Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Ancient Lady's detailed instructions for using Xcode for Tier 1 iOS project

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2013 17:41 Edited at: 19th Jul 2015 03:59
EDIT (18-Jul-2015): This guide has not been updated since the last post (15-Nov-2013) and probably does not apply to AppGameKit 2 and certainly not to the latest version of XCode.

EDIT (15-Nov-2013): The TGC guide for iOS Tier 1 is now much better and fairly good for Xcode 4. The instructions in this post go into a little more (excrutiating?) detail.

EDIT (4-Nov-2013): This is for Xcode 4. The Xcode 5 interface has been changed. Pretty much all instructions still apply, but you have to find the new place in the interface for them. For instance, instead of two obvious sections for the icons and default images, with the images visible, for iPhone and iPad, there is one section with a list of the icons/images needed with buttons next to each to select or display them and there are two buttons under that list labeled 'iPhone' and 'iPad'. You switch between the two with those buttons.

So, here is my version. It is recently updated to deal with Facebook issues.

If you have any issues with them, please let me know.
===================================================================
• Copy the entire IDE folder from the AppGameKit installation to your Mac
• On the Mac copy of the files, delete all but the following folders:
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/apps/interpreter
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/apps/interpreter_ios
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/apps/interpreter_mac
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/apps/template_ios
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/apps/template_mac
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/common
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/Help (this is up to you, whether you want local help)
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/platform/apple
<MACAGKDIR>/IDE/platform/mac
• This next step is very important if you want to link v1085+ (Facebook):
⁃ Navigate to <MACAGKDIR>/IDE/platform/apple/Source/Social Plugins/FacebookSDK
⁃ Follow the instructions in the file named Urgent_ReadMe_Now.txt
• Navigate to \IDE\Apps\interpreter_ios folder and duplicate it
• Rename the duplicate to your chosen app name (i.e. foo)
• Create a directory named 'media' using File->New Folder in Finder, this is where the bytecode and media files will go later
• Navigate into this folder and double click on agkinterpreter.xcodeproj (i.e. \IDE\Apps\foo)
• This should launch XCODE (4.3.2) with the iOS application project
• In order to create a release build, do these steps:
⁃ Click on 'agk_interpreter>' at the very top of the interface (right next to the square 'Stop' button)
⁃ Click on 'Edit scheme…'
⁃ For each item other than 'Build' in the left column, click on it and select 'Release' from the 'Build Configuration' drop down list to the right
⁃ Close the dialog with the 'OK' button
• If you want your compiled project to end up in a friendly directory (the default is quite ugly):
⁃ Select Xcode -> Preferences from main menu
⁃ Click on the "Locations" tab/icon
⁃ Click on the "Advanced…" button
⁃ Select "Custom", click on the select list next to it and select "Relative to Workspace"
⁃ Click on "Done"
⁃ Do yourself a favor and click on the "Text Editing" tab/icon and check "Line numbers", this comes in handy later
⁃ Close the Preferences dialog box
• Click on "Validate Settings" in the middle at the bottom of the interface and click on "Perform Changes" in the popped up dialog (it's up to you whether you enable or disable automatic snapshots in the next pop up)
• Click on the folder icon under tab-like thing with label "agkinterpreter.xcodeproj"
• To rename the basic project:
⁃ Click on "agk_interpreter, 1 target, iOS SDK 5.1" next to white right pointing triangle
⁃ In the area to the right, click on "agkinterpreter" under the word "PROJECT"
⁃ Click on "Build Settings" in the header in the area next to that one
⁃ In the far right column, under the heading "Identity", change 'Project Name' from 'agkinterpreter' to the new name of your application (foo) and then press the enter or return key
⁃ In the "Rename project content items?" dialog that pops up, click on the "Rename" button
⁃ Double click on "agk_interpreter" under "TARGETS" (beneath "PROJECTS")
⁃ Type in your preferred name (should be same as project, for simplicity) and press enter/return key
• Now, to rename the application itself:
⁃ Click on the name under "TARGETS" and select "Build Settings" from the set to the right
⁃ Scroll down to the "Code Signing" header and open the section, if not already opened
⁃ Click on the entry next to "Code Signing Identity"
⁃ Since you will have registered with Apple, created a iPhone Developer ID and downloaded it, it will appear under 'Automatic Profile Selector', select that for now
⁃ Scroll down to the "Packaging" header and open the section, if not already opened
⁃ Double click on "AGK Player" next to "Product Name"
⁃ Type the name you want to use for your app and press the enter/return key
• You probably will want to change the bundle identifier (certainly before you publish):
⁃ Select the target under "TARGETS" and select "Info" on the right
⁃ Double click on "com.thegamecreators.AGKTestApp" and change it to something appropriate for your app. "thegamecreators" should become your indie/company name (no spaces) and "AGKTestApp" should be your application name without spaces
• Select Product > Clean from the main menu (or click {apple}{shift}k)
• Select Product > Build from the main menu (or click {apple}b)
• If all goes well, your application will build successfully
• You can test your new application:
⁃ Select where to run it from the list that appears when you click on the text to the right of the faint right arrow next to "agk_interpreter" near the top of the interface, next to the two buttons (one with a big right triangle and the other with a square)
⁃ Click on the big right triangle
• You should see the AppGameKit Player standby screen on your connected iOS device
• Your connected device could be an iPhone, iPad or 2nd gen iPod
• Quit the application and collect the byte code and media files from your Windows AppGameKit project's media directory
• The byte code and media files should include the BYC file
• Copy these files into the media directory in your new project folder
• Rename the .BYC file to 'bytecode.byc' exactly
• From the project project tree to the left, open up your project so you can see your project files
• Right click on the Resources item and select "Add Files to '<your project>'"
• Enter your project folder and select the media and BYC files you added earlier
• Click the ADD button when promoted to add these files to your project
• Modify the interpreter.cpp file to include the 'bytecode.byc' file:
⁃ Make sure the application tree is open, the right triangle next to the project name in the far left column is changed to a down triangle and a list of directory boxes appears
⁃ Open the "Classes" directory
⁃ Click on 'interpreter.h'
⁃ Add this as the third line (after '#define _H_APP'):
#define STANDALONE
⁃ Save the file
⁃ All being well, when you click Build and Run you will see your Tier 1 BASIC app appear!
• You can find your final application binary at IDE\Apps\yourproject\Build\Products\Release\yourapp

