Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / CorVus Mod Plus - The Reincarnation of CorVus Mod

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 03:39
@Marc Steene
Yes, but it'll have to be an fpm, since I only have FPSC Free.

-TZK

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 08:48
Got an interesting message from Kill3r7 just now. It only reinforced my guidance on not having anything he has to say (or has created) posted here whatsoever. Also; he might want to consider growing up a bit.

-Keith

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 20:02
Quote: "might want to consider growing up a bit."

haha what did he say to make you think that?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2012 09:43
@NIlooc223
I know roughly what was said, and it's not something that could be posted on the forum, so don't worry about it.

-TZK

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2012 20:57
TZK: Haha ok well cant wait to see more updates.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 08:54
UPDATE
I have obtained the H6 mod source code. I will be upgrading it to the latest FPSC and release it as a separate mod. Some features will also be merged into CorVus. These merged features will be:

Bullet time
Change throw distance
Speed improvements
Minimap
Window mode

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2012 11:56
Bump.
First post now has a different layout.

-TZK

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2012 12:09
Looks good Hopefully there will be a working version soon.

Official LightStorm Engine BETA Tester
/?m=forum_view&t=190541&b=21
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2012 12:43
@Marc Steene
Yeah, I hope so too, I put tons of work into this, and then this bug
comes and bites me in the butt. H6 mod that I've updated isn't
working too well either. *sigh*

-TZK

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 02:54
@The Zombie Killer

Quote: "I put tons of work into this, and then this bug
comes and bites me in the butt"

Which bug are you referring to? From the updates on the 1st page things appear to be going great !?

DG | Dynamic Shadows
DG | Light Rays
DG | Time-Of-Day System
DG | HD Lightmaps
DG | Depth-of-Field Effect
✔ | Get characters to work (ALPHA RELEASE ONLY)
✔ | Get weapons to work (ALPHA RELEASE ONLY)
✔ | Update to latest EVOLVED shaders (ALPHA RELEASE ONLY)
✔ | Fix "invalid cubemap size" bug (ALPHA RELEASE ONLY)
✔ | Fix enemies shooting you through walls (ALPHA RELEASE ONLY)

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 11:45
@Nomad Soul
It's a bug that I think I mentioned a few posts back, it crashed the mod
on all occasions, test AND build game. It was to do with the fullscreen
shaders not working, the latest unreleased build should fix this though.
It's compiling right now, and if it works, it's release time.

-TZK

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 01:31
cant wait

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to (600x120) maximum size
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 01:20
Really need this mod. It could still save FPSC yet!

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 01:55 Edited at: 12th Jun 2012 02:26
Quote: "It could still save FPSC yet!"

LOL. Now that comment just made my day.

Quote: "it crashed the mod
on all occasions, test AND build game. It was to do with the fullscreen
shaders not working, the latest unreleased build should fix this though."

I know that feeling. Sifting through lines of code to find that one little needle in a haystack. Hopefully you get it sorted out. You've made some good progress and would be a shame to stop now.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 08:52
Hey buddy, I don't mind you using my videos, but can you at least give me credit? Like a link to my channel to my channel or something...

...was watching the first one and was thinking to myself "this seems familiar"

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 09:30
@DJ Almix
Whoops sorry, you made the videos? I'll credit you right away, sorry.

@BlackFox
Yeah, and I constantly get that "hopeless" feeling too. It's not fun.

@Nomad Soul
I might be able to get it working by starting afresh with the v119 final version, and adding in my fixes. Since that fix I made didn't work, I'll first attempt to put in the test game fix, and release that as a beta.

-TZK

washburnrover
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey TZK, any plans on updating Corvus to 1.20 (when it's released of course)

This mod is looking wonderful (I'm sad that I Overwrote my 1.19 with 1.20 beta 2 before seeing this thread updated, since I wanted it when it was stable for 1.19) But the addition of video textures in 1.20 is an extremely useful tool, and another vital feature to not lose hope of advancing FPSC to professional "pro"tential

So does the depth of field only work with the mod? For some reason i had it in my effectbank, tried it as a post effect and it didn't work

Once again though, great work!

And I just now saw your H6 mod before finishing this post (saw you said H6 is better for low spec, lol, THAT'S ME! ...for now anyways)

My Craptop's Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD sempron 2.1 GHz single-core CPU; ATI radeon 3100 non-HD 256mb dedicated, up to 1.5 GB total; 3 GB DDR2 333 MHz RAM
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 16:34
@washburnrover
I will eventually update it to v1.20, but right now, CorVus is behaving badly
And by the way, you don't actually install the current version of CorVus into your FPSC install, you're meant to build a game with an un-modded FPSC, and then install CorVus into the built game.
Also, ever since v1.17, FPSC has depth-of-field as a stock feature now, open up setup.ini and change this:

to this:

It might also be 0 instead of 1, but that won't matter.

