Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Project Blue Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 22:23
It doesn't need to be open source in order to use it. It's a plugin. You use the DLLs and they allow you access to new commands.

The one and only,

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 22:52 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 22:53
@ Ply
I get it now I thought it was a program not just DLL plugins
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 00:45
You would think that since it is a TGC product, Lee would use it. Then again, it would require him to either make the necessary commands free for use in an update or require modders to get DarkNet.

Looks like this is a job for a modder with a bit of spare change (or already had the product)

The one and only,

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 01:07
Well seeing as money has been made off Project Blue.. surely a bit of that could go towards features?

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well seeing as money has been made off Project Blue.. surely a bit of that could go towards features? "

Not exactly, people do need to get paid (I'm not the only one that gets some $) and since I've taken it over only a few sales have been made.

Scott15000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 20:48
Hey guys, This is a 32bit Blank Crosshair EarrantAI made that will work with Project Blue when Full Screen shaders are on.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering if it was possible to stop the player picking up objects in PB because I wanted some dynamic cardboard boxes in my level but the only problem is that you can pick them up.
Any help?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 21:37 Edited at: 11th Mar 2010 21:37
Quote: "I was wondering if it was possible to stop the player picking up objects in PB because I wanted some dynamic cardboard boxes in my level but the only problem is that you can pick them up.
Any help? "

You are meaning using the right mouse to pickup an object, correct?

Cheers

Mike

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I am.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 22:17
In the entity's properties- set IsImmobile to Yes. I have some WW2 crates that I could pick up with the right mouse button. When I set the IsImmobile to Yes, I can't pick them up.

Cheers

Mike

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 23:01
Quote: "In the entity's properties- set IsImmobile to Yes. I have some WW2 crates that I could pick up with the right mouse button. When I set the IsImmobile to Yes, I can't pick them up."

When you set the IsImmobile to yes. It also does't interact with the enviroment. Like if the cardboard box can be pushed, it won't move when pushed. Correct me if im wrong tho.

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, XFX 780i SLI Motherboard
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 23:05
That is true. It was the only way we knew to disable the ability to right-mouse-click to pick up a box or crate.

Cheers

Mike

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 02:10
There is a command in the PB to allow/disallow player object pickup. Simply make a script that makes it enable/disable depending on how close/far away you are from the box.

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 13:46
Quote: "@Anyone who uses PB:

Can you please check on MP functionality for Gun_Guy and me? If it is broken at all (aside from waiting to join... bug) post about it here please. Thank you! "

Don't worry about this. I will buy PB tonight, test it and see if it all works.
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 19:00
hockykid, my dad just sent you the payment for PB
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hockykid, my dad just sent you the payment for PB"

Sent you Project Blue

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 21:49 Edited at: 13th Mar 2010 00:11
haven't recieved it yet

--EDIT--

Just received it thanks
iKill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 21:55
Quote: "Project Blue costs $28.00 USD "

Anything with "Plystire" in it usually costs something.

"Remember: Don't Insult the Alligator till after you cross the river!"
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "haven't recieved it yet"

Wait a little bit, it may be because the email has an attachment.

Also check your spam folder.

Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 01:03 Edited at: 13th Mar 2010 01:04
The frags didnt go up, they stayed on zero the whole time.
And another bug I found was, when someone dies their gun still shows when they are dead.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when someone dies their gun still shows when they are dead"

This always happens ....

Quote: "The frags didnt go up, they stayed on zero the whole time."

Ill take a look thanks

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 09:56
Hockey, I shot you an email about purchasing ;D
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 11:19
Quote: "Ill take a look thanks "

Cheers
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 15:26
Quote: "when someone dies their gun still shows when they are dead"

You need to edit the character inside FPSC since this is changed in their settings and has nothing to do with PB. I cannot remember the exact spot but it is probably something with "weapon pickup" or "drops gun" (I'm on my work pc and can't test it here). Hope it helps.

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to use the Internal variables of an entities position to spawn another entity when it dies?
Gun_Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2010 22:21 Edited at: 13th Mar 2010 22:22
Quote: "The frags didnt go up, they stayed on zero the whole time"

I have found a fix for this. I was reading the manual and it said:
Make your game as normal making sure all character's have diffrent names.
All the characters in my game had the same name, I changed them, tested the game, shot someone, BOOM, I had a frag
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 02:23
@iKill:

Cute, very cute.

When "unemployed" is mentioned, it usually costs something. It's an offset to poverty you see.

I, for one, don't require the "experience" from making a Mod. Isn't that typically why people make textures/sounds/media for free? Because they are simply making them for the experience. If something they've made is truly great, they will (for the most part) charge for it. I also did not plan on dropping the Mod for any reason and had plans for continuous updates. Many Mods eventually die off and are discontinued. When "Plystire" is involved, you can bet that it will stick around for quite some time. If, at some point, it becomes discontinued, you can also bet that there is another, newer and better, place for you to go. People who had purchased Ply's Mod (discontinued) were brought to PB at no extra charge. Even the people who bought Horror Mod (discontinued) were brought to PB at no extra charge. If you find some fault in the way things are dealt, you may speak your thoughts here.

