Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BBB Gui Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2011 20:23
id=COMBOBOX GET SELECTED ITEM(Combobox)

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 13:23
sorry just jumped to last page and posting... is there a complete tutorial for this anywhere?

also just tagging along to keep this in my mail box

BlackChaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 21:08 Edited at: 9th Dec 2011 21:10
How would i make a right click menu?

Check out my website -> Ameadus Project <- Free Project files, Examples and Over 2,000 textures

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 21:43
@MrValentine
Quote: "is there a complete tutorial for this anywhere?"

No, just the examples that come with the download

@BlackChaos
Quote: "How would i make a right click menu? "

There's a menu example that you should take a look at.

Something like this:
You make the menu with this:

...and set it as current rightclick menu with

gp009
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 16:41 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 16:46
hi, I been using you BBB GUI plugin for some time, very useful-but I think I came across a bug.

when using the multiline editbox the EDITBOX GET LINE does not take a numeric variable to get the text from a line in the editbox.

for example:

editbox get line(edit_text,0) any number will work just fine but

editbox get line(edit_text,any_variable_name) will only get the first line regardless what value any_variable_name has
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 20:59
gp009... just guessing here... checklist?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:06
@gp009
It seems that you are using the old version of the BBB GUI plugin, i don't have it any more so i can't fix it

In the newest version it works correctly. It's attached to this post

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:43
Hi Brendy... what are the licence points relating to the use of BBB?

Credits or ?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:47
Quote: "Hi Brendy... what are the licence points relating to the use of BBB?"

free for commercial and non-commercial use

Quote: "Credits or ?"

you can but it is not neccesary

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 23:12
Cheers I will try to remember once I use it to credit you in the extensive credits list gosh organisin those things is a nightmare hehe... I like to credit good work... when its due

gp009
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@gp009
It seems that you are using the old version of the BBB GUI plugin, i don't have it any more so i can't fix it

In the newest version it works correctly. It's attached to this post
"

thanks I will try it out this evening when I wake up. sometimes its alittle tricky to keep things up to date
gp009
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 05:37 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 05:58
there must be something missing.. after downloading the updated BBB GUI now I get this error:

Could not determine parameter type of 'make editbox(150,40,180,20,0,main)' at line 78.

if the required parameters for the editbox has changed, the example files are out of date since i was using the older version...

update:

@Brendy boy

i found out why.. you only attached the BBB.dll file and not the other updated files that were needed. so I went back to the 1st post on the thread and downloaded those. and now it all works as it should.

update 2:

(1)
unfortunatly even even the new version still wont take a variable to specify which line to get the text in the edit box.

(2)
darkbasic pro now crashes when you use str$(variable) + textstring$ as text in the make message box command.

since you said you cant fix things in bbb gui anymore, sadly I may have to try something else
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 16:48
Quote: "i found out why.. you only attached the BBB.dll file and not the other updated files that were needed."

i wanted to attach everything but i had problrm s with the internet so i was unable to, but all the examples for the newset version can be found somewhere on this or previous page of the thread.

Quote: "(1)
unfortunatly even even the new version still wont take a variable to specify which line to get the text in the edit box."

try hardcoding the line number and see if that works. It worked for me. If it stil doesn't work then upload an example where this doesn't work so i can test it.

Quote: "darkbasic pro now crashes when you use str$(variable) + textstring$ as text in the make message box command."

try using this:
some_varible$=str$(variable)+textstring$
use some_varibale$ as message box text

Quote: "since you said you cant fix things in bbb gui anymore, sadly I may have to try something else "

I can't fix the older version because i don't have it anymore. I allways fix the newest version. If you are using the newset version then you don't have to worry about fixes, only the older version is no more updated.

gp009
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 23:30 Edited at: 30th Dec 2011 23:33
Quote: "
try using this:
some_varible$=str$(variable)+textstring$
use some_varibale$ as message box text
"

I tried something like that already before making the first post about the bug but I forgot to mention it.

Quote: "I can't fix the older version because i don't have it anymore. I allways fix the newest version. If you are using the newset version then you don't have to worry about fixes, only the older version is no more updated.
"

sweet!

Quote: "try hardcoding the line number and see if that works. It worked for me. If it stil doesn't work then upload an example where this doesn't work so i can test it."