0 = No posteffects
1 = Bloom
2 = DoF
3 = Lightrays

and sadly, H6 mod is being a pain to work with as well. I have made some progress with fixing a few of it's problems though.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 11:10
...and thus ends CorVus mod and Xploid mod. Both mods have now become dead. Mainly due to lack of motivation. Please don't bother with CorVus mod any more, unless you wish to develop it. Xploid mod may have it's final release next week. Absolutely everything works in it except for fullscreen shaders. Of course it cannot be posted here, but I trust that you will be able to find it yourselves.

I've had a good run with CorVus, and it's been a great learning experience developing it, but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and sadly this is CorVus' time.

There will be no further releases of CorVus mod, nor will I fix any more bugs. But hey, I may come back to it and continue one day.

-TZK

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 23:55 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2012 23:56
@The Zombie Killer

This is absolutely devastating news and will be a huge blow for lots of the community. FPSC neeeded this mod.

It looks like we will need to wait as long for dynamic shadows as we did for bump mapping. Well I waited the first time around but time is no longer on my side.

For me this is a very sad day for FPSC. I really thought that Corvus or LR Mod was going to be the next big thing. Introducing Evolved's shaders into the engine was clearly the next step that needed to be taken.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 05:39
@Nomad Soul
Xploid mod is having it's final release on v1.20 or v1.19 next week, so that will probably be what you'll want. It has everything CorVus has, plus bugfixes and better performance. Dark Goblin can continue work on CorVus if he wishes, but I think he said he was going to start working on LRMod again, which reminds me, is there any news DG?

-TZK

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
well...
Some of you might have noticed that I'm not really doing anything with FPSC for some time now and also the work I started some time back on a new LRMod version is far from being anything relevant.

I stopped working with DBP as I'm working as software developer now and have access to C++, C# etc and so it's a pain in the (put word in here) to get back to DBP (simply no IDE is as good as Visual Studio and the DBP debugger is ... bad).

I would still love to get it into FPSC and I follow Evolveds developments in his forum and saw that he is working on a new version of his advanced lighting which looks really promising. If this turns out to be good I might take my chance to port this over to FPSC. But seeing that he is not supporting his old AL version anymore shows me, that we should better wait for the new one and than start from scratch (well this is what I think).

Waiting is something we should be really used to by now and some months more don't hurt. If we than can get what we always wanted ( a FPSC engine with dynamic lighting etc) than this is what we have to do.
Let's just wait for him to finish the first new version and I will have a look into it and (by what I have seen) it looks really promising and the technique he is using now, sounds like the performance hit might be a lot less than with what we have right now.
I will definately look into the new version and than think about the "LRMod topic" again and if it might be succesful this time. And I still hope it, as this is what FPSC truely needs. A new lighting system (and maybe even a new universe system which is modular, so things can be added a lot easier than now).

So this is a pretty big text, but I just thought I share this with you.
Now it's time to wait... AND I WILL WAIT WITH YOU! ^^

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 10:19 Edited at: 25th Jun 2012 10:29
@Dark Goblin
That's great news! Thanks for telling me, in this case, I'll continue to work on CorVus!

EDIT: I just saw the screenshots on EVOLVED's forum, that looks awesome! I can't wait to put it in FPSC.

-TZK

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 21:36
This is much better news. Getting Evolved's new advanced lighting into FPSC would be a massive achievement and clearly the way forward for the next big leap.

Here is the link which people should take a look at:
http://www.evolved-software.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=197

Pic attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
First we have to wait for him to release a first version of the new AL so we can take a look at it.
Than we can think about proting it to FPSC. It will need some work on the shader side I think, as I would still try to use the new way I wanted to go with LRMod Rebirth, that the static geometry does not need to be rendered a second time, so all AL shaders have to be adjusted so they work with the static geometry (so segments and static entities).
If this works out, one can think about proting the real lighting system over and adjust the render steps inside FPSC.
Sounds like a lot of tech talk? - That's what it is exactly

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 01:34 Edited at: 26th Jun 2012 01:34
Would EVOLVED's new advanced lighting affect the lightmapper though? in terms of mem usage? (if ever implemented into fpsc)

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
Ys as I personally would switch over to a complete dynamic lighting system, in which the most lights just illuminate but don't cast shadows, so you can keep the framerate up and still illuminate your scene and have dominant lights which cast the needed shadows.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 00:05
Yes like in Doom 3 a lot of the lights are 'filler' lights which just help illuminate the scene with a primary light which dynamic shadows are cast from.

The important thing is to give the designer choice for which lights cast dynamic shadows.

Getting rid of the FPSC lightmapping system will be one of the best things we will get out of this as it hogs so much memory.

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 02:35 Edited at: 27th Jun 2012 02:35
Quote: "Getting rid of the FPSC lightmapping system will be one of the best things we will get out of this as it hogs so much memory.
"

Yeah a lighting system that calculates light on the fly like how you said would be great.

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 09:35
Development of this has stopped!?

If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 10:29
@uzi idiot
haha, that gave me a good laugh. Yes, development has stopped, but only until EVOLVED releases the new version of his advanced lighting, then CorVus will be better than ever.

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:09:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:09:39