Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3D fighting game - Dark Dragon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2013 12:23
Thanks Kuper. The cloths still have three basic problems. They look good enough in the videos but
1) It is almost impossible to position them exactly where I want, relative to animated characters. It is a problem that has to do with failure to get an accurate limb position when updating animations. There is a thread here that has to do with this issue so I will look into it.
2) No matter the adjustments I do, they stretch too much...
3) There is no collision between character's body and the cloth. So the cloth can pass through the character. I could be able to fix that if I somehow glue or position collision boxes on character limbs.

I wish there was a simple way to use dynamic hair or cloths on animated characters. If I can't make cloths work better, I will probably use again animated objects, for hair and cloths as I did before.

Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 01:59
I think theres no easy ways for creating cloth and hair in DBPro "I could be able to fix that if I somehow glue or position collision boxes on character limbs." - you can get each bone position so glue collision box for each limb.Its good idea.Also we have DarkDynamix plugin which also have cloth function.I think it will give better results then standart cloth. And one more question)) how you made the booooobs physics& Is it special function in Poser?
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2013 02:06
I have been around the forums for more than a year and never tried DarkDynamix. My fault. I will try it.

Oh the boobs! They don't really use physics. I added 1 bone on each boob. The bones make the boobs shake at the beginning and at the end of most animations. The shake is controlled by code. That is all. They just shake up-down when the model jumps or generally moves on the Y axis, and left-right when moving on the X-Z axes.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 09:30
Quote: "never tried DarkDynamix"

It's good, fully recommend it. Try the free one first and see.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2013 10:19 Edited at: 4th Feb 2013 10:22
http://web.archive.org/web/20120218012916/http://www.gamasutra.com/resource_guide/20030121/jacobson_03.shtml

Maybe this stuff could help with cloth

*** Merry Chuckmas! ***
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 01:05 Edited at: 6th Feb 2013 01:06
Chris Tate
Ok. When I find the time I will try the free version.

mr Handy
Thank you man. This is useful stuff, if I want to take this a step further. I wanted to look for something like that.

Cloths are useful for details.

See, left guy's hair and right guy's cloth under the belt. They add a bit of realism when they move. It's a nice detail. But a detail. I really don't want to spend a lot of time searching what to do. Lately I have less time to work on the game and I already agreed to help in another project. Have to complete the game some day.

Edit: Got to change signature

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 01:12
Quote: "Have to complete the game some day."

Gives me some time to drum up some music

Did you make a new signature yet?

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 01:20
no...

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2013 02:00
ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha it is 01:00 and you just made my day!

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2013 14:51
Ok, demo taking too long so...
I will try to upload tonight or tomorrow something playable, showing current state of development.

2 players
1 background
versus mode, but with ability to activate enemy AI.
No music...

I am more interested about performance on other machines. The background in the demo will use a big ghosted object to create a light effect. Options menu will only be accessible through the initial screen.

Working on the demo now.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 18:36 Edited at: 10th Feb 2013 18:36
Ok something small to share. As I said, 2 players - 1 background, Versus Mode only available, not much to call it a demo with full features. Should I call it a demo of a demo?
Anyway there have to be a few bugs I haven't found but I checked the rar and it works on other machines.

I will be grateful to anyone that wants to give it a try

Controls:
Player 1(Left player) uses arrow keys to move and A,S,D,Z,X to attack
Player 2(Right player) uses Num pad arrow keys to move and num pad 7,9,1,3,+ to attack

F2 pauses, F5 restarts fight at any time

I suggest before starting go to the options menu to set up keys or activate joystick, among other options.

If a pc can't handle the 60fps you can choose to play in 30fps mode

F1 activates option menu during gameplay but it is messing up some sprites
better use in the initial screen.
Should I upload character moves and combos?

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2wy36v8gtmnzud

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 18:43 Edited at: 10th Feb 2013 19:03
double post sorry

F10 activates AI Left player
F11 activates AI Right player
F12 stops AI

you can have an AI match. although AI acts stupidly sometimes.

Something else. I used cube mapping on the background to create an effect like light reflections, but it creates some strange shapes over objects. It is obvious on the demo. I will remove it, if I can't fix it.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 19:08
Dimis - Please see my repository in my sig ... You can upload it there... I will make a new section for WIP DEMOS and Release Demos

My repository is for ad-less location for file sharing

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 23:37 Edited at: 11th Feb 2013 13:13
Yo

Runs nicely on my AMD 64 3200 WinXP 1024 MB Ram NVidea Gefore something with 512 MB VRam. Only played myself for a few minutes. Must go out. Looking forward to when AI and combo-documentation is ready, but it's nice to see how the action looks on your own system.

