Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9] Spyra

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2013 18:12

I'm really glad I am not a professional gamedesigner. A few years ago I took it into concideration to take that route but decided against it simply because I did not wish to spend the majority of a day behind a screen and work in an industry where good ideas and idealism often gets stomped by investors and the cranks in the marketing department.

If Spyra would become a professional indie title with investors, publishers and deadlines it would be a major headache but since its more a late evening "thing to do" while chatting or skyping it allows me to vent a lot of creativity in overdesigning a hallway for an hour or add some gameplay elements that 70% of the gamers will most likely miss. This game, for me, is kind of like a 40 year old virgins stampcollection. I do it whenever I have the time and often to meditate over an other thing in my life.

You all know this and my pretentious "Tao of gamedevelopment". I wrote this to clarify on the moddb page that this is a one man fantasy-adventure game and not the next skyrim. Its also not even remotely going to be the next Arx Fatalis.
You see, I got a bunch of mails from people who wanted me to work for them in another engine or mod. Often with ludachris scale and scope and even folks telling me what they didnt like in AAA fantasy games and expect me to do better... after I replied that I am not even going to do anything that can remotely compare with these games (Dark Messiah, Oblivion and chivalry to name some of the bombs they dropped on me) I never got an answer back.
I mean, you all know that I'm just doing a little FPSC game here but other people have difficultys to grasp the difference in possibilities between real gamestudios and someones homeforge.

Too many games of mine have failed because they grew too large in scope.

Alright! Now:

I built a testversion of the demolevels intro-setpiece. Here you will have some dialogue
and find stuff in a chest. After that one of the 4 chapters in Spyra will be fully playable. For freebies!

Thats the looting system. You can select to take these items out, a key will spawn in the keyhole adding some movment to the otherwise static chest and the items will spawn on top of it for you to examine, consume or collect. Some chests are also animated and open up

The System is a mixture of sounds, spawning objects and HUD's. It gets the job done and seems rather "complex" without actually being it. This pic is for presentation purposes only and I'll likely refine this later on.

Of course, the first level of a demo shows of some above average fpsc visuals and the setting of the game.

A little fountain. While having a lowres and lowpoly style, spyra aims to show visual effects that have been rarely or never seen before in FPSCreator.

Thanks for reading! Please leave some feedback

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2013 00:38
it's beautiful

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2013 09:01
It... it looks spectacular
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Jun 2013 10:34
This is looking excellent Wolf.

One thing, are you referring to a mail I sent you? I mentioned Dark Messiah in my mail to you. And as I mentioned the game is not being developed in fpsc. I simply asked for you to create custom 3d assets. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just pointing it out. I apologise in advance if you weren't referring to my email.

And last but not least, the worth you are creating for Spyra could definitely be on par with Dark Messiah.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2013 22:34
Thanks you guys!

Quote: "One thing, are you referring to a mail I sent you?"

Not at all! I get a lot of mail only recently from people that saw this game on Indiedb and have all kinds of wild suggestions, requests or want to team up with me

Most dont know what FPSC is or what its capable of.

-Wolf

Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I get a lot of mail only recently from people that saw this game on Indiedb and have all kinds of wild suggestions, requests or want to team up with me"

Thats totaly understandable. With every screenshot, we can see that you like to create this game. This looks beautiful again and again.

In the fourth of the last screenshots, the fire is in the wall, but this is not something very bad.

It is a very good contrast to the other Fpsc games with all the dark and dirty feeling. SO go futher and I hope to see more of this soon.

http://cornofpsc.webs.com/
I know that Corno has a lot of translations. If you find one sent me a mail
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2013 20:45 Edited at: 24th Jun 2013 22:16
Very nice work Wolf, I notice the water flowing from the pipe is clipping the water behind it in the pool, set transparency to 2 to cure this.

Use this setting on all vegetation with transparency too as it prevents any dynamic objects behind it from being clipped in game. I usually place objects with a setting of 1 before changing to 2 in editor as using this setting inverts the transparency and for some reason the object itself is culled by segments behind when viewed in the editor, making it a real bitch to position.

