Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / The UNOFFICIAL Dark AI Knowledge Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 19:52
Quote: "The males only attack when provoked (attacked) but the females will attack on sight."

Just like real life then (or real wife )

Would it be ok for me to use your scripts to experiment with EAI, so I can better learn fpi ??

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 22:11 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 22:16
Quote: "Just like real life then (or real wife )

Would it be ok for me to use your scripts to experiment with EAI, so I can better learn fpi ??"

I must have been in a bit of a mood at the time

YES! Do whatever you like with them because learning is what this thread is all about and reverse engineering and modifying are great ways to learn. If you see something and want to know why I did this or that just ask...

Edit: For those who might have missed it; Hockeykid added the PB var system to 118 yesterday so we'll definately be able to take advantage of that.
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 23:25
I appreciate that EAI, cheers mate

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 01:53
Quote: "Errant AI wrote: @knxrb- Great diagram you have there but any friend (same team or allied team) of the calling AI who is within range will return aicalled=1 as true. THB, I'm not really sure why there is an =x associated with that condition because there seems little practical use to ever use aicalled=0 as a condition because it is true pretty much all the time. I'm sure someone will find a way to use it though."

I wonder if this could be used to launch a pop up warning to the player that the target AI got his call out and a patrol has responded ??

Like say you have a patrolling group of enemies that only come into the alert call radius from your target AI at a certain part of their patrol arc?? So you have a chance that the call for help was not heard as the patrolling AI was on the far side of their patrol arc??

Damn I'm so long winded that I've confused myself now ^_^

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 02:21
Thanks for this.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 02:31 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 02:32
Quote: "I wonder if this could be used to launch a pop up warning to the player that the target AI got his call out and a patrol has responded ??"

Sure. I would do it by having a hud image tied to a global variable in order to display it and set that variable when an enemy AI responds to a call. Alternatively you could trigger a sound to play when they respond; like an informant radioing to the plr or the plr eaves dropping on enemy comms or simple ping sound like metal gear.

Quote: "Like say you have a patrolling group of enemies that only come into the alert call radius from your target AI at a certain part of their patrol arc?? So you have a chance that the call for help was not heard as the patrolling AI was on the far side of their patrol arc??"

Yep- Totally possible That's why the call broadcast radius exists. There's a lot that can be done now for sneaky sorts of games.

Quote: "Thanks for this."

NP
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 02:52
I was gonna use the Halo approach of having a personal AI in my headgear to tell me I muffed up and gonna get my butt kicked

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 03:47 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 03:49
Sounds like a great plan

something like this is a good start...

On a side note, I added the following to the OP list

knxrb, please update your spreadsheet if yo see this; thanks.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 03:58
Quote: "knxrb, please update your spreadsheet if yo see this; thanks. "

Done

knxrb
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 05:52 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 05:59
I don't quite understand how DarkAI controls character movement.

When I see this command:

runningforwards=x Condition X = 1 if DAI is running, X = 0 iif DAI is not running (used mainly for setting animations, DAI internally dictates when to run or not).

The part that says "DAI internally dictates when to run or not". How does DarkAI deternmine whether a character runs or walks? Or strafe for that matter?

What does "aistop" do? Is it the same as setting "setaiactive=0", or even setting "aiattackawareness=0"? How does a character determine what "cover" is when the action "aimovetocover=x" is used - and what value goes in the x field on that action?

I guess I'm still trying to get my head around what the DarkAI system does besides setting up teams, allies, and enemies. I'm guessing it also helps characters find their way from pointA to pointB by going around any obstacles. I'm still trying to see the big picture.

Thanks for all the help on this Errant, and sorry for the question-bomb.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 06:53
Errant, please check your e-mail (no it does not have to do with TF 341 or the SCAR).

If something is perfect, it probably doesn't work. -PWP
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 09:39 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 13:26
Quote: "Thanks for all the help on this Errant, and sorry for the question-bomb."

Thanks for joining us here and sorry in advance for the TLDR bombardment I'll probably give you as many new questions as answers but that's OK...

Quote: "The part that says "DAI internally dictates when to run or not". How does DarkAI determine whether a character runs or walks? Or strafe for that matter?"

At the heart of the DAI system is a bit of a black box which controls path-finding, collision avoidance, target acquisition, aggression and self-preservation. It decides on it's own to strafe, run, walk, stand, duck, advance or seek cover depending on its interpretation of its surroundings and its own well-being.

When I talk about something being internal, the above is what I'm referring to. Now, as cool as that might sound to some, in practice it really isn't all that exciting or interesting... That's where we have to step in as scripters and media authors to better direct those internal functions via FPI.

