Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Wolf and Bugsy present: The Cyberpunk Pack [W.I.P] - now available to purchase through TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 10:59
Quote: "None of this will work in fpsc ... so there is a ringstring attached"

Actually looking at the stuff EAI is doing with his sci-fi guns this sounds like it just might be possible. Maybe you attach 3 planes to 3 limbs and have each of the planes textured with a trans. tex that syas "civvi", "hostile", "unidentified" on it and then you can use a script to see what type of NPC the player is pointing at and make the limbs appear/dissapear.

Ofcourse this is entirely hypothetical but I think with the new gunspec commands with V1.20 you just might be able to pull it off! Give it a shot!

Awesome weapon and awesome models as always Bugsy, id love to see that string dangle around in the move forward animation, would look cool!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 19:57
well, if it's rigged to move I can do that!

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 21:46
Quote: "Actually looking at the stuff EAI is doing with his sci-fi guns this sounds like it just might be possible"

this is a bit off topic but where did you find out about that? I'd like to see some of his work, makes me real excited to see that Errant's doing some scifi weapons!

[/href]

++New Products Being Uploaded++
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 22:19
Quote: "well, if it's rigged to move I can do that!"

About that...any progress?

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 04:18 Edited at: 5th Jul 2012 04:20
Quote: "this is a bit off topic but where did you find out about that? I'd like to see some of his work, makes me real excited to see that Errant's doing some scifi weapons!"

Well I can't say for 100% but EAI has droppe numerous hints that he is working on a scifi weapons pack. Read through the TF341 thread also, the thing I was talking about was a slightly tweaked version of what's going on in this video... I know it's a modded version but it would be absolutely sweet to see this in FPSC

Sorry for the Off-Topic!!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 00:21
Any news?

New sig in the process of being made
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 16:21
yeah, I emailed rick and this will be an official model pack after all, just after I go over the details with wolf.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2012 19:37
That would be so sweet! I hope he says yes

New sig in the process of being made
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
any new updates

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 03:09
see above. otherwise no. if you guys watch The Nephilism Protocol trailer, it says that it'll be out in september, and that it shall be. unless there is a problem, which i doubt there will be.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 15:14
*Future Bought

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 23:07 Edited at: 14th Jul 2012 23:14
Quote: "yeah, I emailed rick and this will be an official model pack after all, just after I go over the details with wolf.
"

Awaiting your call! great news btw.

@Josh: Thanks!

@sic1ne and wraithstaff:

Just finished this cute little thing:

Don't worry about the glowing chrome parts, the bloom affects the specular map and the emissive map. the only thing really glowing are the green fluorescent highlights as ordered by maestro bugsy.

It has a pretty cool holographic sight that I can't show because Marmoset is too stuck up to load my alpha channel and fragmotion doesn't like transparent parts either. Lets just call this a surprise for the release

The chrome parts that are rather dominant on this gun should give it a modern look. The digital camo wasn't on the first draft, therefore I wanted to add something to class up the black monotony. I think it looks rather cool with both now.

The magazine has the usual 3D Bullet in it so you don't reload a simple box like in old 3d Shooters.

-Wolf

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 23:34
Wow. That looks incredible!

If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 01:29
Quote: "Awaiting your call!"

then get on skype!

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW these are some GREAT MODELS, will you release them or keep them for yourself?

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 09:48
@Zwarte piet

It's going to be an official model pack

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
@ poloflece Sweet, also I sent you an e-mail did you get it.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 10:17
Yeah I got the 2 you sent on Tuesday.

@ Wolf/bugsy

Looking great! If I still had a use for model packs then this would be my first choice.

Poloflece

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2012 18:38
Looks amazing Wolf! Cant wait Bugs.

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
OmegaWolf98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 12:46
Is this going to be free?

Fried gorilla
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 18:35 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 18:37
Quote: "Is this going to be free?"

No and why should it be? The quality of the work will be worth buying it within itself.
If I hadn't of won it in the Screenshot Compo, I'd have bought it anyway. $20 for all of this is a GREAT bargain.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196002&b=24&msg=2340456#m2340456

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 23:58
astek's right. It's a model pack. sorry OmegaWolf98. We hope you get it anyways.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 01:26 Edited at: 20th Jul 2012 01:27
Quote: "will you release them or keep them for yourself?"

These get released...and it looks like it will be an official Modelpack.

