Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 18:11
@Thek: rooh, it's a standart 1.16 fpsc 'bug'. Not Hockey's fault.
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 18:13
Oh... I didn't know that. Just noticed it after I installed 1.16 and put Project Blue in.

Best,
TheK

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 19:34
Quote: "Are anyone else having problems with overly bright dynamic objects like I do after switching to PB1.8? (see my earlier post w/image for details). None have commented on it so it might just be my game."

Yup. But I don't think it's a project blue V1.8 Bug...This issue appeared on me while i was using FPSC V1.16.18 without PBV1.8...it happened with few objects...This was some stock doors and guns...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 21:16
Like Cyclone I have the black screen bug with motion blur shader (bloom works like a charm). But strangely, it only occurs when I put a weapon in the level (even if I don't pick it) and only when I'm looking to the North ...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 14:15 Edited at: 24th Feb 2010 17:25
It seems strange there would be a performance drop from PB v1.7 to PB v1.8a just for the code being ported from FPSC v115 to v116 with a few bug fixes but I agree thats the case. I hope Hockeykid can take a look into that.

As I'm sure everyone will be aware, Lee is adding ragdoll into X9 from v117 which is due to begin beta next week. It will also use the latest version of ODE which will give us a timer based physics engine!

Therefore I think we should treat PB v1.8 as more of a community beta test for bug reporting as I'd rather Hockeykid spends his PB development time porting the code to V117 at a later date (and hopefully Dark AI / particles from Fenix v1.1)

If we can get a combined PB / Fenix mod release for FPSC v117 with all that will bring, this will be the best thing to happen since FPSC v1.0.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you discover steps on how I can reproduce it please tell so I can look into it."

I can repro 100% with the couple weapons I tried by doing the following:

(must be a full-auto weapon)

1.In gunspec, add noautoreload=1 (not sure if related or not)
2.deplete magazine until one ammo remaining.
3.Press and hold fire button.
4.Observe the last round fired and fire sound will loop until reloaded and press fire again.

-Only affects weapons in right hand.
-Only affects full-auto weapons.
-Only happens if one shot remaining (2 or more and trigger held until empty does not cause the bug).
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
What could be wrong with my scripts here?
I want a hud to appear once all the targets are destroyed in an area.

Trigger Zone for checking if the variable target has reached 3:

Target Main script in increase variable when enough damage is taken to destroy it:

Trigger Zone to set and declare variable target:

Any help?
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
The only thing I see that could possibly be wrong is the
Quote: ":;Artificial Intelligence Script"

at the top of the first script. I haven't tested anything so I don't know if it'll work or not.

Hope This Helps
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 04:02 Edited at: 25th Feb 2010 04:02
:state=1,varequal=target 3:hudshow=ronan7,timerstart

It's because the above statement is always true when you have 3 targets, so will keep resetting the timer. I've added a fixed script below. I also cleaned up some of your coding to make it more efficient.

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = hud

;Triggers
:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\Level1\Ronan7.tga,hudname=ronan7,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,dimvar=target,setvar=target 0,state=1
:state=1,varequal=target 3:etimerstart,state=2
:state=2:hudshow=ronan7
:state=2,etimergreater=3000:state=3
:state=3:hudfadeout=ronan7,state=4
:state=4:state=4

With the above script you do not need the declaration script as that has been merged with my one.

EDIT: I also replaced the stock timer with etimer.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 18:00
*IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM LEE*
An official announcement will follow, but I wanted to give you an informal heads-up that I have recruited the help of hockeykid, who has kindly agreed to help bring the migration version to you a lot quicker than would otherwise have happened. You can treat his posts and feedback as if they are my own as he now has the same powers as myself to affect code fixes, changes and upgrades to the official version. Some of you might be familiar with his pedigree when it comes to modding, and I am sure you will welcome his contributions in the weeks and months to follow.

I will be on holiday for a week from Sunday, but you will be in safe hands as hockeykid assembles a master list for the migration work, and begins implementing those features best suited to his past experiences and skills. Please bear with us, as we are only two right now, so these features will only come one or two at a time, but rest assured the drum roll as begun
*IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM LEE*

@Hockeykid - I think this is great news but would like to know what your PB plan is regarding Fenix v1.1 and FPSC V117 integration.

