Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Elections - nonZero & DJD64 for office (nASA's candidates)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 02:48
It's real Zach, can't you see with your film-making eyes

Wasp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 13:39 Edited at: 16th Jun 2014 13:40
That first photo is the creepiest thing i have seen this year, nonzero. Really it looks like the guy from scream if he was gay.

(I don't mean disrespect to gay people. It was a joke on stereotypes. I have no problem with gays and lesbians. My cousin is lesbian and i am cool with that but we still make lesbian jokes even in front of her.)

World's worst signature - ever!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 16:33 Edited at: 17th Jun 2014 12:35
Ignoring those negative comments and getting back on topic...

I'm happy to note nASA doing quite well. I would just like to thank our supporters and nASA members for your wonderful support! I wrote a poem for y'all:

nASA's thankful, for all your support
The negativety of others, has always meant naught
Dark forces try, to take over this place
Side by side, we fight back with grace

[My sig is fixed, links work]
Copy-paste, "I vote for nonZero" into this thread to vote for me. If you don't then shame on you!
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 18:46
Support doesn't rhyme with naught.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 19:54 Edited at: 17th Jun 2014 12:33
Quote: "Support doesn't rhyme with naught."

...but 'port' does... well, depending on what accent you have...
IT'S ART, IT'S EXPRESSION, IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO CONFORM TO SOCIETY'S RULES! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!!! *Slams bedroom door, puts on headphones and plays some metal tunes while posting, "What crap day. So angry I don't wanna talk about it" on Facebook and hoping like hell that everyone will comment on the status with things like "what's wrong", "don't worry, you're a beautiful person" and "we're all here for you"*

Copy-paste, "I vote for nonZero" into this thread to vote for me. If you don't then shame on you!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 20:58

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 22:00
My vote goes to indiceum or whatever his name is. He seems like a cool guy and doesnt afraid of a nothings.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 23:00
Quote: "My vote goes to indiceum or whatever his name is. He seems like a cool guy and doesnt afraid of a nothings."
We respect your decision kind sir. We find Indicium to be a fine fellow.
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My vote goes to indiceum or whatever his name is. He seems like a cool guy and doesnt afraid of a nothings.
"

What gave you that impression?
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 00:43
This:

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 01:04 Edited at: 17th Jun 2014 12:30
Sticky situation to see my opposition getting support in a nASA thread. Still...

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 01:05 Edited at: 17th Jun 2014 12:19
nASA Freedom Transmission:

We are not interested in the possibility of defeat. Not within the silence of a deserted thread, nor the clamor of The Posting Competition.
nASA can not be vanquished, we can not be destroyed.
nASA will rise up again and control the forum, take back the power and crush MrValentine's horde.
As war fades in to the distant memories of enlightened pigs and open wounds, the other parties will begin to perish; one by one, they should.

Feel fear of permanent bans, do not ignore the chance to scream. Lie awake at night in wonder, admitting nASA will return to glory and the story of other parties who set out to conquer will finish... in blood.

Copy-paste this: I vote for nonZero
into this thread to vote for me. If you don't then shame on you!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 12:16
I have fixed my link in my sig. Why did none of y'all tell me!? Honestly I have a right mess to clean now.

Copy-paste this: I vote for nonZero
into this thread to vote for me. If you don't then shame on you!
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 16:48
Quote: "Cleaning up Threads and Boards"

Hmm. What do you mean by this? I actually happen to like the boards how they are. What did you have in mind? So far this is the only thing in your policies I'm even slightly worried about.

Quote: "we absolutely do NOT try to gain votes through pathetic ploys like bribery. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies."

lol at this

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 16:55
Quote: "CUTENESS CONFIRMED

I may die happily now"

ROFL

Quote: "Support doesn't rhyme with naught."

Yes it does. Oh WAIT you're American. It rhymes if you have a real accent. BURRRN!

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 17:34
Clonkex, fear not. Ous cleaning up threads and boards is an idea I had to abstract things a little so that things can be accessed through "groups" that will make more sense than some of the current layout, only if the user chooses, and also to put redundant stuff in archives (like the Intel comp). It will be accessible normally but just won't be part of the site since nobody can post in it now anyway so they may as well become static pages. This is to speed the forums up. I also propose, again, for a separate board for competitions (of any nature).
[out-of-character]The policy means little because it's up to TGC. I'm playing the role of a typical politician But I do intend, election aside, to continue trying to figure out better systems. I'm fond of this place so I want to help make it better. But obviously any changes would be up for democractic decision if TGC even considered them. I, too, like most of the layout here because it isn't too nested.[out-of-character]

Time is running out! Vote for me in this thread by posting "I vote nonZero" or all hope for this forum is lost.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 17:52 Edited at: 17th Jun 2014 17:55
Quote: "Clonkex, fear not."

Ok.

Quote: "only if the user chooses"

Likin' dis fwaze.

Quote: "also to put redundant stuff in archives (like the Intel comp)"

...yeeeees, with you so far... (Have you ever seen The Good Life? )

Quote: "This is to speed the forums up."

I don't think it will matter so much with the new forums.

Quote: "I also propose, again, for a separate board for competitions (of any nature)."

Sounds like a very good idea.

Quote: "The policy means little because it's up to TGC."

Worry not, I am well aware of this fact. I just didn't want you to go suggesting silly things to The Next, but it seems you know what you're doing after all

Quote: "I'm playing the role of a typical politician "

And doing a jolly good job of it, too

Quote: "But I do intend, election aside, to continue trying to figure out better systems. I'm fond of this place so I want to help make it better. But obviously any changes would be up for democractic decision if TGC even considered them. I, too, like most of the layout here because it isn't too nested."

Goodo. One of things I like about this place is the naming system. Can you believe some forums actually call posts "comments"! I like the fact that this one goes Forum > Board > Thread > Post.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 20:28
Quote: "And doing a jolly good job of it, too"

Why thank you.

Time is running out! Vote for me in this thread by posting "I vote nonZero" or all hope for this forum is lost.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 23:06
Ah yes, I myself was considering some various changes that could be made to the interface as well. I forgot many of them... It doesn't seem like past presidencies have really made much change around here?? We shall strive to see that changed. Presidency doesn't just give us a badge.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2014 00:48
Quote: "Ah yes, I myself was considering some various changes that could be made to the interface as well. I forgot many of them... It doesn't seem like past presidencies have really made much change around here?? We shall strive to see that changed. Presidency doesn't just give us a badge. "

You do realize the presidency just gives you a badge right? The President of TGC is like the Queen of England...

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2014 00:51
That's silly. Well, you WERE president yourself so I guess you know what you're talking about. But who's to say that can't change, even on this incredibly strict forum? We'll see how it goes.
Wasp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2014 12:53
Quote: "The President of TGC is like the Queen of England..."

Does that mean he can eat swans (https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081002212844AAuo2Tf) ?

World's worst signature - ever!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:17:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:17:43