There is an issue with getting it to start quickly. Takes about 5 minutes.

Its a 94 mb .exe file, no doubt packed with your content. I would download a 10 GB game if it was a good one. Thing is, everytime I run the exe, it has to unpack the content and the anti-virus wants to check each newly installed file for viruses. Just a little feedback.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2013 23:46
Thanks for the info Chris.

Quote: "Thing is, everytime I run the exe, it has to unpack the content and the anti-virus wants to check each newly installed file for viruses. Just a little feedback."

That's something I would not have thought about. I should think about this. You know I am not paranoic with my media files and everything but I didn't want to make them publicly accessible. Keeping everything in the exe seemed like a good choice. And for other reasons that I don't want to discuss about here I wanted to keep my media files hidden. (Facebook problem, a person made a Facebook group about my game approached me, and then he asked access to models, code, etc).

So, now I don't know how to handle my media.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 02:12 Edited at: 12th Feb 2013 01:33
good stuff, dimis. killed about 15 minutes with it (pun intended) and ran fine on my system (specs in sig).

i'm sure that you're aware of some of the anomalies like the rapid shouting matches that occur for no apparent reason.

and, i stumbled into mine enemy's meditative levitation ritual:

suspended there like some far east piñata, i was happy to break his trance...

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA . DBPro V7.7 . Matrix1Utils 05.27.12
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 07:37 Edited at: 11th Feb 2013 07:48

I needed to see this to wake up today!

AI tried to activate an attack that was removed. Noted.
Thanks for testing.
There are many problems that I have not fixed yet, but I lost you a bit with "rapid shouting matches". What do you mean?

Edit
I will fix a few more things, add 2 more fighters and 1 background and upload another demo this week with play instructions.
But probably not today. I got my birthday today.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2013 13:21
Quote: "Facebook problem, a person made a Facebook group about my game approached me, and then he asked access to models, code, etc).
"

I hear you. The files are still not safe in the exe. Consider creating your own file formats before release; much safer than exe packing since only you know how to read your files, although certain people can simply decompile the exe; but it is better than nothing.

Will test it on my laptop later.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 01:42 Edited at: 12th Feb 2013 01:43
Quote: "rapid shouting matches"

a series of "Kia! Ugh! Heayo!" (random) SFX played back to back (to back) triggered 3-4 times at random times during the 15 minute play session.

Quote: "I got my birthday today."

enjoy

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 12:35
This is one of the most polished DBPro games I've ever seen. Nice job the demo looked amazing and worked great. I hope you get far with this game - I bet you will. I think this is on a level that rivals many professional games and it's still a WIP!

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 20:33 Edited at: 12th Feb 2013 20:35
@thenerd
Thank you! And it is good to know that the game works well.
@Virtual Nomad
Yes I saw that too. Actually I should say I heard that too.
Some last minute changes I made. I didn't notice it before.
Probably because I keep sound fx deactivated because I listen to music when I work.
@Chris Tate
Man! I am very new to Facebook and social media. I wasn't very careful. I showed my game to some gaming forums. People liked it. This guy is probably more a bothersome than a danger of anything. He made a group in FB for my game (without asking). But he mixed my 2 projects (the Dark Dragon and my Mortal Kombat 1 remake) and presented my game as a Mortal Kombat fan made game. I posted there trying to explain to people who joined this group that this was 2 different projects, but I did it politely without insulting this guy. Anyway I made my own official page in Facebook. Then I asked this guy to stop promoting my game because besides anything else he was not making clear that he was not involved in the development of this game. I hope this will be the end of it.

Making my own file types sounds good but this is going to be extra work. I thought that I was done with most technical stuff for this game. Packing everything in the exe seemed like a good idea before.

But anyway I don't think that there is a way to keep you media safe from anyone. I think that it is more about how hard you can make it, for someone to find a way to steal them. People were able to extract models from the latest Mortal Kombat and other fighting games just a while after the games were released.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 21:53 Edited at: 12th Feb 2013 22:01
Yep, top priority is getting the game done.

The reason why the assets are not safe in the packed EXE is that it is quite simply a self extracting zip archive... what happens when you extract a zip archive? I'll say no more.

