Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Wolf and Bugsy present: The Cyberpunk Pack [W.I.P] - now available to purchase through TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2012 01:30
Quote: "If I may also suggest things like cyber punk road signs, street lamps, road blocks and traffic cones"

All in the pack. Except for the cones. I'll think about that.

Quote: "I hope it doesn't bother you.. "
Nope! Go ahead, you french frenchperson.

Quote: "I would think it would be logical to rig the weapons to already created hands for universal support."

Yes indeed! But I was unaware of the license agreements if we are going to sell on non-fpsc-related websites aswell and hey! this wont be our last pack, so maybe our handrig will become standart in the future

Quote: "also sci-fi-ish cars and such to use as probs for a street scene."

Hmm...I'm already doing 2 vehicles and I don't have that much time. Until the planned content is developed, I won't confirm, nor deny any additional models.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 25th May 2012 01:53
Oh nice!

Im glad you're planning on selling on non-fpsc related sites because Im no longer using FPSC.

What would the price be on the entire pack?

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 04:43
we were considering also selling on turbosquid, but for a higher price perhaps, at this point we're not sure.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 12:18 Edited at: 25th May 2012 12:38
You also need smoke/fire stacks/pipes, no cyberpunk game is complete without bladerunner type industrial pipes belching out stuff into the sky.

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/how-the-blade-runner-opening-sequence-was-created-20100915.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Only thing about that is the fact that the smoke will be static. I'd try to keep the illusion that there is a living city beyond the limits you are confined in...

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 22:06 Edited at: 25th May 2012 22:09
You can add smoke, fire, whatever, yourself with sprites or particles.

Whats happening with those group block buildings on the secong page? It looks like the lower half has more polys in, and the upper half uses a tex map only, is that what you have done?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2012 05:41
each building block is one object, and it's not very high poly. most of the stuff in this pack is low poly. wolf is currently working on texturing the buildingblocks.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 04:21
Quote: "wolf is currently working on texturing the buildingblocks."

and the pipes, the gun, the storethings, the other things, the big machine things and more holothings.

To put it short: Wolf is working on a lot of things for things.

Speaking of things: There are some things I know and some things I don't. One of the things I don't is doing flawless animated sprites....or flawed animated sprites for that matter.

Quote: "Im glad you're planning on selling on non-fpsc related sites because Im no longer using FPSC."

Well, no matter what you use, you can still buy the pack here

Quote: "bladerunner type industrial pipes"

I get back to you on that Promise!

@fallen one: Thanks for the link! It was an interesting video and read. I just love how special effects crews worked before the digital age. Its just plain fun to watch.

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2012 09:01
Quote: "flawless animated sprites"

I can animate this sprite, I just can't make it a sprite

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 22:30
imageflock.com/img/1338406172.png[/img]

before I go off for the summer- new simple wires and segments teaser for the pack.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 23:06
imageflock.com/img/1338408377.png[/img]

wires and pillaradverts

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 22:05
what do i make my future apartment with?

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 03:41
Anticipation!! Come on guys, I need this for my super secret project!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 07:01
"Off for the summer?" No more work for a whole summer? Arrrggghhhh!!!

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 08:49
Quote: ""Off for the summer?" No more work for a whole summer? Arrrggghhhh!!!"

HAHA nah. wolf is hard at work being a texture slave, and once he finishes all the models UV maps and textures he'll post them. then I'll be back early august, animate all the guns, and we should be able to release early september like it said in the trailer.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2012 05:35
Quote: "what do i make my future apartment with?"

I don't get it

Quote: "Anticipation!! Come on guys, I need this for my super secret project!"

Mind elaborating on this super secret project to us. It MIGHT make us work faster.

Quote: ""Off for the summer?" No more work for a whole summer? Arrrggghhhh!!!"

Nah, I'm still around. Bugsy will come back though! He has to...he has to animate all these guns

Quote: "HAHA nah. wolf is hard at work being a texture slave, and once he finishes all the models UV maps and textures he'll post them."

Yes! its almost like a second job at this point.

So yeah...why did I post here in the first place?
Oh yes! the first gun thing:

It took me 3 remakes to get a somewhat decent UVchannel (please never take a look at it xD) and texture for this one but I think I
finally nailed it.

The final polycount of this will clock in at 3000 something. I havent removed unnecessary faces yet (its at 4171 now). Thats a chore I probably keep until the postproduction in July. (before everything goes to Bugsy so he can work his magic on the animations.)

