Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DNG - Berzerk! remake [DBP]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 07:47 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 16:13
Daygamer,

Instead of having to load the media and grab the code from a snippet, I consolidated the code and media into one single download. The following is from the thread's first post:

All media files and code for the game are now included in one download (this includes the most updated, stable version of the code):

http://www.mediafire.com/?37rlxwllgt367hl

Simply download the files onto your computer and run it. It plays the sound files randomly throughout. It also greets you with Mr. V's "Welcome to Berzerk!"

I think you will see the game is coming along swimmingly

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 08:03
OMG...

I need to get some work done on the sound files... will look into best formats and bit rates in the coming days, later today after some sleep I will go clean up the shop... as soon as the shop is open I can spend some time looking into it... plus the reverb in the shop space should add to the sound effect we are looking for...

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 18:19
@LBFN,

That's outstanding. It really is starting to look solid. Can't wait to blast some robots!!!

Let me know if you have any assignments for me. I'll try to be more swift next time

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 18:43 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 19:29
Thanks Daygamer

I have been thinking about what is left to do and compiled a list:
1) robots explode when running into walls or each other
2) possibility of 11 robots in each room
3) scoring system and display
4) extra lives displayed
5) player actually shoots
a) collision with walls
b) collision with robots
c) collision with Evil Otto
6) Evil Otto character created and animated
a) Evil Otto in-game with collision with robots / man
7) screen scrolls when moving room to room
8) final boss in room 36
a) create character
b) coding
9) device input menu
10) game difficulty menu
11) soundFX menu
12) high scores menu
13) wall tile graphics still needed

I am unsure of thisotherguy's status, as he may be busy at uni. I have specifically asked that he do #1. You can have your pick of any of the other things listed, just let me know what you want to work on.

If any other newbie coders out there in TGC land what to take on a part of this project, they are welcome also. Credit will be issued by contributions rendered.

Attachments

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 03:36
oh oh oh! can i have a simple coding job now?

Too lazy to make a signature.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 03:48
Quote: "oh oh oh! can i have a simple coding job now?"

Task, young Codawan {yes that was a star wars padawan reference}

Thats why its called Task Manager >.<

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 06:30 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 08:42
Ummm... I don't know if its my version, (I'm pretty sure I have the latest one) but the images are not loading. I downloaded the project, but im getting errors when I run the temp.exe

EDIT: Never mind, if I compile it myself it works.
Also, just a couple of minor changes I think should be done (I can do them) One is that score = false and gamestate = false
I think they shouldnt be true/false because true = 1, and we dont want score 1, we want it to start as 0, and gamestate only will have true and false which only allows 2 options.

Thats it for now. Ill try to fix(or improve)some of those minor things. Until I get a big job

thisotherguy
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry about that; equal parts uni, forgetfulness and laziness. will get you results on number 1 in 2 days.

Darkseid?
thisotherguy
Years of Service
User Offline
mediafire link isnt working man. ive tried following the link, save target etc. can you do me a favor and put a code snippet and the media back up so i can work on the latest version directly? thanks.

Darkseid?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 15:15
can I allocate some FTP to this please?

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 16:59
Nice to hear from you thisotherguy. I don't understand why you are having issues with mediafire. I have downloaded the files two different times and run them with no issues at all. Anyway, I have attached the .rar file to this post. Please let me know if there is a problem still.

MrValentine:
Quote: "can I allocate some FTP to this please?"

Can you do that for us? Would be great.

Darkzombies:
Quote: "Also, just a couple of minor changes I think should be done (I can do them) One is that score = false and gamestate = false
I think they shouldnt be true/false because true = 1, and we dont want score 1, we want it to start as 0, and gamestate only will have true and false which only allows 2 options."

These are set to false (which is 0) initially. The values contained in them are/will be changed in-game. If you look at the MainMenu() function, GameState is either 1 or 6 leaving the function (based upon which button the user clicked on).

Since you would like a coding job, why don't you work on #10, the game difficulty menu. I figured to have three difficulty levels, easy, normal and insane. I'd like you to figure out what would make the game more or less challenging and write a function to make it happen. If you need help with the graphics, I can lend a hand.

