Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BBB Gui Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 05:29
Hi Brendy,
I got it working. I don't know why it was not working before. Now it is working fine.
Quote: "This is correct sintax: TOOLBAR INSERT SEPARATOR toolbar_handle, index"

Ya it works when I put index as well.
Quote: "And one more thing: don't put * sign before variable name."

Ignore it, I wrote it just to make them separate.

One more thing, there are no help file with the plug in. If you want I can make the help file. Since, I hv lot of time right now and also, during this may be I would be able to learn the commands. If someone is writing the help file or if you are doing this by yourself then just ignore it.

Thank You

Your Signature Here;
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 05:47
Quote: "One more thing, there are no help file with the plug in. If you want I can make the help file. Since, I hv lot of time right now and also, during this may be I would be able to learn the commands. If someone is writing the help file or if you are doing this by yourself then just ignore it."

Two guys offered to help me make help some while ago but i haven't heard of them since. So if you are interested you can make a help template web pages as is described in help folder (or something else if you have better idea). When you are done just tell me and i'll prepare the text that you will put on those web pages.

"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrash
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 13:03
Hi Brendy,
i always read the updates for the BBB library.
But to do some features for a Mmorpg game i need some things, so i used my last weeks to study C++ and VB 2010 to see the property of widgets and how they can be used.
I wanted to know more on this.
Greetings,
i'll be back.

The Power System Developer
B++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 16:34 Edited at: 19th May 2010 16:35
HI Brendy,
Ok then, I will start making the pages. for right now I will make it according to your tamplates. During this if I will get some other idea then I will let you know.

Regards

Your Signature Here;
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th May 2010 03:18
Hey brendy, 1 more question.

What function can I use WM_MOVE in?

CHECK OUT SOME MUSIC FROM MY NEW TECHNO CD! TECHNOKINESIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8KedfgVv0
ALSO, CHECK OUT MY NEW TECHNO CD! http://www.imageposeidon.com/
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 05:07
WM_MOVE is an event that is returned from EVENT GET MESSAGE command when any of existing windows changes it's position (when you move it with the mouse)

"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrash
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th May 2010 06:30
so

if EVENT GET MESSAGE() = WM_MOVE

?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 06:38
yes, if event get message()=WM_MOVE then window, whose handle you can get with EVENT GET HANDLE, has moved

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 20th May 2010 22:07
what do u mean "then window"?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 22:14
I mean this:

get event
h=event get handle()
m=event get message()
if m=WM_MOVE
`Window with handle stored in variable h was moved
endif

B++
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 19:13
Hi Brendy,
got a little confusion. In the command menu page i started as follows,

CORE COMMAND
WINDOW COMMAND
UPDOWN CONTROL
etc etc

in ur keywords ini file there are two commands called,

GET MODIFIED CONTROL
GET MODIFIED CONTROL EVENT

in which group it will belong?
and from GET EVENT to SEND EVENT i included all commands in CORE COMMAND MENU page. If u don't want it there then i will exclude it.

Regards

Your Signature Here;
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 22:59
Put them all in core commands.

Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2010 23:37 Edited at: 6th Jun 2010 23:39
Brendy boy how would go about making a message box that says loading and then closes itself when the program tells it too. I can make the message box but am puzzled as to how I can get the box to close itself. Also I have want to make something that kind of acts like a library of for different map pieces that I can use and am wondering how I might go about doing this.

BTW awesome job with this plugin.

I am mother and father, but never nurse.I'm rarely still, but I never wander. What am I? See my sketch
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 02:00 Edited at: 7th Jun 2010 02:01
You cant can't close a message box without clicking on a button within it. And also when message box pops up the program stops from running until you close it so the thing you want is impossible.
You can achieve what you want by using normal window and attaching a label with the "message box" text in it. Then you can close that window with close window command or destroy window command.

Quote: "Also I have want to make something that kind of acts like a library of for different map pieces"

You can make a listview with images where every image would be separate image in that list->check listview example.

Quote: "BTW awesome job with this plugin."

thanks

Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 02:20
Thanks man.

I am mother and father, but never nurse.I'm rarely still, but I never wander. What am I? See my sketch
Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 03:37
Sorry for the double post but if you can do you think you can add a command that gets the active imagelist of a listview.

Something that could mirror this command listview set imagelist but listview get imagelist

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 03:55
yes, i think i can add that command

Stefan p
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 03:57
K, thanks if you could send me an email when you have it added.

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 07:57
Hey brendy, love the plug-in! id like some help here, im trying to make tabbed sections and so far, it got it to work with other windows which is great.

However, im unable to make these windows 'integrate' into the main dbpro window. Could you please explain to me how this can be done?

Thanks,
Tyler

PS. i uploaded a screenshot of my program, in case you need some visual aid for what im trying to say

Hmm...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 21:32
Quote: "K, thanks if you could send me an email when you have it added."