I did, but after calling the first EDITBOX GET LINE it does not get the next line even after hardcoding

Example code:
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 00:32 Edited at: 31st Dec 2011 00:39
this works perfectly fine

EDIT:
this works too:

gp009
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "this works perfectly fine
+ Code Snippet

EDIT:
this works too:
+ Code Snippet
"

if you could can you provide me a link that has all the latest BBB GUI files so I can be sure that its not because of missing file?

because its still not working for me. its still giving me compiler errors.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 21:56
gp009's post gave me an Idea... for my wiki...

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 23:13
this http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162825&b=8&msg=2298904#m2298904 post contains the latest bbb gui plugin which is required to compile the above example. To get the latest examples just find the latest post that contains everything

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 19:12 Edited at: 13th Jan 2012 19:24
I really like this plugin very much.
Everything I tried was running without any problems!

-Buttons
-Checkboxes
-Sliders
-Treeviews
-Tab Controls
-Windows

Thanks to this Plugin I was finally able to create a good menu for my game. Actually not what you would expect from a game menu, but solid and functional.

What I would like to know is: Which msstyles can be used for this?

I tried some for Windows XP and some for Windows 7, but none of them wanted to work.

What kind of style is your provided "Ruby.msstyles"?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 23:41
Quote: "Thanks to this Plugin I was finally able to create a good menu for my game"

you're welcome

Quote: "What I would like to know is: Which msstyles can be used for this?"

Well, i don't know. Are there more then one type of msstyles?
I do know that all the styles i tried worked. I found them on various sites on the internet so just google it and you'll find some that work. Additionaly, you can google uskin to find it's home page and see if there's something abount different versions of styles. Uskin is the dll which is used for applying styles to windows.

Quote: "What kind of style is your provided "Ruby.msstyles"? "

Again, as i said before i'm not aware what types/kinds of styles exist.

I did notice that styles made for windows 7 don't work on xp, i think that it isn't vice versa

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I found many working msstyles by now. It turned out that the styles I tried to use, where made in a special way, or whatever. The Buttons where rendered completely different. Maby they where just "broken" or something.

Another thing:
If I run "END BBB GUI" this also closes the game exe.
I also tried to just run the command "START BBB GUI" again, but that also just closed the game exe.

Can this be avoided? So that I can stop and reinitialize BBB GUI with another style while the game is still running?
I dont care if I have to rebuild the windows then.

A command like "BBB GUI SET MSSTYLE" would be even better.

Because:
Im planing to use BBB GUI controls for the normal game menus like Inventory and so on. And I already provided a possibility to choose another style ingame, so that the user is able to customize the game interface, but then I have to tell them that this option requires a restart.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 19:39
Quote: "A command like "BBB GUI SET MSSTYLE" would be even better."

good idea but you'll have to wait a few days until i make that command

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2012 17:16 Edited at: 19th Jan 2012 22:15
Quote: "... but you'll have to wait a few days ..."

No problem ... take your time.

EDIT:
I have one more question regarding the tab control.
If I want to use an imagelist, how do I have to use the command "BBB TAB_INSERTITEM". What is "parameter0 or 1" supposed to mean?

I tested a few things and searched in the thread here but couldn´t find something about this.
GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 18:22 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 18:22
Any plans for a date picker element?

Attachments

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 22:46
Quote: "Any plans for a date picker element?"

it already exist -> hDatePicker=BBB DATEPICKER_MAKE(Position x, position y, width, height, parent)

GIDustin
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, hmm. I didn't see it in the "Features" list on the first post so I just assumed it wasn't included. Well don't I look dumb...
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 22:56
well, it's a small feature so i thought it isn't worth mentioning

Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, just found a solution to a 'got ya!' when using Imagelists and thought I`d share.

The problem arose because my DBPro+BBB-GUI app needed to display images in an imagelist that were not BMP. Imagelists only support BMP so it is necessary to load the image into DBPro, save it as a BMP and then re-load it.

This worked fine until I made an installer for my app, I found that, in Windows 7 at least, if the user installed to the default location (c:\Program Files\...) windows security would not allow the app to save files in the installed folder and an error would occur.

Okay I thought, so I just save to the temp folder instead. Usually %TEMP% will give the default temp folder, but I found that "save image "%TEMP%\mytempbitmap.BMP",img" did not work.

Found the solution in the Matrix Utils, this has a set of alternative DIR commands including "DIR TEMP()". Hence "save image DIR TEMP() + "\mytempbitmap.BMP",img" works fine.

Hope this helps anyone else who gets this problem, as it had me going crazy for a while.

RR

"Don`t try to engage my enthusiasm, I don`t have one"
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2012 17:48
@Grasmann
Quote: "EDIT:
I have one more question regarding the tab control.
If I want to use an imagelist, how do I have to use the command "BBB TAB_INSERTITEM". What is "parameter0 or 1" supposed to mean?