Attachments

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:17 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 17:21
FTP ACCESS SETTINGS:
[ use filezilla http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client I can help setup resume for you as well as ASCII file formats in case your connection drops out ]

{click CODE to view}

please note the password is case sensitive

hope this helps ...

btw once uploaded to link to that file in here, because the http download access if faster than the ftp... or just for those who can not make hide nor hair of ftp... [we have all been there]

the linking works as this

http://berzerkremake.akaneaya.co.uk/

if you uploaded into the default folder, then you just place the file name with extension ie... getthehumanoid.mp3 bear in mind it can sometimes be case sensitive it is a linux UNIX server...

if you crested a new folder within the directory ie... 'images'

then you would type the link here as http://berzerkremake.akaneaya.co.uk/images/image1.jpg

rock on guys

Also might I suggest we perform time line based changes? so if any of us makes a change... within each respected folder... for example... sounds... I would create v1's in a folder dates for example september28 and then the next time september30... so we can keep archived versions...

This FTP has unlimited storage so please do not worry about file sizes, however should you have a bad connection let me know I will create the XML file for you to import so that you can have the best upload settings for my server plus resume support.

EDIT

the FTP Account for DNG points to Berzerkremake... in future, when the project is complete I will create a new account for legacy DNG projects, but for DNG in general I think keeping it pointing to the current project might be best... no? or should I just create a central DNG account and then create a directly embedding account for Berzerkremake? you guys decide

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 17:50
Very cool, thank you. I have uploaded the Berzerk.rar file to it.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 19:04 Edited at: 28th Sep 2011 19:25
DAMNIT! I had filezilla but I deleted it recently because I had no use for it lol!

Also @LBFN I can do difficulty, except how I usually do it is decrease lives/health/other stuff, and sometimes increase stuff like robot health or something else. Though what we could do is increase game speed. That would be challenging. And yes I need graphical help, the menu has to fit the rest of the games style.

EDIT: @mrvalentine ftp isnt working for me. I put in host, username, and password. And then pressed connect.

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

Also @LBFN please put some images in the main post for anyone who sees it

thisotherguy
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks that worked. unfortunately, something has gone wrong with the moverobot function on this version; robots no longer look at the player when stationary. did you change the robot.bmp file?

Darkseid?
thisotherguy
Years of Service
User Offline
alright i see the problem, you probably didnt download the modified robot image file i attached when i finished work on the moverobot function; it organises the 5th and 6th row robot orientations so they can be systematically and sequentially accessed. i am attaching it again here. the robot explosion frames should be appended to this file.

Darkseid?

Attachments

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 05:00
Ok, so before I help any. Im going to need someone to explain what all the variables and functions do. Or at least the ones ill be needing to use. (I am reading through it, but it always is sort of hard coming into a project.)

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 16:12 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 16:18
Quote: "alright i see the problem, you probably didnt download the modified robot image file i attached when i finished work on the moverobot function; it organises the 5th and 6th row robot orientations so they can be systematically and sequentially accessed. i am attaching it again here. the robot explosion frames should be appended to this file."

You are correct, I did not realize that you had posted a modified robot1 image. I have appended the explosion frames to it and attached the file.

Quote: "Also @LBFN I can do difficulty, except how I usually do it is decrease lives/health/other stuff, and sometimes increase stuff like robot health or something else. Though what we could do is increase game speed. That would be challenging. And yes I need graphical help, the menu has to fit the rest of the games style."

Suggestions: only allow so many robots per room, harder settings starts further to the left in the maze, time for Evil Otto to appear takes longer in the easier versions, robot move speed, player's shot move speed. I will try to make up some menu stuff today.

Quote: "Ok, so before I help any. Im going to need someone to explain what all the variables and functions do. Or at least the ones ill be needing to use. (I am reading through it, but it always is sort of hard coming into a project.)"