Part of Lee's directives for 117 DAI was to, unlike X10, expose those internal functions to external scripting control. There have been a ton of those control mechanisms exposed as you can see in the OP list. Furthermore, Hockeykid added a wealth of new capabilities to further augment DAI. In time, there may very well be more and more of the internal DAI functions exposed but for now there are still a few which remain locked away...

Among those things locked away are the internally dictated decisions of running vs walking vs strafing and some of the basic self preservation characteristics such as ducking often and choosing to retreat rather than attack when badly hurt.

Other than those things, we more or less have full control over the behavior but there are some subtle differences with DAI vs standard AI. With regular AI, they won't do anything unless you instruct them to via script. However with DAI, in addition of telling them what to do, you also need to sometimes tell them what NOT to do by suspending or permitting the exposed aspects of the system.

That all probably made no sense

...BUT... In practical terms, what these internal movement types (ducking, strafing, idle, movingforewards, movingbackwards, or runningforewards) mean to us is the heading, speed and disposition of the character's movement when DAI is in control of pathfinding, attacking and avoidance. The anims played when doing these things are all definable through condition checking and we have the option of cheating the system to get it to play the anim we want it to. For example, here's a basic snippet of animation control for a stock anim character:

Now, say you never want to use the strafing or ducking anims with your character. You can force it to use the walking anims for strafing and the upright anims when ducking by seting it up like this:

Or if you're like me and you want to go crazy you can do something like what I'm doing for TF341 where the animations are more specific to the character's activity:

You will see in the above snippet I have segregated the bulk of character anims into the categories of "contact" or "clear" and am checking for that with a condition (aicanshoot=x) to see if the AI can see an enemy or not. So, with that simple condition in place the character now looks much more dynamic because they only aim their guns if they see something to shoot at. Otherwise they use custom anims which have the gun angled down. This makes the AI look smarter and also helps to avoid bugs such as guns poking through walls or allies obnoxiously pointing their guns in your face.

Quote: "What does "aistop" do? Is it the same as setting "setaiactive=0", or even setting "aiattackawareness=0"?"

aistop is an action which stops the DAI dead in their tracks if they are pathfinding. You use it somewhat like you would use freeze with regular AI.

setaiactive=0 is also an action but what it does is stop the internal DAI from issuing new commands to itself and allows you to override the animations being played. Often times you will use setaiactive=0 in conjunction with aistop because without aistop, if the DAI was already going somewhere and you only deactivated DIA, the character would slide along for a moment because the internal pathfinding commands persist for a bit instead of being reinitialized every loop.

aiattackawareness=0 is another action which works like putting a hood on a hawk. It allows a DAI character to be in the vicinity of it's enemies without targeting or attempting to attack them while allowing the other DAI functions such as navigation and pathfinding to operate as normal. This function (often combined with aicleartarget) is critical for retrieving an ally who is getting their butt kicked or getting them stand down and play nice with others until instructed otherwise.

Quote: "How does a character determine what "cover" is when the action "aimovetocover=x" is used - and what value goes in the x field on that action?"

The AI identifies cover as an obstacle between it and what it's taking cover from. As you can imagine this is potentially A LOT of places; subsequently, I believe this has a lot to do with how long it takes to generate obstacles.

For the X in aimovetocover=x; X=1 tells the DAI to go to the closest trigger zone with the name "Safe Zone". If X=0 the DAI will go to the nearest cover it can find but if that cover is occupied they will go to the closest trigger zone with the name "Safe Zone".

When using aimovetocover, there are a few things designers must be considerate of...

-If an AI is flanked by enemies it can easily get caught in a pickle trying to find cover and they will just get wailed on.
-If no "Safe Zone" trigger zones are placed in the map and the cover DAI chooses to go to is occupied by another AI, it won't be able to get there because of collision avoidance and usually isnt smart enough to find alternate cover.
-If the DAI is told to move to cover and no cover exists (like an emty room) it will usually run to a wall or corner of the room and stand there hoping it is safe.

Because of these issues with cover, I've found it is crucial to always provide a failsafe to snap the DAI out of looking for cover after a set time delay. This way, although the AI might not truly find cover there is a good chance it will at least get out of the line of fire. I usually do this by using an etimer like this:

In the above example when the AI is in state 1 and is shot he has a random chance to seek cover. If he is idle=1 and just standing about he has a 50% chance to identify the enemy, call for help and look for cover but if he is in motion, he has a 10% chance to do all that...

If he succeeds in this "die-roll" we begin the entity timer and start the process of looking for cover...

