Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 21:42
Quote: "non-FPSC"

No. We need him. Get that horrible word out of your sentance right now mister!

I agree Hockeykid. I don't care who's right/wrong, but I can't take fighting of any kind. It doesn't matter the situation. When they say to solve your problems with words, they mean nice words.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 22:49 Edited at: 5th Mar 2010 23:21
Thank you for the kindly worded rebuttle, CapnBuzz. I know what everyone is wanting and unfortunately, I cannot provide it. Only the person working on the project can provide an elaborate and accurate list of actions to be taken. The way I had always done things as a modder, though, was: optimize where able, research what it is 90% of the people want, implement it, rinse and repeat. With the "I think this would be pretty cool" feature thrown in now and then.
For the record, though, the modder is not under contractual obligation to provide to the customer's every breaking whim. No where has it been stated that PB will continue to add stuff until the end of eternity. I can understand if customers are waiting for a feature that has been promised by the modder, but they should also exercise patience and restraint, failing to do so will not make matters any better.

@Marc:
Word count much appreciated... sort of.
I agree with you about the manual needing rewriting and I'm sure hockeykid would welcome anyone's help with that task. It's a daunting task when you look at it.

@Scene Commander:

Understandable. One must prioritize, after all.

@Nomad Soul:

At this point in time, yes it is very much to ask for. Merging is not a cake walk. I wish it was as simple as copy/paste, but it's not. Copying and pasting code is only going to lead to disaster and a very broken Mod.

Time will need to be taken before such as thing will be seen. Hockeykid obviously has some priorities right now. Mainly, the way I see it, he wants to get the migration work as thoroughly written as he can and provide the community with a nice V1.17 release before looking at optimizing/rewriting Horror Mod code and then implementing/merging/rewriting more/optimizing Mods into Project Blue.
At times, it's wonderful for the modder to get ideas from the population of users, but at times such as this, perhaps patience is needed a bit more.

As for me helping hockeykid with coding. When I have time, I tend to help him look over things that he has troubles with... that's about it and mostly, he ends up figuring it out before I come online to answer his question. So, he's doing a great job there.

The one and only,

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 23:07 Edited at: 5th Mar 2010 23:08
Quote: "Or do you think that you have to be the only one to have the source to make you some kind of demi god above all other modders? "

This gives me an idea about Hockeykid's badge:

...sorry!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 23:33
Here's yours:

...sorry!

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2010 23:44 Edited at: 5th Mar 2010 23:47
Man, this meant to be only a 'funny' joke, nothing against you at all (I'm 90% agree with what you wrote here), but you don't look like a fun guy.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 00:46
Please, could we keep this thread clean of the "personal issues", badge garbage, etc? Some of us that purchase this mod come in this thread to look up useful information, and grow tired of sifting through un-related posts.

On topic...

Ply, I meant to ask if the video links you had in the manual were still current and going to remain permanently? We sometimes refer/direct people to them when we get questions on the mod and find them very useful.

Cheers

Mike

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 03:01
Quote: "Man, this meant to be only a 'funny' joke, nothing against you at all (I'm 90% agree with what you wrote here), but you don't look like a fun guy. "

Can send a joke out but cant take one back? Shame.

Quote: "Ply, I meant to ask if the video links you had in the manual were still current and going to remain permanently? We sometimes refer/direct people to them when we get questions on the mod and find them very useful."

What would be a good idea is to make a youtube channel devoted only to Project Blue, with all the videos and that upload to that!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 03:30
Quote: "What would be a good idea is to make a youtube channel devoted only to Project Blue, with all the videos and that upload to that!"

I don't use You Tube and am not familiar with it. Do the links expire or remain until the poster takes down the video? We would like to add the links to our site and just wanted to be certain they were remaining.

Cheers

Mike

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 03:31
Quote: "I don't use You Tube and am not familiar with it. Do the links expire or remain until the poster takes down the video? We would like to add the links to our site and just wanted to be certain they were remaining.

Cheers

Mike"

Youtube videos would stay there unless the author would take them down.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 03:37
This is what i want...It might just be alot to ask. Easier said then done i supose.

1. Speed.
2. FPSC to crash less.

Thats all. Everything else would be nice. Not asking for the crazy stuff. Just FPSC to run fine and crash less so my games can be build instead of staying in "test game mode".

If it is too much im sorry.

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 07:29
No problem, Blackfox. I don't take down my videos (except that one really really old water video that people INSISTED commenting useless .. er -- blurbs all over) so feel free to link people to them. If they become a hot spot for useless comments, I won't take the video down, but I may disable commenting on them.

@4125:

I think we all want that, and we'll gladly bring it to you at whatever rate we possibly can.

The one and only,

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 12:26 Edited at: 6th Mar 2010 12:41
Coming back to some of the commands in PB, is there any way to disable the player from shooting? I know Fenix has the command disablefire, but I was wondering if PB had a command similar to it?