I have a hemispherical lighting shader I use for vegetation which works real well, I prefer vegetation to be dynamic with collision off so lighting can be a problem. You can also use the illumination shader using different degrees of grey to light your plants etc, whether in full light or shade. It all helps with balancing the scene.
If you want the hemispherical shader just shoot me a mail.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This is awesome work and shows the full potential of what fpsc can do.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2013 22:08
Quote: "This is awesome work and shows the full potential of what fpsc can do."

Hell yes.

That is just awesome! Once again you create some of the best scenes I've seen. The attention to detail is just astonishing. The design is awesome and your style is great, I love it!

Acheive260 Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2013 11:22
This looks better then anything ive seen on the forums, it doesnt even look like FPS creator, Fantastic work!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 13:58
Thank you so much for all the feedback!
I haven't had time to work on this game recently so I get back to your questions and comments without any new screenshots

@Corno
Quote: "In the fourth of the last screenshots, the fire is in the wall, but this is not something very bad.
"

Yes! These decals rotate with the camera. I'm not that exact with these as you will find a lot of misplaced candlelights throughout the game. Maybe reloaded will have a more exact method for us to place these.

Quote: "It is a very good contrast to the other Fpsc games with all the dark and dirty feeling. SO go futher and I hope to see more of this soon."

Thanks! I hope it inspires other users to try something different aswell

@Rolfy:
Quote: "I notice the water flowing from the pipe is clipping the water behind it in the pool, set transparency to 2 to cure this."

Quote: "Use this setting on all vegetation with transparency too as it prevents any dynamic objects behind it from being clipped in game."

Thank you! I figured that out a while ago and even opened a thread about it. ...but then I forgot it again

Quote: "I usually place objects with a setting of 1 before changing to 2 in editor as using this setting inverts the transparency and for some reason the object itself is culled by segments behind when viewed in the editor, making it a real bitch to position."

I had this issue with my lightrays! this makes placing these a lot easier! Thanks!

Quote: "I have a hemispherical lighting shader I use for vegetation which works real well, I prefer vegetation to be dynamic with collision off so lighting can be a problem. You can also use the illumination shader using different degrees of grey to light your plants etc, whether in full light or shade. It all helps with balancing the scene.
If you want the hemispherical shader just shoot me a mail."

Me too! Depends on how the plant is modeled though. Thats very supportive to you but I already have a hemispherical lighting shader I dont know where from and why its title is in turkis but I have one! I try it out later
Another thing I hope reloaded does better..handling vegetation.

You gave me a lot of useful tips here! I appreciate that!

@s4real: Thank you! Even though someone more thorough and dedicated than me could make it do twice as much by premodeling levels and resetting textures to large atlastextures.

Quote: "That is just awesome! Once again you create some of the best scenes I've seen. The attention to detail is just astonishing. The design is awesome and your style is great, I love it!"

Quote: "This looks better then anything ive seen on the forums, it doesnt even look like FPS creator, Fantastic work! "

Thats a little much! But thanks!

-Wolf

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 18:03 Edited at: 1st Jul 2013 18:12
Quote: " [quote]"This looks better then anything ive seen on the forums, it doesnt even look like FPS creator, Fantastic work!""

Thats a little much! But thanks![/quote]

No no, it's not too much! I totally agree with s4real. This game is quickly becoming the best FPSC game I've ever seen on the forums, if only because it strays so very far from the FPSC norm

If I were to describe Spyra to other FPSC users, I would have to say it simply looks like a AAA game from 2005 with slightly inconsistent shadows. It's really good Well, maybe not AAA quality yet, but pretty darn close.

I can't wait for FPSC Reloaded.....just think where we can go with our imagination then!

Quote: "I'm not that exact with these as you will find a lot of misplaced candlelights throughout the game. Maybe reloaded will have a more exact method for us to place these."

