Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 2 Official Development Blog

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 09:52
Quote: "It's a shame to have a lack of consistency. It would be much better to choose a method and stick to it otherwise we will be constantly trying to remember "is this a command with the ignore case parameter or the ignore case keyword?"."

I completely agree. I've always said that consistency is vital to a good programming language.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 10:04
I would disagree, I think the commands make perfect sense, and as for having to remember which one has a parameter.... The editor shows you in brackets!!

For membkocks though, I agree with the speed issue, and also that it would be awesome to be able to assign a sprite directly to a me block however I'm assuming this is shader territory.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 15:23
Quote: "I'm thinking of doing everything through memblocks"

Sounds fantastic... Thanks I'm happy now..

Using AGKv2 Tier1
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 15:48
I'm SO looking for to this release. Create3DPhysics6DOFJoint gives me an idea for a remake of Thrust on C64 - only in 3d! Nice.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 17:49
Quote: "I had a quick look at that but it appears it might be an OS issue, someone reported something similar happening to Java, I'll have to wait until I bring the Linux version up to date to confirm."

Huh, interesting. That guy gave up way too easily though

I've done a bit more research and it does appear to be a bug because of the way Linux handles repeat inputs, which is odd. I don't know why they would handle it differently, or at least offer workarounds to get things working properly.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 04:20 Edited at: 15th Sep 2015 04:21
Paul,

1.) Has the Powers of Two requirement for render images on mobile devices been addressed yet?

OpenGL ES 2.0+ supports NPOT textures (excluding mipmaps and repeat-wrap). In my case I would mostly want to use NPOT render images that match the device resolution exactly for precise manipulation without fear that it will be corrupted and nonfunctional on mobile platforms as it has been in the past. Other uses include dynamic HUD generation which can be in all shapes and sizes. You mentioned you would check into this restriction when starting 3D commands a long time ago.

2.) Have you yet considered providing basic GLBlendFunc support for sprites / render images?

When the AppGameKit Kickstarter announced support for additional blend modes, I anticipated the common ability of setting src/dest GL blend functions and have needed this ability for a couple in-development apps. The only alternative to many easy blend operations is to try and write shaders and use quad object composite rendering, which in my experience has been unpredictable and uncooperative on some devices and is more overhead than needed for simple blend operations. It is something available in most other development platforms and seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to add to AppGameKit given that we already have additive blending etc. Examples.

3.) Please consider allowing custom image names when saving to the photo gallery via PrintImage (applicable on Android) or redoing this command as a parameter of SaveImage.

I have experienced varying levels of success trying to save an image to the photo gallery on Android devices. Sometimes it works properly, others not at all. Tested on Kindle Fire HDX and HP TouchPad in particular. Currently we are stuck with AppName_SavedImage_# but I would prefer custom formatting such as a datestamp in the name etc. Ideally we could save to a sub-folder within the media folder as well. I would propose adding a parameter to the existing SaveImage command rather than using PrintImage for this purpose as that isn't even a documented feature. By adding one more parameter to SaveImage, it could indicate whether to save to the data directory or public gallery directory (i.e., 0 = data write folder, 1 = media gallery).

Thank you for all the work you've been doing on AGK.
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Again... no 3d fog command...
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 10:49
Quote: "Also the issues with render images on Android."

It's in the bugfix list

Quote: "Is anything happening with shadows?"

They went their own way after splitting with Cliff Richard and released a couple of albums. I think they split for the final time in 2010.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 10:53
xCept, those are excellent requests/suggestions and I back them 100%. In other words, +1.

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 19:29
Quote: "Quote: "Is anything happening with shadows?"
They went their own way after splitting with Cliff Richard and released a couple of albums. I think they split for the final time in 2010."

Not THE Shadows! However, if we are in joking mode, then I hope I'm not as old as them before I see them in AGK2.

Seriously though, are they even due to be added? Same with fog, although we can work around that a little more easily than shadows.

hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 20:56 Edited at: 15th Sep 2015 20:57
If the next update includes some form of ambient occlusion, I'll be singing Paul praises for the next 100 years
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 15th Sep 2015 21:41
Quote: "They went their own way after splitting with Cliff Richard and released a couple of albums. I think they split for the final time in 2010."