If not, I'll wait for the integration of Fenix.
PS and can we add water? (Lemur V2)
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 13:00
I haven't tested it yet, but this can be done with a weapon script (It's clearly explained in PB manual)
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
It isn't explained clearly in the manual because I haven't found it.
And if it is, my bad
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 15:53 Edited at: 6th Mar 2010 15:54
@TerrorNation,

Here's a little hint for you my friend:

Make a global variable called 'Canshoot' and set it to 1 in the setuplevel.fpi, then when you dont want to the player to shoot, set 'Canshoot' to 0. Then, make a weapon script for the gun and add the check 'varequal=canshoot 1' before you make the weapon fire.

Voi la!

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 17:41
Is the multiplayer fully working with this mod?
A problem I had with S4Mod was the frags wouldn't go up at all, it would just stay on 0.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 20:00 Edited at: 6th Mar 2010 20:05
In my opinion something that NEEDS to be fixed, is this mod accepting other resolutions. Having to play built games on such low resolutions is stretching my games making them look horrible.

An auto-detect resolution would be nice. Something similar to EFX.

[img][/img]
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 21:32
Quote: "In my opinion something that NEEDS to be fixed, is this mod accepting other resolutions. Having to play built games on such low resolutions is stretching my games making them look horrible.

An auto-detect resolution would be nice. Something similar to EFX."

Definatley. This needs to be fixed as I have the same problems.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 02:24
@TerrorNation:

Weapon scripting should be described in full within the manual. Do a search through it (Ctrl+f) for "weapon script".

Lewis is correct in how to disable firing. Weapon scripts are great for a many number of things related to handling weapons. Things such as adding your own "checks" into the routines, or having different weapons act differently... changing what key/mouseclick zooms the weapon. The list goes on!

@Cyclone:

I have to be honest, I never played around with the resolutions very much. If it is indeed broken, shoot hockeykid an email. Even if he doesn't reply, at least you know he has it viewable somewhere.

The one and only,

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lewis and Plystire

Thanks for the help on the weapon scripts. This could come in really handy.

PS Got any leads on whether water is possible in PB?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 11:08 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 11:37
What seems to be wrong with the screen resolutions? I dont see what could go wrong as the code is so simple...

Then PB would need some sort of validation system to check if the resolution was possible on that computer ofc, which would still be easy.

If that code doesnt work guys, and i am sure that hockeykid has tried it, then the problem is not with the coding on hockeykid or plys behalf, but will be a bug with DB Pro itself. Unless the layout of the games images relies on the basis of the default resolution... In which case that would be ALOT of code re-writing to get the percentages...

Additional Note:

In response to the old argument, 'Hockey kid is doing this just for personal glory', Hockeykid says that he learnt everything he knows from ply, then again, you arguing modders will never reach the community status of ply. You will know that you are a good member of the community when you can take time out from your work to answer a few questions of some of the more junior members. I know that from personal experience, that having asked a relatively simple question about how a command is to work in DB Pro, a meer yes or no would have saved me around an hour of searching and trying different dlls to get the same effect. I know that sometimes you get too involved in code and start coding so fast and efficiently that you don't want to stop (as i admit i have done once or twice), but what i find incredibly irritating that the only way you can then get the attention of the more senior coder, is by kissing there ass... Now for me that just seems wrong... Even if you find the member very annoying, please answer with a quick, i'll help you in a sec, too busy now... Im not saying that i am of your status, but i'll help a few newbees (as i am not a hypocrite), with what ever there problem is.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think we want to go back to that coding argument again.
Let's just focus on PB.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just away and wanted to voice my opinion Btw, great work with ragdoll beta in V1.17 of FPSC hockeykid Im playin around with it now, it looks awsome

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 13:38 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 13:49
Quote: "@TerrorNation,

Here's a little hint for you my friend:

Make a global variable called 'Canshoot' and set it to 1 in the setuplevel.fpi, then when you dont want to the player to shoot, set 'Canshoot' to 0. Then, make a weapon script for the gun and add the check 'varequal=canshoot 1' before you make the weapon fire.

Voi la! "

Thanks Lewis! This could come in so handy!
PS Do you mind if I use this method in a crosshair system similar to yours, because I'd feel bad taking coding advice from you to make something similar to that of your game and not ask first

@ Arenas
Will you release the source of Zombie Mod so it can be integrated into Project Blue?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What would be a good idea is to make a youtube channel devoted only to Project Blue, with all the videos and that upload to that!"

Better idea would be for Hockeykid or Ply to create a YouTube group for PBUM vids. That way anyone can tag/add PBUM related vids and they will show up there. Same as with the FPSC group Rick has set up.

Anyhow, late to the dance but I have full confidence in Hockeykid. Everyone please just give him the room and patience he needs and deserves. Looking at the big picture, I am personally completely psyched he's got his hands in UM, "migration" and Fenix! Sure, it's a mad workload but for third-party people like myself it's a god-send because the more things can be integrated and streamlined, the more likely artists will be to take the risk of supporting mod features- and that ought to be good news for everybody.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Sure, it's a mad workload but for third-party people like myself it's a god-send because the more things can be integrated and streamlined, the more likely artists will be to take the risk of supporting mod features- and that ought to be good news for everybody."

