Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 12:16
ok so tested what i can of 1.8a of pb i attached a screenshot my frame rate drop to "8" the guy in the pic is suppose to follow he stands in one spot doing the jitterbug firing threw the wall at nothing my crosshair is a big black box

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 12:17
sorry here is another pic with the correct black box screen

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL

Attachments

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 12:19
Quote: "It may be because you have full screen shaders enabled. If you remove the Mod.ini file, it should increase performance by a bit.
"

@Arenas,

And why should I remove a feature from 1.7 that I'm using just to get back lost FPS that isnt in 1.8?

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have a problem in PB where I can't even display my own custom hud.
All it does is flash through all the stock fpsc huds and stops.
What could be going wrong?
"

This code doesn't work, I still can't add custom huds and nothing comes up when I go 200 units near an entity. I have set this as the entities main script, but no avail
Any more help?
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 14:12
Hmmm, I'm no scipter, but looks to me like:
Quote: "hudfadeout=ronan1"

That is your problem. Make it so that it only goes away when the player is away from it.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok then.
So like:

?
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 15:39
Yeah, try that.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
It didn't work. It just cycles through all of FPSC's stock huds and sticks on one of the blood huds. This is really annoying.
@Hockeykid
You said PB v1.8 had V1.16 in it, but FPGCRAWTEXT doesn't work: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=162763&b=23
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline

you NEED the desc =

All other issues will be looked into so hold tight

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it may be one of lewis' video blocks, but as far as the performance reduction goes, i think it is the shaders.

Not sure what you were refeing to then

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah... hockeykid, could u eloborate this please...

About what i posted about cams and weapons.

Thanks in forward.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 00:02
Noticed a bug. The shader MB+B.fx does not work when a weapon is placed on the map. The same goes to some of the other shaders as well.

The only one I tried that worked fine no matter what was bloom.

Any ideas on a fix? Or am I the only one experiencing this problem?

[img][/img]
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 00:06
Really? MB+B works when I have a weap on the map...

Sorry Hockeykid...You are plagued by bugs that may not even exist. Some people say it doesn't, some say it does...I feel so bad for you.

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 00:07
Hi Cyclone

I'm also getting this issue.

Regards

DC

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 00:10 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 00:29
Quote: "MB+B works when I have a weap on the map"

Is it set as your default shader in the mod.ini?

Btw HockeyKid, I think it may be a good idea to create a project blue um bugs thread or something similar to fenix's. At least than you can split news and updates etc. From bugs.

EDIT: Just noticed the bug only occurs when I use any of EAI guns.

[img][/img]
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I am a bit confused here.
1. I have got my huds to appear, but now my entity will not follow waypoints, it just animates on the spot after moving to the first waypoint marker:

2: Why does the Shift+* shortcut work in a built game?
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 04:26
PB1.8a crashes even more then the last version....At saving textures both test and build games...it will crash....i'll have to set da lightmap texture size to 128 or lower and da quailty to about 35 or lower...this gives me ulgy lightmap shadows and some lights dnt even appear rite...even if it somehow passes dat "saving textures" part....it will crash at either "loading guns", or "loading da physics" or somewhere in between....The FPS is nothing major from the last version either...a few +5 and even +10 but dats in da least important areas...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "PB1.8a crashes even more then the last version....At saving textures both test and build games...it will crash....i'll have to set da lightmap texture size to 128 or lower and da quailty to about 35 or lower...this gives me ulgy lightmap shadows and some lights dnt even appear rite...even if it somehow passes dat "saving textures" part....it will crash at either "loading guns", or "loading da physics" or somewhere in between....The FPS is nothing major from the last version either...a few +5 and even +10 but dats in da least important areas..."

Well I never said anything about this update adding FPS

But if you would like your crashing issues fixed you will need to provide me with a better detailed and more structured reply.

Thanks

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 06:59
@TerrorNation:

Perhaps your character is caught on the ground? Try moving him up out of the floor a bit with PgUp.