EDIT: If you've read Lee's Reloaded blog from the beginning you'll know that one of the first things he did was to make it so that even if the mouse isn't exactly centred on an already-placed light, say, it won't infuriatingly leap to centre itself on the mouse. Far easier positional adjustment!

Clonkex

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 18:10
Congratulations on the mention in the Newsletter!

-Keith

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 18:14
Ah, the newsletter, thanks for reminding me, KeithC!

Clonkex

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2013 21:11
Dang, I've forgotten to read the newsletter in months (maybe a full year), because it's not the first thing I see on the front page, I usually forget it.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2013 01:51
@Clonkex
Quote: "This game is quickly becoming the best FPSC game I've ever seen on the forums"

thats a big compliment! Thank you!

Quote: "with slightly inconsistent shadows"

Someone had to notice...

Quote: "I can't wait for FPSC Reloaded.....just think where we can go with our imagination then!"

Likewise! I just hope I have this game done by then...otherwise I'll be late to the party.

@KeithC:
Quote: "Congratulations on the mention in the Newsletter! "

Hey, thanks for pointing me to it! I would have missed it otherwise Its great to be recognised by the "fathers" of fpscreator

-Wolf

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2013 09:50
I'm not sure if you mentioned it before, but will this be a paid game?

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2013 22:13
Hey PixelF! Yes! But I keep it exactly or below 5 USD

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2013 04:56
Wow! 5 USD? In my opinion, I think about 20 USD would be a fair price. But that is your decision

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 20:05
No no! I just can't deliver the content and support for a 20 Dollar title

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 20:36

Update

In case you where wondering why I didnt update this sooner and why I show so little new content, it is because I rerouted the project a little. I ran into a couple of issues that I had to adress for this to be any fun for non-fpsc users.

* The original concept had the protagonist wandering around in ancient burial ruins for 5 entire levels before he enountered the first character to speak to. I figured this would make a lot of players give up and the pacing was really awful.

*Having the entire setting being a tomb didnt allow me to properly justify all the traps and magical devices in it. Why would they be there anyway? Instead I redesigned it to be in a tower where the necromancers reside that is however already overrun with the undead. (not zombies per se tough, these can talk and wield weapons.)

*A grave needed many corpses, skeletons, mummies, bodybags and graves and went too repetitive too quickly and too heavy on the memory cap.

*I also redesigned the story to be more compelling, yet more confusing aswell. I dont want to explain everything in this prequel.

Above all, I must admit that I saw Dimoxinils "Schizo" gameplay video and was very impressed. There seemed to be more I could do with FPSC and I took this project a notch higher persuing that notion.
There is little being changed style or gameplay wise other than there being more characters to interact with. It might take a little while for me to show up with more content as this will need me to redo a lot of things, redesign some quests and puzzles that where too "rushed" and "choppy".
I also really want to do a teaser video. So! I hope you people remain interested in this project and feel free to comment and air your thoughts.

-Wolf

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get stronger. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Wolf

I am really impressed with what I'm seeing here! I like the way you use your lighting to bring life to the buildings and rooms you've shown us here in screenshots. I hope to see this teaser video soon! Keep up your good work.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 02:13
Quote: "not zombies per se tough, these can talk and wield weapons."

Aw man. I am doing the same thing and I presume they will be the Egyptian characters.

www.pixeleater.me
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 09:05
Wow! You're still working on this! Most people would get bored/give up at this point. Very excited now

Clonkex

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2013 21:17
Quote: "I figured this would make a lot of players give up and the pacing was really awful."

I think you did a good call in changing what is needed. If there's something that can kill a game, it's pacing. Which sadly not everyone masters, including me.

Quote: "Instead I redesigned it to be in a tower where the necromancers reside"

Although I would have liked the tomb setting, how can you say no to "a tower where the necromancers reside"? Sounds ten times more interesting already!