Meaning you could make us some more great models tat work with new mod features
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 15:57 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 15:58
@TerrorNation,

Sure, it's hard work, so be prepared to get annoyed. But keep trying and you'll get there. The first time I had to redo it all from scratch!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Why did you have to redo?
Yeah I have been annoyed a few times with me being able to shoot my friends when I haven't pointed my crosshair at them (a few millimetres out).
Are you having this problem?
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 16:41
@TerrorNation,

Yes, and it wont be able to be fixed until there is a 'pickobjectoffset' function added.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh right. I thought I was the only one . Have you found the inview=x command from Airmod doesn't work because my crosshair highlights green through walls on allies when it shouldn't as it should only do so when the entity is 'in view'.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In my opinion something that NEEDS to be fixed, is this mod accepting other resolutions. Having to play built games on such low resolutions is stretching my games making them look horrible.
"

Ill look into it, Thanks!

Quote: "You will know that you are a good member of the community when you can take time out from your work to answer a few questions of some of the more junior members. I know that from personal experience, that having asked a relatively simple question about how a command is to work in DB Pro, a meer yes or no would have saved me around an hour of searching and trying different dlls to get the same effect. I know that sometimes you get too involved in code and start coding so fast and efficiently that you don't want to stop (as i admit i have done once or twice), but what i find incredibly irritating that the only way you can then get the attention of the more senior coder, is by kissing there ass... Now for me that just seems wrong... Even if you find the member very annoying, please answer with a quick, i'll help you in a sec, too busy now... Im not saying that i am of your status, but i'll help a few newbees (as i am not a hypocrite), with what ever there problem is."

If somehow that was directed towards me I will have you know that most of the time I leave my MSN on when I'm no where near my computer. Me and you are in different time zones (off by 5 hours) so most of the time I wake up see your messages and your already offline so thats just bad luck .

Anyways no argument here just clarification.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 18:27 Edited at: 7th Mar 2010 18:27
@ Hockeykid
How's the work on the migration going?
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 18:30
@Hockeykid

I sent you an email.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 19:41
Hockeykid, I shot you an email
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 22:13 Edited at: 8th Mar 2010 17:43
Why dont you ask the questions in the script section? We're spamming the thread here =P

edit- thats strange, it bumped my post down. this was in reply to someone else!

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The irony of that

What i cannot wait for is for hockeykid to put fenix mod into PB. That will be incredible!!! When the day finally comes... And then we will have ragdoll in it as well

God speed Hockeykid

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 15:25
Quote: "Btw, great work with ragdoll beta in V1.17 of FPSC hockeykid"

Hockeykid didn't implement ragdoll, that was Lee.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 17:46
Is the multiplayer fully working with this mod?
A problem I had with S4Mod was the frags wouldn't go up at all, it would just stay on 0.

Please someone reply, this is urgent
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 23:57
@Gun_Guy:

As far as I am aware, the Multiplayer in PB works just as well as vanilla FPSC.

@Anyone who uses PB:

Can you please check on MP functionality for Gun_Guy and me? If it is broken at all (aside from waiting to join... bug) post about it here please. Thank you!

The one and only,

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to fix waiting to join....?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there any way to fix waiting to join....?"

Port Forward

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 22:50 Edited at: 9th Mar 2010 22:51
I know that but that is a pain . My laptop can't host all of a sudden (don't know why) and all my friends apart from a tiny few playing my multiplayer game are getting horrible problems trying to forward their ports.
I was wondering if there was any way to forward through DBPro?
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 06:35
Port Forwarding is an admin operation, even if DBP could do it, it would need to have admin priviledges, and if your router is even remotely trustworthy, it'll have a password on it.

The one and only,

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 13:14
Quote: "Port Forwarding is an admin operation, even if DBP could do it, it would need to have admin priviledges, and if your router is even remotely trustworthy, it'll have a password on it.

The one and only,
"

Why do games like counter strike source and other online games dont require for you to do it? :S

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 15:39
Other games either use C++ which can control admin stuff or they use ports that are already open.You still need to port forward your router to host a server.

A.K.A djmaster
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why do games like counter strike source and other online games dont require for you to do it? :S"

I thought the same thing.. Well it looks like I'll be stuck with this stupid port forwarding problem for a LONG time, because I can't forward all the PC's on my router to UDP 2303 (only lets me forward one ).
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:04 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 21:06
I thought games like that use uPnP.. I think there is an addon for DBP that does that.

Ah hah! http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=darknet

Quote: "UPnP

DarkNet includes UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) functionality which allows applications to programmatically create, edit and delete port forwarding entries on a router. This is useful for server hosting and peer to peer applications."

Now this would be a killer addition to Project Blue!

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:28
It would be win!

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Ye and savin the data of a game once you have finished it Perhaps with a command or something

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 21:46 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 21:47
Quote: "I thought games like that use uPnP.. I think there is an addon for DBP that does that.

Ah hah! http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=darknet

Quote: "UPnP

DarkNet includes UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) functionality which allows applications to programmatically create, edit and delete port forwarding entries on a router. This is useful for server hosting and peer to peer applications."

Now this would be a killer addition to Project Blue!"

I'm probably wrong but I'm not sure that DarkNet is open source.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:15:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:15:35