Quote: "If I still had a use for model packs then this would be my first choice."

You're in 2D now or did you quit completely?

Quote: "Is this going to be free?"

No, as mentioned above, it will probably be an official Modelpack and cost around 20 USD.

Quote: "No and why should it be? The quality of the work will be worth buying it within itself. "

Thanks Astek!

Even though I'm dead tired, I still made a presentation shot of a model I finished yesterday...only because I like you guys so much:

Thats the Mimmler and Sons ASX Security Standart Shotgun. I like giving my things names.

You can arm your average security employee, policeman or company merc (whatever suits your game) with this gun. Its a typical pump action shotgun (Bugsy and I decided to keep the guns rather conventional for this first pack). In the detail shot you can see a Fingerprint reader to unlock the gun and a little numpad in case you have to unlock it via security code. I like to design fictional gear in a way it could exist in the near future
That way its a boring normal shotung with a cybertwist to it...and it has the fluorescent parts that bugsy likes so much

I'm practically falling asleep as I type so...good night and thanks for the interest.

Edit: Nevermind the last "chrome'ish" picture...Its specular without a specular map and I thought it would look kinda cool.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
This is just bad a__ work, I can't wait to get it.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "I can proudly say I am the self proclaimed segment king,what have you done lately?" WOI
OmegaWolf98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 08:32
That shotgun looks so cool, I'd love to buy this when it comes out.

Fried gorilla
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 23:22 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2012 23:23
Thanks folks! I just hope I can statisfy your expectations.

Also: Fresh from the meshlab, the sniper rifle.

Thats the last gun...from now on,I'll be working on probs only

-Wolf

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
sweeeeeeeeet.............!!!!!...

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 04:06
You guys are doing an amazing job. Seriously wolf, and bugsy, keep it up!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 17:51 Edited at: 30th Jul 2012 17:52
Thanks guys! We will thats a promise.

I just finished the rifle...that was much more work than I anticipated.
Mahigan ZEUS II Large Caliber Sniper Rifle

Only the revolver is left.

-Wolf

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 18:33 Edited at: 30th Jul 2012 18:34

Just, just do it!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 20:19
Will do!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 22:54
LOL ^

Seriously excellent job on the Sniper wolf. I really hope this is not the last pack you guys make. Even though there is a lot of sci-fi stuff. You cannot have enough. We neeeed mooooooaaarrr!!

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 19:01
THis stuff looks awesome, but what I think would make the weapons look better is if you used Xnormal to bake ambient occlusion onto the model, export it as a jpg, and overlay it by seting it to multiply on the diffuse. I think it would add some more depth to them and make them look less flat. Just make sure that your smoothing groups are good before youdo this otherwise you will end up with some wierd results with generating the AO. They STILL look really great though! Are you still using Milkshape to make them?

[/href]

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 21:56
I can't wait to animate this stuff!

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't wait until this is released! I am definitely ordering it!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 09:34
imageflock.com/img/1343889213.png[/img]

guess who's back from vacation, and made a cool little wire thingy fitting the stock sci-fi lightswitch?

me!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 01:25 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2012 01:26
Wires! Nice wires bugsy! This pack will inclued so many wires that you can wire everything to anything! You are going to be totally wired!

Speaking of wires: I removed the ringstring from the revolver!

The original idea was to make it in a chrome-silver style as the smith&wesson revolver it was based on. However, I spoke to bugsy and we concluded that any chrome effect on a HUD Gun would look rather poor in fpsc. I was unsure about this at first but I think it turned out to be fairly decent.

Its actually an energy weapon in a classic revolver style. The drum being a pulsebattery. Its just an idea! Everything can change before the release...ANYTHING! You think you can handle that?

Thats the last gun! Now I will do props... throughout the entire month of august! The amount of media bugsy and I will produce throughout this month will also dictate the pricetag we put on this (It will be between 20 and 30 Dollars...).

Bugsy and I might even make a big futuristic game together! I hope you guys are wired for that too because it will be overflowing with cyberpunk stuff and wires! (you will even get a sewer level...an environment never seen before in an fps)

And now lets get to your feedback!

@Soviet176:
Quote: "I really hope this is not the last pack you guys make. Even though there is a lot of sci-fi stuff. You cannot have enough. We neeeed mooooooaaarrr!!"