As far as security, I believe that what I can access, the hackers can also access. I reacon someone has already built a decompiler for all DarkBasic programs; I've not seen it, but wouldn't be suprised if it existed. If they can hack into the CIA, they can hack into a self extracting archive.

Out of personal choice; 20-30% of my game content will not be protected; I'm gonna let em have it. Less of a need to hack my software then. Although the game will refuse to run if they change things.

Why Chris? For one, not all of the content is all that important. Two, i need fast access, I want the game to only show a loading screen before startup, after that its all file streaming and seamless map changes. Three, I'm more interested in building the game and not a punk buster, and four; I personally don't care if someone steels my assets after the release. I care about them steeling it before! Once it is in alpha/beta, I've done enough to proove that it is my work.

Some may disagree with my personal choices; each to his/her own...

Edit:

And the fact that you have fan sites already, shows that there is potential in this.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 22:21
Quote: "I personally don't care if someone steels my assets after the release. I care about them steeling it before! Once it is in alpha/beta, I've done enough to proove that it is my work."

I think that this is the most important thing. Prove that this is your work only. Instead of driving yourself crazy about how to keep all your media 100% protected.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 22:34
And that is why I made a WIP. To show my progress and show off my skills? No... To proove who made it, who came up with it.

Furthermore my logo, or something related to it goes on all my screenshots. Even my music has a reoccuring theme, every track has at least 5 seconds of the 'SF theme' to protect against theft.

Also, I put some watermarks on textures, models and shaders; only I know where they are. If they steel my stuff and I find out, these hidden marks can be used as evidence.

Time and time again somebody steels someone elses idea, like with Facebook; or even an entire game like what happened on the news recently. Some people hijacked some company's source code for a game and released it under a different name. They got found out though.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2013 22:52
Quote: "And that is why I made a WIP. To show my progress and show off my skills? No... To proove who made it, who came up with it."

Yes I guess that this is one of the basic reasons we all post are work, besides sharing ideas and look for solutions, etc.
The watermark idea is very good. I use it too sometimes, but for my work as a graphic designer.
About that game being hijacked, I never heard about it, but lately I don't listen to the news, it is very depressive.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 00:53
did anyone else experience the "shouting match" issue that i did (see above)?

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2013 21:45
It's a funny life. The game loads 10 times faster on my Windows 7 cheap laptop; but runs 10 times slower. It is in no way jerky, but just runs at a slower speed; I will try the 30fps mode another day.

Haven't experienced any issues with sound yet.

What does the green mist mean? The stuff around the arms when the second round begins?

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2013 11:45
Thanks for the play testing Chris.
I tried the game on my father's laptop. It loads quickly but it can't produce more than 45fps. Yes it is slow. But when setting to 30fps it runs normally. There are problems when playing in 30fps, some objects move twice the distance they should, or they are animated at double speed, but I located most problems and fixed them.

The green mist? That is Gemon's special power, an inner fire, kind of thing.
Try pressing in a sequence, down, back and any punch or kick button to activate his special fire attacks. When I upload again, a new version of the demo with 4-5 fighters, I will try to include a list of their personal moves.
Anyone who played any Mortal Kombat game, probably knows the classic finishing moves, the "fatalities", as they are called. I am trying to give 1 fatality for each fighter. Here's a preview of Gemons:

Anyway I was playing Versus mode yesterday with a friend for more than 1 hour. It is definitely more interesting to play against a human rather than the AI. No matter all the random choices the AI makes, it is always more predictable.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2013 12:18
Great. Most of my friends don't play video games so I am all alone . I will have to wait for the AI, I remember you will not be creating online multiplayer.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2013 22:44 Edited at: 16th Feb 2013 22:45
@Chris Tate
Yes, we talked about this before, I wasn't planning to add online multiplayer support from the beginning, so it is very hard to add it now. I know how you feel, I only have 1 friend who is playing fighting games as much as I do, but he lives in Germany now.
So I guess online play would be very useful, but I don't know if it is even possible to add it now.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2013 10:51
It would take time. Perhaps consider it as a patch or expansion; or maybe in DD2; but it would have been nice.

When that day comes to consider it, here is one way to make it happen:

I have no idea how many 10s of 1000s of lines of code your game has, but one way it could be done is to used shared input. Think of a network client as an additional mouse, keyboard and screen.

Instead of simply looking for local keystates:

IF KeyState(KICK_KEY) THEN Kick()

Add an extra keystate check, similar to this

IF KeyState(KICK_KEY) Or RemoteKeyState(KICK_KEY) Then Kick()

See what the other player is pressing on the keyboard accross the network.