Quote: "I also redesigned the story to be more compelling, yet more confusing aswell. "

I like confusing, as long as we get the necessary loose ends tied. Or if done well, you don't even have to tie loose ends at all, let the players try and tie them themselves. I love it when things aren't explained into detail a lot of times. One of the reasons I find something like Jacob's Ladder extremely interesting. It can be confusing and it doesn't explain nearly everything, but that makes it compelling as hell. In conclusion; I'm rambling on and on and most of this doesn't hold any weight.

Quote: "I also really want to do a teaser video"

I really want to see it.

Last but not least; I have mixed feelings about where this is going. Not saying it's bad, but... I'm confused. Should I be glad or sad that Okkult went nowhere? At first I thought that it was a shame it didn't work out, but now screen after screen and update after update, I'm pretty sure this was for the best. This project just amazes me in ways that none of the horror stuff you've done (which have been the best around, honestly) have before. This new screenshot is just amazing, and I'm glad to see someone be brave enough to use colors. Actually vibrant colors. In conclusion; I'm rambling on and on, but maybe there's some justification for it now.

This is looking awesome! Waiting to see and hear more!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 01:29
Hey folks!

@TerrorNation:
Quote: "I am really impressed with what I'm seeing here! I like the way you use your lighting to bring life to the buildings and rooms you've shown us here in screenshots. I hope to see this teaser video soon! Keep up your good work. "

Thanks a lot! This actually brings up an interesting point...something I want to work on in the prebirth renaissance of this game. (did that make any sense?) Bugsy told me that most FPS Games suffer from being too static, too lifeless. I agreed with him but didnt really think about all that much until I played "RAGE" by id software. The environments in that game where very pretty but ultimately so static that they felt like a skybox sometimes. I then really thought about adding some dynamics to my levels. I see what I can do with this notion... especially more people to talk to.

Glad you like it by the way

@PixelF
Quote: "Aw man. I am doing the same thing and I presume they will be the Egyptian characters."

Among others, yes! Don't worry, I personalize everything I use a lot and I have a bunch of custom characters to throw in the mix aswell. That way we wont have all that similar games

@Clonkex: Yes I am Glad you are interested.
If I happen to get bored I still make this a three level shoot-shoot game. So something is going to come out of it no matter what. So far I throw in half an hour to an hour daily, and thats really much more than I did with other projects. I have a very good feeling about this.

@Metal Devil123:

Quote: "If there's something that can kill a game, it's pacing. Which sadly not everyone masters, including me. "

Try "RAGE" or "MYST:V"... you get yourself some pacing. Pacing so horrifying that you expect it to climb out your screen and kick you in the nuts.

No seriously! Its important to set a game up properly, and I try to do it... in my own wierd way that most ordinary players will probably dislike. But hey! Its a zero employees, zero budget and zero risk project

Quote: "how can you say no to "a tower where the necromancers reside"? Sounds ten times more interesting already! "

It is! Also less dead air. I felt tombs have been done to death in Fantasy games anyway.

Quote: "omething like Jacob's Ladder extremely interesting. It can be confusing and it doesn't explain nearly everything, but that makes it compelling as hell."

It explains everything needed for you to understand the story, yet leaves some freaky visuals up to you. I enjoyed this movie a lot!! Especially since I watched it on TV without knowing what it was. It just seemed like a good movie that was on, only 10 minutes in so I sat down and watched it. It kept me glued to the screen but...I digress!

Quote: "I'm rambling on and on and most of this doesn't hold any weight."

I like to talk about my game

Quote: "I like confusing, as long as we get the necessary loose ends tied."

Well, yes and no. It explains some things, but then just ends with letting you loose on the world of spyra, which I hope to do in reloaded. So its really just an overblown intro.

Quote: "Last but not least; I have mixed feelings about where this is going."

Thats what she said

Quote: " Should I be glad or sad that Okkult went nowhere? At first I thought that it was a shame it didn't work out, but now screen after screen and update after update, I'm pretty sure this was for the best."

I'm glad you feel that way! I do too.