You will need to return from the MainMenu() with a GameState value of 3 to start. In the main repeat - until loop for the game, the difficulty function would be called from within case 3. Write a new function for difficulty. The number of lives the player has is stored in player.lives. The player speed is stored in player.XSpeed and player.YSpeed. You will need to create a global variable called MaxRobotsInRoom and change this based upon the difficulty. player.room holds the value of which room the player is in. The rooms start numbering at the top left going 1 - 6, the next row down is 7 - 12, etc. On the insane difficulty, place the player in the leftmost rooms in the upper quadrant (i.e. 1, 7 or 13) and move it over to the right for the normal and over even more for the easy. Evil Otto has not yet been set up yet, just use temporary variables for now and we will edit it later.

thisotherguy or I will edit the code to include your changes.

Quote: "Also @LBFN please put some images in the main post for anyone who sees it"

That is a good suggestion. I have grabbed a screen pic with 11 robots on the screen. It would be more impressive with some better wall graphics, but will at least give them something to look at.

Attachments

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 19:28 Edited at: 29th Sep 2011 19:30
Darkzombies:

Attached is a .rar file that has the graphics for the difficulty menu. The lighted buttons are also provided. However, I would like you to figure out how to pull the images off of the lighted button bitmap and use them in the difficulty menu. If you need assistance, please ask, but it is expected you will put some effort into figuring it out on your own first.

Attachments

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 03:33 Edited at: 30th Sep 2011 03:34
Back from school. I'll start working on it. Also, I have no knowledge of using sprite sheets(so I cant take part of an image off. So I guess I'll just use single images, I have gimp so I have already made seperate images. And here's the first part I did.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 05:46
Darkzombies:

You can do it that way, but that is much more labor-intensive and time consuming then simply grabbing the images off of the bitmap and storing them in the code. I am not at my computer now, but I hope to show you how to do this tomorrow morning; it really is easy.

LB

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 07:40 Edited at: 30th Sep 2011 07:41
well can someone explain this to me:

I edited it. And know what it does. But is there another part I need to edit? It seems to be missing alot.

And also, it wasnt time consuming at all. It took me like 5 seconds to take the images off with GIMP lol.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 18:39 Edited at: 30th Sep 2011 19:19
I have been working to show you how to grab the images off of a bitmap when I realized you had edited your post.

Using the DMImages array will work fine. First off, we need to determine the size of the images we need to grab. You can determine this by loading the image into Gimp or even MS Paint and using the pointer to figure out what areas you need to grab. Write down on paper the locations needed. By the way, I noticed the image has a white background. We need it to be black, so fill it in with black and save it. So, for the 'easy' lighted graphic, the coordinates are 26,4,109,27. Do the same for 'normal', 'insane' and 'return to game'. You'll notice I grabbed an extra pixel on each side of the graphic. This is to ensure it doesn't get cut off.

Next, let us grab the images we need. Load the Berzerk! code and in the LoadImages() function, near the end, create a label called DLData. Then enter the lighted difficulty button coordinates you have written down, like this:

Next, load the bitmap (spritesheet as you have referenced it) into bitmap 1.

Now we write the code to grab the images. This goes after the existing code, but before the DLData label.
It should look like this:

Okay, so now we have grabbed the images we need and have stored them. Next we need to calculate where to paste them on-screen. You will need to calculate where the x and y coordinates of the main difficulty image will be in order to have it centered on the screen. I showed how to do this in the ManiMenu function.

Regarding your post:
You would change this line in the MainMenu() function (not yours):

to this:

At the main game loop (repeat - until GameOver = true) you will see a case 3 command. Should be around line 157. Right after this is where you will put the function call to the difficulty menu. I would call it DifficultyMenu() and not OptionsMenu(), as you need to be specific.

Using the MainMenu code as a base for your menu is a good idea. However, you will need to determine the coordinates for where to paste the button images. Something like this:

Move the mouse around to determine where on-screen you want to paste the images and write the coordinates down.

You will need to edit the Init() function with the data for your buttons so that you can use the buttons() array.

Notice I have increased the size of the buttons array to 10. You will be using buttons 7 - 10 for the difficulty menu. It is worth nothing that the data here is x, y, width and height. I wish I would have done it differently originally, but oh well.