It seems you will taking a lot of work on to support Fenix / Project Blue and the official FPSC migration work.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Marc Steene
Thanks for that script Marc I tried using etimer before but I thought it only worked on entities not trigger zones
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Hockeykid - I think this is great news but would like to know what your PB plan is regarding Fenix v1.1 and FPSC V117 integration. "

Yes I have joined Lee with the Official FPSC but fear not Project Blue will not be forgotten. I will be honest though my top priority is not Project Blue (it goes Official, Project Blue, and Fenix Mod). Production may slow down for a little while but will not stop. A big help would be some wanted features (I would prefer you list ones that are NOT going to be apart of future updates of FPSC. When the source for those updates are released to the public Project Blue will get the features).

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
How quickly will ragdoll be finished?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 23:22
Quote: "How quickly will ragdoll be finished?"

Sooner than you think.

Last I heard, Lee already had a great beta for ragdoll working. Just kinks and niches to work out of it before it's good to go. Though, I'd advize we be patient with both Lee and hockeykid on the official features.... or better yet, let's just be patient all around.

Quote: "A big help would be some wanted features"

Scripted flak!!!

The one and only,

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 00:10
Quote: "Scripted flak!!! "

That HAS to be done. You'd be able to come up with so many things like C4, flashbangs, smoke grenades, all sorts!

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I reckon multiplayer flak would be an incredible addition. I'm not sure that lee and hockey are taking on challanges that big but it would be incredible

Also, I have mentioned this before, but i never get a reply. The coding is incredibly easy and i have offered it in a donation before but no reply. Just a little file whch records your deaths and kills and a little file which allows you to bypass the menu screen of an arena game and go straight in to the game (second one is the easiest with a modified FPI and 10 or so lines of code ).

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 09:15
First off,I want stability when building so it wont crash for every small thing.Then its framerates and timer-based system.Then comes AI and everything else.

A.K.A djmaster
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes performance an shader bugs fixs are the most important thing for now.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 13:59 Edited at: 26th Feb 2010 14:00
Here is my feature wishlist for Project Blue in priority order:

1. Dark AI
2. Particles
3. FPSC v117 integration (ragdoll and timer based physics)
4. Any possible performance improvements

I've chosen Dark AI and Particles first because they are already in Fenix so I'm hoping it won't take a lot of work to migrate them and would be a huge benefit to Project Blue.

FPSC v117 integration is a natural step when the final source is released and will give us ragdoll and timer based physics!

After that it would be great to spend some time optimising the integrated PB / v117 code to provide best possible performance with all the best features present.

Given how busy hockeykid is now I think we should cherry pick the best features from Fenix v1.1 and get those added to PB instead of waiting for the full migration which may take a long time.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That HAS to be done. You'd be able to come up with so many things like C4, flashbangs, smoke grenades, all sorts! "

Perfect! This could be such a great addition (especially to your alpha project )

@Lewis
I had a go at emulating your crosshair script in my game, and realised it's definitely harder than it looks
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 21:54
Yes, I think scripted flak is a must. Then we could bug Errant to whip us up a crossbow or something.

But really, scripted flak would be great.

And if you could enhance multiplayer (flak, really anything) that'd also be great.

And quick question...With all the mods now in Fenix, how many are allowed to go into PB?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 23:30
If multiplayer really is going to get any better, we need a few different hitboxes, really. Last time I played multiplayer it was boring and I just kept getting killed by a guy with a big sniper. If we have multiple hitboxes for arms, chest, head and legs, it will make gun damage much more dynamic.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 04:20
Sorry for double post but the FPS hit I was complaining about happens whenever a weapon is equipped. Lewis can confirm this as well. Very annoying, I hope you get it fixed.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sorry for double post but the FPS hit I was complaining about happens whenever a weapon is equipped. Lewis can confirm this as well. Very annoying, I hope you get it fixed."

Thanks you for the information this should help me figure it out.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 06:27
Just for informations sake, it's not because of weapon scripts either. It's just whenever a weapon is equipped. This problem is in 1.7 also however. In 1.8 the FPS slowdown was global, even without a weapon equipped.

What was added in 1.8 that wasnt in 1.7?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What was added in 1.8 that wasnt in 1.7?"

Just FPSC V1.16

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 06:54
Maybe it's the source to 1.16 that's slowing it down. Have you done a speed test for normal unmodded 1.15 against unmodded 1.16? If there is a fps difference then it may be that.

