Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TextEase - The easy way to create on-screen text

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 01:59
Not a problem. Thanks for the bump. Just off the top of my head and not knowing much about your program:

-It looks really big. Will there be many of these on the form?
-It seems like it would be a lot of work to make these for many different products. Shouldn't it be more.... template-ish so the image, name, and text can be quickly and easily changed without redoing the graphics each time?
-The "Find Out More" is big and takes away from what could be more info on the form itself.
-As for the image of my program, I would like to see more of the form and controls instead of just the display area which doesn't really depict what the program is about.

Like I said, I don't know anything about the program so I'm shooting from the hip with generalizations here. if you'd like to fill me in on you program via email, I'd be happy to provide more intelligent and meaningful input.

Brian.

For media, utilities and more...
Visit ExploSoft.com
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 02:30
Quote: "-It looks really big. Will there be many of these on the form?"

It is big now, just drafting. Will certainly be a goos bit smaller on the form / page. (I mention page, because I may use a WPF application for the final version)

Quote: "-It seems like it would be a lot of work to make these for many different products. Shouldn't it be more.... template-ish so the image, name, and text can be quickly and easily changed without redoing the graphics each time?
"

Right, I am also working on a way to pull the text programatically. Current setup I am working on has a lot of "If"(s) in order to check for installed apps. Also, WPF uses mostly XAML for the form design, which is meant to be Web Developer friendly and that is where I really got my start with the notion of coding, so I should be able to pull text from various places.

Quote: "-The "Find Out More" is big and takes away from what could be more info on the form itself."

Noted

Quote: "-As for the image of my program, I would like to see more of the form and controls instead of just the display area which doesn't really depict what the program is about."

Right, give me a couple hours and I will shoot you an email.
Also, once I start to download and install the apps myself I will be taking my own screen shots and screen capture video demos.

Thank you for the quick feedback Xplosys, I won't bomb your thread with this anymore.

My Personal Blog (Randomly updated)
Zandor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2011 02:10
Wow...Thanks you made my life a little easer.

Thank you
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2011 19:07
Thanks Zandor.

I always appreciate hearing that.

Bruno Giannotti
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Brian, I need your help I suppose.
I was using Story Zones for my game, and then when I get more than 10 on the whole level they randomly start to crash the game. Well I tried everything but the crashes continued. So I tried your program, I'm using FPCS by like 1 month while working at one of my projects, and one of the most important contents is the storyline which I use just words, not even sound...Anyway, I created the script with the lines I wanted which generated an .fpi (script file), from there I tried to attach it to a Trigger Zone (in "main" right?) but when I save it, and then test the game, NOTHING happens, absolutely nothing...I got back to check the settings again and the Main was empty...I putted again, saved and checked, empty again...What the heck?!...Maybe its my version I don't know...I'm using 1.16.08.

am I missing something? Please reply

Bruno
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2011 15:13
That's a new one. If I understand you correctly, you assign the script as the zones AIMain, but when you check it again, it is not assigned. The version shouldn't make any difference.

Are you saving your scripts in the "scriptbank" folder?
Are you assigning the script using the browse feature or are you typing it in?

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much for this program.

i will be using it a lot when i get around to having a non bug free Fpsc

10/10 for all your hard work.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 18:38
You are very welcome. Thanks for the comments.

Brian.

Mehtab
Years of Service
User Offline
how to download it? There is no download link
Mehtab
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no download link
2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2011 00:30
Click xplosys's logo to go to his site and download it from there.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2011 06:10
Yes, just click the annoying green banner below to see all ExploSoft software.

Brian.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 00:20
It's a very subtle ad.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:00:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:00:22