I tested a few things and searched in the thread here but couldn´t find something about this. "

I just now saw your edit.
You use it like this:
1. set the imagelist fro your tab
2. insert every item like this:

where last parameter signals bbb gui how to show an image on the tab item:
0 - show only an image
1 - show an image and the text of the tab item

And here's the version - I added the command BBB SetSkin skin_path so you can set a msstyles file whenever you want

Attachments

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 00:54 Edited at: 30th Jan 2012 00:55
Thanks for the update I will try it immediately .

Do I have to rebuild the windows or will they survive this? XD
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 03:02
Quote: "Do I have to rebuild the windows or will they survive this? XD "

no worries, they will survive

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2012 06:32 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2012 13:40
Take a look:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191843&b=1&p=0

The thread is about tray icons and I thought it shouldn't be much work to include this into BBB GUI.

EDIT:
I'm currently making help files for BBB GUI. I will post them here as soon as I'm done.
So if I have questions I will post them here ok?
Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 10:17 Edited at: 4th Feb 2012 10:39
Just in case my edited post was overlooked again I'm making a new post now XD. So, sorry for double post.

The help files for BBB GUI are a lot of work.
I got 25 of the 417 commands done.
Because this is taking so long I will upload what I have done so far.
Maybe some people find the time to look over it and look for gramatical issues and so on.
English is not my native language.

Also:
I guessed some of the parameter types and return values and didn't check all of them. So an error here should also be reported.

Commands done:

Errors fixed:

Attachments

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 18:41
Quote: "Just in case my edited post was overlooked again I'm making a new post now XD. "

That's very generous from you.
It seems that forum isn't functioning properly. This is not the first time that edit in the last post gets overlooked.

Quote: "The help files for BBB GUI are a lot of work.
I got 25 of the 417 commands done."

I suggest to first create help fro commands that start with BBB, because this other commands will be renamed soon.

Quote: "I guessed some of the parameter types and return values and didn't check all of them."

I'll take a look next week when i find time and correct the errors

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2012 22:49
Nice of you to do this Grasmann. Here is some suggestions you might want to include in your help files.

1:
When you list the available styles for each control, you might want to include it in a table. And in case you don't know, I attached a help file from one of my plug-ins (String Functions DLL) that features a table for you to see.

2:
Also when you list the styles, you might want to include a description about what each style does. You can find style information for each control by searching for it on MSDN.

3:
Eventually, you also might want to include general concepts on how controls and the Win32 API works. (Message loop, Window parents-clients, etc...) Though, documenting the commands is higher priority I think then this.

I know this is a WIP and there is still a lot to be done but in case you did not have this in mind I thought I would suggest it as it will help new users a lot.

Attachments

Grasmann
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2012 06:33 Edited at: 5th Feb 2012 11:58
@Admiral MH:

I already did tables for styles but I didn't explain every style.
I attached the Make Window Help File, so you can see what it looks like at the moment.
But since the Window commands are all still without "BBB " in front I will just skip them for now.

Im kind of to lazy to even search for the description of the styles, I thought about it ... but figured most of them have a self-explanatory name. Maybe I will do them when all the help files are done.

Some small tutorials like the message loop used in the examples might be a good idea.

EDIT:
Most of the command descriptions are still very basic like in the example: "This command will create a new window." XD

EDIT:
I decided to do the style descriptions right away, I simply copied them though.
I'm not that good with html so I don't know how to get a single lined table. Maybe somebody here can help XD.
Attachment: New file for command "BBB WINDOW_ADDTOOLTIP" with nicest possible style-table I could come up with.

Attachments

Le Verdier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2012 15:38
Hi,

I'm new to BBB
so first, great thanks to Brendy Boy for providing this plugin to the community and the others contributors...

My question is:
If the DBPro window is setup as a child window as a 3D viewport
and when it is selected by clicking on it, the title bar of the parent frame become inactive, that looks odd...
BlueGUI behaves like this too.

to prevent this, i used code like this:

#Constant NCACTIVATE 0x0086
Call DLL User32DLL, "SendMessageA", Window, NCACTIVATE, 1, 0

and handle window activation/deactivation manually.

Is there something to process this natively in BBB?

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 03:06
FINALLY!! New posts STAY HIGHLIGHTED even when you switch pages! Because if the new posts were on the last page of the thread, they wouldn't highlight blue because when you changed page to the last page they dehighlighted. Thankyou TGC!