I will

Quote: "
However, im unable to make these windows 'integrate' into the main dbpro window. Could you please explain to me how this can be done?"

Are you trying to attach the tab control to dbpro's window so it won't be in a separate window?
If yes, set dbpro's window handle as parent window of a tab control. You can get dbpro's window handle with GET DBPRO WINDOW command.

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 10:37
I have the tab control attached to the main dbp window, but the other windows that are children to those tabs are not, they are separate windows that can be moved around, im trying to get them stuck in place

If you are confused by my request, you can add me on MSN (tyler_5393@hotmail.com) and we can further discuss there if you wish. Alternatively, just reply and ill check back often

Thanks,
Tyler

Hmm...
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 22:36
Quote: "but the other windows that are children to those tabs are not, they are separate windows that can be moved around, im trying to get them stuck in place"

when creating those windows put WS_CHILD as style parameter

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 13:07 Edited at: 13th Jun 2010 13:24
did that, still the same please take a look at my code below for the tabbed windows, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Also, i browsed your other forum post about your map and landscape tool, you said you used view ports for the 3d rendering areas, how can i take advantage of these?

Hmm...
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 00:06 Edited at: 14th Jun 2010 00:07
Have you included "BBB GUI CONSTANTS.dba" file in you project?

Quote: "Also, i browsed your other forum post about your map and landscape tool, you said you used view ports for the 3d rendering areas, how can i take advantage of these?"

Create 4 cameras and set the portion of window where each camera will be rendered with SET CAMERA VIEW. Create two splitters which will be placed verticaly and horizontaly between these areas where cameras are rendered. When splitter position changes update the camera view with new values. Thats the way of mimicing the Landscape & Map Creator behaviour- you can't create the exact thing that i did because BBB GUI plugin doesn't contain all the necessary commands.

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 15:54 Edited at: 17th Jun 2010 13:00
EDIT: well, i figured out i needed to turn sync on and now everything works except when using WS_CHILD the windows are now invisible and the screen is just black no matter which tab is pressed, The gui is visible, but the tabbed windows are not.

EDIT2: Well, after hours of toying with the code and looking through the example, it is finally how i want to be! many thanks for the help brendy.

Hmm...
Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 19:03 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2010 19:38
Another question, is it possible to make a window take advantage of 3D rendering? or would the DBP window have to do that, and if so - how would you go about make the DBP window a child of another window made by BBB Gui?

Regards,
Tyler

EDIT: Alright, i got the DBP window into another window, but it still holds its 'borders' even after i apply the WS_CHILD style, is there any possible way to get rid of the borders?

Hmm...
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 22:09
in DGDK(C++) it's dbSetWindowLayout ( 0, 0, 0 ), in BASIC, its probably SET WINDOW LAYOUT 0, 0, 0

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 23:55
Quote: "is there any possible way to get rid of the borders?
"

Try playing with WINDOW REMOVE STYLE and WINDOW REMOVE EXSTYLE commands. Maybe something like this: WINDOW REMOVE STYLE dbpro_w,WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW
Also try what Hassan suggested

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 18:54 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2010 19:25
Many thanks Hassan, that worked

EDIT: "What about getting windows made with BBB to render? is that possible at all?

Hmm...
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 21:36
Quote: ""What about getting windows made with BBB to render? is that possible at all?"

It is possible but not with BBB GUI plugin

Concept Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 22:35
alright, and can you think of anyway to successfully put the DBP window into a BBB GUI made window? we have tried as much as we can (me and my partner) and we can get it into the window seamlessly, but it wont render a thing. Now we have it out of the window ( the program is 2 windows) and it is rendering. (we would like to have just 1 window)

Any help on this matter would be great appreciated.

Regards,
Tyler

Hmm...
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 00:38
Quote: "Any help on this matter would be great appreciated."

I'll see what i can do.

sneaky smith12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 21:30
Ok, so I've seen a few posts on here asking how to change the styles, and I figured I'd find an answer for myself, and everyone else.

I'll give a brief synopsis of the tutorial, but to view the full tutorial go here.

Synopsis:

Steps:
1. Download Resource Hacker from Download.com (Freeware!)
2. Click and Drag the Ruby style into Resource Hacker.
3. Save as, and save it to something different (woo hoo back ups.)
4. Open the Bitmap list item.
5. Right Click an item to save it (if needed)
6. Right Click an item to replace it.
7. Make sure all phases are represented (ie normal, hover, clicked, disabled.)
8. Enjoy!

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 07:51 Edited at: 30th Jun 2010 13:01
Hey, is it possible to create detachable tool box menus? And a grey borer where the tool box used to be, or a new button to join minimise, maximize and close which is pin and unpin?