The one and only,

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 09:39 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 09:41
Quote: "But if you would like your crashing issues fixed you will need to provide me with a better detailed and more structured reply. "

Thats exaclty what happens...i'll go into lil more detail then dat

At saving textures both test and build games...it will crash....i'll have to set da lightmap texture size to 128 or lower and da quailty to about 35 or lower...this gives me ulgy lightmap shadows and some lights dnt even appear rite...even if it somehow passes dat "saving textures" part....it will crash at either "loading guns", or "loading da physics" or somewhere in between....

Depending on the size of the map...Its Fine...but the map will have to be sort on entities and will have to be pretty small size... 10x15 play area or so is da max...even with few lights...I Dont understand as to why it does this...then im focred to set the lightmap texture size to 128 or lower and da quailty to about 35 or lower...

Detailed and more structured now?

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 11:40
Quote: "I think it may be one of lewis' video blocks, but as far as the performance reduction goes, i think it is the shaders."

It isn't, because both Lewis and I had fullscreen shaders enabled before this update.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice Ply I'll try it and update you on whether it works.

PS I'm still wondering how the player reset Shift+* shortcut is still functional in a built game.
Other than that, I have had no problems with PB 1.8a at all
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 15:31 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 16:45
Quote: "Project Blue v1.8a has been sent out"

We have not received anything yet.

Cheers

Mike

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 15:48
Ughhh, I'd hate to post another bug yet full screen shaders don't seem to be working in built games.

Also I still have not found a fix for the issue I have found earlier regarding certain weapons and entities causing the FS3 system to show a black screen.

[img][/img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting the autofire sound bug with 1.8a. The one where sometimes the fire sound keeps repeating after you shoot. Haven't yet narrowed down surefire repro. Anyone else getting this?
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 16:00 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 17:11
I have not noticed anything yet.

I've tried stock, model pack 5 ones and yours.

EDIT: noticed another bug. setfullscreen shader command is not working. Ughhh its as if everything to do with shaders is buggy.

[img][/img]
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 16:13 Edited at: 21st Feb 2010 16:13
@ Errant AI
I had a little bug which played the shot sound when I was running across the map when using a stock weapon. Yours were fine
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 16:30
I also get the black box crosshair glitch-however only when I have motionblur applied to weapons. Other than that, perfect.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We have not received anything yet."

I will resend your copy although I do remember you on the send list .

Quote: "I'm getting the autofire sound bug with 1.8a. The one where sometimes the fire sound keeps repeating after you shoot. Haven't yet narrowed down surefire repro. Anyone else getting this?"

If you discover steps on how I can reproduce it please tell so I can look into it.

Quote: "I also get the black box crosshair glitch-however only when I have motionblur applied to weapons. Other than that, perfect. "

Well at least we can blame this one on Ply There might be a way to fix this without me having to alter the engine, ill ask Ply for you and get back to you ASAP

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 18:19
Thanks Hockeykid.

Can't wait for Fenix Mod to be integrated. Though I can imagine problems with conflicting commands.

I am getting a few other glitches, but I think those are caused by my computer. I've noticed that glitches arise when you have an extremely low framerate. And I have a horrible graphics card. (Curse you, Radeon HD3200!!) So when I get my new one on Monday, I'll get back to you on it.

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 18:33
Quote: "I'm getting the autofire sound bug with 1.8a. The one where sometimes the fire sound keeps repeating after you shoot. Haven't yet narrowed down surefire repro. Anyone else getting this? "

That always happened to me with all PB versions if you spam your shots then reload while holding the fire button, I believe.

New Site is up! Go check it out!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 18:35
Quote: "I will resend your copy although I do remember you on the send list"

Thanks Hockeykid. I just checked now... it's there

Cheers

Mike

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
to be a beta tester its necesary to have bought Project blue??

We are watching you
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
... i did noticed the performance is VERY poor in 1.8a.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 20:10
yes i agree when characters are on the screen the framerate drop even with one character. the duel timer is way off.

more than what meets the eye
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 21:01
Dynamic objects are having problems with light in PB1.8

I have attached an image showing the difference in my Egyptian game from PB1.7 -> PB1.8

A lot of dynamic objects are now shown in full light even in dark areas.

I don't remember this bug from beta testing an early PB1.8 build when Plystire was still handling code so it might be caused by a recent change.

Does anyone else have the same problems with lighted dynamic objects? It's a real killer for my game at least.