Quote: "This project just amazes me in ways that none of the horror stuff you've done (which have been the best around, honestly) have before."

Thanks a lot!!

Quote: "and I'm glad to see someone be brave enough to use colors. Actually vibrant colors"

The game has a set palette, but it also has a lot of alternate or magical lightsources. I didn't have that luxury with real world scenarios.

And it should feel more artsy, painted and warm than anything I've done before. Even Relikt felt a little dark and brooding.

Quote: "
This is looking awesome! Waiting to see and hear more!"

Sooner than you might think

-Wolf

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get stronger. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 19:13
Just a bump to keep this from being autolocked! Sorry for the delay of updates but I was very busy.

"absurdity has become necessity"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 07:42
Quote: "Just a bump to keep this from being autolocked! Sorry for the delay of updates but I was very busy."

That's perfectly all right

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 13:32
Indeed! This is one of the shining examples that should never come off the first page.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
The Master D
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep coming back here expecting things to look better, and instead of being pleased, I practically fall out of my chair. I'm loving this thread, Wolf! You're one of my favorite FPSC-ers (Is that a term? If not, it is now ) I can't wait to see how this advances the next time I check in!

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz, Radeon HD 7850 2GB, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 00:16 Edited at: 11th Sep 2013 00:17
Thanks you two! This is truely flattering!

I didn't want to officially share this untextured but when I see all the great supporters I have for this project, I feel the need to share something new.

The term "mana" is a placeholder. Its too generic and overused to be worked in the games lore.

More to come soon!

-Wolf

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 03:18
Awesome!

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 03:36
Even untextured that things is Terrific!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 06:18
Wow! That's just amazing! Even the font fits perfectly!

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 12:05
Every time I read up one of your WIP threads you posted in after quite some time, it´s due to fear you cancelled the project. Don´t dare doing that to us this time! SPYRA MUST BE FINNISHED!

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 15:36
Quote: "SPYRA MUST BE FINNISHED!"

Agreed!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 18:46
Quote: " SPYRA MUST BE FINNISHED!"

Yes! There's not Spyra like Finnish Spyra!

But I do agree.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 21:16
How could I cancel this project after all of you where so patient with me before
Spyra is a lot of fun to develop and even tough I dont find time to work on it as often, I still seem to make fast progress every time I get behind it. It flows a lot more natural for me than any horror project I have ever worked on. This is also why its likely that I take it on to reloaded.

Here is a little update:

I procrastinated on texturing that rifle as its a lot of work that needs to really shine. I did however make some character concepts.

I call these concepts and not characters as 1.) The Hair is a placeholder 2.) I dont know how they will appear in the game. I do want them to have neat talking animations and interact with their surroundings as the characters in MystV do but I'd have to dump that workload on Bugsy who currently has a lot of change in his life and I dont want to impose on that nor do I know if he even has time for this.

MetalDevil noticed ages ago when I was working on Euthanasia that I like to use ribcages as an artistic tool, well! I took that to a new level now. These are actually made of a black-crystallic material and the blue-cyan reflections are specular effects.
As with all Spyrans, the eyes have an emmissive effect and glow a little in the dark. (I also gave the crystal on the armor set and the little weights on the jacket/cardigan some reddish glow.)

The hair is a placeholder as mine is too highpoly and the other version below is from a character I took out of Kshatriya (which is great, and you should totally play it once its out!) This version does not have enough details for my taste. The endresult will be a sculpt-mix between the two styles.

The ribcage has been modeled by the cosmic prophet and is in his "haunted house" pack.

And now its time for a bit of Lore, hold on! I get out my good english:

Quote: " The only universal link between the diverse spyran cultures is a symbiotic relationship with the necromancer-covens. Many cultures such as the Symarian Empire and the northern Azurite-Federation offer either orphans or children sacrificed by their parents to the necromancers. Out of dedication, out of gratitude or out of obligation.
These children are raised to tend after the temples, the host-bodies of the necromancers as they tend to neglect them, trade and other matters deemed trivial by their masters.
While these servants are no traditional prisoners, their upbringing and indoctrination is usually strong enough so they dont have any desire to leave or personal needs in this regard. (I probably have one of them join the player on his journey tough) However, every now and then one decides to leave and is free to go.

