Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The FPSCreator Community Mod - Free, open-source, community developed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 04:26 Edited at: 20th Oct 2012 04:28
I may soon add a command that works like the slow motion command, but allows the player to choose how fast the game runs at, eg: SetGameSpeed=0.5 would be equal to EnableSlowMo
It's like the 'timescale' command in Quake 3 or the 'host_timescale' command in the source engine

-TZK

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 19:47
That's a nice idea
I was thinking about you could add more commands to control HUDs . Like fade direction or hud movement or something . FPSC lacks hud control .

"I am the night visitor when everyone is sleep , and when the last light fades"
The illusionest
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2012 23:55
HUD fade direction is already included within this mod

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 00:31
Quote: "Change the direction a HUD moves in when it fades out"

My bad , sorry

The illusionest
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 07:00
@The Zombie Killer

it might help if you can have it install like an update.meaning like the same way the updates in on our computers.

also how about making a command that allow us to change the skybox.
like.

state=0,plrwithinzone=1:sky=skybank\natural\Pln:state=0

or
state=0,always:sky=skybank\natural\Pln:state=0

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "state=0,plrwithinzone=1:sky=skybank\natural\Pln:state=0"

you must script it right:

i need a command for my scripts. would be cool if you can add it

thanks for your hard work

Corno

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 20:10 Edited at: 21st Oct 2012 20:19
Quote: "you must script it right:"

Your script is also incorrect. You do not need the ",state=0" at the end, since you are already in "state=0".

Quote: "also how about making a command that allow us to change the skybox."

You can change the skybox, but only per level (info here). It does not work changing it in game unless something new had changed in the source. When the level loads, it reads the "loadinglevel.fpi" and then the "setuplevel.fpi" where the skybox is defined. The engine places the box and then applies the texture to it, giving you the skybox.

For example, in my "setuplevel.fpi", I have a desert sky defined. If I place a trigger using the script example you used above and as soon as I enter the level, the "natural\Pln" skybox shows. I never reach the trigger to trigger the change, and I won't. It is a process that is done before you enter the level.

So if you have a skybox specified in your "setuplevel.fpi" and have a trigger anywhere in the level where the script calls a skybox, the skybox specified in the trigger script will be the one used when you enter the level.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 20:21 Edited at: 21st Oct 2012 20:59
You could change the skybox in game through a script far back as I remember, problem is it will freeze the skybox and you cant change it again without re-installing FPSC. Maybe things have changed now in recent updates but I haven't seen any reference to it and would not recommend trying it.

Edit* Its been a while since and it may be that I was changing the skybox more than once in a single level, still it put me off ever using this method since. The trusted method is to change the skybox in loadingpage.fpi per level.

You only have one life ... Abuse it well.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 20:25
Quote: "You could change the skybox in game through a script far back as I remember, problem is it will freeze the skybox and you cant change it again without re-installing FPSC. Maybe things have changed now in recent updates but I haven't seen any reference to it and would not recommend trying it."

I'm running 1.17 and to change the skyboxes per level, I use the method I linked in my previous post. I can specify a skybox in a script attached to a triggerzone on a level, but it does not work like how people thing it should. I never reach a trigger to "trigger" the change. As soon as I enter the level, it will use the skybox I have specified in that script. I've also gone back to v1.16 and had same results.

The point is, the skybox "creation" would need a rework to change them on the fly.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2012 21:04 Edited at: 21st Oct 2012 21:29
In past you could change the skybox using script mid level, but I dont recommend it for the reasons above.
If there is no plrwithin condition for a triggerzone script then yes it will trigger without having to enter the zone, used it myself to bring up any huds I wanted to remove/replace during gameplay.

As said if you change the skybox in loadingpage.fpi per level after build this will work just fine without any trigger (though it will entail manually copying over skyboxes to built folder), use this method to change fog and ambiance per level also. If a scripted trigger works for you, all good, its just my preference to avoid it if I can.

