Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2011 03:01
I see you're doing a good job at fixing the bugs, keep up the good work hockeykid!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I see you're doing a good job at fixing the bugs, keep up the good work hockeykid!"

Yep, I just took a nap. Gonna get back to them in about an hour.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
I'm going on vacation for about 2 weeks, so I won't have my computer and the necessary files with me. Project Blue's list of bugs has been cut down to just 1, I will be working on fixing it as soon as I get back.

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2011 10:35
Enjoy your break!

[url="http://raptr.com/No_Turn_Right?src=em_forum"][/url]
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2011 20:05
So this isn't compatible with V1.18 final correct?

If so, that could explain my crashes when I decided to use Blue again.

[img][/img]
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 12:36 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 12:36
Hi hockeykid, I've noticed a few bugs and I'm not sure whether any of them are to do with me updating to 1.18 then reinstalling PB, because I had to get around the windows 7 SP1 issues.

-Player cannot be injured by other characters
-Muzzle flashes render on top of gun
-Large dynamic entities get clipped even when they should be visible on the screen
-Dynamic entities stop animating when too far away, even with Always Active set to Yes

Also, would you consider adding the anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering flags to PB? Lee said it only required a couple of lines of code and it makes a big difference to the graphics.

Thanks

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 23:10
Also, the ambience=X command seems to be overridden by the editor.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 04:47
So this is compatible with v1.18 latest?

If so, the latest download I got in my email does not work with it. So I have to get the latest sent.

[img][/img]
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 09:11 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 09:12
@Marc Steene Yeah, I'd go ahead and throw your bugs and request up on the Google Code page if I were you

I also hope that Hockeykid would add anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering, we really need them

New sig in the process of being made
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "add anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering"

As I know,Project Apex has this featured.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181943&b=21

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 23:33
It would still be nice as one last hurrah to PB

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,
I'm back from my vacation and will get back to fixing bugs in a few days.

Quote: "So this is compatible with v1.18 latest?"

No

Quote: "-Player cannot be injured by other characters
-Muzzle flashes render on top of gun
-Large dynamic entities get clipped even when they should be visible on the screen
-Dynamic entities stop animating when too far away, even with Always Active set to Yes"

Could you add those bugs to the google code issues list for me?

Quote: "Also, would you consider adding the anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering flags to PB? Lee said it only required a couple of lines of code and it makes a big difference to the graphics."

I'll consider it

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 06:57
Quote: ""So this is compatible with v1.18 latest?""

I'm curious as to how tired you are of hearing that question

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 14:07 Edited at: 5th Aug 2011 13:32
Quote: "I'll consider it"

Okay that's great Sorry to keep bugging you, but would you also consider adding flags to disable crouching and jumping? (Like plrcrouch=X or plrjump=X). These would be really useful when working with the camera commands, because if you crouch then offset the camera, it will usually go through the floor It would also have many other uses I'm sure everyone would appreciate too

EDIT: Also, right now you can use videobackdrop=X to display a loading video on the loading screen, however as soon as the level is done loading it begins. Would it be possible, if a video is playing, to show something like "Click to begin level" or when the video is done playing, start the level? That means we could have proper loading videos

EDIT2: In relation to the previous command, maybe have an unskippablevideo=X command so videos can't be skipped?

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2011 22:52
Quote: "I'm curious as to how tired you are of hearing that question"

My apologies, yet I don't have the time to search through this thread for the answer...

As for applying the anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering flags, that'd be awesome. But take your time buddy, after all you just got back.

[img][/img]
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2011 00:11
One more thing, when using the giveweap=X command, I always end up with a few hundred bullets in a single clip :S Do you know what determines the amount of ammo the gun has?

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2011 21:02 Edited at: 6th Aug 2011 09:27
REMOVED: NVM

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because it was too small.
light mod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2011 10:31 Edited at: 6th Aug 2011 10:32
sorry for the double post!
light mod
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I get the update for this mod?
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 15:00
Oh and another thing I've noticed, a few months back I sent Lee a message requesting if he could make all game sounds like dialogue and music pause when the game is paused (because it sounds silly if dialogue carries on playing when the game is paused) and he added that in to FPSC (must have been V1.18). Would it be possible to add that to PB too?

