it without removing some of them? "

The part of the code that could cause problems is the code between 'do' and 'loop'. If you have lots of label text updating there or something similar that you do every loop

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 12:18 Edited at: 12th Jun 2011 12:19
Quote: "The part of the code that could cause problems is the code between 'do' and 'loop'. If you have lots of label text updating there or something similar that you do every loop"

Thanks for the hint. I've not found anything immediately like that to be causing the problem but it seems to be fixed now. However I can't really tell you how... I commented out most of the main loop and started reinstating parts to find what was causing the issue and now I've uncommented everything, I can't reproduce the problem. Well, I'm bemused by so long as it lasts, I'm happy

Thanks again for the advice and for this great plugin.
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2011 23:46 Edited at: 24th Jun 2011 23:50
Hey guys, just to let you know, BBB GUI Windows Designer 1.1 is out now. I would have had it out sooner but I've been really busy. (At one time I did not have time to program for about 5 weeks.)

Here is the link to the update.

Also going over the older posts, I saw the talk about not being able to create extra 3D windows, here is a makeshift solution on how to do that.

Main application.

2nd 3D window.

Picture is attached also.

Though it might be crude to have 2 EXE's, at least it works and it's a cheap form of multithreading. Also the 2nd EXE is needed since the main program can't modify a different application.

@ Brendy Boy.

BBB Submenu_Unlink string table has wrong parameters compared to the keywords description.

Also overload Treeview Set Selected Item to also include item handles? Since it much easyer for me to keep track of the handles then the item index.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work.

Attachments

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 05:50
Quote: "Hey guys, just to let you know, BBB GUI Windows Designer 1.1 is out now."

I just tried it, it looks great.
I found a bug:
i created a menu
added a menu item, called it "File"
added 2 subitems
clicked on button "Move item up"
CRASH!

Quote: "BBB Submenu_Unlink string table has wrong parameters compared to the keywords description."

Fixed

Quote: "Also overload Treeview Set Selected Item to also include item handles?"

Added new command -> BBB TREEVIEW_SETSELECTEDITEMHANDLE

Here's the new update
Change log:

Attachments

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 21:47
Quote: "I found a bug:"

What happened is that you moved the first submenu on the menu bar up. It appears I forgot one OR statement to check for in the code. Also if you move a item up or down, make sure after you move it you reselect it. (Since you did not have the command to select a treeview item by a handle, I could not modify the selection.) Though, by 1.2 those two things will be fixed.

Also thanks for the new update.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 19:00
I want to inform everyone that i won't be able to respond to any questions nor will I post any updates in the next 2 months. I will be visiting my grandma where i don't have internet access.

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 02:43
New update for the BBB GUI Windows Designer, download here.

Changelog:

Brendy boy,

I know your gone, but I'll just tell you now anyway.

1. The commands "Mouse On Window" and "BBB Get_WindowUnderMouse" don't work on updown labels.

2. The following constants are don't work right.

#constant MFS_DISABLED MFS_GRAYED
#constant BIF_USENEWUI (BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE || BIF_EDITBOX)

In C++ you can do that, but in DBPro the compiler just replaces the text with the constant value.

gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 22:33
admiral,

I know Brendy is away so maybe you can help me here.

I need the child windows to stay contained within the DBpro window. Clamped to the side of the screen and will possibly resize along with the main dbpro window. Is this possible?

I read back through that I needed to have the child windows styled properly so this code should be correct, right?

This seems to get the window inside the DBPro window but the sync rate keeps blocking out the GUI. The only way I can see the GUI within the dbp window is try to resize the main window which halts the sync somehow and allows you to see the gui, but as soon as you release the mouse its black again. Any ideas?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist."
gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 23:27
Quote: "This seems to get the window inside the DBPro window but the sync rate keeps blocking out the GUI. The only way I can see the GUI within the dbp window is try to resize the main window which halts the sync somehow and allows you to see the gui, but as soon as you release the mouse its black again. Any ideas?"

Never mind....figured it out.

You have to use Window Set Size and Window Set Position when messing with the dbp window.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist."
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 00:43
Hello gbison,

Quote: "I need the child windows to stay contained within the DBpro window. Clamped to the side of the screen and will possibly resize along with the main dbpro window. Is this possible?"

