Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Rush to Adventure

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 20:00
Quote: "DA, I just played RTA all the way through, really liked it! It's very well polished..."

Thank you

Quote: "It looks like you may be using EnableClearColor(). I'm not sure if you are aware, but this causes unexpected behaviour on some devices... My Galaxy S4 for example, creates like a duplicate image on the left/right edge. Take a look at this screenshot, you'll see what I mean..."

Yeah, to get more speed on OUYA I have disabled the screen clearing. This shouldn't be a problem since the black sprite I use for fading should have made the backbuffer black. Seems like your phone doesn't like not having sprites covering up the entire screen. That can be fixed later with black sprites around the edges. Thanks for pointing it out

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 20:37
And yes, the capturing software does slow things down. I can't appear to reduce the window size to compensate.

Here is the image of the weird error I encountered on my Windows 7 machine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 22:16
Quote: "And yes, the capturing software does slow things down. I can't appear to reduce the window size to compensate."

Have you tried altering the game's window size in the setup file? Just open it up in Notepad or AGK. Something like 800x480 should be suitable.

Quote: "Here is the image of the weird error I encountered on my Windows 7 machine."

Looks like the map tiles hasn't been switched on. I wonder if this and other bugs reported can have something to do with the game loosing focus during a loop?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 13:28
Just spotted this: http://indiegames.com/2013/10/demo_rush_to_play_rush_to_adve.html

Not sure if you've seen it yet...

oct(31) = dec(25)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 14:44
Very nice writeup. Cool!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2013 23:08
Thanks for finding that one Bax I have not seen it before. Really nice to get an article. I've not contacted them so I guess they found it on the TIGSource forum. I've been contacted by a guy making Youtube videos. I'll post about it here once it's up.

Running/dashing is not very hard to add and I've not finalized the gameplay yet.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 14:45 Edited at: 10th Nov 2013 14:46
Here's the video up on Youtube.

I started up a dev diary on my website here.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 14:57 Edited at: 20th Nov 2013 15:10

Sorry about the lack of updates lately. I've been too busy with other things. Here's a look at the new level art I'm working on. Feedback is much appreciated

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 20:00
I like, I like

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 23:52
I watched nuggets video and its great with exposure like that

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2013 17:35
Thanks Chris

Cliff: The movie is a really good thing to have. Sadly his channel isn't very popular. But I've posted the video here and there. The 120 views really shows the current level of interest/awareness of the game.

I have to work on making the game more appealing. This will be tackled with 2 things: The new backgrounds for visuals and improving/adding to the gameplay. The alpha really has to show more of the potential of the game. Once I complete it, I really need to focus on marketing.

I've been working on the editor this weekend. I am short on time and not too excited about working on it. I got the loading and saving done. I figured out how to load and save directly do the game directory. This will save me the hassle of dealing with multiple copies of files in different directories. But more importantly, I can edit the levels while playing. I can make changes, save the level and then reloading it in the game. Both the editor and the game running at the same time.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2013 17:43
Progress is quite slow at the moment as I only get a few hours every Sunday to work on RTA. Today I have made the monster tool so I can select type and color and then place, flip, move and delete monsters. This means I got most of the functionality of the old editor working in the new one. Hopefully I can get this editor done by the end of next week. The big one that will be the most complex to code is the marquee tool that will allow me to select and move chunks of the map around. This tool is going to make editing maps so much easier. This is the most important reason for making this editor before advancing the game further. Let's say I want to increase the jump height. That would require changing positions and distances on most maps.

BTW, I got a list of 14 items to work on for the game itself. Not including getting the backgrounds working. One of them is a new AI type I want to add. It will be a melee type and more advanced than the current ones.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 17:06
Looking forward to seeing more; life gets real busy at times.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 10:40
I'm finally done with the editor. It's been a long process due to the lack of time and not the most fun stuff to code at times. Here's some shots to show of how it works

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 15:43
The editor looks pretty darn sweet
Great work da and merry xmas.

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 18:21
Thanks I realized a few hours later that I forgot to write in some holiday greetings. Just had too much on my mind.

God jul, merry Christmas

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 21:42
I had a play through of the pre-alpha the other day and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time.