You only have one life ... Abuse it well.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 02:14
rolfy is right you could do it that way. yes I understand BlackFox that would be to.but where im getting at is simple without all that extra. the ideal came from the ambience script. so I thinking if it could be as simple as just adding a script to the trigger zone that would be cool.

the command word; always

will allow the level to change before its done loading. in this case you dont have to be in the trigger zone for it to happen.yes I know :state=0 was incorrect did not mean to type that.lol.so I rather for the command to be

state=0,always=1:sky=skybank\natural\Pln

but it not the biggest deal but it would be nice to have it that simple. fpscx10 has slider for the skybox and it was just that simple you save the level with that skybox and you save your next with another skybox. no steps on how to change you skybox.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 20:06
a great thing for this mod would be to be able to use a player-body

''Make sure your hands are clean before you point the finger''
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2012 07:42
@gozzy1999
It's planned for a future version

@Michael X
Quote: "it might help if you can have it install like an update.meaning like the same way the updates in on our computers."

I had it planned as well for a future version, but I might squeeze it into the v0.06 release.

@All
There will be a lack of updates for quite a while as I'm unable to access my main PC at this time, and this PC would probably explode if I tried to compile any code.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 07:58
I'm now able to access my PC again, I'll be working on the following soon:

Fixing SetGunSpeed=X
Adding Corno_1's suggestion condition: PlrSwapWeap=X
Timescale=X command

-TZK

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2012 18:21
I had a few suggestions , If I may :

- pickobject=x and inview=x should be edited so that they cannot turn true from behind a wall or a collision-active entity like closed doors , I have no idea how can this be done , though .

- adding commands for detecting specific entities being close or in zone , like entitywithinzone=EntityName x , entitydistwithin=EntityName x , and so . This can add significant control to entities like pushing a box to block a door or something .

- adding a read only internal variable to detect the entity's place on screen . I thought that may be easy as there's a pickobject=x condition which detects the entity's place on screen . This can be very good for huds placing .

The illusionest
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 06:02
Quote: "- pickobject=x and inview=x should be edited so that they cannot turn true from behind a wall or a collision-active entity like closed doors , I have no idea how can this be done , though ."

With the "pickobject=x", you can also include the "plrdistwithin=x" in the same line to prevent the "pickobject" being activated from behind a wall or closed door. However, there is another alternative that could be included in the source to minimize the issue you mention for those instances where the door is in close proximity to the item using "pickobject".

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 08:02
@Mr Illusionest
Quote: "adding commands for detecting specific entities being close or in zone , like entitywithinzone=EntityName x , entitydistwithin=EntityName x , and so . This can add significant control to entities like pushing a box to block a door or something ."

Already planned, and I'm pretty sure I can do this.

Quote: "adding a read only internal variable to detect the entity's place on screen . I thought that may be easy as there's a pickobject=x condition which detects the entity's place on screen . This can be very good for huds placing ."

This, may be a little harder, but I'll see if I can.

As for the other suggestion, BlackFox's suggestion would work.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 10:27 Edited at: 31st Oct 2012 10:29
UPDATE
The new timescale command is complete and working great!
Here's a video to showcase using the command to run the game at 2x speed:
I apologise for the stuttering at the start of the video. It goes away at about 0:20.

The version of the community mod used in this video (v0.06t2) is attached to this post.

Download v0.06t2

-TZK

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2012 17:05
Quote: " there is another alternative that could be included in the source to minimize the issue you mention for those instances"

That would be good , plrdistwithin=x won't work all the time as I use 500 units and so . plus sometimes entities like elevator switches can be easily reached from behind doors , and that ruins game play of course .

Thanks for replying Black Fox and TZK , Best wishes .
Cheers

The illusionest
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 09:23 Edited at: 5th Nov 2012 09:23
I'd like to announce that Scene Commander is now on the official dev team for the mod. BlackFox, Ched80 or any other people willing to contribute, you're welcome to join as well.

The requested feature to find an entity's place onscreen has been added by Scene Commander, so kudos for that goes to him.