Now this next part the idea is that he stays rotated to face the target he is taking cover from and if he has a weapon equipped and ammo in it, he can shoot to cover his escape. However, in practice, it doesn't always work right for teams other than team1 (other teams the airotatetotarget is bugged and the AI turns his back)...

Regardless, durring this state (67) The DAI character will continue to move towards nearby cover until either A)He finds it; or B)Our failsafe kicks when the etimer reaches 3000.

Quote: "I guess I'm still trying to get my head around what the DarkAI system does besides setting up teams, allies, and enemies. I'm guessing it also helps characters find their way from pointA to pointB by going around any obstacles. I'm still trying to see the big picture."

It takes a while to take it all in. The things you listed are a lot of what it does and while it might not at first seem huge, the way it does it is much more efficient than through the old AI. You can run many characters fighting each other with good FPS where in the old system, for me at least, using settargetname and such was really laggy. The pathfinding is generaly really good but level flow and design factor into it quite a bit. It also allows some cool animation stuff like being able to push an character and they backpedal out of the way (usually). You can also tell them to move randomly and they will just wander around without waypoints or looking totally robotic.

Huge parts of 117 DAI really aren't "Dark AI" at all but in fact new functions Hockeykid built on the DAI foundation. For example, the factions aspect is a HUGE new feature that allows really cool, complex relationships between DAI teams and goes a very long way towards making ecosystem type environments and living world type stuff.
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 13:05
Thank you, thank you, thank you

I understand tons more now. You really are very good at explaining stuff, so even a complete nub like me can get a handle on it

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 13:48 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 13:52
I'm glad you could get something out of that, Nbt. I don't fancy myself much of a teacher and tend to have brain diarrhea when explaining things so it's up to the adept student to sift through mess for the useful kernels

I've edited the above post to correct the section on aimovetocover. I was confusing aipoints with safe zones earlier.

@knxrb, please update the following...

aimovetosound (action); Instructs DAI to pathfind to the location of the sound it heard.

aimovetotarget (action); Instructs DAI to pathfind to its current target.

aimovetocover=x (action); If X=1 DAI will seek the nearest trigger zone with the name "Safe Zone". If X=0 DAI seek the nearest cover it can find but if that cover is occupied they will seek the closest trigger zone with the name "Safe Zone".

aistop (action); DAI will halt and clear any current pathfinding instructions.

aisetmeleedamage=x (action); Sets the amount of damage to be inflicted by aiusemelee.

aitargetdistwithin=x (condition); Is true if DAI target is within the X units.

aitargetdistfurther=x (condition); Is true if DAI target is further than X units.

airemove (action); completely removes the entity from the DAI system, allowing it to function as standard AI.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 13:59 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 15:40
Quote: "@knxrb, please update the following..."

Done If you want then I can make a small editing page so you can add, edit and delete entries yourself?

[Edit] I think the name of the thread should be changed as well:
"The UNOFFICIAL v117 Dark AI Knowledge Thread" > "The UNOFFICIAL Dark AI Knowledge Thread"

knxrb
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be great
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 15:30 Edited at: 7th Aug 2010 15:31
Echoing Nbt: thank you, thank you, thank you.

That is exactly the explanation and "big picture" I was looking for. DarkAI makes much more sense now. Like you said, it sounds like DAI takes care of a lot of internal stuff on it's own. And opposed to regular AI scripting where you tell the character what to do, DAI scripting is more about checking what the character is doing, then reacting based on that.

I still suspect that I'll be in for some long nights of trial and error, but your detailed explanation has helped a ton.

Quote: "It also allows some cool animation stuff like being able to push an character and they backpedal out of the way (usually). "

This is what I'm most excited about, dropping in custom animations. I usually plan out my animations with a specific goal in mind (like the Boss Commando).

I really liked the "retreating" behavior by enemies in the original F.E.A.R. game where they would run away from you while blind firing behind them with one arm. Dang it would be cool to pull something like that off, and would definitely be a "WOW" moment for FPSC.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 15:45
Damn these are exciting times

Does DAI work in MP ?? I suspect it won't but no harm in dreaming

It's just that in my time at RC I made a CTF mode (I know kind of silly in an MMO) where the flag was actually a character (with legs and eyes etc see attached) and would attach itself to the 1st player that caught it. It would then act as a pet (or ally in DAI) and follow the player about until the player died, then it would return to it's idle state until another player grabbed it and so on...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 15:51
Quote: "Does DAI work in MP ??"

No it doesn't because characters in FPSC multiplayer are kept for the players to use and aren't shown until a player joins the game to use it.

knxrb
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2010 21:11
Yeah

Although!!! now your on the team, I expect MP bots with DAI (so I can use flaggie :p ), 4 player co-op campaign ability and more :p

DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 16:16
if we could get DAI in MP then that would open up an entire new world for FPSC, we could have co-op campaign (sort of), team vs team, CTF, and a whole lot more. What we should be able to achieve is a game like killing floor!