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Oglong
Years of Service
User Offline
Ancient Lady,

Just a question before i get started with this as i'm sure this is pivotal to the process. Does it require X code 4.3.2 or will an older version be the same?

Many Thanks
Dan

Dan
Oglong
Years of Service
User Offline
Ancient Lady,

Just a question before i get started with this as i'm sure this is pivotal to the process. Does it require X code 4.3.2 or will an older version be the same?

Many Thanks
Dan

Dan
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2013 05:15
Oglong, you will need Xcode 4.3 at a minimum.

Basically, with Apple, you want the most recent version of Xcode.

When I first wrote my steps, it was 4.3. I am now up to 4.6.2.

Apple will want whatever is their most recent when you go to publish with them (which I hope to do within the next month).

I should update (again) the instructions to indicate that you should use the most recent version.

However, I do NOT plan to update my devices and development environment for iOS 7 any time soon (Xcode 4.6.2 is good for iOS 6). I haven't heard good things about it, yet.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 20:35
I\'m running iOS 7 on my new iPad Mini, I haven\'t done any extensive development yet just shoved a simple hello world example onto it. But until it\'s out of beta and in the wild I agree with Ancient Lady, it\'s not worth documenting yet, not with AppGameKit anyway. iOS 6 apps should run on 7 just fine after all.

@Ancient Lady

I presume that XCODE 3 is used for iOS 5 and lower (I still have an iPad 1 which is not updatable past iOS 5).
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 21:12
Actually, Xcode 4 is just fine for iOS 5 and lower. I had kept one of my devices at iOS 5 until just very recently.

And had had no difficulties with AppGameKit v1076 and early v108 versions.

I seem to recall that I had to update to iOS 6 because of the Facebook features in v1085+.

But Xcode 4 works fine with iOS 5 devices. The issue is when the app has Facebook SDKs in it, even if it isn't using Facebook or Twitter or any of the social media SDKS.

This is sort of an argument for being able to separate out those SDKs from AppGameKit builds.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 01:47
Oh good, I'll investigate the facebook SDK issue though I dare say I won't be able to come up with anything you haven't done already! After all I've only just worked out that ALT and C/V copies and pastes instead of control lol and a work around to maximise windows when I want. At this rate I should be up to your level sometime in 2023
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2013 04:31
Yup, Macs are a bit different from PCs (and both are a bit different from pure Linux based computers) (Mac is Linux based, but Apple's flavor of it).

I haven't worked out any way to deal with the Facebook SDK issue. Except to update my iOS 5 to iOS 6.

The ideal solution is the one that has been asked for before. Please make things like the social network stuff optional in the AppGameKit builds.

I recognize that that would be not so easy in the Tier 1 stuff. But should be easier in Tier 2.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
pprem2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 18:08
very useful, the guide on AppGameKit documentation is old and need a real refresh !
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 22:52
Does this work for xcode 5.0.1 - Mavericks - iOS 7.03 ?
So far I've used T2 because have not managed to get the interpreter working.