I liked levelling up the character, it's nice and simple and very much fits with portable gaming (I was playing it on the train).

The level editor looks nice. How many levels are you planning on creating? My gut feeling is telling me you're going to need quite a few, say in the ball park of 30 to 40 minimum if you keep them the same length as the ones in the pre-alpha, with the same amount of interaction with the world map as the player uncovers new areas.

It's interesting watching this game develop.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 12:10
Thanks

You will be able to level up 20 times so I think at least 40 levels, we'll see what the total number ends up at. I am thinking 10 levels for the alpha. There will be 5 bosses as well. As you progress further then levels will become longer. But not crazy long.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 23:08
Today I started working on the actual alpha. The coins now bob up and down and when you touch them they fly up and fade away. Water and lava is now animated. I have increased the movement speed by 15% so the game feels less sluggish. I have also increased the jumping power (and gravity) so you now jump 1 tile higher and 1 tile longer. This is manly to increase the possibilitis for level design. Should also make the jump feel less floaty. Enemies are now slowed slightly on hit, depending on the weight of your sword. Blocking melee attacks with the iron shield also slows the enemy.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 18:03

I finally figured out what I wanted to do for the tower background. I am quite pleased with the result. What do you think? I'll keep on pushing on the backgrounds this weekend. I'll hopefully get one or two more done. Two more would complete the backgrounds for the alpha so I would love to get both done. Not sure how I want to do them yet though.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 19:41
Looks just right!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 19:47 Edited at: 4th Jan 2014 19:47
Agreed! It looks perfect...

Just out of interest, how are you finding creating levels? For me, it is the bane of my existence!! I've had the media ready to complete World 3 on my app for months and months, I just can't bring myself to actually create the levels haha... Is it just me lol?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 22:09 Edited at: 4th Jan 2014 22:12
Thanks guys

Funnel7:
So far I have made 7 levels, using my old editor. It was OK but they are quite short. My new editor will make the process much easier. I probably won't love it. The method I am using is just make whatever and just tweak it afterwards. What I really don't like to do are these backgrounds. Well, finishing the new level editor was worse. What helps is open up the programs, put on some good music and get some snacks etc. Tea works wonders for me. And I usually get up and do other things now and then. Or watch something on Youtube etc.

Since the image ended up on the previous page, here it comes again:

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 01:30
As the others have said, the background looks really good with the rest of the level

Quote: "finishing the new level editor was worse"

Im working on the level editor for my game right now and its really tedious work. Especially since I have to create a menu system for it at the same time.

Quote: "Or watch something on Youtube etc."

That usualy just ends with me watching youtube for hours instead of actual coding

Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 10:12
Thanks

Quote: "Im working on the level editor for my game right now and its really tedious work. Especially since I have to create a menu system for it at the same time.
"

I did my own menu system and my own UI functions etc. The worst part for me was to get my bottom toolbar to work. Basically it loads various images and makes buttons out of them. It wasn't hard but I really didn't want to do it. I started on the editor in July! I got tired of it and coded the pre-alpha.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 18:18
I also do not like working on editors, but I find such work gets really interesting as the editor becomes more effective. I incorporate my editor UI features in the game, so two birds are knocked off with one stone; an addition to the editor is also an addition to the game.

The background looks perfect

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 15:44
Thanks Chris

Here's the new cave background. I really like the light effects on this. Not sure if I'm happy with all the rock formations so I might redo parts of it in the future.

On the TIGsource forum I've had a discussion about the stiffness of the controls and the short attack range. I have made an unofficial version with the new jump height, movement speed and some smoothing on the controls (etc). I can't smooth the controls too much as the current gameplay requires fast and precise moves. It doesn't have the new backgrounds as they are not coded in yet. I would really like your opinion on controls and attack range so please download this version and tell me what you think.

Windows
Android/OUYA

BTW, was watching AVGN play Castlevania yesterday and those games (at least the 8-bit ones) doesn't seem so have any smoothing on the controls. But the attack range is far longer of course. Castlevania is BTW another game that inspired me to make RTA, just forgot about it

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 18:16
That image scored a retweet by Ouya's game guy

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 20:11 Edited at: 12th Jan 2014 20:11
I must say I really do like your game... Can't wait for it to be completely finished...