Tomorrow never comes until it is too late...
Problems With FPSC 1 15 003
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 14:26
how come their is no ragdoll for this update i have seen youtube videos thanks

Sam
Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 17:02 Edited at: 12th Aug 2010 17:03
There is ragdoll, you just have to enable it in the AI's destroy script by adding ",ragdoll" at the end of the code line.

Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 07:07
Hey guys, over the past month or so I have been learning the fpi scipting language. The Dark AI is a huge step.

I am not requesting a script here. I want to know if there is anything in the defaul mainweapon script that i can change so that enemies see me from a farther distance, and have other enemies join in the battle instead of just walking around.

I have played around with the aicall and all those ocmmands but nothing changes. Ive also tried changing the plrditwith and plrditfuther but nothing seems to change.

Like i said i am very new to scripting andi do try to script myself. But the Daek AI is very advanced for me. So any changes I can make to the default main weapon script would really be appreciated.

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2010 04:24 Edited at: 15th Aug 2010 04:25
I'm trying to mix DAI with the normal FPI language. I cannot seem to do it. Any ideas?

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = AI

;Triggers

;player cannot be seen
:state=0,shotdamage=1:state=30
:state=0,plrcannotbeseen:state=10
:state=0,plrcanbeseen:state=30

;roam around
:state=10:none

;taking cover
:state=30,waypointstate=5:rotatetoplr,state=31

;in cover
:state=31:animate=81,timerstart,state=32
:state=32,timergreater=3000:animate=51,state=33
:state=33,plrcanbeseen:state=34
:state=33,plrcannotbeseen:state=10

;cover fire
:state=34,ifweapon=1:rotatetoplr,settarget,useweapon
:state=34,ifweapon=0:state=25
:state=34,shotdamage=1:state=31

;End of Script
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the delay; been real busy as of late...

@Shakleford
How far away are you trying to get the AI to react from? Try setting the character to "always active" in the editor. Often times the script doesn't get processed if the entity is too far away.

@Akanto10
There's no DAI in your script and there's not enough detail in your script for it to run independently in the normal system. You can completely disable all DAI function and enable to use waypoints and standard movement by using the airemove action but when you want to return to DAI you must use addaiteam=x to add the character back in to the system.
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 14:33
To engage the allies, I want to replace the text commands(fpscrawtext to hushow\hudunshow) and insert the huds.But the hud always switches on, and it doesn't matter how the plaer is far from the ally.Can you tell me the possibiliteies of the condition "plrfacing"?
Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2010 17:06
So, this a script

And this is the result
I stay close to the ally but the hud is still unshowing
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Arseny-

You're problem is that you are constantly resetting (and hiding) your hud while the ally is ungrouped (local var 0).

Something like this would be better...

I haven't tested it but it probably works as long as there is only one ally. If you have multiple it might still work if you remove the last line. Otherwise you'll have a conflict.
vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2010 17:58
Um. How you create script that Npc walks around map without way points. I've been looknig for that, but couldn't found.

Check for pure horror.
Tyguy80s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2010 20:39 Edited at: 5th Sep 2010 20:40
Hey could someone help tell me whats where?

For example, I know that the animations lead to some command, say...

(I'm just making this up)

Could someone help me how I could add on to this list. I have a "request" thread here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=174881&b=23 (I read the rules recently about requests) so if someone could kindly tell me how I can figure out what goes to what, or if :animate=32 goes to :state=22?
Tyguy80s
Years of Service
User Offline
I learned how to add animations, I kinda have no idea use to change some of the settings but I'm working on it. It would seriously help if someone were to help me this.
kms
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I've been trying to study the demos to see what exactly Dark AI "is" (or is capable of being), but whenever I try to run the virus one, the program crashes for me. Does anyone else have this problem? It happens every time the skeleton reaches another entity and raises its arm to do something. I guess I just want to see as much "in action" as possible because I've been playing around in my own game and obviously failing because my characters seem to behave the same (if not less realistically) than the original AI, and that can be a difficult thing to accomplish.
whats wrong with this script!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 03:10
i used that ragdoll death script and this is what i got. screen is attached.

Attachments

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2010 03:20
JPEG version of the above screenshot attached.

knxrb

Attachments

whats wrong with this script!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 06:57
does some one have a table of all of the actions and conditions? and i need help with the aiaddpoint and aigotopoint.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 01:35
I made a list of commands: http://darkai.rkwebcreations.com

knxrb
Miran
User Banned
Posted: 16th Oct 2010 16:08
I didn't get it how does the allied script work?
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2010 15:16
I think the stock Dark AI scripts are quite good but is it possible to make them more agressive easily?