May the 3d force B with U
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 23:20
I have not updated the instructions for Xcode 5 w/Mavericks.

But I am using both successfully.

The tricky part is finding where Apple has moved things in the Xcode 5 interface.

All the same instructions sort of apply, once you find the correct place for them.

I haven't been able to find time to update for Xcode 5.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 00:13
Thanks MiLady

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 04:37
You are quite welcome.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 06:40
I tested today the interpreter_ios on xcode 5.01, mavericks, and the latest iOS7. Used a simple program done by me and some samples (bytecode and media) and so far it works fine on the ipad2 and iphone 4s.

The smackit program works with sound, but the sprites show some sort of placeholder, no background. The only graphics that seem to work is the text. Tomorrow will try another round.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 15:05
It might be that the Smackit project just isn't correct.

TGC has not been keeping the projects under the Examples directory up to date with the actual AppGameKit version since, at least, v1076.

I don't even bother trying to build them. I did get one of the Windows ones to sort of work, but it took a lot of effort to get it right.

One of the issues is that each project has files that are version specific. And the examples don't have those kept up to date.

If you broadcast the Smackit game from your PC to your iOS devices, does it work?

And, can you move this issue to a new thread? We are now into something different from the original post and intent.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 18:50
Thanks Ancient Lady, actually what I wanted to report here is the success of your method with the new apple software versions. Am aware that the smackit issue belongs to another thread.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 19:42
Thank you. I do need to create a version for Xcode 5.

I don't know why software companies insist on making drastic changes to interfaces when the change is really only cosmetic and not functional.

Don't they realize that people don't want to have to learn new things all the time? (Unless it really is something useful, anyway.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 06:00
Yes, even after years of experiencing changes it is hard to get used to it. Seems that your work and base code is stable and then, it comes a change... bad but needed I suppose.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 22:21
Has anyone done beta testing through the App Store? I've followed their directions, but keep on being told that I have no identities (though the certificates are all there and OK during build) when I try to distribute the app via archive. Just wondering if anyone has beta tested through the app store and has seen something similar and noticed a step that Apple left out of the instructions. Thanks.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 22:50
As part of helping someone else get their app in the Apple store, it is doable. And, boy oh boy, was that a brain twister. (And I might be offering services to everyone who doesn't have a Mac, but I need to run that by TGC first.)

Which set of instructions are you looking at? The ones I have posted in this thread (good for Tier 1 and Xcode 4) are not the same as what you would do for publishing an actual app.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 22:55
No I'm using the Apple Developer guide instructions. I think something has changed since the new XCode and they haven't updated the instructions. I've just messed things up further the more I try.
If you think you can/want to help then email me and we'll not clutter your nice thread with my whines and moans.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 23:02
Correct, their online instructions aren't quite up to date with Xcode 5 and iOS 7 (very, very annoying).

I would like to help, but I now can't remember how I interpreted everything and got it to work. I'd have to sort of go through all the steps again. And right now I really don't have the time. I am desperately trying to finish my WIP and get it published (it has been a WIP for about 21 months and my husband is getting a little impatient with me, rightfully so).

The steps do include the following and other steps:
1. Creating a publishing certificate
2. Adding your app to iTunes
3. Creating and uploading a bazilion images for default pages and icons
4. Bringing all the certificates to the right places
5. Using Xcode to do the packaging and uploading to iTunes
6. Going back and forth until they like what you upload

And the first few are not necessarily in the order given.

I do remember that some of the things the instructions said to do are found in the tool bar at the top of the screen for Xcode and not in the actual interface itself.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 23:05
4 seems to be the issue, but I also switched my developer profile over to an LLC way back and I think that may have changed things. I'm in process of clearing the certificates off my machine and resetting everything as best as possible.
No worries if you can't help. Finish your WIP. Stop helping me out so much lol

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 23:16
I can't help it. It is the mother in me that needs to help everyone.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 00:07
Well.. I finally understand why I was so confused and what was wrong.
I was under the impression that I'd be able to send the app to the App Store so that my beta testers can just download it from there. Nope. That'd be way too easy...
The reason I was under this impression (other than that's how Google does it) is that you have to set up the record for the app in iTunes Connect. Also the instructions from Apple tell you to validate your app which you cannot do with the ad hoc profile and certificate...
So really all you have to do is get the certificate and an ad hoc provisioning profile. Archive the app from Xcode and then select Distribute. Then make an APP file which you then send to testers who then have to install it with their device plugged into a computer running iTunes.
Google really makes things too easy so I'm probably spoiled.
Hopefully someone else will find this info helpful

madboy007
Years of Service
User Offline
nice post,ive learned much

hi
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 13:27
Thank you, I am glad to help.