To be honest, I didn't think the controls were that bad originally, having said that, it does feel a lot better now. The attack range and jump especially. One thing I did notice today, is that if you position yourself just far enough away to not be in range of the chomping plants, when they try to bite you, hitting them does no damage, even though visually you have hit them...

Keep up the good work!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 21:00
Thanks Funnell7 I can't wait either.

The sword's hit box is exactly the same in this version. But you are 15% faster and you slide a few pixels forward. The hit box is moved ahead some to compensate for the slide.

The target area for the chomping plats stays with it's base. I don't want you to be able to hit them from a safe distance Your range is also slightly shorter than theirs. But I have set their detection range longer than their reach because I want them to feel aggressive.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 01:14
Just played it through, but will have to compare it to the last version a little more closely. It felt good though, and I like the Castlevania influence! I watched those runs too, amazing stuff. Did you see the Super Metroid race?!?! That was insane! But that's off topic

Also, with that build, I can only play on easy, as all the other difficulty settings just give me a black screen and the grid marker. I've attached an image below of what I get...

Greelig

ZacDuff.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 09:20
Super Metroid race? By Angry Video Game Nerd?

That's a weird result. I can't think of anything that I have changed that causes it. Basically the map tiles are not drawn, it's like you got started outside the game map. Could you try to delete the save file? You can do that from within the game, it's in options > more.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 09:44
I misread AVGN as AGDQ - the speedrunning marathon that happened over the last week to raise money for a cancer foundation. My bad Regardless, there were some amazing runs that happened, well worth watching. Here is the link, btw.

I'll try deleting the save files and let you know how I go.

Greenlig

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 12:43
Not much of an update this week. I've been dead tired all week and busy this weekend. You now get an option to start a new game or continue when there is an existing save file. Taking damage from enemies always results in a knockback in the correct direction. And an end of level sign, in the shape of an arrow, now automagically appears at the end of every level.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 18:18
I've taken this week off from work. I'll be using this time to take care of various things but also to do some coding. Here's a gameplay update I've been working on

I've increased the hero attack hit box, both length and height. The hero now crouches on landing when falling more than 3-4 tiles (visual only). Tweaked energy recovery, removed the delay after attack and slightly increased the rate on higher difficulties (to compensate for the increased cost). Movement and animation speed have also been increased for the hero.

Dashing is now an unlockable ability. To dash, doubletap and hold the direction button. While dashing you will move at an increased speed, allowing you to jump further. You can also perform a dash strike by attacking while running. This attack will pierce enemy armor. I have also added an afterimage effect while dashing. This ability will drain your energy, so don't use it too much.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 01:13
Good to see you getting time for your project! When will this be available for a build? Also, as soon as you go the alpha funding path, I'll be on that. I want more builds Maybe some live-streamed speedrunning is in order...

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 10:11
greenlig:
Did you get past the bug by deleting the save file?

I have not thought about releasing additional builds. One idea would be to release a build with all the special abilities added. No new content etc. Just an unofficial release so you can test and comment on the new gameplay. Should be doable this week.

You mean I should do live streaming? First off, not sure if my laptop is powerful enough to handle it. And I both hate the sound of my voice and I'm not very comfortable speaking English. Sometimes I can do it easily and sometimes I stutter and it gets very forced. After all, I'm not a native English speaker I'm not all against it but it could be uncomfortable for me.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 13:10
Yeah, deleting the save file did fix it.

As for more builds, I'd happily test anything you can build. Better yet, if you have anything specific you want tested, let me know and I'll play it. I should have free time (finally) in the next two weeks!

With the speedrunning, I wouldn't mind having a crack at it I have been watching a lot of runs, and want to try my hand at casting.

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 15:43
Quote: "Yeah, deleting the save file did fix it. "

Great I didn't think I did anything that would require deleting the save file. I have a save file version stored and if the version does not match it doesn't load. But since I thought it wasn't necessary I didn't update the version.

Quote: "As for more builds, I'd happily test anything you can build. Better yet, if you have anything specific you want tested, let me know and I'll play it. I should have free time (finally) in the next two weeks!"