Also, none of the tool box commands work for me... I have no idea why :S Im calling them as if they are built in to DBPro, so not via a dll.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 22:05
Quote: "Hey, is it possible to create detachable tool box menus?"

Do you mean toolbars?
-No, it is not possible. That should be done in a plugin itself. That isn't a simple task so don't expect that feature anytime soon.

Quote: "Also, none of the tool box commands work for me"

Again, do you mean toolbars? If yes, does the toolbar example works for you?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 09:47 Edited at: 1st Jul 2010 22:06
From what I have seen it looks like Blue GUI can do this, and so I have bought that as I am on a very tight schedual and can't really wait for you to add it into your plugin.

And ye, I did mean toolbar

Why is this command now working?:

The windows all exist... I get the error:

The constant file is included before anyone asks

This now happens to quite alot of the commands

Please Read First

Okay, Ive found an example of what im trying to do. If you can tell me how to do this, all other problems are no longer relevant In the landscape and model editor you have made, you have the exact thing i am trying to accomplish. I have drawn a red circle around what I mean in the attached picture.

Its basically the embedded box you have managed to achieve here. Its not a new window, but it looks like a side window, but is actually part of the main window, if that makes any sense. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the rectangle command I dont seem to be able to get working...

Anyone got a solution?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 07:36
Quote: "Why is this command now working?:"

This command doesn't return a value so you cant specify parameters in brackets. Use it like this: draw rectangle w,20,20,100,100

Quote: "I have drawn a red circle around what I mean in the attached picture.

Its basically the embedded box you have managed to achieve here. Its not a new window, but it looks like a side window, but is actually part of the main window, if that makes any sense. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the rectangle command I dont seem to be able to get working..."

The thing inside red circle is a tab window which has 3 tab items. The black outline is standard feature of tab windows, it is not drawn separately with draw rectange or any other commands. You just need to create a tab window and it will have that outline, that's it.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 10:08 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 10:22
Thanks Your a life saver I love this plugin now One last cheeky request I dont suppose you could just write a bit of code showing how to make a tab menu to the right of the screen?

- Co-ordinates (540,0,640,480): at this resolution
- 3 tabs (so I can see the pattern and do it myself from now on)

Thanks Your brilliant I love this plugin

I have had a go myself, but I just get a black screen Heres the code i used:

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 10:50 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 10:51
Here's modified tab example:

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

This is an awesome plugin I now need to set up the tabs to resize with the window That shouldn't be too hard Thanks for all your help

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Me again

I was wondering if it is possible to add a start up screen to your main app? Have it so you are unable to click anything in the main screen until you have closed the start up screen

I was wondering this because I could have a loading bar on the start up showing when the app is loading (its getting quite big and theres alot to add) and then a button to click once its finished.

If you could get back to me soon that would be great

Thanks,

Arenas

sneaky smith12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 19:47
Quote: "I was wondering if it is possible to add a start up screen to your main app? Have it so you are unable to click anything in the main screen until you have closed the start up screen"

Fortunately, you don't need a plugin for this.

Yeah, it's that simple.

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I want it on a new screen and have the original screen in the background

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 20:40 Edited at: 4th Jul 2010 20:42
oh shoot, I wasn't viewing the last page.

ignore this post

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 20:45
I have a small problem when trying to run your dll. The project compiles successfully, but when it starts, it says it failed to load the dll "BBB gui.dll"...

What am I doing wrong? It does this with your examples too...

TheComet

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Place this command at the start of the program:

#include "BBB gui.dll"

(make sure the string is the location of your dll )

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 23:51
Quote: "I was wondering if it is possible to add a start up screen to your main app? Have it so you are unable to click anything in the main screen until you have closed the start up screen"

No, it is not.
But you can do this: disable all windows in you program except start up screen window and then when you click OK enable all the windows.

I will try to come up with something that will enable you to do something like that but don't except that feature before September.

Quote: "I have a small problem when trying to run your dll. The project compiles successfully, but when it starts, it says it failed to load the dll "BBB gui.dll""

Do you have c++ 2008 redistributables installed, if not google for them and install.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I will try to come up with something that will enable you to do something like that but don't except that feature before September."

Would it be possible to add a delete progress bar as well?

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2010 08:45
Quote: "Would it be possible to add a delete progress bar as well?"

use DELETE WINDOW command
As for your previous problem - i have another idea: you could place a transparent window over all other windows - that will prevent user from clicking on them, and when you click on ok button inside startup screen you just delete that transparent window - that will allow the user to click on windows normally. I'll upload a new version of the plugin with that feature in a couple of days

FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 08:41
Hey Brendy Boy, have you had any problems with this on vista? My game crashes only on vista, and Ive spent hours on it trying to debug it. And Im wondering if its something with the plugin. Maybe its just vista in general. Im just seein you you had any problems on vista.

Thanks

Dev team portal Email me to join the dev team!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:37:02