Naturally, some of it needs to be changed to accommodate Xcode 5. But most things can be found in Apple's updated interface.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2014 05:12
Hi, I am able to compile the player project correctly, but ran into a problem in this step:

• Modify the interpreter.cpp file to include the 'bytecode.byc' file:

I added
to the interpreter.cpp file, but it says a file not found error. The bytecode.byc is already included in the project. No matter how I try I only get the player and not my app to run. This is probably a very simple problem that I missed, but I appreciate your help.

Hallowed are the ori.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2014 22:35
That line is no longer needed as it already exists.
So there is no need to modify the interpreter.cpp file anymore.
Hope that helps.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 00:27
Alfred, first, make sure that you renamed your byte code file from <yourprojname>.byc to exactly bytecode.byc.

I don't have access to my Mac Mini yet (the monitor ahs not arrived yet). But you need to make sure that you have added your 'media' folder in the Resources folder of the project.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Alfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 22:10
Got it to work. I had other .byc files besides the bytecode.byc (backups in the media folder). I deleted these and did a reeboot and compiles flawlessly. My app now loads instead of the player. I don't know how this affected the compiler. It probably just needed a reboot to get everything right. Thanks

Hallowed are the ori.
joachim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 00:56
Hi AL,

I,m trying to get setup for XCode5, iOS7 with v108.21,
but I get linker errors when I build.

One reason could be that I can't find the point in your
instructions -
"Click on "Validate Settings" in the middle at the bottom
of the interface and click on "Perform Changes" in the ...".

Could You please help me to find it or give me a hint where
it could be in XCode5 ?

Regards,
Joachim
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 21:21
It's been a few weeks since I went through this process from scratch with XCode 5, but I don't think there was a "validate settings" button anymore.
Can you post the errors here and I'll take a look to see if I can help.

joachim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 21:33
Tanks Naphier,

I just posted one Problem.

It's Joachim with Apple Mach-O Linker Error.

cheers
Oglong
Years of Service
User Offline
Ancient Lady / Naphier,

Hoping you could help, I have followed the extensive guide using Xcode 4.6.3 - initially i had a few issues with regards to the library's etc but i have managed to rectify. However when i attempt to run the template i get the dreaded:

ld: framework not found FacebookSDK

I have followed the "urgent read me" and deleted the file and unzipped the uncorrupted version but i cannot seem to get around this error. I'm hoping that i've just been looking at it too long and that i'm missing something stupidly obvious.

Really appreciate any help on this matter

Regards
oglong

Dan
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2014 20:05 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2014 20:08
We (myself and Oglong above) got ourselves a mac and we are soooo close to building our own iOS apps. The above issue is resolved, and we have successfully used the AppGameKit template to compile the AppGameKit Player (thank you AL, this guide was extremely helpful).

We now have 1 last hurdle to get over and could really do with some help. We have added all of our media to the correct folder ('media' folder) and have changed the bytecode line. However, when we run our application, none of our images have loaded (its all the default red x's), the game itself is fine, we can play it, so we know there is no issues with the bytecode, its just the images. What makes it even more strange, is that the music plays, so it can find the sound, just not any images.

Any ideas? Much appreciated!

EDIT: Just thought I'd point out that the exact same media works fine on Android, so its not a case issue... I suspect it has something to do with adding the resources in xCode but nothing we try seems to work?
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2014 21:17
There are only 2 things I can think of:
First, iOS can't handle images larger than 1024x1024 with AGK.
Second, did you forget to add the media folder and all of its files to the xcode project? (odd if it is this though and your music is playing)

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 12:49 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2014 12:50
Thanks for the reply Naphier, we are really stumped with this one, we don't have any images >1024 and we have added the images to the xcode project...

Would you mind running your eyes over these three images, in case there is something glaringly obvious?

Image 1 of 3 attached...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 12:49 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2014 12:49
2 of 3...

Attachments

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 12:50
3 of 3...

This is what we get in both the simulator and the iPad (via USB). Interestingly though, we get the sound??

Attachments

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 19:03
That is pretty strange. I can't see the contents of your media folder in the project. Just to be certain: when you expand the folders in xcode does it list the images? Maybe you did a folder import and the images didn't get attached to the project?

Another thing to try is to remove the media folder from the xcode project and put it in the root level instead of under the resources folder. This is where mine are.