Not very likely I really enjoy making this 3D stuff...and have you heard that we will make so many wires? I hope you're wirded for it

Glad you like it

@Hamburger:
Quote: "THis stuff looks awesome, but what I think would make the weapons look better is if you used Xnormal to bake ambient occlusion onto the model, export it as a jpg, and overlay it by seting it to multiply on the diffuse. I think it would add some more depth to them and make them look less flat. "

Adding some ambient occlusion on the guns is a great idea! FPSC does not generate shadows on the HUD Mesh so this would be a good compromise for it. Thanks for that Hamburger!

Quote: "Just make sure that your smoothing groups are good before youdo this otherwise you will end up with some wierd results with generating the AO"

If you are refering to the untextured preview of the sniper rifle: I fix things like that later in fragmotion That mesh came straight out of milkshape.

Quote: "Are you still using Milkshape to make them?"

Absolutely! For lowpoly things best there is (in MY opinion folks...so keep it in your pants you autodesk software users) and I'm also not good enough to actually use the potential of a 3DS max. MS3D is perfect for me. I do however use it in combination with fragmotion.

If I work on organic meshes with a higher polycount, I also use Hexagon 2. It seems to be fairly decent even though I cant get myself to really really like it...

I also took a look at your Turbosquid library! Very retro I like it!! Reminds of the UT Times where online playing was still fun.

@geistschatten: Thanks!

Alright! stay tuned for more props...and all the wires! wires!

-Wolf

SuPeR_DuDe911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 06:21
wow super fantastic weapons... looks like you guys could whip up amazing sci-fi/futuristic weaponry. Pretty freaken amazing stuff
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 08:41
Quote: "Bugsy and I might even make a big futuristic game together! I hope you guys are wired for that too because it will be overflowing with cyberpunk stuff and wires!"

cyberpunk sewers: regular sewers with 60% more japanese

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 09:08
Quote: "Mahigan ZEUS II Large Caliber Sniper Rifle"

thats all the convincing I need!

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 14:57
Quote: "Absolutely! For lowpoly things best there is (in MY opinion folks...so keep it in your pants you autodesk software users"

No way mate! We could argue on this forever lol

TERRIFIC work on the revolver... It wasnt showing up for me for some reason but I just opened it up in a new window and bam, my eyes popped out

Keep it up and cant wait!

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 13:23
Quote: " looks like you guys could whip up amazing sci-fi/futuristic weaponry. Pretty freaken amazing stuff "

Oh yeah! And we might even do it! We kept it simple in this first pack but there will be more on the road

Quote: "cyberpunk sewers: regular sewers with 60% more japanese"
And don't forget all the wires!

Quote: "TERRIFIC work on the revolver... It wasnt showing up for me for some reason but I just opened it up in a new window and bam, my eyes popped out"

Glad you like it!

Alright people! A little poll here:

The Handmesh! bare arms or sleeves??

Your opinion is needed

-Wolf

anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 14:06
Bare Arms + Gloves

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 15:15
fingerless gloves. i care not for much else.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 19:31 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 19:34
fingerless gloves and sleeves!

I don't really want the same style as EAI's hands or the ones from the other packs, I want a new style, like fingerless gloves and sleeves!

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 04:49
Quote: "I also took a look at your Turbosquid library! Very retro I like it!! Reminds of the UT Times where online playing was still fun."

Hey thanks wolf! Im currently trying to make some higher end stuff as well, to take my library into a new level. Oh by the way when I was talking about smoothing groups, I meant just in general. Xnormal bakes funny looking AO maps when you have one smoothing group applied to the whole model.

I also use milkshape too, in conjunction with a host of other 3d programs and other applications. I also use gmax to make some new primitives for milkshape (like 20 sliced tubes).

[/href]

FPSC Classic Guns Needed
Years of Service
User Offline
Fingerless gloves and rolled up army-colored sleeves, like 3drt's sci-fi pack!

Best game ever- Bioshock 2
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 15:21
Quote: "fingerless gloves and sleeves"

For a cyberpunk environment (especially by bugsy) the player would want to be jumping around alot, so I think having a sleeved vest would be pretty cumbersome.

Poloflece

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 00:49
poloflece knows me too well.
anyways remember this is a model pack, so most people will be using it. most people don't love parkour like I do.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
I just saw the new Total Recall movie and it totally (no pun intended) reminded me of this pack! No doubt some awesome games are going to come from this pack =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:42:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:42:19