I'd like my Dark AI enemies to make a bit more effort to come and find the player.

Also how do you get enemies to patrol waypoints but still use Dark AI when the player is encountered?

Thanks

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 22:40
i'd like to know this as well

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 07:04
Is does anyone have a finished Dark AI script for stock characters? Like to place in 'main' the stock dark AI main, seems to have a bit of bugs in it. Like if there's a wall between my ally and enemy, both will just walk straight at each other like there mentally unstable and think they can walk threw walls...
And I just started scripting so id have no idea were to look to change this and make them smarter for me scenarios, or if stock characters army capable of the animations for the smart script, is there any characters with those animations and script?

If you don't try, you fail.
popmas
Years of Service
User Offline
What i have to do if i want my allies follow me automatically without i have to press anything?

P.S Sorry about my bad english.
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2011 01:09
I just took a look at the main script, an it appears you will have to edit that quite a bit. But only under the Ally-Team1-behavior section. I think you just have to remove the scancodekeypressed = conditions and a few other things, so it shouldn't be too bad.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
popmas
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! Now my allies follow me automatically! But, what i have to do if i want there is not that "press [H] to leave ally" text?

P.S Sory about my bad english!
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 03:53
In the script, under the same section where you see that text, simply remove the text and the other actions/conditions. So remove (if I'm not supposed to post this sorry mods, I will remove it)
from the code. That should do it. Would you mind posting the final script for the community?

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2011 22:54 Edited at: 11th Mar 2011 22:56
Hi Guys,

Apologies for not maintaining this thread like I would have liked to. Starting this weekend I'll be firing up v1.18 beta 10 to do some MP53 tuning and will be able to get a better feel of the current implementation of DAI and to participate in this thread again.

So, if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. If you have an unanswered question thats still open, please ask again.

Keep in mind that working with DAI requires understanding of FPI fundamentals and that it's nigh impossible to create scripts that work awesome in all circumstances and do it in an efficient manner. I'll do my best to share the knowledge I have but that won't include excessive hand-holding.
Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw some others asking about it and so, while anxiously awaiting model pack 53 (ahem ahem, comeon TGC, get with the program here, the weekend's almost gone, approve it already) I made a couple of simple modifications to DarkAI\Main_Weapon.fpi

It's still a bit buggy and my fpi script is really rusty still, but here's what I did:

This will get the enemy team to follow some waypoints if they're not fighting anyone.

Here's the snippet for my teammates:

These are both inserted in the appropriate spots in main_weapon.fpi, which I then saved as main_weapon_patrol.fpi (because it's still buggy). I inserted main_weapon_patrol.fpi as the main script, and the stock main_weapon.fpi is the shoot script. I found that when I use my modded script as both main and shoot, the characters stupidly keep following waypoints even while they were being shot at, so again there's a bit of debugging to do here, but this should serve as a start for folks who want their teams and enemies to hunt each other down and shoot it out.

Have fun!
girlgamer404
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 13:02 Edited at: 29th Mar 2011 20:56
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but how do I use scripts that other people have posted??

nevermind i figured it out
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 09:44
hey Errant AI

I watch all the animation of model pack 53.one thing I notice is missing. a duck and roll out the out the way animation.also a take cover and jump out shoot.one thing fps lack is enemy skill to be come a hard target.the dance animation could be take out for these animation.dont get me wrong the pack is worth $40 buck. I would have payed $50 for this.I know the work you did took a lot of time and should get payed well for it.moves like those can make them seem more aggressive.a script running then like that will make them hard to kill.this is just an idea.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@michael x

That's a good comment and noted. I plan to add more dynamic movements in future characters because the current hit detection makes anims like you describe more feasible. In the old system (during the time the MP was being developed) such animations would have caused a lot of problems with hit detection. It's for that same reason that I had removed prone anims. Unrelated to that and related to this thread, I've yet to figure out how to make DAI move laterally on command which would be needed for most rolling evasions. Time will tell though. As for the dancing I agree its a little wasteful but it's a non-combat/weapon animation so it only appears once in the timeline. For weapon animations it's generally needed to repeat the animation 5 times (for each weapontype) and they have to be placed in 389 frame offsets. It wouldn't have been something I could just tack on to the end of the timeline as was the case for that anim.

Lately I've been doing quite a bit of AI tuning with the post-1.18 internal builds and am looking forward to when I can show you guys what I've been up to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:09:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:09:07