EDIT: I made a mistake and used the name, DiffLighted.bmp, twice. Just name the second one as DiffLighted2.bmp. Sorry about that.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 03:00 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 08:43
So do you want me to use a sprite sheet type thing? Or stick with buttons? Cause either way. This currently works.

BEWARE: I put the whole code in there with my changes. It does work, though its off and needs some slight editing.

(Though technically thats all I've actually done so far lol. I'll practice with sprite sheets after I edit it to work.)

EDIT: Ok, I officially have no idea how to do the menu.
I just have a feeling the offset is off a bit.

I'll start working on the effects of difficulty's if I manage to figure that out. Also, ITS THE WEEKEND W00T!

And @mrvalentine I still need help with the ftp.

EDIT TWO: Difficulty functions. I really feel I'm doing too little... I probally need to study the code closer. It might take some time to get into it. Next time I'm making sure I start from the beggining...

Im going to do the rooms later, because as far as I know, the room numbers arent really in order and it makes it sort of complicated. At least for me. You probally have much more experience. I can do some sort of GUI after this. (Or at least try )

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 16:08 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 16:16
Darkzombies:
Quote: "So do you want me to use a sprite sheet type thing? Or stick with buttons? Cause either way. This currently works."

I don't have your images, but it is offset because you are using the 5 button locations from the main menu and need to establish the correct 4 button locations in your menu. It is okay if you want to do it like this.

The images you created for the difficulty menu are needed. Please put them in a folder and post the .rar file on here.

You should use a different variable than GameState within the menu. GameState is used in the main game-loop to control the game direction. You could simply use the word 'difficulty' (you'll need to make it a global variable). If difficulty = 1, then that is easy mode. If difficulty = 2, then that is normal mode and when difficulty = 3 it is hard mode.

You should start off in the menu with difficulty = 2 and you should show in some way that this is the current selection (i.e. have a triangle-shaped pointer by the button, or put a box around it, whatever would be appropriate).

When the user clicks on one of the three difficulty buttons, you simply make that the selection. Whatever is selected when the user clicks 'return to main menu' is the difficulty.

Instead of writing three separate functions to set the difficulty, why not do it within the difficulty menu after the selection is made? Makes sense to me to do it that way.

In your menu, you are checking for the 5 buttons that were established for the main menu. You have 4 buttons and they are in different places than in the main menu. You need to add the button info needed at the Init() function so that you are looking at the rectangular area for your buttons. You could use something like this to determine what x / y coordinates you need for the buttons:

Simply write down the upper left and lower right x/y coordinates. Plug these in as data in the Init() function. Be sure to increase the number of buttons from 6 to 10 in the Init() function also (2 places). Then use buttons 7 to 10 to determine if the user is mousing-over one of the difficulty menu buttons.

Once you get the buttons working correctly, you can use SELECT / ENDSELECT (or even IF / ENDIF commands) to set the necessary variables to make it easier/harder. You have to be careful with moving the player's speed up too much, as it is currently 3. Maybe make insane at 2, normal at 4 and easy at 6. Also, you are increasing the player's speed as it gets more difficult, which should be the opposite. The robot's speed should increase as it gets harder, but not the player. The rooms are positioned in banks of six, with the top rows being 1 - 6, the second row 7 - 12, third row 13 - 18, etc. Use this info to determine which room to place the player. You should make up to 6 robots per room on easy, 9 for normal and 11 for insane. Another thing you can do is setup a 1UP score amount. On easy, make it every 5000 points, normal every 7500 and insane every 10000. The Evil Otto appearance timer should also come in to play. Maybe give 25 seconds on easy, 20 on normal and 10 on insane.

Hope this all makes sense to you.

thisotherguy
Years of Service
User Offline

LBFN any advice on how to get the robots to wait for the explosion animation before they "die"? now that i look at the code i realise we should have had a separate moverobot and animaterobot function. im trying out a few ideas before i resort to frame by frame control, but any input is welcome.

Darkseid?
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 18:37 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 20:07
Quote: "LBFN any advice on how to get the robots to wait for the explosion animation before they "die"?"