Or replace keystate altogether, even local action can be networked via the localhost IP. All players could be clients.

IF NetKeyState([Me/ClientID], KICK_KEY) Then Kick()

What NetKeyState does is simply check the keystate results in an array; the keys the remote/local player pressed. All players collect the state of all keys

This array of keystates are then converted to a memblock; sent; recieved and converted back into the array on the host; now the host knows what keys the remote player pressed. This could be done 6 or so times per second. The host is the single instance of the game that actually runs 'normal', as it is now. The client does not do anything other than receive sound triggers, character positions, frames and events. In this model, the client just sees what is taking place elsewhere; the only output is key/gamepad buttons and UI.

There are other models, but this one is good for this type of game if in future you wanted multiplayer; but it does take time to synchronize things smoothly, it takes time to get clients logged onto hosts etc; if it is hard to get two people to run it at the same speed, you also have to get the network events to occur at the same speed.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 09:00
Some nice progress here, Dimis! Your artwork is amazing!

Considering online mulitplayer:
Do some serious testing before you try to integrate anything into your existing game. A fast paced fighting game has to be as close to 60 frames per second as possible in order to feel responsive (to detect fast combos etc.). So for real-time online multiplayer that means you have to do data transfer at a ~16 milliseconds interval! I think even a 50 ms interval (20 fps) wouldn't be too easy to achieve. But of course it would be a nice feature to have, just wanted to remind you that it's a serious untertaking for a competitive game that relies much on timing

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 09:34 Edited at: 19th Feb 2013 09:39
Thanks Pauli and Chris for the info

I have no experience about implementing online features. But I am more concerned about speed. If the frame rate has to go under 30fps then the game will not be playable. I don't know if it is worth trying it.
And I don't think that I have the time for it. I started to learn Unity recently, because I have joined a new project that interests me a lot. So I will be spending most of my time on this now. I am still a beginner in Unity so I need a lot of extra time to get used developing with it. I will present this project in geek culture in the next days.
But I will not quit this game, no way. I will finish the rest of my characters and complete it eventually. Most likely Dark Dragon 2 will be a Unity project.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2013 20:55
Yeah speed is important; especially with button combos. If you achieved 40 FPS with DBP with networking you'd probably get put into the Guinness book of world records. My current network code eats up about 5 FPS alone so far.

Unity looks really powerful. There's a lot of engines out there; but very little time to try them all.

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2013 09:16 Edited at: 21st Feb 2013 09:18
Yeah, Unity looks powerful enough, but it feels like another world. But I am getting used to it. Although I am still at beginner level.

Now, the more I think about it, accurate online play might not be possible. There will be problems with combos and generally player response timing. I don't know how pro fighting games handle online play.

Got the levitation/freezing problem fixed. The levitating guy was trying to activate his hyper combo attack: He should be doing this, instead of floating in mid air.

A game counter was getting a zero value from the AI, instead of one. So the attack was freezing at the beginning. Probably this was why that sound problem happened too.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2013 13:59
How's it going with Unity?

Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2013 01:24
@Chris Tate
Lately I have been very busy with some extra work at home, so I didn't have enough time for game development. I had to leave Unity at side for a while, but I will go back to it immediately.
But I have been able to find a bit of time to progress my game a little, so I will post something in the next days.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2013 16:07
Damn this game looks good!

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2013 16:29
Hi

I am a Beginner programmer c++, and I want make 2.5D fighting game like Dark Dragon with dark basic. But I don't know for this work What I need to do.
In what areas should I study?
General knowledge of what is needed for this job?
Can You Help Me?

this is my first game:

http://behdadgame.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=137dad91ffd4e327c684c5ea1765b5d5&topic=3.0

One of my dreams is to be able to make a fighting game.

THANKS A LOT
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2013 14:18
He said he is busy with extra work at the moment, hang on in there, this is the best guy to ask such a question.

Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 15:44
Quote: "He said he is busy with extra work at the moment, hang on in there, this is the best guy to ask such a question."

Can anyone help me?
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2013 22:12
Hi Behdadsoft!
Yeah, I didn't have the time to reply the last two days, my apologies.