Due to TGC's wishes, and the fact that neither of us wish to damage their funds, support for drivable vehicles and third person may be, and most likely will be, removed. They are of course still scriptable, and I am in the process of re-writing Ched80's script to have multiple weapons and better camera support among other things.

The v0.06 update will be coming to a close soon, so all that is left is to add a few more features, and fix some bugs along the way.

That is all for now.

-TZK

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 10:15
So, what is happening about the people that can't use this mod due to registry issues? Does it mean that they will never be able to use this?

Unfamillia

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd like to announce that Scene Commander is now on the official dev team for the mod"

Quote: "Due to TGC's wishes"

Just to clarify, my involvement will I'm afraid be limited as real life and real work must take priority, so please don't expect a mass of updates on this from me!

Secondly, as far as I'm aware TGC have no issues regarding features, but I personally don't want to be involved in any community mod that might conflict with Reloaded.

Other than that, I'll help out as and when I have time.

SC
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 11:27
@unfamillia
Quote: "So, what is happening about the people that can't use this mod due to registry issues? Does it mean that they will never be able to use this?"

I'm not sure what causes this issue, but I'm still working on attempting to get it fixed.

@SC
Ah, okay. That clears things up.

-TZK

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 13:59
If it makes easier to work out, i have had the same issue with the new beta of v.1.20.04

I really want to be able to use all of the new features of this mod!

unfamillia

Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2012 16:25
Quote: "The requested feature to find an entity's place onscreen has been added by Scene Commander, so kudos for that goes to him."

Wow Guys ! that was fast
Thanks SC and TZK

The illusionest
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2012 07:38
@unfamillia
If you encounter this in stock FPSC as well, it most likely has nothing to do with the mod, try contacting Lee and see if he knows how to fix this issue.

@Mr illusionest
Yes, I was shocked when SC gave me the code, it was very quick!

-TZK

Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 16:32
I didn't understand that put camera to a limb thing, u can put this in whatever character you want or it needs to be one of those Task Force 341?
How do I put this in my game? :/
(Sorry the noob question, I'm kinda new. ^^)
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 06:54 Edited at: 16th Nov 2012 06:55
@Belacios
It works with every character, in fact, it should work with any entity, eg. doors etc. But the entity requires the "polygon limb hit detection" in order to work with the feature.

This is a script that will bind the camera to an entity's head: (should work with all stock characters and model packs)

-TZK

Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 12:59
Thx for the answer.
But, another noob question (sorry). D:

How do I make it work, I have to edit some script? I need to put this script in a Trigger Zone? Put this in the character AI Scripts? How do I activate it?

Sorry for bothering, and thanks for the attention.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 01:06
@Belacios
Paste the script I gave you into notepad, and save it as a script (.fpi file) into your scriptbank. The script goes on the entity you wish to use it on.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 07:41
NEWS UPDATE

I have third person COMPLETELY working great, but the problem is, I'm not sure as to whether I should actually release it or not. If I release it, Scene Commander will most likely end his involvement (albeit limited) with the mod. If I do not release it, I'll have you guys egging me on :p. What do you guys think?

(Also, I've joined the Italian community, so those of you who visit that place more often than here can get the community mod updates too)

-TZK

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
If you've got third person working, then well done. I can't see any problem with you releasing the code.

As for my involvement, all I said was that I personally didn't want to work on any features that would conflict directly with planned features for reloaded. I didn't work on this feature, you did..
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 08:23
@Scene Commander
Oh! Okay then, I guess I just misunderstood you, in that case it will be in the next release.

-TZK

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 09:08 Edited at: 20th Nov 2012 09:11
UPDATE
v0.06t4 has been released. Major changes in this version are:
* Latest FPSC codebase
* Third person!
* Removal of three obsolete commands

* Two new internal variables!

