Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC V-Packer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Marc,

Please provide the packed file via a download link and project file via mail.

Will check this.

Smart Packer Pro - Distribute games and applications
V-Packer for Games - Compress your game files into one executable
Flash Packer - Pack your Flash movies
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 09:28
Hi mrniceguy,

The game is available from darkpathogenstudios.pure24design.com. I thought I'd mention that the game runs perfect for me, but a minority of people seem to be having issues. Are there any requirements for FPSC V-Packer?

Slenderman's Shadow - Sanatorium
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=199408&b=35
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 09:49 Edited at: 17th Aug 2012 13:07
Could you please ask people which encounter problems from which folder they start the game?

Let them try to run it from My Documents.

On which point does the error occur, during loading of the game or gameplay? The packed exe is working fine over here.

Nice game BTW!

MTC Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 18:45
Hi all,

I am currently trying out the Smart Packer Pro trial version with Windows 7 but every time I try to build, my antivirus alerts me that there is a virus and deletes the temp. If I build with the antivirus deactivates, everything works fine, but as soons as I turn it on again, it deletes the exe that I built with Smart Packer.
This is a serious concern if I distribute my software built with Smart Packer and my customers have that same problem on their systems.
My question is, is this a bug with the trial version? Did anyone else who uses Smart Packer experience this? The program looks great and works great with the antivirus disabled, but all my customers will likely have aniviruses on their system and wiil therefore be unable to run my software if I create it with Smart Packer.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Tom

www.mtcmusic.ca
MTC Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2012 23:02
Hi all,

Just wanted to close the ambiguous situation with the positive virus flag using Smart Packer Pro. It was just a problem with the Trial version I just purchased the full version (1.7) and I have no problems with the virus check. All systems go! It was just a problem with the Trial 1.2 version.
I thought this info could be useful to anyone who downloads the trial version and gets a virus flag from their AV.

The program (SP-pro) works amazingly well and is an excellent product!

Thanks to all those who gave me their help!

Tom

www.mtcmusic.ca
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for nice comments!

We will provide a new trial version asap!

robert _988778
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC V-Packer does NOT work with Windows Vista (at least)

Problem 1: The game.exe hangs for 10-20 seconds. ie if you quit the game and try to restart it won't start. Look in Task Manager/Processes and you'll see it's still running for ages after.

Problem 2: If you close it from Processes the game will never run again no matter what you do. Even a system restore will not bring the game back.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH THE TRIAL VERSION!!!!

My advice is, when you get the above problem, demand a refund. When they tell you they don't give refunds because you got the trial first make sure you tell them the problem does not exist in the trial.

I expect to get banned again for pointing out that this prblem exists so please repost it when I'm gone.

Vishnu packer is better even though you get the "Works with X9 only" giveaway in the xbox controller option. (Just call your game Zombies X9
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2012 21:43
Quote: "I expect to get banned again for pointing out that this prblem exists so please repost it when I'm gone."

Again, nobody gets banned for pointing out issues. It's the attitude in which issues are posted that can lead to a ban. The forum has 2 bug reporting boards, which you are encouraged to use when issues are found and can be reproduced.

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 02:51
Robert,
Support from the developers website is EXCELLENT! ( Personal Experience )
If you email nicely, I am sure they will get back to you with a solution to your problem, promptly.

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2012 12:24 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2012 12:43
Quote: "Support from the developers website is EXCELLENT! ( Personal Experience )"

Thank you. Always good to hear that!

First of all we would like to solve the problem of this customer (which in our opinion is machine related and not a real FPS V-Packer problem). Second the trial version is similar to the full version.

Even after similar (very rude) response of this person and accussation of being a scam I tried a last attempt to find a solution.
Unfortunately we experienced the negative attitude again so our team decided to stop futher investigation and refunded his money two weeks ago (never done before and not our policy).

MTC Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 17:13
I can also say that the guys at SmartPacker Pro are extremely helpful and work very hard at solving any problems as soon as they are reported. I am speaking from experience since I have had a problem and they worked (and are still working) very hard to solve it. This kind of customer support is rare and that's what makes a product worth buying.

www.mtcmusic.ca

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:37:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:37:29