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 17:53 Edited at: 7th Aug 2011 17:54
@Marc Steene: I always love your ideas, Marc! If it were up to me this would be how I'd send PB off in style!

@light mod: If you've already purchased PB, when the update is out you'll receive it in an e-mail at the address you payed with

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 05:56 Edited at: 16th Aug 2011 06:00
@ exe corporations

well the depth of field is a script when attached to the player it gives you the blurry affect on your vision like in real life say you are trying to read a sign that says stop from 5 or ten feet away you can read it no problem right because your 5 or 10 feet away but the further you get away from that sign the more blurry it gets that is an example of depth of field simular to our vision in real life so the closer you are to an object the easier it is to see the further away you get the harder it is to see and things become blurry or fuzzy!! here is an example for you!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomad5oul#p/a/u/2/QgaL9XSsITY

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2011 12:46
One other thing I've noticed when working with variables is that if you play the level the first time it works fine, but the second time all variable-trigger events mess up. I think this is due to variables not being reset. Maybe an undeclareallvars command could be added so that if a level is replayed, all stored user created variables are deleted?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I just wanted to get on here and mention I have yet to get any updates for project blue. I don't know if I was missed or it went straight to my spam and was deleted. Sean, if possible could you send me the current update? Thanks.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Starmind, I've just resent the email

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Got it! Thanks!

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 05:25
Sorry, just a little confused. Is the final version out yet?
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 17:42
I don't know whether this is a problem at my end or not.
The respawn times are not the same. For example I am trying to respawn a gun, it is supposed to take 5 seconds so 500 and instead it takes 25 seconds. 10 seconds (1000) takes 50 seconds. Is this something to post on the google thread or am I doing something wrong?
pIx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2011 18:31
I just purchased PB and I have a problem.

Each time I try to test a level I get the FPSC-Game.exe has stopped working and soon after I get an error and the FPSC closes.
This happens even if the level is big or just a small one with few segments and no lightning.

I have FPSC v117 installed
and the newest PB

Followed the instructions that followed.

Computer spec:
3 Ghz Intel Dual-Core
6GB Ram
64-bit win7
ATI HD45** series 1GB ram

Also The downloader for the 1.8 beta does not download anything, yet it take ages to extract the FPSC-game.exe but the files is not in the folder I choose to download it to, also not in the temp folder.

Anyone have a workaround for my issues ?

Thanks alot!
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 01:51
@Hockeykid: Any updates? I saw on the Google Code page that issue 13 was started. Is it going well? You mentioned that you may ask Ply to get involved, how's that worked out? Have you decided whether or not to add Marc Steene's awesome feature requests like you were contemplating (I sure hope so )? Sorry if this is too many questions

Also, I just wanted to thank you. PB has opened up so many doors for FPSC that many never thought possible and it's become an invaluable resource to so much of the community. I know it must have been both difficult and time consuming taking over the project and dealing with so many users' expectations, questions, requests and complaints all while single-handedly maintaining and improving the most ambitious mod FPSC has ever seen. All the while maintaining Fenix mod and later creating Project Apex as well as working diligently on the official source during its biggest update (whilst in college no less). You did smashingly! More than that. I don't know if anyone else could have done all of this as well as you have. I'm not sure I can adequately thank you myself, but I hope you know that I don't have to... the entire community feels the same

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 06:02 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 06:04
Would it be possible for you to add a shader to the bulletholes? I was playing my xbox last night and I saw that the blood that hit the ground and wall used a simple shader effect like a bump.fx just enough to give it a thickness to the blood.

It just a thought. To help out I made some normals (download button) for the stock bulletholes. I think that it would be a great and simple addition to PB.

It's hard to see but the blood on the barrel has a normal map.