These two variables contain the X and Y position of an entity on-screen. This feature was coded by Scene Commander.
* Other stuff I forgot

-TZK

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
@The Zombie Killer
Hey i see you have create a thread in the German Forum and I think not all members can english as good, so I create a translation.
It is a pdf file and is in the downloadMy english skills are are not as good, so maybe there are some mistakes)

you need a script? I need useful requests at the moment!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=200918&b=23

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr illusionest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 20:23
Does it use V120 BETA 5 now , or still BETA 4 ?

The illusionest
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 07:39
@Corno_1
Thanks, but I had already translated it to German before, and they preferred that I had it in English. I'll post a link to your translation though.

@Mr illusionest
You can use any of the betas, but I wouldn't recommend beta 5, it has tons of problems that aren't related to FPSC-Game.exe. It works perfect for me in beta 4, no problems whatsoever.

-TZK

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 14:04
how do we go about using the third person script? Do we put it in a characters main script or something?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 22:39 Edited at: 21st Nov 2012 22:40
No problemo whatsoever using Marc Steenes video on my engine , but how exactly did you achieved Camera to Limb Binding?

Like = Follow!
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2012 23:06
This Mod is fabulous! With physX improve collisions with 3D models?

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 06:55 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2012 07:02
@Kingofmk98
It goes in the character's main script.

@Red Eye
EDIT: Oh, and did you get the email I sent you?
I got the id of the limb that the user wanted, and set the position or angle of that limb to a variable. For binding, one would use the following script:

@lotgd
Thanks! However, PhysX is not currently going to be in the mod anymore, but yes, it would have improved collisions.

-TZK

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 07:11
I am using the latest mod and I've got to say its great, some neat features that will really come in handy.

Although I have to ask how do I speed up/slow down the speed of the reload animations as it says in the features list. This is one of the big reasons why I'll be using this mod.

And also, when I install this mod there are some weapons that have distorted sounds (like they're in constant slo-mo). I did a quick test and found stock weapons (or the 3-5 I tested) sounded fine. Even some custom weapons and again some custom weapons that I modified the sound for. Then it came to two weapons that I modified the sounds for. They are both higher pitched laser sounding, but now they sound like they're affected by slow motion. It is interesting that its relevant just to these two guns (which have almost the same sound, slightly different). Anyway, I don't know why it does it but its a little annoying, so if you know of any fix please let me know, thanks.

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 07:25
@Burger
As for the distorted sounds, I now know how to fix this, and I will ASAP for the next test release.

As of right now, you can only change the animation speed of ALL of the weapon animations, but I'll modify this feature to allow for what you're going for.

-TZK

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 07:53
Thanks for the fast reply, its good that you already know how to fix it. And about the animation speeds, how can I enable it altogether, even if its for all weapons? (Currently it doesn't affect me if its per weapon, but that would be nice)

Thanks still,
Burger

"I'm inspired by my own wise quotes, thank you." - Burger, 6/7/12
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2012 08:02
@Burger
You use SetGunSpeed=Speed, 0.5 is half speed, 1 is full etc.

-TZK

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 00:35
Can you make an action that suspends all characters in the zone?

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 04:08
@A dude
You could use the specificentinzone command for that.

Trigger zone:
:SpecificEntInZone=Entity Name:SetVar=SuspendZoneEnts 1

Entities:
:VarEqual=SuspendZoneEnts 1:Suspend

-TZK

Stalker93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 13:40
@The Zombie Killer
Thanks for the amazing mod, it's awesome!! What about improving the lightmapper a bit? Like making it eating a lot less ram? ..another thing I thought of are lens flares for ingame light sources! I know it can be done through decals, but it looks a bit odd and unrealistic..
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2012 22:58
@TZK
Okay. Thanks.

The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 01:31
@Stalker93
Lightmapper-wise, I wouldn't know where to start, I'm still a novice to the FPSC code. I guess I'll take a look though. For the lens-flares, I think Uzi Idiot made a shader for them a little while ago, I'll have to check. If he allows it, I may add them as an option for the "postprocessing" setting in setup.ini.

-TZK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:50:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:50:38