Sorry. I know, this thread is about BBBGui, not TGC's forum's abilities.

But back on topic: BBBGui is cool! However - Brendy Boy, is there a way to make 4 separate DBPro camera viewports using BBBGui? I am trying to write a world editor similar to CS4, 3DWS and MapScape. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, Evolved has released MapScape for free here, so you can test it and see what I mean.

Thanks,
Clonkex

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 03:29 Edited at: 7th Feb 2012 03:30
Quote: "Is there something to process this natively in BBB?"

I don't know, probably, i will have to take a look at this and see if i can make that possible

Quote: "Brendy Boy, is there a way to make 4 separate DBPro camera viewports using BBBGui?"

No, This is a GUI plugin. That feature has nothing to do with gui, it's directx. I have another plugin which does that but i haven't released it to the community ...yet!

Quote: "Evolved has released MapScape for free here, so you can test it and see what I mean"

You can achieve the same effect using 4 camera viewports and puting a splitter between them

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2012 04:12
That's what I meant. Just using BBBGui to create the spaces for the DBPro cameras. The problem is that I couldn't figure out what to use to do that. Splitters. Ok.

Thanks for your help
Clonkex

Le Verdier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 22:24
Hi,

I'll need to use a treeview in my project and I thought to some interesting functions to be included in the plugin:

Here are these in darkbasic:

1)
TreeView_SetItemTextBold(TreeView, Item, TextBold)
self explanatory...

2)
To set and get a data, a 32-bit pointer or a table index...
TreeView_SetItemData(TreeView, Item, ItemData)
TreeView_GetItemData(TreeView, Item)

But the problem is these functions interfere with the treeview generated itemId and I dont know how if this causes other trouble...

3)
BBB TREEVIEW_INSERTITEM
It's could be interesting to add and option 'insert after item' to this function so that the items can be sorted if necessary

Hope this could be helpful..

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2012 03:25
Quote: "TreeView_SetItemTextBold(TreeView, Item, TextBold)"

will add that in next update

Quote: "2)
To set and get a data, a 32-bit pointer or a table index...
TreeView_SetItemData(TreeView, Item, ItemData)
TreeView_GetItemData(TreeView, Item)

But the problem is these functions interfere with the treeview generated itemId and I dont know how if this causes other trouble..."

item data parameter is used to store the item ID. Treeview control doen't have an id by default, that's a feature that i implemented for bbb gui. Will have to work something out and this commands will probably be added in next update

Quote: "3)
BBB TREEVIEW_INSERTITEM
It's could be interesting to add and option 'insert after item' to this function so that the items can be sorted if necessary"

i will take this into consideration, can't promise it for the next update

Fvanstav
Years of Service
User Offline
I've installed what I think of as the latest version of BBB GUI on My Windows 7, SP1 system. This is an HPE-460E, AMD Phenom II, 1075T, 6 processor machine with 8 gig of ram available.

When I try to compile any of the examples, the system says:
Compilation Failed (No exe created)

Here's some of the BBB Gui info that may help with diagnosis:

2010-07-12 22:01 Compiler\plugins-user\BBB GUI.dll
2010-07-12 20:40 Editor\Keywords\BBB GUI.ini

What the heck am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for you time,

Frank

Frank
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 16:30
@Fvanstav

before you installed "BBB Gui Plugin"

were you able to create ?

I've read that windows 7 has to be kicked several times
to that DBP work with it .. well every program has to be
rammed though it dumb head before it works

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 16:41
Resourceful

come on my boy... you know where to link to XD

or be thou name not Resourceful

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 16:58
@MrValentine

I'm running windows xp pro joke not the other 2 windows jokes

as for "link to XD" I know nothing about that

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 18:41
which other two? I doth remember BSOD...

I was wondering if he setup his Win 7 properly for DBPro...

Fvanstav
Years of Service
User Offline
DBP works fine with Windows 7. I've been able to compile a number of different samples from different things I've used in my programs.

This time it just fails to compile. Other things outside of BBB still work, however.

Frank

Frank
Fvanstav
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure my response made it in or if I clicked out and didn't post a response.

I'm able to compile things that are not related to BBB GUI.

Frank

Frank
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 00:54
@Fvanstav

your fist post showed up in my E-mail
but did not show up in the forum when I came to post

one though is the BBB Gui Plugin with windows 7 might need more permission
to be run since it the most paranoid windows out there

I know some ware in the forum I read about a special configeration file