Maybe there is possible format issues or file name issues. Maybe you have spaces in the file names or capital letters that is confusing iOS? I'm not aware of any problems with this, but it is possible. Also, my project has all of the images in the media directory itself and not in subfolders. It would be odd if this makes a difference and no one else has noted it yet.

Another thing we could check is the frameworks for the project. Send me a screenshot of the frameworks included in your project and I will compare them to mine.

Good news is you've gotten far enough to run the app and load it onto a device. That's a pretty big accomplishment in itself.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 00:29
(I have been busy the last couple of weeks with my new job and move to Alaska, so haven't had a chance to look at the forums recently.)

Funnel7, you need to manually add your media to the project. Unlike with Windows and Android, it doesn't automatically use stuff physically placed in the media folder.

Quote: "• Right click on the Resources item and select "Add Files to '<your project>'"
• Enter your project folder and select the media and BYC files you added earlier
• Click the ADD button when promoted to add these files to your project
"

Joachim, I haven't tried v108.21 yet, I've been busy.

Oglong, make sure that the Facebook Framework is listed in your project. It should be under the Framework folder.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 00:31
If your media directory is blue in the project, it will then automagically include stuff. On the 'add files..' dialog there are two methods to use. One makes it 'blue' and the other doesn't and I can't remember which is which right now.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2014 10:38 Edited at: 24th Feb 2014 19:34
Thanks AL, I hope all is going well in Anchorage

We manually added the files to xcode project but this still didn't help. Our 'media' folder isn't blue (although the project is) so will give this a try tonight.

Here's the really strange part about it... If we create a really simple 'hello world' app in AppGameKit which loads only 1 image (one of the Happy Chick images). When we replace the bytecode with this new one, the image loads and displays with no problems (using the exact same xcode project). This made me think that it was something to do with the Happy Chick bytecode specifically, yet this is the same bytecode/media we sent to you? Strange huh!

Could I ask for a small (hopefully small) favour. Would it be possible for you to send me (via email) the Happy Chick xcode project folder you have on your machine? We can then load this into our xcode and cross check all the settings etc. Would that be possible?

Thank you!!

EDIT: AL, you are an absolute legend (but then you already knew that, right ). We have got it working by changing a setting which made the 'media' folder blue. Thank you soooo much. We can now develop apps for iOS and that is amazing!!
Oglong
Years of Service
User Offline
All Sorted!!! Ancient Lady was correct I altered the option when adding the media folder and it turns blue. it does actually make reference to add sub folders...

AL / Naphier thanks again for your support, much appreciated.

Dan
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 22:32 Edited at: 25th Feb 2014 22:41
Ok... So now I'm really worried... When validating our app, we now get an error which says (something along the lines of), 'for all new apps or updates xcode 5.0 must be used'. Is that what you guys are using? Apparently its since Feb 1st 2014...

If so, we are massively in trouble. We cannot run xcode 5.0 as we are on 10.7.5 which is unsupported! Please help lol...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 03:57
I am always glad to help.

Yes, I am using Xcode 5. Do you still want the project? I am posting it now, just in case.

And, Funnel7, I am glad you can now handle your iOS distro yourself now. I feel bad because I thought I would have time (and energy) and things just haven't worked out for me to spend any time in the AppGameKit world.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 14:15
Hey AL, don't feel bad! We appreciate everything you done for us! You have been a massive help!

iOS development is a royal pain in the butt!! It's like an emotional rollercoaster lol... 1 minute we think we have finally cracked it and then the next minute Apple drop another bombshell...

We have since found out that you must use at least xcode 5.0 to distribute apps. But here's where it gets really ugly, xcode 5.0 has a minimum OS spec of Mountain Lion (10.8) and our mac has a maximum OS spec of Lion (10.7). So there is no way for us to upgrade our OS to Mountain Lion... Grrrrr... We are effectively back to square 1 lol...

We have 1 last lifeline, apparently, you can partition the drive and have both Lion and Mountain Lion installed on older macs. We will be trying this tonight... If this don't work, then I give up... (or may just buy a newer model )...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 04:12
Funnel7, a Mac Mini is relatively inexpensive (if you have a spare monitor, keyboard and mouse). It is what I use (currently with a KM switch to share mouse/keyboard with my Windows laptop {I sooooo want my tower computers}).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Oglong
Years of Service
User Offline
So good news. I managed to get Mountain Lion 10.8.4 loaded to our unsupported mac with xcode 5.0.2 . I can also confirm that the app has now been successfully submitted with all the code signing complete.

AL your guide is still relevant and all the steps are exactly the same with 5.0.2.

The good news is that xcode 5 is so much easier to use and interacts better with the provisional profiles / certs.

Thanks again for your support

Dan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:26:44