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 09:30
i tried to add a video background to my game, used the backdropvideo command in my titlepage.fpi but i get a blue screen... i use .wmv

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad to hear your part of the Official FPS Creator hockeykid, can't wait to see what you do with it!
Quote: "A big help would be some wanted features"

Scripted flak all the way

Hope This Helps
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 17:43
Quote: "i tried to add a video background to my game, used the backdropvideo command in my titlepage.fpi but i get a blue screen... i use .wmv
"

Blue screen of death?

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 17:44
no, just blue screen with the huds (background)

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "no, just blue screen with the huds (background)"

try .avi, that should work better.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Hockeykid
Sent you an e-mail about the ragdoll error I am having.
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 18:34
Probably been asked before, but if i own an earlier version, are the updates free, or do i need to rebuy?

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
The updates are free.
Kfgus3
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys do you think this mod is worth buying for someone who has no idea how to script ( but I can learn ) and only uses FPSC as a hobby?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hockeykid, will the ragdoll shown in the migration thread be included in Project Blue soon? (as in next release). I cant wait for it For now im just gonna use fpsc with ragdoll me thinks

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 10:42
Quote: "worth buying for someone who has no idea how to script"

Even if you didn't use any of PBs scripting features, you would still get a huge performance increase, full screen shaders, and a range of other features. Of course, scripting will greatly expand the program.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 12:26
Quote: "Hey guys do you think this mod is worth buying for someone who has no idea how to script ( but I can learn ) and only uses FPSC as a hobby? "

Like Marc said, it would be better than stock FPSC (One of my favorites is motion blur ) but it would be even better to learn how to script. I would recommend reading some tutorials. It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 16:38
Quote: "Hockeykid, will the ragdoll shown in the migration thread be included in Project Blue soon? (as in next release). I cant wait for it"

I think all bug fixing for Project Blue v1.8a should be delayed until the mod has been integrated with FPSC V117 so we get ragdoll and timer based physics.

When we have Project Blue with V117 and Dark AI that will be seriously awesome.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having a problem with PB and a 'warped mesh'. I ran test game and it worked fine, then I added some scripts and then the map suddenly just ended up looking horrible like this (attached).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 23:47
I think ceasing bug fixing for ANY feature would be a big no-no. Bugs should be fixed ASAP, regardless of the situation.

@TerrorNation:

What scripts did you add before that started happening?

The one and only,

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 00:47
Good point Ply.

I don't know the source well enough to know how difficult it is for you guys to upgrade to the latest version so I trust whatever decision is made.

I'm looking forward to seeing whatever features Hockeykid comes up with for the official FPSC v117 and the next PB release.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ply
I realised the problem. I wasn't a script I added some dodgy FPSC stock segment and it warped the mesh. I got rid of it and it's back to normal .
Now to make a quick backup..
Scott15000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 07:36
I'm having a problem with the Full Screen shaders, nothing ever happens. I keep looking back at the instructions to check if i'm doing something wrong but i'm doing exactly what it tells me to do. Is there something I might be forgetting? (I'm extremely new at this) I really need some help.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 11:26 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 11:44
Where is the download for this? There is a demo? Nothing on the front page, had to look through the whole thread, nothing again, did a search the only thing I find is this,
http://www.handwesta.com/pbmod/index.php
Says its the official site, no download, looks like a spam site, ranked number one on google, its just got a backlink now as well. Where is the download to try this?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 12:36
@Fallen One, there is no 'demo', and you need to pay for it, but there is the free edition, Project Green which is on this board. A quick search shall find your destination

dxdragon86
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 16:36
Get the new Project blue update Ragdoll?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 19:14
Quote: "there is no 'demo', and you need to pay for it, but there is the free edition, Project Green"

Project Green -
Feature-list comparison:
Contains all of Project Blue v1.6 final
Which are? As there is no web page for Project Blue, then I dont know the feature list.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 21:00
Quote: "Project Green -
Feature-list comparison:
Contains all of Project Blue v1.6 final
Which are? As there is no web page for Project Blue, then I dont know the feature list."

We have both Project Blue and Project Green lists on our website, in the Mods section.

http://fps-media.mk-tek.com

Cheers

Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 16:19:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 16:19:09