Lololol

I see what you did there.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2015 23:39
Quote: "They're on my list, although I'm thinking of doing everything through memblocks. So you'd use CreateMemblockFromObjectMesh, modify the memblock, and then SetObjectMeshFromMemblock, since changing the vertex data will have to regenerate the entire mesh anyway. Then you can also do CreateObjectFromMeshMemblock to create a new object directly from a mesh memblock. "

+1 !

m0y
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm not already an expert so correct me if I'm wrong.

On Apple Game Center I have commands for multiplayer (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/GameKit_Guide/MatchmakingwithGameCenter/MatchmakingwithGameCenter.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008304-CH12-SW2). In Tier 1 (Basic) those commands will be supported soon?

And the Android equivalent?

Are only some commands that could let to implement multiplayer games really fast

Thanks!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 14:34
@m0y: This isn't really the place for it, but you can find documentation on all the existing multiplayer commands here.

Quote: "12th September 2015

We're working to bring you all a new build in the next 3-4 weeks time."

We're just about reach the '3' of that 3-4 week target. Hopefully we'll see the release sooner rather than later! I think I'm going to have an embolism or something if I have to wait much longer!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Woodster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 21:08
Nothing wrong with setting possible release dates, after 00011110 years in the game, I know they can provide focus!

However, customers would rather it late and working, in my experience...so no pressure (from me)!!

That said, got my eye on a few list items myself, so ready (and waiting) when you are guys!

Bethleem
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there.

Wonderful piece of soft you are making here. Just a question. In the august dev video, you show the bone´s commands working in a nexus. That,s cool. But... the physic ones? Do they work on android too? It´s a critical point for me to decide buying AppGameKit or not.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 06:49
A Beta build is coming (this week hopefully). We'll release Windows and Android builds as a BETA. So watch this space. Once we get feedback from that build we'll then create the other versions.

@Bethleem - yes physics commands are cross platform.
Development Director
TGC Team
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 10:06
yell yeah!!!
To Err is Human...
To Arr is Pirate!
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 15:46 Edited at: 6th Oct 2015 16:13
I cant wait....im really waiting on these new commands to dabble in the 3d world

Edit: I just had another look at what the new update is going to contain....Im too excited now I shouldn't of looked...I might have to hold Lee for Ransom for an expedited update.
Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 16:15
The Beta WILL be released TODAY!
Development Director
TGC Team
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 16:23
Quote: "The Beta WILL be released TODAY!"

SWEEEEEEEEEET! Im so excited....Christmas came early this year!

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 23:59 Edited at: 7th Oct 2015 01:11
Awesome! Top job guys..

Downloaded and tested on my Win7 VM and it worked perfectly. Now to try those long awaited 3d commands

When's the Linux version of 2.0.15 happening?
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 06:27 Edited at: 14th Oct 2015 06:32
My body is ready

Regarding AppGameKit Community Toolkit thread https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/212975, I noticed it was closed down.
Can somebody reopen it? Someone might have useful tools to share in the future
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 09:04
Quote: "Regarding AppGameKit Community Toolkit thread https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/212975, I noticed it was closed down.
Can somebody reopen it? Someone might have useful tools to share in the future"

Done
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 14:19
@ BatVink I'm glad you caught that.
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 13:49
Hi,

We're preparing the full release and expect to make it live next week (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Blackberry and Linux).

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 14:00
Quote: "We're preparing the full release and expect to make it live next week (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Blackberry and Linux)."

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up Rick
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Rick

will it work with VS2015?
will it work on ios9?

Thanks
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2015 07:48
Quote: "We're preparing the full release and expect to make it live next week (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Blackberry and Linux)"

Sounds great Rick! Do you have any roadmap for where we are headed next?
maoli249
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 08:06 Edited at: 4th Nov 2015 06:24
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 10:28
Quote: "will it work with VS2015?
will it work on ios9?"

YES!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
great!

now we just need the "official" Android Studio template, but according to Paul that should come soon
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2016 08:17 Edited at: 9th Jan 2016 08:17
Quote: "I use Tier2 so I need the C++ libs to build an android apk! "

+1
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 10:11
Hi all,

I have posted an update (finally in the first message of this thread).