@Gun_Guy:

Yes, each character needs a different name. If multiple characters have the same name, they are considered to be on the same team and as such, share frags. You also cannot gain a frag by killing a teammate.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Would it be possible to have a condition in PB to detect when the player dies? Cause that would be very useful (I mean in multiplayer). Or in multiplayer when the player spawns. I know that you could detect the health the player has, but really its the spawning side to the script i was wondering about. Would it go like this:

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 20:02
Sorry if this has already been answered (I did do a check of the thread before posting), but are there any further system requirements when using Project Blue? I'm thinking of upgrading from Green to Blue and thought I should find out before making a purchase.

Thanks in advance!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 02:01
@Arenas:

Something like that sounds like it may work.

@The Imperfect Sheep:

The system requirements remain the same, however, to appreciate as much of the features as possible in PB a stronger computer may be necessary. Turning off Full Screen Shaders and whatnot will definitely decrease the need for a powerful computer. More features means more power needed. However, without using those features, or using them in a minimal way, you won't need a very strong computer.

The one and only,

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Because of the recent piracy Project Blues protection system will be getting an upgrade before the next release.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 05:38
Hope it isn't going to interfere with legit users too much.

The one and only,

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 09:18
Thanks a lot Plystire!

Help bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I just watch some videos of project alpha and it says its made with project blue. It has really awesome effects in it tho, like bloom, motion blur great shaders. Does all of that come with PB??

FPSC + user = BUGS!!!!!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 13:28
Yes, it does.

I am okay with the security system...Maybe we could incorporate a name-on-the-screen system...Or whenever you use it it is hardcoded to make a txt file with the name of the user...That would work, I guess.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 17:15
@hockeykid:

If you would like to incorporate a username-on-screen based system for this, you'll want to hard-code the user's name into the compile... meaning you'll eventually be making lots and lots of compiles, but if it's of any help to you, I've made an auto-compiler system for this. You put every customer's name into a text file, run the auto-compiler and it will run through the list, changing the source to have each persons' name in the source and compiling it for that person. It will also put each compile into its own folder, all ready for zipping and distribution.

If you would like to have this program, then hit me up tomorrow or Wednesday. I will most likely be free those days and could get it for you.

The one and only,

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 17:31
Sounds good!

How will the name be shown?
-First seconds off opened game
-Permanently shown
-Splash screened at game startup
-Only test games

[img][/img]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 18:03
I would say to show it in all (even built games); then have a code that is for that copy only, disabling it for a built game. If that can be done.

-Keith
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 18:05
Or how about it'll show up during test game only when you press the Pause/Break key on the keyboard. No body uses that key and it'd be a simple way of checking to see whose copy of the software it is.

I don't think it'd be wise to have it show up during a built game, though.... we'll see. Might be something to use for double-checking ownership when a game is released, but I don't think people using PB want their name showing up on-screen if they release to people outside of the community.

The one and only,

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 18:10
No; I agree, there shouldn't be the name on a built game that's set for distribution...if anything it looks unprofessional.

-Keith
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 18:21
Why not make Project Blue online activation only.

If the same serial key is used more than once it is automatically blocked. Also you could probably make it so the server can see what IP address is trying to activate the software.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see is something like Steam where you can only access the Source engine development tools when online and logged into Steam. Thats just anal.

I would like the forum name(s) of the people involved in this recent piracy to be published to serve as a warning to everyone else thinking of doing the same.

As far as I'm concerned add whatever security measures to PB that will prevent such a thing happening again.

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 19:58
Maybe a hard keys combinaison (something like CTRL ALT SHIFT SPACE K ) that once pressed display user's name in the screen corner... (the keys combinaison just need to be known by Hockeykid)
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 21:39
Maybe you can hardcode it to create a txt file or something when you use it that will show the user's name? And it redoes it every time, so that if you get a hold of the pirated copy you can figure it out...And such.

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 21:51
Hockeykid, sent you an email about buyin' project blue

indyrider
Years of Service
User Offline
why i should buy it... if its lagging i don't need it ent then i lose 28 euro or something

i only can create awesome story's ent nice place's onky scripting en modeling s!***
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to give entities that are not characters a weapon i.e. a sentry gun?
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 00:06
Where are the new commands listed?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "why i should buy it... if its lagging "

Because its not lagging.......

Quote: "
Is it possible to give entities that are not characters a weapon i.e. a sentry gun"

Well if you wanted a century gun why not just make it as a enemy character?

Quote: "Where are the new commands listed?"

New since what date?

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 00:35
V1.7. Like the Fenix Mod. It listed all the commands it had, but why doesn't this list them all?
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 03:41
@indyrider

I have been using pb 1.7 for a fair while now, And i have not had any problems with lag. If there is a lag problem its normally because some peoples computer or video card cant handle some of the functions it provides. It all depends on the user/computer.

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:00:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:00:07