Well, if you are still a beginner and you want to make a fighting game, you have a lot of way in front of you. But having the enthusiasm and the will to do it is a very important thing.
What you need generally for a fighting game is, character models, sound fx of course (that is my weak point), detailed animations, and the code to control all that. Pretty much what you need for any other 3d game. But you must be able to make very detailed animations, and the ability to manipulate and blend between them with your own code.

I think that you need to make a list of what you need and what you can actually do.
Can you make your own models? If not then you have to work together with someone who can, or learn how to make them yourself, if you can't find another solution.
Can you animate your models? If not, I think that you should learn. It will be very helpful for the development of your game. This is something that you will understand as you progress. It is better to have someone else to make the models for you, if you can't make them of course, but learn to animate them yourself.
Now about the code, which is the most important thing, I don't how to guide you, actually. I didn't follow any tutorials. I started writing my own code, originally in Visual Basic (for a 2d game) and then re-wrote the game in Dark Basic and made it 3D. Keep making smaller games, to gain the experience necessary, to eventually write your own code for the fighting game. Don't get disappointing if you can't program it right away. I have lost track of how many times I wrote the code from the beginning, until I ended up with 20000 lines of code today.

I don't know if I am actually helping you by just offering general advises here, but since you are a beginner, as you said, having general knowledge of what is needed is more, important now.

If you have any more specific questions now or later, I am here to offer my advise.

Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2013 18:05
Hi Dimis and Thanks for reply.

Quote: "
Can you make your own models?
"

Quote: "
Can you animate your models?
"

I work with my friends.They are professional modeler and animator and I have no problem with it.But I don't Know What a thing to be respected and even I do not have a sample.
about Programming: I made a 2d fighting game with GameEditor and wrote myself most scripts. I thinks Programming Language for dark Basic in Visual Basic right? now I don't know where should I start.
and how can learn Drak Basic Programming Language.and Where can I find an tutorial that Learn make game with Dark Basic.

THANKS.
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 13:34
Again, I haven't posted something for some time.
Here's something I have been working lately. Death moves.
In first video, the right player dies in flames. I tried to make it as his flesh burns slowly, not just disappearing. That's the best I could do. Some smoke particles will make it look better.

And something more funny. The left player, an Earth deity, in the end of the video, shrinks the opponent into his bottle and drinks him up.

I am working on more deaths. It is probably the hardest thing to make, since I was not planning to implement death animations from the beginning. I am trying to be creative but I am using very cheap solutions, like duplicating models and shrinking limbs.
Here is an example, this is still WIP.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2013 22:13
awesome, can't wait to play this

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2013 22:24
Words cannot express how polished this game looks.

Fantastic work!

I live for video games! (And beers, and football, and cars!)
See what I live for here: [url]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/url]
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2013 14:39 Edited at: 15th May 2013 14:41
Brendy boy, Mobiius, Thank you guys!

Ok. I realized that I have to do something about shading. So yesterday I spent some time trying to install Advanced lighting in my game. Starting with a background.
I made a test exe, where I loaded 1 of my backgrounds and I applied normal mapping the floor. It works well enough, there is a big improvement as I expected. Then I placed the effect in my game. Copied the code, and the necessary files. But the result was unexpected.
Any time that my program uses any texture object/limb commands, on any object, it also affects the texture of the background object that uses the normal mapping effect.
I can't understand why. I copied the test exe in my game's folder and it works fine, there are no files missing. There is no reason why this should happen in the game. Or at least I can't find the problem.
I captured a video to show the problem. At the beginning of the video I recorded how the background looks in the test exe. It is not very clear but the normal mapping effect works well.
Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj76R9ZCFI8

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 15th May 2013 17:48
We had a problem once with textures with advanced lighting.
Here is the post.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195737&b=1

The solution was there was a bug in Matrixs1 utility dlls.
If you are using his dlls make sure you have the latest.

[img][/img]

WindowsXP SP3,Vista,Windows 7 SP1, DBpro v7.7RC7
Stab In The Dark Editor
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2013 17:51 Edited at: 15th May 2013 17:53
Very strange. I haven't seen a problem like this with advanced lighting before. Can you make it happen in your test scene? It might be easier to track down the root cause from a simpler engine...

Edit: looks like stab might have your answer he ninja'd my post

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2013 18:33
baxslash
the test scene already helped me resolve a couple of other problems. but I couldn't repeat this one in the test scene. besides that problem, I also have texturing issues when applying bone based effects to animated characters, in my test scene.

Stab in the Dark software
thank you for that link. this could possibly be my problem. I will check it out when I am home and reply.

Thank you guys!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:56:21