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 11:29
RickV wrote: "I have posted an update (finally in the first message of this thread)."

Ohh, I was heard. Really many thanks for the coming soon list. Now we know what we can look forward to.
Keep up the good work.
Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
Pixie-Particle-Engine
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 11:48
Quote: "thanks for the coming soon list"

I presume that is sarcasm? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
I don't see any coming soon list. Just a list of what has happened in the past, with a small nod to the fact that the documentation is to be updated.
I'd really like to know that AppGameKit is still being worked on and would like to see a proper update to show exactly what is being worked on (other than the documentation).

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 11:51
Hi,

We have a new maintenance build coming next week. We will be running a new survey to see what the community want / feel is important. Once that process is complete and we have our plans agreed we can share them with you.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2017 11:58
Quote: "I presume that is sarcasm? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
I don't see any coming soon list. Just a list of what has happened in the past, with a small nod to the fact that the documentation is to be updated.
I'd really like to know that AppGameKit is still being worked on and would like to see a proper update to show exactly what is being worked on (other than the documentation).
"

sorry my fault. i have skip some lines by reading.
Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
Pixie-Particle-Engine
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 20:50
RickV, thanks for picking this up again! Seems you guys made some real good intentions for AppGameKit this new year!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 13:51
Blog post updated! See the first message.
Development Director
TGC Team
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 19:58
Thank you for the WMV!!!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 12:21
Blog post updated! See the first message, we have published our Roadmap for 2017!
Development Director
TGC Team
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 13:08 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2017 13:08
I'm a bit disappointed, but that's because nothing in that roadmap will be useful for me. I must have given exactly the opposite answers to everybody else who did the survey
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 13:36
Great, I will now be able to make DLLs for AppGameKit Tier1.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Carharttguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 13:49
My opinion about the roadmap:

Cool there is one, that's really nice!
3D shadows, 3D particles, YEAY!
DLL commands for Windows: Cool, but Windows only, so Windows AppGameKit will have more power than other platforms. Multi platform is one of the greatest strenghts of AppGameKit imo.
Video adverts, box2D, Export to other platform, Load and save arrays: Cool updates if you use them, nice!
VR: Very nice IMO, it's a brand new world!
AGK Studio: Don't know what to think. Cool I guess, but I hope AppGameKit doesn't lose it's core: Being an easy to learn cross-platform language.

Thanks for the update RickV!
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 14:21
Quote: "DLL commands for Windows: Cool, but Windows only, so Windows AppGameKit will have more power than other platforms. Multi platform is one of the greatest strenghts of AppGameKit imo."

Being able to add third party commands to AppGameKit with DLLs should not be limited to windows and I do not believe it will.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 14:54 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2017 14:59
I am very happy with the result, as everything I voted for is in the roadmap I think... maybe I'm the average AppGameKit user

OK... I don't comment on 3D Shadows... better they make a really good one
(nonetheless I voted for it I think ...don't remember)
3D Particles: I had the plan to make my own but now I'll just wait...so it's Great for me
DLL's: Great
Video AD's: Great
Box 2D: Sadly a bit to late I think, as I want to release Slice Wise any time soon and It would probably profit from the Box2D extension
(I'll have to do many updates then I think)
Export: I just tinkered with my Hackintosh and couldn't get it working again... so very Great as Slice Wise shall make it into the Apple App store.
(this feature is on the top of the list for me)
Load arrays: Great
VR: I think we can not profit from the heavy duty VR Gear like Oculus and Vive so much, although it is a very nice feature !
(hope it will improve Mobile VR too)
AGK Studio: Thats the only thing I don't need as there is/or I have enough alternatives
(again very handy if it is done well)

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 15:09
Windows DLLs will be the test case. I'm pretty sure we can extend it to Mac and Linux. However Android and iOS would be much more difficult, if not impossible.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 16:18
I'm very disappointed JSON hasn't been included. HTML5 is only half a solution but how many apps do not require the saving of at least some data?
I'm not even convinced the road map is a result of the questionnaire but more probably a pre-determined route regardless.
Still, i can hope

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:17:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:17:23