Yeah! I get back to you on some props tomorrow or monday. I get a haircut too...that will be exciting

Till next time

@Bugsy: Red highlights as promised... the pink ones where cool too though

-Wolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2012 22:53
Alright, here I am again, this time with some buildings. Sadly Bugsy isn't around to do one of his cityscapes to present them so you have to take a simple preview.

The first mesh is a sealed of cityblock where poor people live or whatever suits your storyline. I'll do a few of these to crowd your horizons. They come with nightime versions too that might come in handy if you are using another engine and you coded in a day-night cycle.

Below you'll see a crosshaped building with a slightly odd texture. I do a lot of buildings, trying different styles. I like this one

Next to it. Same thing with an attached pyramid for fans of dystopic skylines

and then there are the Winter Corp Towers with antennas and stuff...they have antennas and stuff

Feedback is appreciated, more to come next week

-Wolf

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2012 23:36
Looks awesome Wolf, you're one hell of a talented guy

Official LightStorm Engine BETA Tester
/?m=forum_view&t=190541&b=21
loler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 01:30 Edited at: 4th Jun 2012 17:13
wow all this stuff is so great
how much do you think it will cost ?

its not a bug its a feature
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 03:39
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 05:28
I just wana try this out in UDK... These would look great in it...

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to (600x120) maximum size
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 09:05
well when it's released you can have at it!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 23:47
@Marc Steene: Thanks! thats really flattering.

The SMG:

Model by me, design by Bugsy.

The next 3 guns will be designed by me. Be very afraid!!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 00:24
nice looking guns wolf
also this is a sly attempt for a sig test

Fallen Angel Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 07:28
Quote: "Just a question will this be free?"

Quote: "No, this will be sold."

Darn it, I'm dead broke and these models look amazing.

Can you make something like this for free, or will I have to mop around and cry since I can't buy this.

Note: I only have FPSC Free, but I have Model Pack 5.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 21:24
Given the amount of work, and time spent on such a project, it is very unlikly that you will find anything similar at no cost. A project like this requires many, many hours of hard work. And given the quality of the media presented thus far, The proposed price tag for this is quite a great deal. I would start saving your pennies for this one. I know I will.

Back from the Wasteland.
Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Darn it, I'm dead broke and these models look amazing.

Can you make something like this for free, or will I have to mop around and cry since I can't buy this."

Really, you can't scrape together $20 by the end of the summer? Even if you raid the couch cushions and stick the change in a jar once a week from now until then you should be able to come up with $20.

I'd honestly like to know why you won't be able to buy this pack. If it's because you're a kid, there's ways for kids to earn money. Back when I was a kid I went around door to door offering to walk dogs, wash cars, mow lawns, whatever to earn a few bucks. As a result, I had spending money whenever I wanted it by just putting in a little effort and helping my neighbors instead of vegging out in front of the TV every day after school.

If you're like me now and you're all grown up with a good paying job but you've got more bills than money most of the time, there's still ways to put aside $20. Bring lunch from home for a week instead of eating out. Brew your own coffee and avoid the Starbucks. Drink water instead of soda pop. Boom, you can have $20 in no time.

Seriously, tell me your story. If it's sad and pathetic enough and actually plausible that it would be impossible for you to save up $20 by September, then I will GIVE YOU $20 to buy this pack.

It compiled! Ship it!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Pack is looking good guys!
Fallen Angel Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 00:13
Quote: "Really, you can't scrape together $20 by the end of the summer? Even if you raid the couch cushions and stick the change in a jar once a week from now until then you should be able to come up with $20.

Seriously, tell me your story. If it's sad and pathetic enough and actually plausible that it would be impossible for you to save up $20 by September, then I will GIVE YOU $20 to buy this pack.
"

I am a kid, but my parents don't want me to buy stuff like this off the internet. I could probably scrape up $20 bucks by August/September, but my parents won't let me buy this. They don't like internet shopping unless it's on iTunes or Amazon.com. They only brought me a few model packs off of the TGC store, and that's it. They won't let me buy anything else off the TGC store, even with my own money.

Note: I only have FPSC Free, but I have Model Pack 5.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 06:27
we will work on other purchase options such as turbosquid.

knm128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 09:34
Where did you get the post effect used in the screenshots?