The ribcage'esque armor is forged out of a mineral-metal hybrid. The necromancers feed of the lifeenergy that surrouns them. They can take a beings lifeforce within seconds if they chose to do so by accessing their energy field through their heart. Altough these are extreme cases, they do remain in a constant state of passive energy vampirism, especially during their rest. Their servants wear these as energetic protection. (We all know that I made this up to have a good reason for some neat sideboobs-revealing armor ...but I think its kinda cool! )"

Thanks again for your support and patience, I really appreciate it.

What do you guys think?

-Wolf

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2013 07:53
Wow, cool! You really put a lot of thought into this! The character has the creepiest face I've ever seen but overall it's excellent (I love the idea of the slightly glowing eyes!)

Good work!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 02:17 Edited at: 15th Sep 2013 02:19
Maybe it's just the angles you took the screenshots in, but do the characters look a bit cross eyed? Otherwise it's an awesome model in every way! Although I always find these extremely revealing armors to be ridiculous, if you're going for (even some) seriousness in your game. But that's just me and it's really not that bad that I think would distract TOO much. And you did give it a cool story, so I think it's overall still good

And also, you flatter me with mentioning my name

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 21:19 Edited at: 16th Sep 2013 23:11
@Clonkex:
Quote: "The character has the creepiest face I've ever seen but overall it's excellent (I love the idea of the slightly glowing eyes!)"

Thank you!
Also...creepy...Really? How so! I didn't intend her to seem creepy...but people have a tendency to think my work is creepy

@MetalDevil123:
Quote: "Maybe it's just the angles you took the screenshots in, but do the characters look a bit cross eyed?"

You where correct! I fixed this now. Please take a look at the close-to-final face here: (I forgot to acitave the specular effects)

I modified John Fletchers "Civ Rogue" hair for her and its just the style I wanted to go for anyway.

There are some minor flaws that I want to iron out first, then I will rig this to an animationset... this will thus be my first custom character for FPSC.

Quote: " Although I always find these extremely revealing armors to be ridiculous, if you're going for (even some) seriousness in your game."

As stated above...its not armor in the combat sense.

Quote: "And you did give it a cool story, so I think it's overall still good"

Quote: "And also, you flatter me with mentioning my name "

Umm! I'm flattered then that you think so highly of me

-Wolf

Edit: I got her working in FPSC: I just dont have a fitting shadereffect just yet. (no emmissive effect : hence the dead eyes, no proper specular: hence the boring ribcage-set.)

Attachments

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2013 02:54
Very neat work Wolf, the level of customisation and and quality is always appreciable

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2013 05:34
Quote: "How so!"

To my eyes, she looked liked she was doing this (yes, that's me):

Quote: "Very neat work Wolf"

Absolutely!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2013 17:42
Quote: "Very neat work Wolf, the level of customisation and and quality is always appreciable "

Thank you! I try to give this game a very personal look rather than depend on purchased media. We'll see how that goes

Quote: "To my eyes, she looked liked she was doing this (yes, that's me):"

Actually she did, I fixed that in the final mesh
Also: Interesting ceiling!

I preproduce a lot of models for this game at this moment. I know I wanted this to be my last FPSC:Loaded/FPSC:Classic Project but the Terrain generator and improved lighting effect in reloaded sold me to create this in reloaded after all. I don't think anyone can blame me for that

-Wolf

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2013 05:49
Quote: "Also: Interesting ceiling!"