Yes it's possible.

(From web browser example.) Though, the only thing is that you can't do this on the DBPro window, you have to do it on a window you create.

Quote: "I read back through that I needed to have the child windows styled properly so this code should be correct, right? "

Yes the code is correct.

If you need any more help just let me know .

gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 11:43
Thanks Admiral, got it working.

However I have noticed something as well. Using your tool there are a couple things I have found, they may not be of any concern to you but I thought i would mention them non the less.

When copying the code generated from your design tool the only global present is the Project_Window. This is all fine and well but if you plan to interact with any of the other variable windows such as an Editbox or button declaration inside your main loop you dont have access to these. As the variables you declared inside the function are not accessible outside of it except for Project_Window because you have it declared as Global.

To test this theory I converted your function to a Sub which allowed the variables to be accessed outside without globally declaring each one, everything worked perfectly. I then switched back to your function format and could no longer access any of the other declared variables. So to leave it as a function each variable must be declared globally or convert it to a Sub which then allows them all to be accessible anyway.

Just something I have observed in my testing.

Thanks.

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:33
Glad that you got it working.

Thanks for pointing that out on the code export. I guess I forgot about making all the controls handles a global variable. I will have that corrected in next release.

Also if you have any suggestions about the designer feel free to ask.

gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 01:55 Edited at: 27th Jul 2011 19:42
Quote: "Thanks for pointing that out on the code export. I guess I forgot about making all the controls handles a global variable. I will have that corrected in next release."

Hey man no problem, I just didn't didn't want new comers to not understand whats happening here when they export the code and start trying to mess about with there controls and find out nothing works right...

Quote: "Also if you have any suggestions about the designer feel free to ask."

Thanks friend, I'm putting it through its paces. I'm building a 2D engine design that's complete with external editors for my game productions.

I would like to see the addition of progress bars though and it would be nice if we could skin windows with artwork, dont know if thats an option.

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 03:18
Quote: "Thanks friend, I'm putting it through its paces. I'm building a 2D engine design that's complete with external editors for my game productions. "

Good luck with your 2D engine!

Quote: "I would like to see the addition of progress bars though"

Yeah, I am planning on adding every control that BBB GUI supports. Though since I have been working on other features I have not added all the controls yet, though in time all of them will be added, And I'll likely and progress bars in the next update anyway.

Quote: "and it would be nice if we could skin windows with artwork, dont know if thats an option."

Yes that's possible with layered windows. And in the future that will also be available for the designer.

gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 17:54 Edited at: 28th Jul 2011 17:55
Quote: "Good luck with your 2D engine!"

Thanks very much, its the effort you put forth on projects like yours and Brendy's that make things much easier for my wife and I as Indies. It is a drastic time savor.

Quote: "Yeah, I am planning on adding every control that BBB GUI supports. Though since I have been working on other features I have not added all the controls yet, though in time all of them will be added, And I'll likely and progress bars in the next update anyway. "

Awesome! Much appreciated!

Quote: "Yes that's possible with layered windows. And in the future that will also be available for the designer."

You are the man! Which is why you and Brendy both will be mentioned in the credits of this engine.

enderleit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 00:23
This only returns the name of the folder I selected:
GG_VCSPath = BBB FolderBrowserDialog("Select CVS folder...",0)

Anyone know if I can get it to return the full path?

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 22:52
Quote: "You are the man! Which is why you and Brendy both will be mentioned in the credits of this engine. "

Thanks, though Brendy Boy has done more work in making the wrapper then I have programming the designer.

Quote: "Anyone know if I can get it to return the full path?"

I guess Brendy Boy would have to modify the command to return the full path of the folder. There is no workaround that I know of at this current moment using DLL calls or window messages to get the full path name.

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 16:46 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 05:40
How do you get the file name of a file dragged into a window that can accept files
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2011 06:51 Edited at: 13th Aug 2011 07:03
Quote: "How do you get the file name of a file dragged into a window that can accept files "

Here is a example I made for you.

Edit: I also forgot to say, you need Matrix1 Utilities plug-in for the example.

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:27:49