I'm going to add the other two abilities. After that I can give you a new build. I appreciate you taking time to test the game

Quote: "With the speedrunning, I wouldn't mind having a crack at it I have been watching a lot of runs, and want to try my hand at casting."

If you do, I'll promote it as much as I can. And if you post it on Youtube I'll post links to that as well. But the Alpha will look much better so wait for that. Makes me want to add the time/score screen. Been considering leaving that for the beta.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 01:29
It's going to take me ages to s-rank on Insane heh If I practice every day I should be able to get there though!

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 10:14
I'm not sure that's even possible because of the energy drain. You should keep in mind that there is a pause after making an attack before it starts to recover. This has been removed in the version I'm working on now and I made it charge faster on higher difficulties. BTW, the little update I posted has an increased movement speed but the ranking scores has not been modified.

The way I imagine s-ranking levels on insane would require you to play some levels just for the exp. After you level up you can go back and s-rank older levels. Also, the gray crawler in the tunnel cannot be killed without unlocking an ability or getting the broad sword. The game is intended as a non linear action adventure where you go back to old levels once you get an ability or equipment that will allow you to get past obstacles.

If you want I could send you a build of the game with all new levels, once I have made them. That would allow you to practice on them before I release the alpha. That will be with the new backgrounds included as well.

Yesterday I polished up the dash. I added the special button for touch devices and started on the power strike. Once I've completed that and the jump strike I will post the new build. Not sure exactly how long that will take. I haven't figured out how to code the jump strike yet, as it's different from the other 3 attacks.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 10:39
Yeah, I've played through and got A on all the levels so far, and s-rank on the first one. I definitely had in mind that I'd need the second sword to get through. Also, I was thinking it would be nice to have the new sword look a little different! It's easy to get them mixed up without looking at the stats.

I'll play anything you send me, and will be trying to put in about 45 minutes a day on it heh. I really enjoy the mindless repetition of it. Completely fills the hole Trackmania left, but also satisfies my platforming urge!

With the jump strike, it's already the best way to hit enemies. The quick jump-then-hit that removes the pause is the quickest way to get through. Are you making a specific attack for that? Also, looking forward to the dash. I assume you've played Nidhogg? I love how the combination of the moves is what makes a good play, not necessarily single attacks. I'm enjoying that aspect so far in RTA.

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 11:20
The sword has a different color, that's how all swords are. The first two are the closest in tone so you don't notice it as much. I could look into that. BTW, did you mean for the inventory or on the hero? I can change the look in the inventory but on the hero you will only see the color differences. Remember that heavier weapons will lower your bonus for the level

I am glad you like it. Soon you will have payed more then I have

The jump strike is meant to strike down on enemies on the ground. It costs more energy then a normal attack but adds bonus damage. The hero will "dive" with the sword pointing down and forward until he hits something. This will use the special button, so you can still hit normally in mid air.

I have not played Nidhogg, my backlog of games is already massive enough. I'll probably pick it up on sale somewhere. Would love it if it came out on OUYA. Perfect for playing against my friends on the couch. I have seen videos of it though, so I know how it plays.

My game will have 5 possible attacks. Normal attack, attacking while jumping, dash strike, jump strike and power strike. Dash strike is pulled off by hitting the attack button once you have reached maximum speed (0.5 sec), it adds piercing to the attack. By hitting the special button in mid air you get jump strike, which adds damage. And by holding the special button while on ground you will charge up the power strike which adds damage, piercing and reach. Costs double the energy to preform. Not sure on charge time, possibly around 0.5 sec and lowered with agility.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 12:57
Hahaha those attack moves sound awesome!! Looking forward to playing with them

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 14:10 Edited at: 29th Jan 2014 14:13
I'm glad you like them

The power attack is now complete. I made the artwork for the power strike and jump strike 1½ years ago. It's so nice to see them in action for the first time. You need 3 stars and to stand on ground to start charging. If you jump or are hit it stops. Falling is OK. You also have to be on the ground for the attack to work. If you release the button in mid air you will instantly attack when you hit the ground. The hero will start to glow white as the attack builds up. When charged the hero will hold up his sword, ready to strike. I've also added a bit of white to indicate maximum dash speed. The damage and pierce boost of the power strike increases with the weight of the sword. Also, all special attacks increases the time the enemies can't move after being hit. Gonna try this on my OUYA and phone now