Haha my brother and I live in a big blue bus (an old Leyland) next to our family's house It's got carpet, fluros along the roof and it's hardwired into the electricity with powerpoints and everything. Obviously the seats are all removed (well, except for the driver's seat). We even have a small wood heater in here. Excellent living space away from our sisters Btw, the castles-in-clouds curtains were there when we bought the bus and we haven't been bothered to replace them with less girly patterns

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2013 15:49
Quote: "Haha my brother and I live in a big blue bus (an old Leyland) next to our family's house It's got carpet, fluros along the roof and it's hardwired into the electricity with powerpoints and everything. Obviously the seats are all removed (well, except for the driver's seat). We even have a small wood heater in here. Excellent living space away from our sisters"

Actually, that sounds really cozy and fun to live in!

Quote: " Btw, the castles-in-clouds curtains were there when we bought the bus and we haven't been bothered to replace them with less girly patterns "

I have a plush cat with a pink roses pattern on it lying on my bed...beat that (to my defence: it was a present)

@all: I'm still making models to design a really dreamy 3D World, please stand by for updates!

-Wolf

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2013 15:11
Quote: "I have a plush cat with a pink roses pattern on it lying on my bed...beat that"

I will! I have a... *looks around room...camo uniform...motorbike helment and goggles...wall lined with games...ancient CRT TV...ancient Sega MegaDrive...dead laptop (arg!! JUST when I needed it most, the motherboard died; I'm buying a Core 2 Quad to replace my Core 2 Duo just so my older tower PC is powerful enough for development)...four different pocket knives...recurve bow and carbon fiber arrows...Air Force posters from my week in RAAF Base Williamtown with the AAFC...targets proving me as near-best shot with a .22 with the AAFC...collection of old programming books...collection of computer/gaming mags...hmm...* So actually as it turns out I can't beat your plush cat

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2013 18:37
Quote: "Please take a look at the close-to-final face here"

Looking already better I like the purple color, because... well, purple is just a cool color

Quote: "this will thus be my first custom character for FPSC."

And a quality model it will be.

Quote: "Umm! I'm flattered then that you think so highly of me"

I don't. I just have fetish of people on the internet saying my name for whatever reason... wait, I guess me thinking highly of you would have been easier to explain? Oh well...

Quote: "I got her working in FPSC: I just dont have a fitting shadereffect just yet."

Looks neat already. Looking forward to seeing with the proper shader effects!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2013 20:01 Edited at: 24th Sep 2013 20:02
Quote: "I will! I have a... *looks around room...camo uniform...motorbike helment and goggles...wall lined with games...ancient CRT TV...ancient Sega MegaDrive...dead laptop (arg!! JUST when I needed it most, the motherboard died; I'm buying a Core 2 Quad to replace my Core 2 Duo just so my older tower PC is powerful enough for development)...four different pocket knives...recurve bow and carbon fiber arrows...Air Force posters from my week in RAAF Base Williamtown with the AAFC...targets proving me as near-best shot with a .22 with the AAFC...collection of old programming books...collection of computer/gaming mags...hmm...* So actually as it turns out I can't beat your plush cat"

I study psychotherapie, so if you want someone to talk to about all this army stuff you hoard, just shoot me a mail

I kid of course I have a recurve bow too. Its mounted to the wall in the little studie that leads to my bedroom We used to take it out to the ranch but my grandmother sold it So now its decoration.

Quote: " I like the purple color, because... well, purple is just a cool color
"

The first ones had cyanblue eyes but then I had the idea to make all of spyra in a purple-color tone... which ended up with just purple eyes

Quote: "And a quality model it will be."

Thanks!

Quote: "I don't. I just have fetish of people on the internet saying my name for whatever reason..."

That makes this less awkward!! Well, if you want, I can get a bunch of people and chant your name a few times, dub this over some porn flick and send it to you METALDEVIL123

Quote: "Looks neat already. Looking forward to seeing with the proper shader effects!"

This will likely be in reloaded so that might take a while

To keep this from geting too offtopic, here is a dinosaur I bought. It will also be in the game.

-Wolf

Attachments

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 05:23
Cool! I'd like to see that dino in action

www.pixeleater.me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:40:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:40:55