[href=http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/starmind001/?action=view¤t=bloodexample.jpg][/href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 07:47 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 07:49
Quote: "@Hockeykid: Any updates? I saw on the Google Code page that issue 13 was started. Is it going well?"

Hi, I haven't had time to work on PB lately. Though I think I'm going to try to knock out most of the bugs tomorrow. The last thing I was working on was issue 13, that's a pesky one.

Quote: "You mentioned that you may ask Ply to get involved"

I attempted to ask him if he had added any code that binds entities to their position (in regards to issue 13) though he couldn't remember.

Quote: "Oh and another thing I've noticed, a few months back I sent Lee a message requesting if he could make all game sounds like dialogue and music pause when the game is paused (because it sounds silly if dialogue carries on playing when the game is paused) and he added that in to FPSC (must have been V1.18). Would it be possible to add that to PB too?"

That shouldn't be a problem, though I'd appreciate it if you added it to the google code issues list. It'll make it easier to keep track of.

Quote: "Also, would you consider adding the anti-aliasing flags and anisotropic filtering flags to PB? Lee said it only required a couple of lines of code and it makes a big difference to the graphics."

Re-regarding this, it takes more than just a few lines, because of certain functions that are used that can't grab screen pixels when AA is on. Though I came up with a clever work-around in Project Apex, I will most likely add this once the bugs are out of the way.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 11:42
Cool, cool, cool and cool

Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 13:20
So, any idea what version of FPSC the final release of PB will be fully compatible with...1.18...1.19?
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 13:51
For the 7,852,999,638th time: v1.17

Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2011 14:49
Great.

And thanks for your patience.
feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
On the first page it says that it is compatible with 1.17 and 1.18beta 1. SO that means that if use use 1.18 beta 1, then it is possible to run Project Blue and the TF341 pack together?!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 06:40
Make sure that pack is compatible with the beta1 version of 1.18. If it is, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

~Plystire

A rose is only a rose until it is held and cherished -- then it becomes a treasure.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and the TF341 pack together?!"

The DarkAI has a bug right now in Project Blue, but I'm almost done fixing all the bugs. This one's been annoying me, but I should get it fixed soon.

Everyone else, I responded to some of the posted bugs on the Google Code issue list. I hadn't received any responses and couldn't confirm them myself, so I marked most of them as "invalid".

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 03:30 Edited at: 8th Oct 2011 14:38
@Hockeykid I know that you're diligently bug fixing and adding Marc's amazing suggestions, but is there room to add GUI x9 support in the final version as well?

[EDIT]: I just sent you an e-mail.

angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2011 17:32
I was just wondering why you guys don't help on the vanilla FPSC instead of PB because at the top it says that this has reached it's peak and can't go any further, and they always need more help for vanilla.

I appear to have burst into flames...
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2011 21:38
@angusm3 hockeykid does work on normal fpsc and its sad pb wont be worked on anymore bairly got any use out of it since nothing was really stable

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@angusm3 hockeykid does work on normal fpsc and its sad pb wont be worked on anymore bairly got any use out of it since nothing was really stable"

It's still awaiting its final update, but it's hard because I cannot reproduce all of the issues on the list.

feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
So will dark AI be available for the final version meaning we can use TF341?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So will dark AI be available for the final version meaning we can use TF341?"

I'm hoping that I'll be able to figure it out.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 20:55
@hockeykid thats good to hear there will be a final build i plan on getting your other mod too you have done great work

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
Any progress on the final version? or possible use of TF341?

The Man with the Golden Gun
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2011 22:59 Edited at: 11th Dec 2011 12:21
Quote: "Any progress on the final version? or possible use of TF341?"

I'm going to see if I have sometime this week to take another look, no promises though as I have exams this week too.

Sean

feedmelmao
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok take your time, this mod is just way too good and i really want to use it with TF341. Lol, i have exams this week too, haven't slept in 2 days

The Man with the Golden Gun
Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 15:12
Any news?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:24:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:24:34