Mech suits, electric hands, jetpacks, invisibly, and much much more. All on Rising Arms.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 14:22
Filmgrain shader

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 17:49
Quote: "Filmgrain shader"

actually ertlov, that's wrong for these pics! the shader uses a combo of chromatic abberation, scanlines, filmgrain, and bluish washout. I edited one of uzi-idiot's, and he said we can put it in the pack.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 18:20
Bugsy is even a gymnast. Talk about talent.

Looking great.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 19:11
had no idea flatlander knew that but it's probably my sig
rest assured I can't double backflip on ground yet XD
thanks flatlander!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 23:16
Quote: "Given the amount of work, and time spent on such a project, it is very unlikly that you will find anything similar at no cost. A project like this requires many, many hours of hard work. And given the quality of the media presented thus far, The proposed price tag for this is quite a great deal."

Hey! Thanks cosmic Besides being at a low cost: its also good practice for me as I'm still pretty green at modeling.
I aim at doing this as a freelancer to make some coin on the site in the future provided I have the time.

Quote: "Can you make something like this for free"

Well,I can't make something like this for free because its a lot of timeconsuming work. I'm on this pack until september (okay, mostly because I dont have time for anything anymore in my life) and while modeling is a lot of fun. Unwrapping, getting the stuff in fpsc and testing it is actually real work and we would like to get a few extra coins for it. You'll see some free media from us though, don't worry.

Quote: "Pack is looking good guys! "

Quote: "Looking great guys"

Thanks fellas!

I'm still stuck texturing and readjusting the flood of meshes bugsy blew me in the face. This will probably take forever so... ah yeah! and I forgot to add this mesh to the last building screenshot

knm128
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 02:27
Is filmgrain the one that makes those lines? Because that could come in handy.

Check out Rising Arms, at the Fpsc Work In Progress forum!
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 12:36
Quote: "the shader uses a combo of chromatic abberation, scanlines, filmgrain, and bluish washout. I edited one of uzi-idiot's, and he said we can put it in the pack."

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 21:39 Edited at: 28th Jun 2012 20:58
Quote: "Is filmgrain the one that makes those lines? Because that could come in handy.
"

Njet, majo solstrajew! Filmgrain makes the grainish pixels while a scanline shader makes the...scanlines. Uzi idiot did all that. you can ask or email the guy about that.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 21:39
Woah! This thread went south fast

Anyway, I've got a quick update for you guys:

-Wolf

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 22:32 Edited at: 27th Jun 2012 22:38
Man I love these updates. This just looks amazing. Sometimes I don't want to look for surprise reasons but you just can't help yourself. Keep this up guys and cram it so much that the packer program is on the brink of explosion.

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 13:11
Outstanding! Simply awesome models! Can't wait

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 01:46 Edited at: 29th Jun 2012 01:53
Thanks guys!

A cyberfunky lightficture...yeah, I dont know, bugsy requested it and here it is

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2012 16:08
Between this, the new Steampunk Community pack, Wizard of Id's warehouse WIP and Pixxsoft (if it ever launches ) there is just sooo much great media that I can't wait to get my hands on!

New sig in the process of being made
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 21:15

Bugsy actually told me to throw in a pistol...but come on, thats getting old
...and I haven't done a revolver before. (plus, I think mine's cooler than the one in blade runner )

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 23:31
damn that'll be hard to animate! interesting to think of how I'll do it.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 03:40
If you pull on the ring/string does it talk?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 03:43
yep! it says
"do you feel lucky, punk?"

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 13:19 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 13:21
oh come on buddies...what is this, 15mm iranium enriched ammo?
wouldnt be the weapon of choice for a bladerunner because you wont be able to identify/find any piece of your victim anymore.^^

nice.

btw. (5,56/.222 rifle ammo ): http://props.steinschneider.com/brblaster/br_ad.htm

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 22:23
Quote: "If you pull on the ring/string does it talk? "

Oh...oooh! ...well, once you see it, you can't unsee it

No, the lower part is a fictional identification ray that scans the targeted subject for an implanted ID chip. If it has one that is declared hostile, the holosight will say so, if it has one and is not declared hostile, it marks civilian. If it has none, the targeted person gets declared as rogue/ unindoctrinated citizen and might be a threat to law enforcment personel.Its kind of an orvellian society inspired gun.

None of this will work in fpsc ... so there is a ringstring attached.

Quote: "oh come on buddies...what is this, 15mm iranium enriched ammo?"

No! its a bb gun to play in the garden you brute o.O I'm shocked that you might think I would ever design something lethal.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:15:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:15:35