The way you have set it up, you could simply check to see if it is exploding. If it is not exploding, you move it. If it is, you keep playing the exploding anim until it is done. Then you set robot(i).destroyed = 1 once it is done exploding.

Quote: "now that i look at the code i realise we should have had a separate moverobot and animaterobot function."

Not 100% sure that we need to do that. I'll need to look over the code at length. Unfortunately, I do not have the time today before I go to work.

EDIT: I believe I have the robots exploding okay with this code.

POST EDIT:
Okay, it is not perfect yet, but getting there.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 20:48 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 21:01
It took me a LOOONG time just to read that lbfn lol.
And just checking in here, is this good?

Also the images are attached.

And also I would suggest sounds for the buttons.

Attachments

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 21:02
Darkzombies:

Close, but not quite. This would be correct:

Quote: "It took me a LOOONG time just to read that lbfn lol."

So, you're saying I'm a windbag? (j/k)

Thx for the images. Planning on looking at it in detail tomorrow.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 21:16 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 21:34
Ok, I just need to know, how do you change the options menu to allow the new data?

EDIT: I think I figured it out, I just have to change the b variable in the options function right?

And still having trouble with FTP as well...

EDIT: BUG! I was just walking around and I entered a room and got an ARRAY DOES NOT EXIST error. Is that like an unfinished part, or a glitch?

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 23:16
Quote: "Ok, I just need to know, how do you change the options menu to allow the new data?"

Use the MainMenu() function as a guide. You will be checking for buttons 7 through 10.

Quote: "And still having trouble with FTP as well..."

I had zero problems with it myself. I simply downloaded the windows version for FileZilla, ran it and copied / pasted the info that MrV supplied.

Quote: "EDIT: BUG!"

Room 36 does that. We will use that entrance to a special room with a final boss. We just haven't got to that part yet.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 00:23 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2011 00:39
Hey, do you think animated walls would work with how you programmed it? I think an electric current flickering across the walls would be really cool

EDIT: Got FTP to work. Should I upload the new files I made, or did you?

EDIT TWO: I think we need to reupload the berzerk.rar in a regular folder. I don't think we can access .rars in filezilla. (Or it just isnt letting me)

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 15:04
Quote: "Hey, do you think animated walls would work with how you programmed it? I think an electric current flickering across the walls would be really cool "

Cool idea. I think once we get the basic game up and running that we can see about this. The code would need to be altered to animate the tiles, but then again, we may want to use sprites for this.

Quote: "EDIT: Got FTP to work. Should I upload the new files I made, or did you?"

The FTP is sweet (thanks MrV). I have uploaded all of the media for the game, as well as the .dba and .dbpro files and even an .exe. It would probably be best for MrV or me to update the files there, so if you or anyone else wants to change something, please let me know. The files are separate from the .rar file.

Did you need any assistance with the difficulty menu?

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 19:40 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2011 23:01
The files were kind of littering the place in the FTP, so I put the media and all other files in a folder called berzerk.

And yeah, I do. I got the data for the top left and bottom right x and y for all the buttons. But I am still not too sure how.
Heres an example of how much I fail at this lol. I made the button thing 7-10 instead of 1-6 so it should work, but it doesnt.

EDIT: When were done with this, can you give me lessons?
It would help alot. We can use mikogo http://www.mikogo.com/
to see each others screen. If you will do it, I can start a session and you just join, and then we can see each others screens. Its a helpful program.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 21:09 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2011 21:11
Plug this in and it should work:

The way the x/y positions were calculated were different than in the MainMenu(), so I made adjustments. I also put in to where it waits until the user lets go of the mouse button.

The buttons are pasted a little bit off from where they should be. Please make the needed adjustments.

Quote: "
The files were kind of littering the place in the FTP, so I put the media and all other files in a folder called berzerk."

Kindof wish you hadn't done that, but oh well. Like I said, it would be better for MrV and I to handle adding/deleting files on the FTP.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2011 23:02 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2011 23:11
Ok, thanks! Ill mess around with it.