Oh, and it hasn't been really visible before but I coded it in ages ago. The harder you hit the enemies when you kill them, the further away from you they will fly! Wait until you get the really powerful swords

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2014 20:27 Edited at: 30th Jan 2014 09:09
Finally! I think I found the last bug. Here you can download the latest version. This is an unofficial release but I will post about it in all my threads for people to download and test the new controls. I would appreciate if as many as possible can test this out. I will make an Andorid/OUYA version soon, just not today. Let me know what you think and if you find any bugs. Enjoy!

Windows

I decided that it was best if all special moves only add to damage, not piercing. The jump strike is so easy to pull off that I decided to go with normal damage. It's still so awesome that it costs a little extra energy to use it.

*** Controls ***

- Dashing
Double tap and hold direction while on ground to activate. Once you light you got maximum speed. You can now jump further and attacking (even in mid air) is now considered a Dash Strike, adding 2 more to damage but drains extra energy.

- Jump Strike
Hit the special button (CTRL by default) in mid air to strike down at enemies on the ground. Costs a little extra energy.

- Power Strike
This requires 3 stars minimum. Hold the special button while on ground to start charging. When ready you lift the sword up. Release the special button to unleash your most powerful attack. It costs twice as much energy as a regular attack but adds extra power based on the weight of your sword. Jumping cancels the charge.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 06:34
Hmm, I've played it, and I can't seem to get the special moves to work? Maybe I am doing something wrong. I unzipped the file, cleared my save files and started again. The only change I see is a red sword in the inventory that does no damage, but attacks really fast.

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 09:42 Edited at: 30th Jan 2014 11:51
Ah, I copied the link and forgot to change the version number. That's the previous version you got. Sorry about that The name of the zip should have a 3 on it. How you managed to get the red sword to show up I have no idea. It has no stats but the image was done ages ago and the inventory is fully functioning.

Speaking of the inventory. I use the same image for highlighting all the swords, if the shape changes I have to have separate highlights and change the code. But I'll take a look at adjusting the colors of the swords for the next version.

Man, taking a week off like this is awesome. I can get as much done in a day that I normally get done in a week. It's almost 2 years since I started working on RTA. Had I been working full time, maybe I would have been done in about 8 months. With some rough calculation that's around $40,000 in dev costs. With licenses, hardware etc say $50,000 total. That sort of gives an estimation on how much the game must sell to finance working full time. Of course I could now do it faster. But I would like to make my next game more impressive, so that would raise the costs. And I have no idea how RTA will do.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 13:10
Hah, I was wondering if that had happened! Didn't stop me from playing through it again. I s-ranked it on hard pretty quickly, but I still feel I could save a lot of time all over the place. Looking forward to seeing how it goes with the new attack moves. It's a game-changer

With the swords, maybe it's just a case of changing the hilt colour? Maybe adding a gem pixel in one of the handles?

Yeah predicting sales is hard. I reckon your best bet for a return is to go alpha-funding/early access, and build a community that way. Desura is a good place for that, as is Steam. You can't bank on them though, it's just so volatile. Organic growth/marketing will be your best bet. That's what will ultimately make or break the game - popularity. You need to get people obsessing over the next release...like I do Chris Hecker did a good GDC rant about that last year - No One Knows About Your Game. Worth a look.

Greenlig

ZacDuff.com
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 13:27 Edited at: 30th Jan 2014 13:27
BTW, I fixed the link earlier if you didn't notice

The S-Rank scores hasn't been updated since the official pre-alpha release. So in the newer versions you move faster and get better times. Also they are set a few seconds under my best so they are not super hard to get. I want to do an online highscore list in the future. Not sure when that's going to happen.

I am very much considering crowd funding, but I really need a lot more people knowing about the game. Hopefully I can push that with the alpha. The pre-alpha got around 2000 downloads which is quite exciting. But in terms of sales it might be 200-500 and that's no where near enough. Hopefully the new look and gameplay will get more people interested. And I really need to get some more reviews, which I hope is possible with the alpha.

Oh, and I will take a look at the link. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:56:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:56:49