Attachments

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 02:08
Quote: "There might be a way to fix this without me having to alter the engine, ill ask Ply for you and get back to you ASAP "

There is a fix. You need to make the crosshair image background transparent rather than black so the engine doesn't need to make it transparent.

I haven't got any issues with the full screen shaders, thats all working great in test and built games. One thing to note is the effectbank files required for full screen shaders do not get copied into a built game so you have to copy them across manually.

The performance in PB v1.8a does seem to be worse than PB v1.7 although I think we need to provide Hockeykid with some actual benchmarks on the same level in each version to be a bit more helpful.

I agree there should be a seperate PB v1.8 bugs thread so Hockeykid doesn't have to traul through so many posts to get a definitive list of things to work on.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 04:36
Thank you for posting that, Nomad Soul.

To clarify, the black crosshairs are due to using non-transparent image formats for your crosshairs such as JPG or BMP. If you create crosshairs using the PNG format, you can make the background of the image transparent on your own. You could use GIMP or Paint.NET for this, since I don't believe MS Paint does transparency at all. In any case, that will solve your crosshair issue.

Quote: "Well at least we can blame this one on Ply"

I had my reasons.

The one and only,

LoneWolf007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 13:58
Not sure if I want to buy Project Blue v1.8. It seems that a lot of people are having problems with it.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@hockeykid
Would it be possible for you to ask knxrb if you could include FPSC IP into Project Blue, because he said he would kindly answer any requests if (at the time) BlackFox sent him an email regarding the possibility?
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 21:51
Ok.

It will be annoying, though, to go through every gun I have and fix the crosshairs...

But seriously, I only recently bought PB and could not be happier. Thanks to S4, Ply, Blackfox, Hockeykid, and anyone who was ever a part of the team. This is truly great.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Would it be possible for you to ask knxrb if you could include FPSC IP into Project Blue, because he said he would kindly answer any requests if (at the time) BlackFox sent him an email regarding the possibility?"

Sorry i'm not adding the support for it, I actually even have the code myself + Ply's the one that wrote the code. The reason I will not is because of more personal issues, we'll leave it at that.

Quote: "It will be annoying, though, to go through every gun I have and fix the crosshairs..."

Ply did this for a reason to fix a bug that would happen if he didn't do this. I have thought of a way to bring crosshairs back to how they are with stock without his bug that he was dealing with(its just a matter of some new code and a few tests).

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 22:19 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 22:19
Ok I didn't realise there were complications in that way hockeykid.. Sorry about that.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 22:20
Hooray.

So I'll just need to wait for another update? In which case yay! Waiting is easier than going through each guns and editing it. Obviously.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 22:50 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2010 01:00
Well, I'm doing a fresh second install of FPSC. As in I'll have my main folder and a clean fresh one for testing purposes. I used to do this back when i had two versions and it worked quite nicely.

Anyways point is, I'm going to see if I still encounter any bugs. If not than great, if so than obviously its a hardware error on my part.

EDIT AFTER OBSERVATIONS: Okay, after a fresh install and testing I can happily say I have not noticed any of my previous bugs! Heck not one bug has been brought to my attention thus far! Tho one thing I can confirm is that the speeds/performance is weaker in this version.

BUG REPORT: Well, well...I finally figured out what is causing the black screen with certain shaders. Whenever I edit the setuplevel.fpi in mygame it occurs. The default one has no issues. Heck even something as simple as editing the ambience in it causes the black screen error. So to those having a black screen with certain Full Screen Shaders. I advise you to grab the template setuplevel.fpi and replace it with your current one.

[img][/img]
wayne davis rocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 01:29
does right mouse button work with this mod as it doesnt with fenix so no picking anything up, also does the antigravity platform work in this mod as it doesnt in fenix

Wayne Davis Band
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Blackfox, sent you an email

Hope This Helps
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 15:11
Are anyone else having problems with overly bright dynamic objects like I do after switching to PB1.8? (see my earlier post w/image for details). None have commented on it so it might just be my game.

TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 18:01
I have some kind of a bug. Everytime I start a testgame with Project Blue 1.8, the player is completely locked, until I press the left mouse button.
It's not that bad, but it's a bit annoying.

Best,
TheK

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
do i need to buy PB v1.8 for being a beta tester?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:43:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:43:35