EDIT: Fixed!

Return seems to not work ATM.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 06:21 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2011 07:53
Okay, it lights up the three buttons and they match up fine. In the DifficultyMenu() function, you need it to light up the 'return to main menu' button, plus you need an indicator showing which one is actually selected. You should add the stuff to actually make it easy/difficult in the DifficultyMenu() function. It returned fine for me.

EDIT:
Updated the code files and .exe on the FTP. It now has exploding robots and the difficulty menu (albeit it is not complete yet).

POST EDIT:

I've been working on some wall graphics. I also revised the wall setup code a bit to work with the corners. I also made it to where the wall tiles are not hard-coded as blue. The interior walls will need some work to place some corners. Take a look and let me know what you think:

Attachments

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 18:24
Ok, Ill get working on it. And by return not working, I meant it wasnt lighting up, even though I changed data.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 19:06
Quote: "And by return not working, I meant it wasnt lighting up, even though I changed data."

I don't see the lighted image for the 'return to the main menu' button in the images you posted. The solution might simply be you need to put the image in there.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 03:00 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 04:24
its called Return1.bmp, maybe try looking again?
also, the 1 is because there is most likely going to be another one

EDIT: Never mind lol, I mispelled "Return1.bmp"
Working on data. I should be done fairly soon.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 04:24
DZ:
I checked your download (a few posts up) again. The other three files are there, but no Return1.bmp.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 04:25 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 04:43
Lol, just edited the other post, I guess ill attach it. Just give me a second.

EDIT: Ok, its attached now.

EDIT TWO: Fixed code here:

and this is a fix in loadimages function. (Last one)

Return1.bmp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

ONCE AGAIN, ANOTHER EDIT: Ok, so now I revised the whole difficulty menu data code. Its a bit smoother now.

Attachments

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 05:28
Okay, got it all switched and all of the buttons work.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 06:00 Edited at: 4th Oct 2011 06:11
Ok, now where is the place it does the effect of pressing a button. (Im still confused)

Hey, also, can you help me with this, this is the game im sortof working on.. very slowly. And I don't understand this. Its this weird problem. This code randomly decides between civilian and knights then places them in a line, but its placing them on top of each other as well. Any solutions?

Also this doesnt work.

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 17:07
@LBFN,
I could continue work on the menu with one of these if it would be helpful.
11) soundFX menu
12) high scores menu

or I'd also enjoy the challenge of something like this. Is the program ready for this?

1) robots explode when running into walls or each other

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 17:20
Hi Daygamer, it would be cool if you could take on task 12. I am waiting to see if MrV can create some game music loops for the game, so we should hold off the SoundFX menu for now. I can do the header graphic. It would make sense to use the same 'return to main menu' graphic that Darkzombies used.

Quote: "Is the program ready for this?

1) robots explode when running into walls or each other"

Yes it is. Actually, the current code has the robots exploding when they run into the walls, but they do not yet explode when they run into each other.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 03:09 Edited at: 5th Oct 2011 06:57
Can someone please answer my questions?(three posts up) and I have no idea why its not working. If you need the media to it I can attach it. I just am confused.

EDIT: BUG! I cant take screenshots, but I took a 5 second video of it lol. Just look at the top of the screen in the video. Its attached. (Also, I have an older version. It was before the wall image changed.)

EDIT TWO: Ok, I seriously have NO idea whats happening, because now my types wont work. Look.

It says "Declaration is not valid at line 44" (Thats the type entity)

Attachments

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 07:05
@LBFN,
I'm busy as ever, but if you'll give me a detailed plan on task 12 I'll try to get working on it at some point. Will I be working with external data that will be saved after the player gets a high score. I am curious how we are going to do this because its something I've struggled with in my own programs.

Darkzombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 07:52
@daygamer I think its player.score but im not sure, just save the score and calculate the highest one and store it in a variable and display it on the high score menu.

Also can you help with my problem a little up?

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 15:58
@Darkzombies,

I would suggest posting your question in the "Newcomers Corner." I'm not good enough to look at code and detect a problem unless its obvious.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:38:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:38:10