Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK version 2 Alpha 7.1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You will get that if you don't have the DirectX 9 runtime library installed"

I thought the newest version of DirectX came with windows 8 and was supposedly backwards compatible. I guess not

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 00:37
Some DX DLLs are not in the latest versions. The installer can check for this if it needs 9.0c

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 00:52
Quote: "if agk v2 is going on steam.... it would make sence to me if we had steam integration aswell... to be able to submit agk apps to steam. [for the basic users like me]"

+1

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 08:06 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2014 08:07
Quote: "if agk v2 is going on steam.... it would make sence to me if we had steam integration aswell... to be able to submit agk apps to steam. [for the basic users like me]"

Although I could see something like Steam Workshop integrated into AppGameKit (whereby users could submit their own AGK-created apps, which others could then download and launch from the AppGameKit app similar to custom levels in other Steam games) the actual process of submitting to Steam will always be a very manual process AFAIK and not really something that AppGameKit could assist with. You have to create a page for it and submit the information to Steam Greenlight and then cross all your fingers that the community votes for it to get it through, which is a rare occurrence. It is not at all like submitting an app to the Android/Apple/Microsoft stores.
CyberGamer
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if agk v2 is going on steam.... it would make sence to me if we had steam integration aswell... to be able to submit agk apps to steam. [for the basic users like me]

Can you please look into this tgc? "

As agk is going on Steam what does this mean to those of us that don't use Steam?
I know very little about Steam, I have heard that to use apps on Steam we have to logon to a Steam app to run them will this be required to run future versions of agk?

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3
Windows 8.1 Pro
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 13:04
The thing is like to see, regarding the release of agk on steam, would be the ability to add achievements and trading cards for PC games.

BobH0905
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 13:46
Quote: ""Failed to open file for writing C:/Users/Bob/AppData/Local/AGKApps/Time05/JoystickOuter.png""

Paul
Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions
C:/Users/Bob/AppData/Local/AGKApps/Time05 exist? // No it doesn't, the AGKApps folder is empty
If it doesn't exist try creating it, does the app work now? // I created Time05 and media directories, it makes no difference, I still get the same error.
If not can you create files in that directory or do you also lack permission? // Yes, I can both create files directly in that directory, and I also tried indirectly creating files by unzipping a random file using that directory as the target. Both were successful.
My Windows 7 account is an administrator account.

I've checked the Security settings of every directory in the hierarchy, all say I have "Full Control" and I've also taken ownership, and I still get the same error.

When I run AppGameKit V2 Alpha 7.1 as "Run as Administrator" I have no problems. But the generated executable then gives the same problem. When I run the executable as "Run as Administrator", it runs fine.

However, the fact that I'm the only person getting this problem indicates fairly clearly that it's a problem with my PC, not AGK. So don't spend any more time trying to figure it out, I'll investigate my machine further and let you know when I find the problem (it MUST be a problem with my machine, I just don't know what yet)
[Off-topic. "Export as Android APK" works spectacularly well. Thanks for that]
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 18:05 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2014 18:06
Nevermind.
Effishen
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Paul

Are bitwise operations not working in V2? (e.g. XOR which used to work in AGK)

char1 = char1 XOR char2

Error message:
encryption.agc:61: error: Unexpected token "xor"

Also, can you help me understand why is V2 indicating an error here? (was working in original AGK)

Function CryptStr(data$,key$)
dim newbytes[Len(data$)] as string
endfunction

Error message:
encryption.agc:46: error: Array "newbytes" has not been defined

Thanks!

Effishen
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 21:52
The xor operators is ~~

Apparently with the array you can't call a command/function to dim it. DO this instead:
function ArrayTest(data$ as string)
my_len = len(data$)
dim my_array_test[my_len] as string
endfunction

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 03:50
Paul i think there is a problem with the Game Center in the AGK.
If i try to initialize "GKMatch" AppGameKit go error and stop to work.
Game Center is too easy to use, so i prefer to use it for multiplayer.
I'm also using the GKChatVoice... and the other features.

Can be the Lite version without nothing except the AppGameKit functions?
I mean, without In App purchase or Game center or anything else?

As i see i'm the only one that work on iOS, so why don't you try the easy way?
I think the iOS coders in Lite version want to use their delegates or their sessions.

Could it be done?

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 05:53 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 05:54
Quote: "DeleteTween seems to be causing a crash on Android"

Thanks, fixed for the next version.

Quote: "Also, I've noticed that GetFirstFile and GetNextFile don't work when using the Android AppGameKit player"

I couldn't replicate this

Quote: "on a Kindle Fire HD7", GetRawLightLevel always returns 0.0"

Unless they have a special API for their light sensor I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Quote: "Is there going to be an option to export to Eclipse and XCode projects?
The projects will still be available for us to use on our own, correct?"

Not at this time, but yes they are still available.

Quote: "I tried building the VS2010 template. It complained about not finding a file in "Paul's" directory"

Thanks, I've fixed the project file to use relative paths.

Quote: "I can't find any way to change the name of the .exe output on windows."

You can rename it to anything, it no longer requires a bytecode file of the same name.

Quote: "With #option_explicit, you can't define a local var inside a function like this "local myvar = 0""

Currently as intended, you must add the "as integer"

Quote: "it would make sence to me if we had steam integration aswell... to be able to submit agk apps to steam"

You don't need to add anything to your exe to be able to release on Steam. Although I get that it would be nice, we are not doing overlay integration at this time.

Quote: "if i try to make a v2 player on my blackberry playbook....is it going to work?"

Not yet, I will bring Blackberry up to date when I get a chance, and if it still exists by then.

Quote: "As agk is going on Steam what does this mean to those of us that don't use Steam?"

It's just a way for us to get a bigger market looking at AppGameKit, we have no plans to stop selling through our site.

Quote: "I've checked the Security settings of every directory in the hierarchy, all say I have "Full Control" and I've also taken ownership, and I still get the same error."

My next guess would be some kind of third party security software, like anti-virus preventing writing to certain locations, but it's a long shot.

Quote: "Can be the Lite version without nothing except the AppGameKit functions?
I mean, without In App purchase or Game center or anything else?"

GameCenter should already be excluded from the lite version, but there is reason to leave the revenue generating portions in, and was specifically requested when we were deciding what to include, so I can't please everyone.
Effishen
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Naphier.

Works like a charm.

Effishen
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2014 22:08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:17:47